Spirit Airlines Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

FA Hopefull in Las Vegas, Nevada

42 months ago

Hello!!! So i'm attending the Spirit Airlines open house in Las Vegas this weekend and I was wanting to hear from either Current employees or people who have gone through the interview process with Spirit. Whats it like? questions that will be asked? etc.... Thanks soooo much!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona

42 months ago

They just have each person stand in front of the room and speak into a microphone and say your name and what you are presently doing for a job. And say a few things you think your current employer would say about you. (Like Flexible, creative, dependable, etc.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

luvgoldens in Gilbert, Arizona

42 months ago

I was shoched how few people were in attendance, there might have been 25 people at the one I attended on Sunday at 2:30. I did meet some great people, although I was not selected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA Hopefull in Las Vegas, Nevada

42 months ago

I attended the sunday 9 am session and i as well was not chosen :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gloworm in Camarillo, California

42 months ago

What do you mean not chosen? They said that they would contact us within a week to let us know yes or no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

What do you mean you were not chosen. They said that they would contact us with in a week to say yes or no.??!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

flyguy in Saint Charles, Missouri

42 months ago

If they want you they keep you there and move you onto the next step. If they tell you that you will know within a week, you were not chosen and will get a rejection letter stating as such. Standard industry procedure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Hey fly guy, were you at the interview in Vegas? Gosh, I didn't see anyone pulled over and they did announce to all that we all would hear within a week one way or another. I actually hung around a bit looking around. Do you know some who have been chosen?

Anyone else here know of anyone who was chosen? Good Luck everyone!!

Adorable

42 months ago

I went to the las Vegas open house on Monday and just like everyone else I was told that there would be an email sent out, but I was called back that day for the second interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adorable

42 months ago

Hey I was there, and I was chosen. The call was sent out the same day. They didn't notify anyone on the spot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in Oakland, California

42 months ago

I went to the open house on Monday and I did not get a phone call. I guess I was not selected. I am wondering if anyone received a phone call a few days later.

42 months ago

I did not get a call at any time or e mail. I am a former f/a, yacht chef/ stewardess and medical professional.

Hopeful in Oakland, California

42 months ago

According to the posts, there were very few people in attendance on both days. I believe they held another open house on Wednesday. Many good and qualified people can easily fall through the cracks during the selection process. We really had one shot in front of the microphone and that was it. Gosh, I was so excited about this job, but since I did not receive a follow-up call, I guess it will not happen. Wondering if we receive a rejection letter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fly12 in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

Those who were not selected are better off. They are a horrible airline with a very bad reputation,deceptive advertising and numerous consumer compliants. Also, there flightattendants are treated horribly according to many employees I have met in the past.

Kelsey in Minneapolis, Minnesota

41 months ago

Did you apply online and get an invitation to the open house? Or do u just show up to the date and time online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sheekab in Las Vegas, Nevada

41 months ago

I received an email and I will be attending the open house in Las Vegas, NV this Sunday. Anyone have any pointers on what to wear? What to say? Does anyone know if they are looking for a specific "type" of Flight Attendant?

Spirit in Hialeah, Florida

38 months ago

Gloworm in Camarillo, California said: Hey fly guy, were you at the interview in Vegas? Gosh, I didn't see anyone pulled over and they did announce to all that we all would hear within a week one way or another. I actually hung around a bit looking around. Do you know some who have been chosen?

Anyone else here know of anyone who was chosen? Good Luck everyone!!

I am one of the instructor in Fort Lauderdale base and if they want you wont take more than a day to get the first call,if you got your second interview you are good. good luck and hope to see you soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Happy student in Seattle, Washington

38 months ago

I can't wait for the next open house I attend the International Air and Hospitality Academy and wasn't able to attend the first one because I didn't reach that point in school yet but now I have. Spirit did a presentation at my school and it was wonderful! I got to meet with them and tell them about me in a group session! If there are any clues of the next open house please let me know! Thank you

Lauren in Pleasureville, Kentucky

38 months ago

Hi all!! I just applied for the LAS base!! Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear something back after submitting an app and resume?? Also, is there one specific location Spirit usually holds their Open House and interviews?? Any advice would be great!! Thanks a ton!! :)

fly like an eagle in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

Don't count on open houses, the way the CEO is running the company,I feel sorry for flight attendants, mechanics, this airline has #1 complaints,its headquarters Florida,every city they fly to are setting up boycotts just heard Chicago,vets, all military service,

mnghighlyfavored in Stockbridge, Georgia

31 months ago

I'm going to Spirit open house on December 8th in DFW. Is anyone else attending this session?

Sandra Green 123 in San Antonio, Texas

31 months ago

mnghighlyfavored in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I'm going to Spirit open house on December 8th in DFW. Is anyone else attending this session?

I will be there it's open session right

kathymo in Arlington, Texas

31 months ago

mnghighlyfavored in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I'm going to Spirit open house on December 8th in DFW. Is anyone else attending this session?

