Silver Airways

Comments (151 to 200 of 1025)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia

33 months ago

thja222 said: HEY EVERYONE!!

Just F.Y.I. I received an email today from Silver Airways letting me know my background and drug screening cleared, and confirming my spot in training for the September 04, 2012 class. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Good luck to EVERYONE! Be watching for your EMAILS! And I look forward to meeting a lot of you on September 04.

I just received the email and was told I am cleared and in the Sept 4th, class.

thja222

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: I just received the email and was told I am cleared and in the Sept 4th, class.

YAY!!! GREAT!! See you on September 04.

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: I just received the email and was told I am cleared and in the Sept 4th, class.

Congrats Guys! That is awesome!! I haven't heard anything, so I'm getting nervous! I never did drugs or had any tickets or can think of anything that would make me 'Not Clear' so I guess I will just wait and see. When were the e-mails received? Earlier in the day or just this evening? Maybe I'll hear tomorrow.
Congrats again to those that cleared! I'm really happy for you!!! YAY!!

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Congrats Guys! That is awesome!! I haven't heard anything, so I'm getting nervous! I never did drugs or had any tickets or can think of anything that would make me 'Not Clear' so I guess I will just wait and see. When were the e-mails received? Earlier in the day or just this evening? Maybe I'll hear tomorrow.
Congrats again to those that cleared! I'm really happy for you!!! YAY!!

Mine came in at 1702. I called and ask if I cleared and she said e mails were going out to the ones who was cleared so far. I would call tomorrow.

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

33 months ago

CabinCrew, please do not worry. I am certain that you cleared.
You are going to be a great FA.

33 months ago

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: CabinCrew, please do not worry. I am certain that you cleared.
You are going to be a great FA.

Awe...Thank you so much, Spiritual!

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: Mine came in at 1702. I called and ask if I cleared and she said e mails were going out to the ones who was cleared so far. I would call tomorrow.

Should I call the number they have on the business card they gave me? Not sure.....I guess some clear faster than others. I also have to realize that they are not only doing background checks, but also booking rooms, making flight reservations, entering the names, and getting everything set up for the class.
I still can't help having a horrible feeling. I hope that goes away....I'll keep everyone posted.

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Should I call the number they have on the business card they gave me? Not sure.....I guess some clear faster than others. I also have to realize that they are not only doing background checks, but also booking rooms, making flight reservations, entering the names, and getting everything set up for the class.
I still can't help having a horrible feeling. I hope that goes away....I'll keep everyone posted.

Cabin Crew, You are coming with us. We are a team. Call today. I called the number on the top of the drug screen paper and the first 4 letters of the last name, Wash. See you in September.

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

33 months ago

hopefulflygirl in Chicago, Illinois said: Any upcoming Open Houses?

Just a guess but here is my opinion.......People on this board who attended an open house said that Silver is planning to schedule training classes in Sept, Oct and Nov. Since they had 2 OH already in Aug to fill the Sept 4 training class I am guessing that they won't have another OH till mid-Sept. The Open houses they hold in Sept will be used to fill the training class in Oct. Therefore, I am guessing they will hold another OH in about 3 weeks from now. The waiting is hard isn't it.......

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Awe...Thank you so much, Spiritual!

Have yo heard anything yet? Im just checking in on ya. I know your nervous.

33 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: Have yo heard anything yet? Im just checking in on ya. I know your nervous.

I actually called today and they said that they were still waiting for my clearances to come in. Not %100 sure what that means, but I think it has to do with my former airline experience because they have to physically send a D.O.T. form to each carrier that then has to send it back. It's not something they can do over the phone. Each airline has to sign a form stating that I never refused or failed a D.O.T random drug test. I could be totally wrong, but that's kinda what I'm thinking they are waiting on. So it's just a matter of time. I just wish it was done already because then I'd know for sure. It's about 10 days out now and time to prepare.

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: Cabin Crew, You are coming with us. We are a team. Call today. I called the number on the top of the drug screen paper and the first 4 letters of the last name, Wash. See you in September.

That's right! I am coming with you! I'm putting all of my trust in the Lord. It WILL work out. Didn't come this far to be let down. Thanks for caring!!

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida

33 months ago

Hello,

I recieved a email yesterday around passed noon!! I was so excited!! I can't believe it, I will see the 40 candiates that were picked!!

