Spirit Airlines...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 9704)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

LaTisha Marrero-Stone in Vega Alta, Puerto Rico

84 months ago

Hello Ada, Guess what??? I got the job. Yehhh. I will go to training 2/28. Wish me luck. Hope the call you soon. LaTisha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ada in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Hi LaTisha:

All Right. Congratulations.
Wish you the best. Hopefully we will fly a segment together someday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hi Ada, Thank You. I really hope we do. I will keep you posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha Guevara in Pompano Beach, Florida

84 months ago

Hey Guys! I have been trying to get a job with spirit for the past 3 years. Everytime i try, something happens. It's crazy. One time I was offered the job but i couldn't get them my license info in time. I went to an open house for the FA position last month but they had the doors closed real early. Does anyone know at all if spirit will be having another open house in the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area anytime soon? Thanks a bunch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

malti in HHI, South Carolina

84 months ago

Natasha Guevara in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hey Guys! I have been trying to get a job with spirit for the past 3 years. Everytime i try, something happens. It's crazy. One time I was offered the job but i couldn't get them my license info in time. I went to an open house for the FA position last month but they had the doors closed real early. Does anyone know at all if spirit will be having another open house in the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area anytime soon? Thanks a bunch!

Natasha.. are you jumping ship!!!!
????

frenchtwisted in Inkster, Michigan

84 months ago

I know that some people have applied on-line and gotten hired They will be in Detroit on March 21. Call toll free employment hot line 1-888-431-7919. Hope this helps

Cerllyne in Vancouver, Washington

84 months ago

Hi Thelma my name is Cerlyne I apply with spirit Airlines a month ago in I never receive an invitation from them what can I do can you help.Thank you

Cerllyne in Vancouver, Washington

84 months ago

I need your help thelma because i apply with Spirit Airlines a month ago in I never receive a later from them what can I do.

Jennifer

84 months ago

Natasha Guevara in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hey Guys! I have been trying to get a job with spirit for the past 3 years. Everytime i try, something happens. It's crazy. One time I was offered the job but i couldn't get them my license info in time. I went to an open house for the FA position last month but they had the doors closed real early. Does anyone know at all if spirit will be having another open house in the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area anytime soon? Thanks a bunch!

Hi, You need to fill out the online application, then they contact you to attend a ftf session. They are hiring like crazy now but they have mostly turns; very, very few overnights if any are left at all. So, if you're looking for overnights, this wouldn't be the airline. Spirit's training is in Miramar and if you live within 50 miles, you commute from home for training.

Also, Allegiant is FLL based, pays more, but is also turns only. But the upside is you're home every night ... if you like that. Their training is 4 1/2 weeks in Las Vegas.

There is also Gulfstream International, they are accepting FA applications now too and FLL is their headquarters.

American will be hiring soon, they have a Miami base.

Good LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Thelma in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

84 months ago

Hi Thanks,
I went to the interview, some where hired on the spot and some where told "we'll here from them in 7 to 10 days". I was told the 7 to 10 day story. So I guess I'll wait, but I don't think I'll be called due to some of the story's I have been reading. You never hear from spirit again I'm reading they don't even return phone calls at all. But how can you help me.
Again thanks for your e-mail to me.

Thelma

84 months ago

What do you mean by "jumping ship"? lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Thanks so much French. I have tried the number but it keeps giving a busy signal. Is this normal?

84 months ago

Thanks very much for that information Jennifer. That was very thoughtful and I appreciate it very much. One question I need to ask though... What do you mean by "mostly turns"? Thanks again!

Jason in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

84 months ago

Just to correct some information that has been posted.

There will be NO interviews for DTW period. The DTW F/A base is being downsized by 50% and a lot of senior F/As are being displaced.

It is about a 50/50 mix of turns and layovers. Trips are from 1-4 days in length.

Yes Allegiant has a base in FLL. Allegiant's pay is no where near Spirit's. Hiring will continue through August

84 months ago

Natasha,

turns are out and back trips, or day trips. But like I said above its about a 50/50 mix of turns and overnights. The SJU, LGA, and ACY bases will be almost all turns, FLL is not

JanetPlanet in Las Vegas, Nevada

84 months ago

Jason, Allegiant pays $20 per hour to start, what does Spirit pay?

Jennifer

84 months ago

Hi Natasha, You are very welcome!! As Jason stated, turns are out and backs, fly out and return home the same day, no overnights. Turns are great if you want to be home every night.

FLL is not presently 100% turns but according to a friend of my father's who is "in the know" with Spirit, that is what they would like. It will probably never be 100% turns but as a new hire, the seniors will have their choice and you will be left with whatever and the whatever may be all turns.

