Spirit Airlines.. Dallas, Tx open House February 16th!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Fahub in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Spirit Airlines will be hosting an open house in February.. they are looking for flight attendants.. This is for their Dallas, TX hub.. they are flying in prospect.. you must be willing to relocate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Grand Prairie, Texas

18 months ago

I will be there! Does anyone know of the starting salary for Spirit airlines FA? I am so excited and can't wait to go. Also, my passport has my maiden name on it, do i need to change it to match my drivers license name?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA in North Richland Hills, Texas

18 months ago

ashley in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I will be there! Does anyone know of the starting salary for Spirit airlines FA? I am so excited and can't wait to go. Also, my passport has my maiden name on it, do i need to change it to match my drivers license name?

yes or they will not accept it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Thank you, I found the name change form online. And I also found all the salary information also.

Kelli in Plano, Texas

18 months ago

Be willing to relocate where I wonder. Las Vegas??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I think they are looking for dfw, but in the future maybe relocate? I'm not sure!

Kelli in Richardson, Texas

18 months ago

Thanks Ashley! Will you be at the open house?? If so, Which day will you be going?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I will be! I am going on Sat at 9am! When will you be there? Have you been a flight attendant before?

18 months ago

Im going Sat at 9am as well! And no I have not. Always wanted to be though!! have you?

18 months ago

No i havent either, but I am the kind of person that gets bored easily and always likes a change so I think this will be perfect, I have been trying to figure out what it is that I want to make my career, since I have a 2 year old son. And I went to school for Early childhood dev, but owning a day care in my home is completely different than any other job with children I have had... Im so ready for this new adventure!

18 months ago

Thats great! I'm sure we will both do well :] Do you already have a passport?

18 months ago

Yes, luckily I have one, but it has my maiden name on it, so I went on Saturday to the post office and the passport office was closed! I met another guy from the airport there and he said for some reason they all were, so I will be going tomorrow to try again! The costis crazy and I personally think they shouldnt make you get your passport until after your hired and before training starts. But I dont mind because like you, I feel confident! Good luck and we should look or each other there. Are you married or single, have kids?

18 months ago

/

18 months ago

I totally agree. But I need one so I guess I dont mind. Just hate that its so expensive. I think you can do it online though that way you dont have to go out of your way or wait in any lines.
www.uspassport123.com/

Im 24, live with my boyfriend and have no kids. Are you married?

18 months ago

Yes i am married, and he is very supportive of the decision, but the training will just kill me to be away from our little boy!

18 months ago

Awww I bet!! did you hear about Omni's open house too? It's tomorrow. I'm still debating on that one. I was pretty late on applying online and never got an invite to the open house. but im not sure if that even matters at all.

Kelli in Plano, Texas

18 months ago

Does anyone know how long it takes to find out if you got invited to training or not?

18 months ago

I have no clue except for what I have heard and read from others, that if they want you you most likely find out the same day... Who knows though, it could be different per airline.

18 months ago

Oh and I did get an invite to omni, but I decided not to go since my schedule wouldn't allow it. But I did go get my name changed on my passport today :)

kelli in Irving, Texas

18 months ago

Ohh yayy!! I went today not knowing you had to have your original birth certificate and its tucked away at my moms house somwhere so I wont be able to have it in time for the interview :(
But please keep in touch! I would love to hear how it all goes. I'm so so upset that I'm not going to be able to make it :( but there will be a next time. And that next time I will be more prepared. I must find some positive lookout on it. Right?
Good luck!! Keep posting!!

18 months ago

You went today?? I thought it was saturday and Sunday!! That sucks about your birth certificate!!

Need2flyAustin in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

You have ti have your birth certificate now?

kelli in Irving, Texas

18 months ago

Ohh nonono sorry I wasnt clear. It is tomorrow and Sunday. But I went to try and get my passport.

Fahub in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

For those of you who attended the Spirit Airlines open house in Dallas... How did it go?? did you get hired????

ashley! in Grand Prairie, Texas

18 months ago

Oh my goodness. I wish I wouldn't have even gone! No, I was not picked, and I don't mean to sound cocky, but I was very confident. I have my own business and I have many years of all safety and customer service experience. People complimented me on my speech during our break. It's crazy, they picked anyone billingual, and that had attended the "flight attendant prep schools", and I was kind of shocked at who they didn't pick. There were so many strong minded people there that got let go, and they chose some people that I wouldn't want on my flight if I was a customer. But hey, I left there happy as could be, because I realised that I was way to over qualified for this and there is something better for me personally. I would have loved the flying, but I need to be a mom first. Besides, I think the greatest blessing and reason I didn't get chose, was becaues I was a young mom, and I think I might be pregnant again :) Things happen for a reason!

kelli in Irving, Texas

18 months ago

Ohhh no!! Yeah I had a friend go too and she said they only picked like 15 people!! Crazy. I'm sorry you didn't get it but its all for the better! And congrats on the poss
ible future baby!! :))

I finally got my birth certificate so I might try another airline so we will see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ramon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

17 months ago

Can anyone please tell me if Spirit pays for the airfare to get to DFW? Im trying to go to the open house next week, thank yo very much.

Halle45 in orlando, Florida

17 months ago

Ramon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Can anyone please tell me if Spirit pays for the airfare to get to DFW? Im trying to go to the open house next week, thank yo very much.

No you get yourself there.Good luck

Ramon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

17 months ago

Thank you very much.

ashley! in Grand Prairie, Texas

17 months ago

No, they will not pay for it, and unless you have previous experience or speak more than one language, their open houses are a joke. I wasted a perfect saturday, and I live here, and i have plenty of customer service, management and other experience. I know I was judged for having a young son. Not to be conceded, but I am a pretty girl and I always have a smile on my face, this would have been perfect for my career, but you get 30 seconds of not even one on one talking, and thats it. Then they choose. I gave an amazing 30 second speech that I got so many compliments on, and I never had a chance to talk to them and let them see my skills. I was disappointed, but now I know it was a blessing in disguise, I dont want that.

dmccann in Garland, Texas

6 months ago

Does anyone know where the next open house will be held in Dallas, this weekend? I understand it's scheduled for February 16, 2014. Please help

LAGirl1966 in Addison, Texas

12 days ago

When & where is the next Spirit OH please?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.