Spirit Airlines...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7101 to 7150 of 9231)
Page:  « First « Previous   140  141  142  143  144  145  146  Next »   Last »

somozamaria in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

coffee tea not me in L.A., California said: Hey DatFLLNKGuy. What just happened here? Everything here was going so well and it made an unexpected turn. I really wanted to share more about training to help those people from ORD make an easy transition when they arrive, and now I'm reluctant to post about my experience, non-security sensitive, because I have to limit myself. I'm still waiting to figure out what it was I posted that required limitations.

Coffee,
Please post more! I like reading your informative posts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA in Chi Town in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Navajo2013 in Tampa, Florida said:
responsible for what I say and this is real, everything in life is up to you!I have goals in life, one of them is trying to make a little more than last year, and be grateful with God for this great opportunity to work for Spirit and let me make this much, there are many ways to make it,I won´t mention details here, but there are many ways to make money with honesty, and still having 10 days off a month.I fly a maximum of 90 hours block time a month,

Ok. Thank you for giving me a spring board to do the calculations!! U work 90 block hours at beginning rate of $18.04 and u make $1625 in block alone (I rounded up for u). Then yr per diem on 90 block is probably 350 for the month (guessing) which is $735 more. And that is probably 2 four day n 2 five day trips throughout the month to have 10 days off. So it adds up to $2360!! In order to make $37000 a year, u need to make a little over $3000 EACH AND EVERY MONTH!!!!! So u r gonna tell me that u make an additional $700 a month selling their MC?? I flew Spirit ALOT the last 3 years n I did not ever see anyone take it.

I can't say it's impossible, but highly unlikely that that happens for a first year FA!! The reason I post this is because you have very young people on here that will think its a given and not a struggle to make that. It's a def struggle!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NK1 in Everywhere

16 months ago

FA in Chi Town in Chicago, Illinois said:

For the record. Per diem is paid on time away from base, not block hours. And our credit is generally higher than block. I know mine is atleast 30 hours more.

Awaiting Wings in Saint Charles, Illinois

16 months ago

thja222 in Louisville, Kentucky said: This is true. It's on SATURDAY!!!

Do you know the details or where I can go to find out?

16 months ago

yay2FA in Las Vegas, Nevada said: This is true, they are preparing for another open house interview in Chicago on May 18, 2013. Keep checking the website for any updates to where in Chicago they will conduct the open house interview.

Thanks. Do you know anything more?

DatFLLNKGuy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

coffee tea not me in L.A., California said: Hey DatFLLNKGuy. What just happened here? Everything here was going so well and it made an unexpected turn. I really wanted to share more about training to help those people from ORD make an easy transition when they arrive, and now I'm reluctant to post about my experience, non-security sensitive, because I have to limit myself. I'm still waiting to figure out what it was I posted that required limitations.

Idk what happened. There are a few ppl on here who post nothing but negative posts and/or try to get ppl to apply to another airline when this is definitely a SPIRIT AIRLINES FLIGHT ATTENDANT thread. So idk. No worries. I've stayed quiet for the most part. Rather not get in the drama.

I will add I have seen the lines for ORD next month and as of right now there is only 5 lines and the rest are reserve lines. So far only 19 ppl have transferred to ORD. I'm going to say maybe the top 12 will get a line...maybe 15 if they add move-up lines. The rest will be hurt since they probably losing out on having a line in the base they already in and will go back on reserve. At least for a month. Like I said ORD will not be a big base and will have few lines. Good luck.

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

16 months ago

DatFLLNKGuy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Idk what happened. There are a few ppl on here who post nothing but negative posts and/or try to get ppl to apply to another airline when this is definitely a SPIRIT AIRLINES FLIGHT ATTENDANT thread. So idk. No worries. I've stayed quiet for the most part. Rather not get in the drama.

