Southwest Airline hiring flight attendants?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 449)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

flyboi in Allentown, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Does anyone know when Southwest Airlines will hire flight attendants again? I know they are in the process of intergating Airtran Flight attendants and internal employees that want to transfer to inflight. Also any rumors on growth? International? New aircraft?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

WestCO in Frederick, Colorado

14 months ago

I have been watching their site for years and have never seen them hire any new f/a yet (?) They must really love their jobs and nobody ever quits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stinkidog in Toledo, Ohio

14 months ago

WestCO in Frederick, Colorado said: I have been watching their site for years and have never seen them hire any new f/a yet (?) They must really love their jobs and nobody ever quits

Well, that's probably pretty true but honestly from what I've been told they open it up to internal applicants first. So that being said, if they don't find as many as they need through that process, they open it up to outside applicants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rachtravel in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

13 months ago

As far as internal are we talking flight attendants with other airlines that they try to pull to their airline or internal as people who work for them as other positions who want to become flght attendants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

13 months ago

rachtravel in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin said: As far as internal are we talking flight attendants with other airlines that they try to pull to their airline or internal as people who work for them as other positions who want to become flght attendants?

people who already work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cali Girl in Greenville, South Carolina

12 months ago

I cant wait for Southwest to hire external again. For California or Las Vegas. Please let me know!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Where does Southwest do they training? What are the California bases?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

12 months ago

Cali Girl in Greenville, South Carolina said: Where does Southwest do they training? What are the California bases?

The training is done at their corporate office in Dallas, I am not sure about the California bases.

12 months ago

Oh okay. Thanks. Do you know how many weeks is the Training.

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

12 months ago

Cali Girl in Greenville, South Carolina said: Oh okay. Thanks. Do you know how many weeks is the Training.

When I flew for them it was for 4 weeks because you only have one plane to learn, it may have changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio

12 months ago

Does someone know something? Southwest isn't getting ready to hire are they?? I know, silly question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DaFlyBoy in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: The training is done at their corporate office in Dallas, I am not sure about the California bases.

Training is 5 weeks. There is over water training

DaFlyBoy in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

Bailey25 in Toledo, Ohio said: Does someone know something? Southwest isn't getting ready to hire are they?? I know, silly question.

They usually hire every year, but it's been internally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Need2flyAustin in Redford, Michigan

12 months ago

So no external hiring? Anytime soon?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

12 months ago

Need2flyAustin in Redford, Michigan said: So no external hiring? Anytime soon?
How do you like Republic?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Need2flyAustin in Redford, Michigan

12 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: How do you like Republic?

I don't know yet! :) I've been in training and more training. It's 3.5 weeks of class followed by an OE. Followed by 3 more class days on a different a/c, then another OE. The commute is gonna be hard. I got MCI, but the flights in and out are limited. 2 legs anyway I turn. Hopefully I'll be off reserve soon. It's hard going from big to small.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

princessblonde03 in New Jersey

11 months ago

I don't think they plan on hiring external for quite sometime since they continue to hire from within. I'm starting to think about applying for non FA positions but there is nothing in my area as of yet. I figured it might be easier to transfer from within vs waiting for them to open the position externally.

Good luck everyone!!

super doo

11 months ago

princessblonde03 in New Jersey said: I don't think they plan on hiring external for quite sometime since they continue to hire from within. I'm starting to think about applying for non FA positions but there is nothing in my area as of yet. I figured it might be easier to transfer from within vs waiting for them to open the position externally.

Good luck everyone!!

That is a great idea since they do offer internal apppicants to apply first. Some airtran friends say swa is still training them to Southwest so they think it will be awhile.

At one point wn did cut initial training to 3 weeks, plus water training was just a day or was it At any rate, they still could be training in just 4 weeks I think it depends on how fast they need people instead of whats covered. They simply pack more into each day. But from what I recall the 3 week classes were so overwhelmed when they finally got online. Yet the company had a need and filled it. Just never say never when it comes to Southwest.

Good luck and remember to bring your bright bubbly personalities

elvisfan in Winfield, Illinois

10 months ago

I just read that southwest is now hiring pilots. Does a southwest flight attendant know if that means hiring attendants would be next? Thanks

Sapphire21 in Ohio

10 months ago

elvisfan in Winfield, Illinois said: I just read that southwest is now hiring pilots. Does a southwest flight attendant know if that means hiring attendants would be next? Thanks

I would love to know this too, when SWA will hire FAs
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flyinghigh4everaa in Broomfield, Colorado

10 months ago

Southwest is opening for flight attendants within the next two weeks

mstailwinds in Dallas, Texas

10 months ago

flyinghigh4everaa in Broomfield, Colorado said: Southwest is opening for flight attendants within the next two weeks

Where is this coming from do U know from inflight? word of ? just wondering since its been since february14 2011

ATtravelgal in Gulf Coast, Mississippi

10 months ago

Last weekend I stayed at a hotel that housed a lot of flight crews. I spoke to an AirTran FA and he did say that Southwest would be hiring FAs soon! I'm still not sure what I think about shorts and polo shirts....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

10 months ago

ATtravelgal in Gulf Coast, Mississippi said: Last weekend I stayed at a hotel that housed a lot of flight crews. I spoke to an AirTran FA and he did say that Southwest would be hiring FAs soon! I'm still not sure what I think about shorts and polo shirts....