33 months ago

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Hello,

I recieved a email yesterday around passed noon!! I was so excited!! I can't believe it, I will see the 40 candiates that were picked!!

That's great, IsaAn! Good for you! Yay! It's exciting isn't it? The adventure begins. Hopefully I will see you in Florida ;)

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York

33 months ago

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Hello,

IsaAn, did you end up driving all the way from St Cloud to the VA open house at Shenandoah Valley? We were chatting that night and I never heard back.

COngrats and very happy for you. I ended up having an interview with AMerican Eagle and got a CJO for training in September too!

33 months ago

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York said: IsaAn, did you end up driving all the way from St Cloud to the VA open house at Shenandoah Valley? We were chatting that night and I never heard back.

COngrats and very happy for you. I ended up having an interview with AMerican Eagle and got a CJO for training in September too!

Thats good, You will still be in the air with us. Congrads.

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: Thats good, You will still be in the air with us. Congrads.

How did you find out American eagle was hiring. I just went to their website and no jobs for FA's are listed.

MySky in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

Got the e-mail tuesday!!! I'll be on the Sep 04th class!!!!

33 months ago

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: How did you find out American eagle was hiring. I just went to their website and no jobs for FA's are listed.

American Eagle posted on July 31 for about a day or two. Then they posted for one day only the first week of August. I am not sure, but it really seemed like most of the people that were called for interviews were former FAs. I applied the very first hour it came out.

Right now the word is 40 people in Sept Class and 40 people in October class.

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: Thats good, You will still be in the air with us. Congrads.

Thank you! BTW, I love the area you live in!!! I tried to get out to the OH that day but I only had 24 hour notice and just couldn't make it! Good luck with your class. YOur uniforms sound really cute. I wish I could wear a pink scarf! LOL I am assuming you are a female!

33 months ago

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York said: Thank you! BTW, I love the area you live in!!! I tried to get out to the OH that day but I only had 24 hour notice and just couldn't make it! Good luck with your class. YOur uniforms sound really cute. I wish I could wear a pink scarf! LOL I am assuming you are a female!

Yes, I am. See you in the friendly skies.

33 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: Have yo heard anything yet? Im just checking in on ya. I know your nervous.

Guess what? I got my clearance e-mail just now!! YAY!! WHEW...(As she wipes the back of her hand across her forehead, shaking like a Chihuahua that has to pee)
I'll see you all in Ft.Lauderdale. Make flash cards and study the airport codes!!!
Good luck to everyone that's waiting to hear.

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Guess what? I got my clearance e-mail just now!! YAY!! WHEW...(As she wipes the back of her hand across her forehead, shaking like a Chihuahua that has to pee)
I'll see you all in Ft.Lauderdale. Make flash cards and study the airport codes!!!
Good luck to everyone that's waiting to hear.

I knew you would be with us. See you soon.

33 months ago

New Silver FA in Staunton, Virginia said: I knew you would be with us. See you soon.

See you soon!! :)

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: See you soon!! :)

YAY!! I am happy for you. EVERYONE who is in the SEPT 4 TRAINING CASS! I called the Inflight Director who was listed on the clearance email from H.R the other day and she said we will be getting our welcomed packets either Monday or Tuesday- Their still waiting on EVERYONE to be cleared so they can send them all at the same time for EVERYONE to have the same amount of time to study. She also mentioned it will help a lot if you begin to study the 24 hour time clock, and also the Silver Airways Airport Codes, which you can find on their website. I look forward to seeing EVERYONE!! We don't have long!!

MySky in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: YAY!! I am happy for you. EVERYONE who is in the SEPT 4 TRAINING CASS! I called the Inflight Director who was listed on the clearance email from H.R the other day and she said we will be getting our welcomed packets either Monday or Tuesday- Their still waiting on EVERYONE to be cleared so they can send them all at the same time for EVERYONE to have the same amount of time to study. She also mentioned it will help a lot if you begin to study the 24 hour time clock, and also the Silver Airways Airport Codes, which you can find on their website. I look forward to seeing EVERYONE!! We don't have long!!

Thanks for the info!!!!

33 months ago

MySky in Miami, Florida said: Thanks for the info!!!!

Your welcome.