I will add I have seen the lines for ORD next month and as of right now there is only 5 lines and the rest are reserve lines. So far only 19 ppl have transferred to ORD. I'm going to say maybe the top 12 will get a line...maybe 15 if they add move-up lines. The rest will be hurt since they probably losing out on having a line in the base they already in and will go back on reserve. At least for a month. Like I said ORD will not be a big base and will have few lines. Good luck.

I agree with the top of your post, I would like to add becareful how you conduct yourself in a forum. You do not know if a recruiter pops in to these.

FLLNkFA in East Lansing, Michigan

16 months ago

I am amazed at the things being said on this forum. If anyone has QUESTIONS related to Spirit in general, interviews, or training, I will be more than happy to answer them. But skip the drama please! I would like to say that I love working for Spirit, we are a great company, and are treated very well as employees.

16 months ago

For the first week of training. Does anyone know if you are tested on all the International and U.S. Airport codes or just the Airport codes that Spirit flies to?

FLLNkFA

16 months ago

somozamaria in Chicago, Illinois said: For the first week of training. Does anyone know if you are tested on all the International and U.S. Airport codes or just the Airport codes that Spirit flies to?

You are only tested on codes to Spirit destinations!

16 months ago

FLLNkFA said: You are only tested on codes to Spirit destinations!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Rodriguezeileen88@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to know how long before you receive your study guide via email I got hired and its been 1 wk and have not received it yet and I am nervous because class start on the 22may.

16 months ago

I will be attending the OH this Saturday in Chicago. A quick query of those who have attended an OH style event for Spirit in the past: How crucial is your HIGH SCHOOL diploma? HS was a long time, as well as many moves ago, for me. If I showed up with my Bachelors or Masters diploma would that be okay or does it have to be High School? Thank you.

FLLNkFA

16 months ago

Awaiting Wings in Saint Charles, Illinois said: I will be attending the OH this Saturday in Chicago. A quick query of those who have attended an OH style event for Spirit in the past: How crucial is your HIGH SCHOOL diploma? HS was a long time, as well as many moves ago, for me. If I showed up with my Bachelors or Masters diploma would that be okay or does it have to be High School? Thank you.

Your college degree is okay!

16 months ago

FLLNkFA said: Your college degree is okay!

Thank you. I figured it would be since I would have had to earn a HS degree or GED in order to obtain myadvanced degrees. I appreciate your assistance.

Texboy123 in Austin, Texas

16 months ago

Was going to try to attend the new open house posted at the company web site. I will be traveling into the city that day and asked my job to have off that 18th till the 20th. If hired, would that give me enough time to do everything they might ask me to do for the hiring prosses that weekend? So happy they have another open house. I missed the last. I hope they dont cancel cause im flying in that friday the 17th to try to make the open house...but it still says TBA? Oh well....good luck everyone

Ruth Chris in San Antonio, Texas

16 months ago

Texboy123 in Austin, Texas said: Was going to try to attend the new open house posted at the company web site. I will be traveling into the city that day and asked my job to have off that 18th till the 20th. If hired, would that give me enough time to do everything they might ask me to do for the hiring prosses that weekend? So happy they have another open house. I missed the last. I hope they dont cancel cause im flying in that friday the 17th to try to make the open house...but it still says TBA? Oh well....good luck everyone

I was @ the last open house in ORD I flew in on the 2nd and attended the 1st session on the 3rd. I booked my hotel until the 6th.. They do not do F2F the same day. If u read a couple pages back ppl have wrote what the sessions r like. Personally I say that every1 that wants to attend stay for at least 5 days if they schedule u for a f2f a certain day take it don't make them work around u. I seen a lot of ppl that flew in for 1 day and were offered the f2f and couldn't make it back on time and then ended up getting cut. I did not end up leaving ORD until the 6th. I also recommend that ppl that r flying in to rent a car because they do not assist ppl in getting to and from the drug testing site. Hope this helps good luck!

16 months ago

Rodriguezeileen88@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois said: Hello everyone,
Just wanted to know how long before you receive your study guide via email I got hired and its been 1 wk and have not received it yet and I am nervous because class start on the 22may.