I am going Friday 9am.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Teri in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Do Spirit Flight Attendants get PD during training, how long is the training and what is the base pay when hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kewqueen in Durham, North Carolina

27 months ago

Just found out about Spirit. What are the F/A domiciles? Where and how long is training? What is current pay and per diem? How long sitting reserve before holding a line? Are all open houses in Las Vegas? Is transportation to open house/interview covered flying non-rev., or is it the applicant's responsibility? Any feedback appreciated-Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stinkidog in Temperance, Michigan

27 months ago

kewqueen in Durham, North Carolina said: Just found out about Spirit. What are the F/A domiciles? Where and how long is training? What is current pay and per diem? How long sitting reserve before holding a line? Are all open houses in Las Vegas? Is transportation to open house/interview covered flying non-rev., or is it the applicant's responsibility? Any feedback appreciated-Thanks.

There is another thread for Spirit. Think you'll find all or most of your answers there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

RFA-ORD in San Francisco, California

27 months ago

Do you need an invitation to an OH or do you just apply and attend with the necessary documents that they request you bring??

Ricardo. in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

kathymo in Arlington, Texas said: I am going Friday 9am.

Looking forward for Friday morning open house. Ill be flying from LAX hopefully it's worth the cost of ticket$!! cuz im flying back same day in evening..

Ricardo. in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

Kelsey in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Did you apply online and get an invitation to the open house? Or do u just show up to the date and time online?

I apply online and did get an invitation. but ill be at Open House on Friday morning. hopefully worth the cost of round trip from LAX to LAS.

LeahDoll in Medford, Oregon

27 months ago

FA Hopefull in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hello!!! So i'm attending the Spirit Airlines open house in Las Vegas this weekend and I was wanting to hear from either Current employees or people who have gone through the interview process with Spirit. Whats it like? questions that will be asked? etc.... Thanks soooo much!!!!

I am attending the interview also, My name is Leah Dauley look for me :)

rwillis in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

LeahDoll in Medford, Oregon said: I am attending the interview also, My name is Leah Dauley look for me :)

I will be attending open house in chicago at sheraton on may 15, 2013. 9am or 2pm

rwillis in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

I will be attending open house in Chicago this weekend at 9am or 2pm. Will they interview me that day?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

25 months ago

rwillis in Chicago, Illinois said: I will be attending open house in Chicago this weekend at 9am or 2pm. Will they interview me that day?

When you go to a Spirit OH, they make you stand up and you have a very short time to tell something about yourself. After everyone has had a chance to do that, they pick who they want to go the next phase. You may have to come back the next day. Hope that helps.

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

25 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: When you go to a Spirit OH, they make you stand up and you have a very short time to tell something about yourself. After everyone has had a chance to do that, they pick who they want to go the next phase. You may have to come back the next day. Hope that helps.

*to

Teri in Houston, Texas

25 months ago

Yes, thanks

Joselyne Gregorio in Porirua, New Zealand

22 months ago

Hi there,
Just wondering am I qualified to work in your company as a flight attendant I'm 28 years old single and no children I live in Newzealand also I got National Certificate in tourism level 3 and I am currently study as a National Certificate in Advance Travel Airlines & Tourism National Certificate in Aviation and I be graduating in my course on December 13 2013 I'm hoping to work in your company as a flight attendant because ever since I was young I always have the ambition to travel. Actually I'm a filipina and I still got my citizen in philippines until now.
Hope to hear back from you

Regards
Joselyne

Carolina in Artesia, California

3 months ago

I was invited today to attend the group interview in Orlando, Florida. However, I currently live in California, I really wanted to attend the Los Angeles, CA group interview. Does anyone know if I could switch the interview locations?

SpiritFlyBoy in Dallas, Texas

3 months ago

Carolina in Artesia, California said: I was invited today to attend the group interview in Orlando, Florida. However, I currently live in California, I really wanted to attend the Los Angeles, CA group interview. Does anyone know if I could switch the interview locations?

You should be able to as we are holding interviews in LA on April 28th send them an email asking if you could come to the LA one.

StephenKirk3 in Hawthorne, California

2 months ago

SpiritFlyBoy in Dallas, Texas said: You should be able to as we are holding interviews in LA on April 28th send them an email asking if you could come to the LA one.

Im doing through the same thing they sent me a invite on monday and I didnt see it till after work. around 7 but I wanna attend the interview in LA as well.

Taylor in Brooklyn, New York

2 months ago

I recently applied to Spirit and was just wondering how long it took from the initial time you applied and took the assessment, to when Spirit contacted you back about an interview?

flight2010 in Cumming, Georgia

2 months ago

does anyone know how long it takes Spirit Airlines after you applied?

SkyClubGrl in Torrance, California

16 days ago

@Spiritflyboy. I got an invite to attend SD and LAS but they did send a confirmation back yet .? Is that normal ?

SkyClubGrl in Torrance, California

16 days ago

SpiritFlyBoy in Dallas, Texas said: You should be able to as we are holding interviews in LA on April 28th send them an email asking if you could come to the LA one.

Hey Spiritflyboy! I never received invite confirmation yet. I received an invite form SD .. Sent them a email stating I will be there but no confirmation yet that they received my email ?

Thank you

flyhopeful15 in Birmingham, Alabama

16 days ago

if you can't make it to the event you were invited to, in my case (SD/LAS) does that mean you will no longer be considered for the position? is it possible to get an invite to another event? Just curious to see where i stand.

drob

14 days ago

I have RSVP'd to the Las Vegas event on June23, and now I can't find the email with the flyer of where it's at. Was it at the Tropicana? And was it 8AM? Or if someone who's going to the event in Las Vegas on June 23 could resend it to me at drob228@yahoo.com that would be great.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.