Spirit Airlines...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (901 to 950 of 11050)
Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

SpiritFA in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

77 months ago

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Im returning from furlough, so I haven't been flying with them. From what I been told from my friends, they are flying us a lot so don't worry :)

R u returning in March? I am still on LOA I plan on returning soon as well. Do you know what training we go through before returning? I just recently had a daughter so thats the only hold up for me to return but really am thinking about putting in for March. Just hoping not to be on reserve long its hard with four children but its managemable for such a wonderful career...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida

77 months ago

Maurine in Kansas City, Missouri said: Thanks Shaun. I know the last test is of course the final. What does the next to the last test focus on?

Im sorry, I don't remember lol. I just remember you have to pass it the first try :)

77 months ago

SpiritFA in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: R u returning in March? I am still on LOA I plan on returning soon as well. Do you know what training we go through before returning? I just recently had a daughter so thats the only hold up for me to return but really am thinking about putting in for March. Just hoping not to be on reserve long its hard with four children but its managemable for such a wonderful career...

Nope, my official return date was Jan 1st. I'm just going through a two day recurrent and then back on line after that. I have a schedule and everything already. I don't know how many they plan to hire but I do hope to get off reserve myself soon. Though I'm not holding my breath. Just glad to be back :)

77 months ago

I believe the last two you are unable to retest are the evacuation drills/emergency equipment along with the final which is a written...Good Luck

gi in Naples, Florida

77 months ago

Flyflyfly in Orlando, Florida said: Has anyone recieved a second interview from the Dec 16th open house??

i did the following week for jan 6.cant wait.is anyone else going?

77 months ago

Yes! That's it! Thank you SpiritFA. :) And come back soon, you know we miss you :)

gi in Naples, Florida

77 months ago

Noemi E in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I received a call 1 week exactly after my 1st interview saying they would call me for a second. I was told it would probably be jan 4th too. Still have not herd anything. I have been checking my phone and refreshing my email anxiously since Monday morning :)

YES, I'm not alone!

please let me know too if anyone hears anything.

Happy New Years.

Hey noemi idid.I got my email last week .Sandy was on vacation so someone else called but i was told that it was going to be on the 4th or 5th but mine is on the 6th of jan.My first interview was DEc 16.Please tell me is anyone else going?

77 months ago

I will I miss it alot..I heard that recurrent has gotten harder and stricter have you heard this? Tell me how it goes also when r u doing your two days?

77 months ago

SpiritFA in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: I will I miss it alot..I heard that recurrent has gotten harder and stricter have you heard this? Tell me how it goes also when r u doing your two days?

Its not that bad really, I did a prep class a few days ago with them and its not that more difficult. Honestly I didn't even see a difference. I'm doing it at the Miramar corp. office.

Can't Wait to Fly in Miami Beach, Florida

77 months ago

Hey Guys, I have my 2nd interview on the 6th as well, I will see you there!...good luck to all!

76 months ago

Good luck to you all!! Remember that you got something special or you wouldn't have made it this far. I can't wait to see you all in the sky. It is soooo worth it :)

Maurine in Kansas City, Missouri

76 months ago

SpiritFA in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: I believe the last two you are unable to retest are the evacuation drills/emergency equipment along with the final which is a written...Good Luck

Thanks Spirit FA.

gi in Naples, Florida

76 months ago

I have to be there at 1:00

HPN in Stamford, Connecticut

76 months ago

Can anyone answer the questions I asked previously if you know the answers? Thanks.

noemie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

76 months ago

gi in Naples, Florida said: Hey noemi idid.I got my email last week .Sandy was on vacation so someone else called but i was told that it was going to be on the 4th or 5th but mine is on the 6th of jan.My first interview was DEc 16.Please tell me is anyone else going?