33 months ago

There is no "I" in JEALOUS except I am so jealous of you all!!
:) Congrats to Everyone who is going to Sept 4 training!!
I will be at the next OH no matter what and hope and pray I will be picked to be in the class after yours!!

Get rid of trolls in Everywhere

33 months ago

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: There is no "I" in JEALOUS except I am so jealous of you all!!
:) Congrats to Everyone who is going to Sept 4 training!!
I will be at the next OH no matter what and hope and pray I will be picked to be in the class after yours!!

Spiritual, not sure if you are interested, but the word is that JetBlue is opening a very rare and small window of opportunity for F/A openings on Monday.

If interested, make sure you go to their site and fill out your profile, attach resume and cover letter and then you would be ready to apply for position when it opens on Monday morning!

33 months ago

OMG thank YOU!!!! I will do that ASAP

Get rid of trolls in Everywhere

33 months ago

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: OMG thank YOU!!!! I will do that ASAP

Also, United will be hiring again really soon as well as Delta. You need to get profiles and attach resumes/cover letters on each site and will save you a ton of time when they open for applications!!!

Good luck!

Pam Ann in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: Just a guess but here is my opinion.......People on this board who attended an open house said that Silver is planning to schedule training classes in Sept, Oct and Nov. Since they had 2 OH already in Aug to fill the Sept 4 training class I am guessing that they won't have another OH till mid-Sept. The Open houses they hold in Sept will be used to fill the training class in Oct. Therefore, I am guessing they will hold another OH in about 3 weeks from now. The waiting is hard isn't it.......

SPIRITUAL - Good guess. Everything that you hypothesized is word for word what the hiring director told me. They will recommence open houses either in or after September.

33 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: YAY!! I am happy for you. EVERYONE who is in the SEPT 4 TRAINING CASS! I called the Inflight Director who was listed on the clearance email from H.R the other day and she said we will be getting our welcomed packets either Monday or Tuesday- Their still waiting on EVERYONE to be cleared so they can send them all at the same time for EVERYONE to have the same amount of time to study. She also mentioned it will help a lot if you begin to study the 24 hour time clock, and also the Silver Airways Airport Codes, which you can find on their website. I look forward to seeing EVERYONE!! We don't have long!!

I wrote down all of the airport codes we'll need to know. The best thing to do is get 3x5 cards, write the three letter code on one side and the city/state on the other.

Airport Codes
Altoona,PA=AOO
Atlanta,GA=ATL
Beckley,WV=BKW
Billings,MT=BIL
Bimini,Bahamas=BIM
Bradford,PA=BFD
Clarksburg,WV=CKB
Cleveland,OH=CLE
DuBois PA=DUJ
Fort Lauderdale,FL=FLL
Franklin,PA=FKL
Freeport,Bahamas=FPO
Gainsville,FL=GNV
Exuma,Bahamas=GGT
Glasgow,MT=GGW
Glendive,MT=GDV
Eleuthera,Bahamas=GHB
Havre,MT-HVR
Jacksonville,FL=JAX
Jamestown,NY=JHW
Johnstown,PA=JST
Key West,FL=EYW
Lewisburg,WV=LWB
Lewistown,MT=LWT
Marsh Harbour,Bahamas=MHH
Miles City,MT=MLS
Meridian,MS=MEI
Morgantown,WV=MGW
North Eleuthera,Bahamas=ELH
Orlando,FL=MCO
Parkersburg,WV=PKB
Pensacola,FL=PNS
Sidney,MT=SDY
Staunton/Shenandoah,VA-SHD
Tallahassee,FL=TLH
Tampa,FL=TPA
Treasure Cay,Bahamas=TCB
Washington D.C. Dulles-IAD
West Palm Beach,FL=PBI

The above airports and their cods is all I found on the current website, so if there are more, they will come with the training packet.
Hope this helps!

33 months ago

I RECEIVED FLIGHT ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE SEPT 4, 2012 TRAINING CLASS. DID ANYONE ELSE?

33 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: I RECEIVED FLIGHT ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE SEPT 4, 2012 TRAINING CLASS. DID ANYONE ELSE?

I talked with them, but haven't gotten the e-mail yet for my flight info. I'm flying in on the 3rd. I think everyone is. I'm waiting for the packet, so I know what to pack.