I'm also in the May 22nd class I've been checking my emails like crazy and even SPAM.. Some1 from Spirit said on here that they send out training packets a week before training starts.. So hopefully Wednesday we get the packet.. I made my flash cards of all their destinations and have been testing myself all week.

angtastic in Columbus, Ohio

16 months ago

Hello everyone! I just appiled online and plan to attend the open house on sat. can anyone tell me what to expect. I read on here to plan on staying more than one day and that you have to go to a drug testing site? I need all the information I can get so I can be prepared ! thanks so much!

FLLNkFA

16 months ago

angtastic in Columbus, Ohio said: Hello everyone! I just appiled online and plan to attend the open house on sat. can anyone tell me what to expect. I read on here to plan on staying more than one day and that you have to go to a drug testing site? I need all the information I can get so I can be prepared ! thanks so much!

Plan to stay 3-4 days depending on the size of the open house/how many they select to continue to 2nd interviews/how many they hire. The first round is a group interview, 2nd is a personal interview. If you are selected, they will do your finger prints there and give you a basic info packet. You will have to go to the drug testing facility. And they do not provide transportation. I'm not sure where it is in relation to where they are doing interviews, but generally there are atleast a few people there with cars, so you should be able to carpool.

skywriter in Morehead City, North Carolina

16 months ago

For those who have recently attended an OH, especially the last one in ORD and were there for 5-6 days, can someone share how to minimize costs associated with an almost week-long stay in Chicago? As much as I would like to be a ORD-based F/A for Spirit, I'm not able to afford a one-way flight, possible 5-6 nights in a hotel, and then another one-way return flight home. In addition, there are expenses incurred for food, and possibly cabs or rental car. I looked at a hostel, but was advised not to pursue this route. Seems the last OH was not airport-adjacent nor did it appear to offer a shuttle.
Any suggestions?

16 months ago

skywriter in Morehead City, North Carolina said: For those who have recently attended an OH, especially the last one in ORD and were there for 5-6 days, can someone share how to minimize costs associated with an almost week-long stay in Chicago? As much as I would like to be a ORD-based F/A for Spirit, I'm not able to afford a one-way flight, possible 5-6 nights in a hotel, and then another one-way return flight home. In addition, there are expenses incurred for food, and possibly cabs or rental car. I looked at a hostel, but was advised not to pursue this route. Seems the last OH was not airport-adjacent nor did it appear to offer a shuttle.
Any suggestions?

I used my hotel points.. I flew 1 way on Spirit and then i non reved to go home about 4 days after the whole process was over.. And rented a car for 3 days it was $60.. I took a taxi to the 1st open house but cost me about $50 in 1 day to drop me off and pick me up.. So I rented the car as soon as I was offered to go back for the F2F. I would wait to book a hotel until they post the location of the open house.. They had the last open house for ORD about 25mins away from the hotel that the Open House was held at. The drug testing facility is also near the airport. Honestly it's something you should really think about since your worried about saving $$ just to attend the open house because during training your not paid until you graduate. The whole interview process your basically on your own when it comes to getting to the open house and I guess it shows the recruiters who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job. Hope this kind of helps you

16 months ago

NEWS FLASH: ORD

There are a total of 15 lines...only 4 (four) hard lines... The other eleven are reserve lines!
Nineteen (19) ppl have transferred to the base...only 12 will get lines. OUCH!

July should be more lines...hopefully.

As I said before, the base will be small.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

skywriter in Morehead City, North Carolina

16 months ago

Thanks, it did help. I had thought I would stay the first night at the hotel where the interview is held if there was an available room, and then go to one where I could use points for the remainder of the stay. Checking out car rentals for the best deal, and figured like you, taxi on day one, I agree with you that Spirit tries to make it a challenge to weed out applicants who aren't serious, committed, and resourceful. Just looking for any ideas I had not thought of--Thanks again!

angtastic

16 months ago

I am attending the OH this weekend if anyone would like to try and room with me that would be great also i will be driving down there so i can help shuttle people around! I am very nervous about this whole thing expectly since i support myself and cant really afford to miss any work.
Also i saw on the web site that you need to bring 2 forms of id and a social card a passport or a recipt I have the id and social but have not had a chance to get a passport yet do they not allow you to interview without one? At the republic and emirates OH i went to they said if you didnt have one it was fine but you had to have one by training is that ok?
I just wanted to thank everyone for answering all my questions its really made me feel welcome and a little less nervous about the interview!