I got my second interview too! 9:30am on the 6th. So excited! :DDD

Hey thanks for all the info Shaun and everyone else. Best of luck to everyone.

falyns in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

I guess everyones second interview is on the 6th...thats crazy! Good luck

76 months ago

HPN in Stamford, Connecticut said: Has everyone that got layed off with Spirit returned from furlough? I'm assuming so, otherwise, they wouldn't be hiring from outside. In reading the posts, I sense that MOST of those with airline experience don't seem to be management's first priority. I guess they want to hire those that are "moldable" first than hire everyone else second. Also, are they leaning towards younger FAs or do they hire anyone? Thanks!

Yes everyone has been offered to come back one way or another. They hire from all walks of life. Not sure what they prefer, experienced or not. Age doesn't ever seem to play a factor.

76 months ago

Noemi E in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I got my second interview too! 9:30am on the 6th. So excited! :DDD

Hey thanks for all the info Shaun and everyone else. Best of luck to everyone.

I shall see you in the skies Noemi E :)

76 months ago

HPN in Stamford, Connecticut said: Has everyone that got layed off with Spirit returned from furlough? I'm assuming so, otherwise, they wouldn't be hiring from outside. In reading the posts, I sense that MOST of those with airline experience don't seem to be management's first priority. I guess they want to hire those that are "moldable" first than hire everyone else second. Also, are they leaning towards younger FAs or do they hire anyone? Thanks!

I was in a class that had previous experienced Flight Attendants and People that didn't have any experience, including myself. Some seemed old enough to be using their 401k and others so young they seem to think a 401k was a shot you order at a bar lol. Like I said, all walks of life. :)

HPN in Stamford, Connecticut

76 months ago

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Yes everyone has been offered to come back one way or another. They hire from all walks of life. Not sure what they prefer, experienced or not. Age doesn't ever seem to play a factor.

Thanks for the reply!

76 months ago

OK folks! I passed my recurrent and I'm back in the sky. I shall see you all there soon :)

76 months ago

Congrats!!! so how was recurrent what do we need to do for recurrent? is it a one day or two day class? Did you get to bid for the month? Hope to see you soon on a fligght

76 months ago

SpiritFA in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: Congrats!!! so how was recurrent what do we need to do for recurrent? is it a one day or two day class? Did you get to bid for the month? Hope to see you soon on a fligght

Its really a piece of cake. It was two days for me but if you been gone for two or more years youl have to do a nine day re-qualifier course. No I didn't get to bid for the month but I got a good schedule. I will deff. seen you in the sky my dear :)

76 months ago

Oh ok..It will be two years for me in August I was the second to last class to graduate before the furlough took place I believe you may of been the class right after mine. We graduated then like three days later the next class graduated. SO how soon until your back in the sky?

Zulieka in Washington, District of Columbia

76 months ago

Does anyone know if Susanne is still the head flight attendant at Spirit. I met her years ago on a business trip, she was so helpful.

76 months ago

SpiritFA in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: Oh ok..It will be two years for me in August I was the second to last class to graduate before the furlough took place I believe you may of been the class right after mine. We graduated then like three days later the next class graduated. SO how soon until your back in the sky?

I'm back now. Got my schedule and everything. they gave me 4 days off before my first day back. And yeah I was after you. Tim was in my recurrent class and he was in your initial training.

76 months ago

Zulieka in Washington, District of Columbia said: Does anyone know if Susanne is still the head flight attendant at Spirit. I met her years ago on a business trip, she was so helpful.

No, were in the process of voting for new union officers.

76 months ago

Ya I talked with Tim today he sai he was back online again...

76 months ago

Any news about the people who had their second interview today? Or was that tomorrow?

flygal in West Hollywood, California

76 months ago

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida said: OK folks! I passed my recurrent and I'm back in the sky. I shall see you all there soon :)

Congratulations!!! Way to go Shaun!!!! See you soon!!!!

76 months ago

Flygirl and Flyboi, have you heard anything? I see the FA position has been removed from the list of jobs they are currently hiring for however when I did a job search and put in FA, it came up as if you could still apply for it.

When you two put in your resume, did you just fill out one "general information" page and attach your resume or did you do a profile first?

I'm getting discouraged.

76 months ago

Those of you who interviewed on the 6th, I have my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it went and if any of you heard anything about another OH session, please let us know.