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: I talked with them, but haven't gotten the e-mail yet for my flight info. I'm flying in on the 3rd. I think everyone is. I'm waiting for the packet, so I know what to pack.

We should be receiving our packets tomorrow.

33 months ago

I didn't receive my welcome packet today via Email. Did anyone?

MySky in Pompano Beach, Florida

33 months ago

I got a call from Sandi to confirm my email address to sent the welcome packet. I think they will send it tomorrow.

33 months ago

Just got it!

33 months ago

MySky in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Just got it!

Thank you. I just received mine as well.

33 months ago

I got mine as well! A lot to remember in a very short period of time! Plus pack. I checked out the hotel on Google Earth! It's kinda far from Stores, so hopefully the van will take us grocery shopping, if not, we'll have to rent a car for a day!

MySky in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

I can give you guys a ride to the store if you need! I'll be driving every day as I live 20 miles away.

33 months ago

How nice of you!! I'm sure people would chip in for gas!! There is a Win-Dixie down the highway!

33 months ago

My pleasure!

33 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: I got mine as well! A lot to remember in a very short period of time! Plus pack. I checked out the hotel on Google Earth! It's kinda far from Stores, so hopefully the van will take us grocery shopping, if not, we'll have to rent a car for a day!

Cabin Crew, I have been reading the American Eagle thread and noticed that you were an FA with them a few years ago ( I assume you are the same person...lol). I am just wondering why you are no longer with them? Were you one of the ones that got furloughed? I hope you don't mind me asking, I just want to make sure you were happy when you were there since I got a CJO with them.

Good luck in your new adventures with Silver...it is an exciting time for them!

33 months ago

That wasn't me. I think that was my friend Susan. We used to work at Piedmont US Airways Express together. We were based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She hated Eagle because of the people that worked there. They also work you to death from what she said.
Susan got hired by US Airways mainline and commutes to Charlotte from Harrisburg. That's so funny that she was even on these forums. Small world. She's so sweet, and I think a little too sensitive, so don't worry about Eagle. You go and enjoy!

Girl friday in Augusta, Georgia

33 months ago

Now that Silver Airways has took down the post for Flight Attendant Positions does that mean no more open houses in September and October for other bases like ATL ETC?

33 months ago

Girl friday in Augusta, Georgia said: Now that Silver Airways has took down the post for Flight Attendant Positions does that mean no more open houses in September and October for other bases like ATL ETC?

Even though they took the Flight Attendant post off their job site, they are probably still looking for Flight Attendants. I am assuming they got jammed with a lot of resumes, and a lot of people interested in joining Silver Airways. They probably will be more OH's in the near future. I know they just had one on Tuesday. Remember that OH are for ANYONE and EVERYONE! So you don't have to be invited to attend a OH. You just have to visit this forum frequently for someone to post information regarding the next one, or you probably can email your resume to their Inflight Department, which I heard some people do and still get a invite. Im pretty sure they haven't filled up October and November training classes that fast!

Best of luck to you. I hope this helps!! Goodluck!!

33 months ago

Girl friday in Augusta, Georgia said: Now that Silver Airways has took down the post for Flight Attendant Positions does that mean no more open houses in September and October for other bases like ATL ETC?

Also I just took a look at their website and the Flight Attendant post is still posted. You may want to APPLY when you visit their website again. I don't think it will be up their very long due to MANY people are applying for these Positions, and their are two classes left for the year which is in October, and November. Remember the earlier, the better!!

Best of luck to you. I hope this helps. Goodluck.

33 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: Even though they took the Flight Attendant post off their job site, they are probably still looking for Flight Attendants. I am assuming they got jammed with a lot of resumes, and a lot of people interested in joining Silver Airways. They probably will be more OH's in the near future. I know they just had one on Tuesday. Remember that OH are for ANYONE and EVERYONE! So you don't have to be invited to attend a OH. You just have to visit this forum frequently for someone to post information regarding the next one, or you probably can email your resume to their Inflight Department, which I heard some people do and still get a invite. Im pretty sure they haven't filled up October and November training classes that fast!

Best of luck to you. I hope this helps!! Goodluck!!

OMG....They just had an OH on tuesday????? Where was it held I did not hear a thing about it. I have been watching this site daily. How did I miss it??

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.