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

angtastic said: I am attending the OH this weekend if anyone would like to try and room with me that would be great also i will be driving down there so i can help shuttle people around! I am very nervous about this whole thing expectly since i support myself and cant really afford to miss any work.
Also i saw on the web site that you need to bring 2 forms of id and a social card a passport or a recipt I have the id and social but have not had a chance to get a passport yet do they not allow you to interview without one? At the republic and emirates OH i went to they said if you didnt have one it was fine but you had to have one by training is that ok?
I just wanted to thank everyone for answering all my questions its really made me feel welcome and a little less nervous about the interview!

You either have to have a receipt for a passport or the actual passport itself. If you don't have it, they will tell you to come back when you have one.

SuperFA in Indianapolis, Indiana

16 months ago

So im going to use the city bus and train for it will be the only way I could get to Chi-town for this open house. I keep checking to see if the TBA is replaced with the real location but so far nothing. Do any of you believe this open house will happen or is it just a way to gauge if any ppl are interested?. I've asked for the days off at work already(4) and hate to be out of this money for travel on train to Chi-town, hotel and food and all...God I hope this is true. If so I hope they change to the real location so I can get all my planning done. Anyone know anything?

angtastic

16 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: You either have to have a receipt for a passport or the actual passport itself. If you don't have it, they will tell you to come back when you have one.

ok thanks so much i will get one before I go !

angtastic

16 months ago

i hope they have one! I will post if i hear anything i thought that mabey they would email to the people who applied online i am not sure

angtastic

16 months ago

WHERE:

Four Points by Sheraton Chicago/O'Hare

10249 W Irving Park Road

Schiller Park, IL 60176

this just updated! good luck to everyone and i cant wait to meet you there!

16 months ago

I saw passed postings where ppl said they did on line app and still showed up for the open house as well. Is this not a good thing to do, just show up for a "OPEN HOUSE" without a invitation from them?

angtastic

16 months ago

I filled out the online app but i think it would be a good idea to do it before just to be proactive

16 months ago

Yes thanks for the update!

16 months ago

yeah I did the app last month around the April 25th...should I do another one to be safe you think?

FLLNkFA

16 months ago

SuperFA in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I saw passed postings where ppl said they did on line app and still showed up for the open house as well. Is this not a good thing to do, just show up for a "OPEN HOUSE" without a invitation from them?

Spirit does not send invitations to Open Houses. You just go! But make sure you have filled out the online application before the Open House.

FLLNkFA

16 months ago

SuperFA in Indianapolis, Indiana said: yeah I did the app last month around the April 25th...should I do another one to be safe you think?

You don't have to do another one. They will have the one you already did.

16 months ago

Thanks FLLNkFA and Angtastic ..ok I'm going full steam ahead now...good luck everyone!

angtastic

16 months ago

Is anyone coming from Columbus oh ?

coffee tea not me in L.A., California

16 months ago

somozamaria in Chicago, Illinois said: Coffee,
Please post more! I like reading your informative posts.

Thanks FA in CHI Town & Somazamaria for both your support. I'll try this one more time. So when you ORD people get here. No need to worry the first week, as far as any exams scheduled the first week, because there are none, They provide you ample time. Our first test is today (2nd week). The first week was a breeze in terms of what you need to complete.

Study your city codes and abbreviations before you get here. That way, you can get your 8 hours of sleep in. This girl I met is ahead by 3 assignments and gets her 10 hours of sleep a night.

For women, make sure your required shoes have no fabric or patent leather. And (to all) your suitcases are completely black with no trim, design. or patterns. You will be required to make those purchases here if they are not applroved.