Happy flying to all going back after being furloughed!

flygirl in Huntersville, North Carolina

76 months ago

Maurine
when I applied online it was fill out basic info & attach a resume & submit.
I think that basic page is supposed to be your profile but I havnt heard anything from them since the second time that I applied
I tried to call the 800 line on the webiste for reservations but that only took me to a call center in India for reservations & that they would only be able to give me the address NO PHONE NUMBER for the headquarters in Miramar FL
I submitted my info sometime in Dec as well

flyboi098 in Fort Myers, Florida

76 months ago

Maurine in Kansas City, Missouri said: Flygirl and Flyboi, have you heard anything? I see the FA position has been removed from the list of jobs they are currently hiring for however when I did a job search and put in FA, it came up as if you could still apply for it.

When you two put in your resume, did you just fill out one "general information" page and attach your resume or did you do a profile first?

I'm getting discouraged.

I filled out the personal info and attached a resume. I have it from an inside source that they will be hiring again in the spring but he did not know exactly when....DON'T get discouraged! It took me a bit of time to get hired the first time around(I'm a former f/a of 16 years) but it came around right when it was supposed to...you'll get it!!

76 months ago

They are still hiring guys. keep you heads up and be ready!!!

76 months ago

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida said: They are still hiring guys. keep you heads up and be ready!!!

Hey Shaun,

I would like your honest opinion regarding something. There are some people I've talked to that are trying to discourage me from working for Spirit because they say the've heard from Spirit FAs that they are very unhappy with working conditions, pay, having to pay for luggage, uniforms, etc...overall...that Spirit is not a good employer and that they may not even be around much longer...I was also told that you don't have good layovers, that everything is turns out of FLL...blah, blah...

I know what my perception is and everything I've seen from Spirit tells me a different story, but I'd like to hear from someone who is already working for Spirit. I know all companies have their +'s and -'s...but I got a little concerned when I heard all that bad feedback...not to mention the really bad customer service issues everyone talks about...can you give me some honest feedback just for my own peace of mind? thank you very much!!! I am excited about NK but I also want to go into it with a realistic picture of what's going to be like....all pros and cons are welcomed!! thanks :)

Cherenis Rodriguez in Bronx, New York

76 months ago

how long is hiring process

76 months ago

I have no idea who's saying the negative stuff but my opinion is very different. Yes they are right with buying your own uniform and luggage, but who told them to go out and buy Gucci? The company has a bad rap sheet because they're cheap. But I'm sure we all have been through this kind of thing. After all this is a unemployment forum so we all have been trying to stretch our money a little more. Same with Spirit. We get a bad rap because NOTHING is free for the passengers. They complain but you know what, they come back every time because you can't find better deals. Others have learned to fly with us, bringing there own snack and drink. Those are the ones that also pack in one carry-on bag, so no bag charge for them. Those are the people that understand what Spirit is trying to offer. A cheap fair with options to buy the extras. I have no complaint for the layovers. I'm glad to see we are doing a nice day layover in San Juan. Lima is nice too. How is the company doing? We just ordered a new type of aircraft and we have air jamaica. We will do just Fine. My opinion for Spirit: I LOVE EVERY DAY OF IT!!! Go for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Latinguy in San Juan, Puerto Rico

76 months ago

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have no idea who's saying the negative stuff but my opinion is very different. Yes they are right with buying your own uniform and luggage, but who told them to go out and buy Gucci? The company has a bad rap sheet because they're cheap. But I'm sure we all have been through this kind of thing. After all this is a unemployment forum so we all have been trying to stretch our money a little more. Same with Spirit. We get a bad rap because NOTHING is free for the passengers. They complain but you know what, they come back every time because you can't find better deals. Others have learned to fly with us, bringing there own snack and drink. Those are the ones that also pack in one carry-on bag, so no bag charge for them. Those are the people that understand what Spirit is trying to offer. A cheap fair with options to buy the extras. I have no complaint for the layovers. I'm glad to see we are doing a nice day layover in San Juan. Lima is nice too. How is the company doing? We just ordered a new type of aircraft and we have air jamaica. We will do just Fine. My opinion for Spirit: I LOVE EVERY DAY OF IT!!! Go for it!