You will LUV it! They are the best airline ever!!!!

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

10 months ago

I just texted with one of my f/a friends from SWA, she said it will be posted for the general public in December. The internal posting will go out soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

10 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: I just texted with one of my f/a friends from SWA, she said it will be posted for the general public in December. The internal posting will go out soon.

I need to correct my previous posting, SWA has to see first how many internals apply before they post it to the general public.
Last time they had an internal posting, there were so many that applied, there was no need for a public posting. I will keep everyone informed as I know anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Boutique Owner in Los Angeles, California

10 months ago

Does anyone know what are the FA bases for California

FlyFly in Inglewood, California

10 months ago

Boutique Owner in Los Angeles, California said: Does anyone know what are the FA bases for California

oak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Oh. Oakland. Thank you

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California

10 months ago

That is great news, I didn't think they would be hiring this year:)

fromthe757 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

Here is the information that has been shared with current Southwest & AirTran Employees:

- The hiring need has been determined by several factors, but the biggest one is to ensure sufficient staffing for spring and summer 2014.
- The job posting will be made available to current Employees "within the next couple of weeks".
- More than one class is planned and the first class is planned to begin in January 2014.

No official communication has been issued regarding an external (public) job posting for the Flight Attendant position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Potpie in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

fromthe757 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: Here is the information that has been shared with current Southwest & AirTran Employees:

- The hiring need has been determined by several factors, but the biggest one is to ensure sufficient staffing for spring and summer 2014.
- The job posting will be made available to current Employees "within the next couple of weeks".
- More than one class is planned and the first class is planned to begin in January 2014.

No official communication has been issued regarding an external (public) job posting for the Flight Attendant position.

I went through the f2f with Delta. Is Airtran just as hard as Delta? Anyone know of a smaller airline to try first? Thanks!

10 months ago

American Eagle

SWA-Stew in San Antonio, Texas

9 months ago

Yes, I've heard early next year! Be on the look
Out! It's the BEST company in the world!

nataniel in Riga, Latvia

9 months ago

I used to work as a flight attendant for American Eagle before I switched to a more local company <a href="www.telsgroup.com/services/">cargo transportation</a>. The communication will not be too complicated for you if you take FA courses first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

italiangirl in Bartlett, Illinois

9 months ago

Hi SWA in Texas,
Can you tell me what base is most junior for southwest? Is it possible to get either Phoenix or Chicago out of training? If not how long would it take for both bases? Thanks

ChrisSutphen in Atlanta, Georgia

9 months ago

italiangirl in Bartlett, Illinois said: Hi SWA in Texas,
Can you tell me what base is most junior for southwest? Is it possible to get either Phoenix or Chicago out of training? If not how long would it take for both bases? Thanks

It's Baltimore

Teresa Coney-Jones in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

I will do my part as a Flight AttendantEmployee Type: Full-Time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

I will do as the employer requires one to do .

9 months ago

I have my passport to be used
as needed.

9 months ago

Was my former last name.

9 months ago

I am a hard dedicated worker, and know
how to be part of this team.

9 months ago

Ms. Teresa Coney-Jones

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

flyme2tothemoon in Lisle, Illinois

8 months ago

Is Southwest now hiring for Flight Attendants?

princessblonde03 in Northern New Jersey

8 months ago

flyme2tothemoon in Lisle, Illinois said: Is Southwest now hiring for Flight Attendants?

I just checked their website and they do not have the FA position open. I heard they might be opening the position to external candidates sometime next year.

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

8 months ago

princessblonde03 in Northern New Jersey said: I just checked their website and they do not have the FA position open. I heard they might be opening the position to external candidates sometime next year.

I have a friend that works in HR for Southwest and all she told me was in the future.

PMatthewII in Pennsylvania

8 months ago

Just got the heads up that this could open any day now... posting for updates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

princessblonde03 in Northern New Jersey

8 months ago

PMatthewII in Pennsylvania said: Just got the heads up that this could open any day now... posting for updates.

Will the opening be for internal or external candidates?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

8 months ago

princessblonde03 in Northern New Jersey said: Will the opening be for internal or external candidates?

the internal posting was last week.

tarms in Port Neches, Texas

8 months ago

What is the weight requirement for SWA and most airlines? Over the last 2 years I have lost a considerable amount of weight and SO ready to apply for my DREAM JOB!!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.