As for the upcoming ORD open house, what was said, was that they did not have enough people accept the position to justify a class, so they need to recruit more people for it. Can I ask when your training date (ORD) begins?

Las Vegas "may" be holding an Open House in June too.

There are things that I do need to keep private, but know this. Spirit is very fair and accomodating to everyone here. If by chance, you are unable to complete training, due to an unusual/unforseen circumstance, they "may" & "might" allow you to reapply in 6 mos. and give you the opportunity to re-train all over. But this would be upon the discretion of management to decide. I'll leave it at that.

I have this feeling you guys won't be staying at the same hotel we're all staying at now. However, if you do, they offer complimentary transportation on Sundays at 1pm to Oakwood Plaza which I just found out about yesterday. There's a K-Mart, restaurants, Ross that you can do your shopping at. I don't think you guys will need to worry about it though.

Gotta go guys. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cbnrdy

16 months ago

How many in traning for each: ACY, LAS, and ORD?

spillingdrinks in Oak Lawn, Illinois

16 months ago

coffee tea not me in L.A., California said: Thanks FA in CHI Town & Somazamaria for both your support. I'll try this one more time. So when you ORD people get here. No need to worry the first week, as far as any exams scheduled the first week, because there are none, They provide you ample time. Our first test is today (2nd week). The first week was a breeze in terms of what you need to complete.

As for the upcoming ORD open house, what was said, was that they did not have enough people accept the position to justify a class, so they need to recruit more people for it. Can I ask when your training date (ORD) begins?

Gotta go guys. Good Luck.

Hey - thanks for the insight. Tentatively, we were told 5/22 as the training date, with expectation of traveling prior to that based on flight loads to positive space.

For those of us that fp/bg last week, I know I havent heard good/bad yet. They did however say one week prior (puts us at tomorrow) to hear further info? I believe when I asked them prior to leaving, as I was one of the last to get fingerprinted that they had 50+ the next day's worth...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

cbnrdy said: How many in traning for each: ACY, LAS, and ORD?

Heard there is a total of 70 ppl training for ORD LAS and ACY not sure how many for each base though

robertsmith in Charlotte, North Carolina

16 months ago

WOW! Their having another O.H in ORD this weekend. Sounds good! Spirit Airlines is REALLY growing. I have heard so many great things about this Airline.

I wonder after 05/22 when will be the NEXT Training Class.

Ryan in Albuquerque, New Mexico

16 months ago

any way to apply online as im in the southwest and dont know of any open houses out here?

any info appreciated

snakesonaplane in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

robertsmith in Charlotte, North Carolina said: WOW! Their having another O.H in ORD this weekend. Sounds good! Spirit Airlines is REALLY growing. I have heard so many great things about this Airline.

I wonder after 05/22 when will be the NEXT Training Class.

Great things how about this report lastest from FAA www.theonion.com or facebook spirit airlines pick a variety of current topics for this airline

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

Ryan in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: any way to apply online as im in the southwest and dont know of any open houses out here?

any info appreciated

Keep checking their website, they are a growing airline so you never know where they might end up having a OH. They have had OH's in Dallas in the past.

16 months ago

snakesonaplane in Dallas, Texas said: Great things how about this report lastest from FAA www.theonion.com or facebook spirit airlines pick a variety of current topics for this airline

You do know that "The Onion" is a satire website? Do you really think a government agency would release a statement with such language?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Albuquerque, New Mexico

16 months ago

DatFLLNKGuy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: You do know that "The Onion" is a satire website? Do you really think a government agency would release a statement with such language?

brahahahahaha i thot the same thing!!!! lofknL :)

16 months ago

Today is exactly a week before training start and I haven't received a training packet still.. Has anyone for the 5/22 class received anything or heard anything yet? Thanks

bob in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

congrats on being hired! You will receive it be patient..its part of tthe strategy!

Page:  « First « Previous   140  141  142  143  144  145  146  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.