Nice post!

E

Latinguy in San Juan, Puerto Rico

76 months ago

Can't Wait to Fly in Miami Beach, Florida said: Hey Shaun,

I would like your honest opinion regarding something. There are some people I've talked to that are trying to discourage me from working for Spirit because they say the've heard from Spirit FAs that they are very unhappy with working conditions, pay, having to pay for luggage, uniforms, etc...overall...that Spirit is not a good employer and that they may not even be around much longer...I was also told that you don't have good layovers, that everything is turns out of FLL...blah, blah...

I know what my perception is and everything I've seen from Spirit tells me a different story, but I'd like to hear from someone who is already working for Spirit. I know all companies have their +'s and -'s...but I got a little concerned when I heard all that bad feedback...not to mention the really bad customer service issues everyone talks about...can you give me some honest feedback just for my own peace of mind? thank you very much!!! I am excited about NK but I also want to go into it with a realistic picture of what's going to be like....all pros and cons are welcomed!! thanks :)

Can't wait to fly in Miami..........

Just recently flew on NK from MCO to SJU. It was my first experience and I must say that it was a good one. The crew was awesome. Don't believe everything you hear. Also, my apologies for intruding.

E

76 months ago

Shaun and Latin Guy,

Thank you very much for the responses. Personally from what I've seen, I think NK is doing things in a smart way, and I see a bright future for them...of course they are in the ULCC business, so watching every penny is part of the business model...I am totally OK with that, as long as they are good to their employees...what I am looking for is to have fun at the job, have a good employer, fly international, and be based in So Florida with no commuting, and based on that, I think NK is giving me exactly what I'm looking for...thanks again for the reinforcement...greatly appreciated!

76 months ago

Latinguy in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Can't wait to fly in Miami..........

Just recently flew on NK from MCO to SJU. It was my first experience and I must say that it was a good one. The crew was awesome. Don't believe everything you hear. Also, my apologies for intruding.

E

Not at all my friend, why don't you come work for Spirit? We can always use more Latinguys in my opinion. ;) lol. Anytime Can't Wait to Fly. I'm looking forward to seeing you with us soon. :) And I have worked for other airlines. Spirit treats their Flight Attendants great. Again this is my opinion and depends on your point of view. :) I have no complaints.

76 months ago

Hey I am one of the people that interviewed on the 6th...and I got hired!!! Cant wait to get training done and start flying again. See you guys soon :)

76 months ago

Flygirl, Flyboi and Shaun thanks so much for responding and for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Hope to fly with you all some day.

flyboi098 in Fort Myers, Florida

76 months ago

FALyns in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey I am one of the people that interviewed on the 6th...and I got hired!!! Cant wait to get training done and start flying again. See you guys soon :)

6th of December or January?

76 months ago

FALyns in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey I am one of the people that interviewed on the 6th...and I got hired!!! Cant wait to get training done and start flying again. See you guys soon :)

YYAAAAAHHHHH! When is you class date?

vlogan2805@*****.*** in Columbia, South Carolina

76 months ago

Well, did you get the J O B!!!!!!! or are they dragging you?

76 months ago

Well no one has the job until they pass training. But now FALyns has been given the training date so the rest is all up to her/him to get the job. I can't wait to see you ALL :)

Javier in Guatemala City, Guatemala

76 months ago

recently i fligth from Miami to Las vegas, I Knew a handsome filigth attendant name Adolfo, I think, it was my best fligth due to him. If you Know him please tell him that I love him.

76 months ago

Shaun in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Well no one has the job until they pass training. But now FALyns has been given the training date so the rest is all up to her/him to get the job. I can't wait to see you ALL :)

you are absolutely right, you dont have the job until you complete training. This is my second time going through inflight training, I worked for Southwest for 3 years. All I can say is if you want it bad enough and you put forth the effort you can make it through the training. Study hard, pay attention, and be the person they hired in your interview. You gotta pay to play, but its worth it. Not easy but worth it :)

Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.