Sky King Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

UpInTheAir in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

Hi everyone!
I'm scheduled to begin training in Lakeland Jan. 13th. Just wondering if anyone else on this board is in this class? I'd love to connect beforehand, and also wondering if you have heard anything since the packet was sent out. I have not yet received my study guide. :(
If anyone has any info or updates , please let me know :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey

29 months ago

UpInTheAir in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi everyone!
I'm scheduled to begin training in Lakeland Jan. 13th. Just wondering if anyone else on this board is in this class? I'd love to connect beforehand, and also wondering if you have heard anything since the packet was sent out. I have not yet received my study guide. :(
If anyone has any info or updates , please let me know :)[/QUOTE
Hi, How do you apply to this company?

29 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey said:
Hi there!
I went to a hiring event in early Dec..I know they posted again in mid Dec.on the JSFIRM aviation job board. You might_try mailing a resume to their office in Lakelnd,

29 months ago

UpInTheAir in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said:

That's Lakeland, Fl.

Amanda in Miami, Florida

29 months ago

Hey Im suppose to begin training the 13 as well but I didn't get any study guide either, have you tried contacting them cause my friend tried contacting them but they never picked up

29 months ago

Amanda in Miami, Florida said: Hey Im suppose to begin training the 13 as well but I didn't get any study guide either, have you tried contacting them cause my friend tried contacting them but they never picked up

Hi Amanda,
I am going to email them today. Seems odd that they have not sent that out yet. I have read a few things online in the last several days that have me a bit concerned- Things are going on at the company, so I'm wondering if everything is still a "go".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Florida

29 months ago

Yesss! We've probably read the same things, I called today and spoke with Diane she told me we should be receiving our study packets by this weekend

PanAmBrat in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

Hi Amanda,
Could you email me at Guinloveslance@yahoo.com? Love to chat off board :)

28 months ago

Hi Amanda-
Looks like training is delayed :( Hopefully things will work out over the next several weeks! Keep the faith !

Amanda in Webster, Florida

28 months ago

Yes I'm kinda pissed because like other people I've spoken with we had left our jobs to be able to attend training & we've spent money in order to have things ready for training. They're unprofessional and really unorganized they should've told it was gonna be post ponded weeks ago not this recent

28 months ago

Oh that's a real shame! Luckily, my work is a bit different, but I know what you mean. It's so close to the date we had to leave, and lots of expenses are involved. I am so glad I held off on having the physical - just canceled my appointment for tomorrow! I'm just thankful that they made the decision now, rather than sending us home in the middle of training and/or not paying us . Are you still planning on attending training whenever it is rescheduled?

TCWflyer in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

Hey guys,not sure I got good news but I think it is only fair for you to know the latest about SkyKing.. It seems to change by the minute so it is only what I am aware of and I do not guarantee it being 100% correct..iIt is what I have been told..as of now half of the company has been furlough 2 days before Christmas.. They only have one plane that is able to fly.. They had 3 ,one of them is sitting at hangar with no engine,the second one was return to the lease company since they could not come up with the $ for the lease.As of yesterday,the CiO was fired via a court order and the previous CEO step back in. The only plane left if flying what is called Ice flight,a contract that they have with the gouvernement( flying deportees ,and criminals in shackles,along with an average of 15 guards)... Nothing glamorous about those flights!! Then it left the 2 or 3 turns a day .. Miami to Cuba...This airline was supposed to become an "amazing"place to work for.. They were looking forward to a bright future..Not want to break anyone excitement... Miracle do happen ,I certainly wish them to be able to turn around and have a fresh start in 2014..However,I think that you should know what I am aware of.. Yet again ,I am sure there is a lot more that nobody knows about.. And FYI for those who have never flown before...Being a flight Attendant is the most wonderful and rewarding job in the world.. Would I call SkyKing a real airline ??? Probably not...but best wishes to all of you .Dont ever give up on your dreams if it happens to be flying...Do not ever stop looking ,it is so worth it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

eyeinthesky in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

Yes, I was scheduled for the 13th training class, however I received an email yesterday that it has been postpond for four weeks. No I have not received any training packet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Hi TCWFlyer,
Thanks for the info. I did my homework, ;) so was aware of most of the things you mentioned, but I'm sure it might come as a surprise for many people . I was wondering about what was going on in court the other day, so this answers that question! I couldn't find anything online.
I do hope they are able to keep flying, but under the circumstances I am not 100% counting on it. It perplexed me when I heard about the lay offs and single aircraft, that they were still recruiting and had not canceled or put our training on hold. Since all these problems have been going on since mid-Dec.. it just seems that they should have made the decision to postpone training weeks ago, rather than a few days before the time we had been scheduled to report, since people quit jobs, made arrangements, and spent money preparing for training away from home. I am not too thrilled about the ICE flights either. They don't mention those when recruiting! I have my fingers crossed that their plans for growth come true, and they can ride these problems out. I am going to wait and see what transpires over the next month.
Are you currently a FA or have you worked for Sky King? Any updates you have will be appreciated! Thanks again for your input on this board :)

Butterflyingskyhigh in Webster, Florida

28 months ago

Hello everyone .. I would like to say I am a former employee to skyking. I was hired in as a flight attendant and after long stressful months was given a chance to work on some of there planes down in Miami. It was the worst experience I have ever had as a flight attendant. Thru training things were looking bright for the future but once I got put on the line my pay was being played with my schedule was very unorganized and no one would ever answer my calls. It was a hopeless dead end job. So if anyone has any questions feel free to email me at ashleymarie6507@yahoo.com

320flugzeug in Long island, New York

28 months ago

Amanda in Webster, Florida said: Yes I'm kinda pissed because like other people I've spoken with we had left our jobs to be able to attend training & we've spent money in order to have things ready for training. They're unprofessional and really unorganized they should've told it was gonna be post ponded weeks ago not this recent

I feel so sorry for you Amanda, the same thing happened to all of us who were hired more than a year ago, we all left our jobs and they told us training was going to start in about a week down in Miami, after that we never heard a word from them, they didn't even send an e-mail, or call us to let us know what was going on. They are very unprofessional!!!!! I've heard their CEO was giving lots of cool-aid to their flight attendants!!! if I were you, I'd stay away from this airline!!!!

eyeinthesky in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

So you never heard from them again? I did receive the packet with the drug screen a nd m physical questioner. I took drug test and chain of custody was sent to them. Did you not get thus far?

28 months ago

320flugzeug in Long island, New York said: I feel so sorry for you Amanda, the same thing happened to all of us who were hired more than a year ago, we all left our jobs and they told us training was going to start in about a week down in Miami, after that we never heard a word from them, they didn't even send an e-mail, or call us to let us know what was going on. They are very unprofessional!!!!! I've heard their CEO was giving lots of cool-aid to their flight attendants!!! if I were you, I'd stay away from this airline!!!!

Did anyone in your group ever get in touch with them? If so, did they tell you training was off or just postponed? It is such a difficult situation since they waited so long.

28 months ago

UpInTheAir in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Did anyone in your group ever get in touch with them? If so, did they tell you training was off or just postponed? It is such a difficult situation since they waited so long.

Never! FYI just go to Sky King, Inc. Wikipedia- the free encyclopedia and read about this company!

28 months ago

eyeinthesky in Miami, Florida said: So you never heard from them again? I did receive the packet with the drug screen a nd m physical questioner. I took drug test and chain of custody was sent to them. Did you not get thus far?

Nope, As of December 31,2014 Sky King has only 2 airplanes, one of them has been grounded for several months with a bad engine ( no money) that leaves them with only one airplane available. I've heard the CEO was trying to borrow some money from Pilots to pay for his mortgage???? Can they even afford to pay for your training??

28 months ago

I've scoured the net and there is a lot of info out there. ;) You do need to do your homework. I really hoped that they had new owners coming in and that it would be a new era at SK like they spoke about. Evidently, things did not go as they had hoped or expected, otherwise the whole hiring event was pointless as they were letting people go within a couple of weeks of notifying us.

28 months ago

320flugzeug in Long island, New York said: Nope, As of December 31,2014 Sky King has only 2 airplanes, one of them has been grounded for several months with a bad engine ( no money) that leaves them with only one airplane available. I've heard the CEO was trying to borrow some money from Pilots to pay for his mortgage???? Can they even afford to pay for your training??

That was my fear! We were having to go to Lakeland for training and I was concerned that we would get up there and have them shut down and/or not pay us. I could not afford that trip without the pay. It just seemed so obvious to me that the last thing they should have been contemplating was having a training class under the circumstances!

28 months ago

Do you have any contacts that currently work for SK? I read online that the ICE contract expired today, and was wondering if that was actually correct and if they got a new contract or if not?? I did see they had one ICE flight today. It would be very interesting to know, since that has become a large part of their business.

28 months ago

UpInTheAir in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Do you have any contacts that currently work for SK? I read online that the ICE contract expired today, and was wondering if that was actually correct and if they got a new contract or if not?? I did see they had one ICE flight today. It would be very interesting to know, since that has become a large part of their business.

Sorry, but they no longer work for Sky King. Why don't you check on line Public Charters|Department of Transportation then scroll down to where it says list of public charters and just pick the year either 2013 or 2014, there you'll find every single charter airline contract and for how long they'll fly it, also the name of the company they are flying for, from what I can see Sky King doesn't have contracts with ICE.

I hope this can help you in some way, also check on line Flight Aware live flight tracking and type SGB that's the fleet's operator code, you'll see if Sky King has any (one) plane up in the air somewhere???

28 months ago

320flugzeug in Long island, New York said: Sorry, but they no longer work for Sky King. Why don't you check on line Public Charters|Department of Transportation then scroll down to where it says list of public charters and just pick the year either 2013 or 2014, there you'll find every single charter airline contract and for how long they'll fly it, also the name of the company they are flying for, from what I can see Sky King doesn't have contracts with ICE.

I hope this can help you in some way, also check on line Flight Aware live flight tracking and type SGB that's the fleet's operator code, you'll see if Sky King has any (one) plane up in the air somewhere???

Thanks for the info! I'll check that out. There rarely are any hits on flightaware, but another site logs contacts for the airplane-that shows the I FLIGHTS. CE ( RPN ) and regular SGB flights.
I did read somewhere that these airlines are chartered through an intermediary for the ICE

Randomperson

28 months ago

I think we've all done our homework about the company... Skyking no longer has working flights, they use to travel to Havana Cuba but they no longer are traveling to Cuba I was informed about this through a friend that works at the airport

28 months ago

They did fly one Cuba flight this past Sunday, and a couple on Saturday. Have they officially shut down at the airport? They had not been flying too frequently since early Dec..

Randomperson

28 months ago

Nope American Airlines delta and other companies have started traveling over there

28 months ago

Just found this on Wiki- Employees were notified on January 26, 2013 that Sky King, Inc. was ceasing operations and all company communications were halted and shutoff. There was no indication given to the length of the cessation or the permanence of it.

I was really hoping things would work out :(

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.