BTW, I heard Allegiant not only pays per hour but you also get 15% commission on everything sold. Maybe someone else has more info on this?

84 months ago

Hi, My name is LaTisha I just go the job with spirit and I am go to training 2/28 for SJU base. They strarting pay is $18.04.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

The introductory rate is $18.04 and after six months, $21.04, per credit hour

84 months ago

Hi Thelma, Good to see you on here, Hope all is well. Once again Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, LaTisha

84 months ago

[QUOTE

BTW, I heard Allegiant not only pays per hour but you also get 15% commission on everything sold. Maybe someone else has more info on this?

Their pay must have gone up recently then. it used to be MUCH MUCH lower. I know a couple of F/As who used to work their.

84 months ago

Your welcome!

Jules in Spanish Town, Jamaica

84 months ago

how can I apply on the website.

84 months ago

Hello, Hope you all are doing well. As for me I will be going to Florida on Wen. for training. For the person asking about the web-site just go to www.spiritairlines.com I will keep everyone updated. Have A Great Day. LaTisha

Ada in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Congratulations.

Wish you the best.

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida

84 months ago

Hi there I was just emailed for a interveiw with Spirit can anyone tell me their interview process? and what I can do to prepare myself? Also what does spirit pay their FA and do we get to be home at night?

84 months ago

hi there I have an interview next week with Spirit I am a single mom and am looking forward to their airlines because their based about 60 minutes from my home so it is managable to complete their training. Do you know their interview process? and can you be home almost everynight with Spirit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Timika in Inkster, Michigan said: I went to open house after you pass you get a 1300ck & new uniform

Can you tell me how Spirits open house was?

84 months ago

Hi there I have an interview with Spirit coming up for a FA I am so excited about do you have anything you can share with me about what to bring with me? and about how much are you away from home? do hey do in and outs? what is airlines like?

83 months ago

Can you tell me what to expect at the interview? and also are they overnight or in and out flights?

barbra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

can anyone tell me how does the interview on spirit goes,i have an interview on thursday ,you can email me at bshell@browardhealth.org thanks need help

83 months ago

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida said: hi there I have an interview next week with Spirit I am a single mom and am looking forward to their airlines because their based about 60 minutes from my home so it is managable to complete their training. Do you know their interview process? and can you be home almost everynight with Spirit?

Hey Lanelle, Jennifer & others who I haven't spoken to in a while. It's been a couple of weeks since I have been on this forum. This time I am writing with some good news. Last time I was very down and out because I had yet another failed attempt to interview with spirit 2 months ago. I've been trying to work with spirit now for 3 years and I am a very persistant person. Well, I was emailed again last week for an interview for later on this week and I am very excited. I have had my share of interview invites from spirit so this is nothing new other than another opportunity. For those who have never attended an interview with Spirit, after a group info. session, expect to wait in a room with all the other applicants for a while to face your one on one interview then, if you get offered a position, expect to be there even longer. Prob about 5 or 6 hours. But do arrive early because they are not kidding about closing the doors on time and of course stay positive. To all of those who were offered interviews i wish you the best of luck and i hope to see all of you in the future.

83 months ago

Timika in Inkster, Michigan said: Here is the #1-888-431-7919 FA hotline, Interview Info # 1-866-285-1005 I've haven't heard much until I found this site.
My 1st interview was with 2people the 2nd was 3 people. When they say all day I was there from 10am-7pm that day. I learned alot about the company and I'm getting myself together to come back better. Now I know what they wantand at the time I wasn't really ready.

Tamika, I read your comments after i posted mines and I have a question for you. You say that you "Now I know what they wanted at the time..." What exactly was it that they wanted at the time and how do you plan on improving for your next interview?

83 months ago

Thanks, so 3 years thats a long time what should I prepare for? What kind of questions do they ask of you? and also do you do in and outs or are you gone days at a time? are you going to be there on thursday? I cant wait to see what happens I am just hoping for the best I really really want the job I am a mother to three and this is my dream...

83 months ago

Tamika I am interviewing on Thursday as well can u tell me what Spirit is looking for in a person and how their interview goes? ALso what are there flight hours and days? I need all info I can get...Please Help see you all Thursday

83 months ago

Yes, 3 years is a very long time but I am persistant. This is my first time applying for the flight attendant position actually. All of the other times, I applied for customer service only. I have always wanted to be a flight attendant and I went to college for travel & tourism but I was way too heavy back then. I lost a ton of weight, waited for my son to get a little older and now I am ready. In jan. I got a 3rd offer for an interview but by the time i got there, the doors were closed. I only know about the interview process for customer service agents and not for flight attending so your guess is as good as mines. I do know that a ton of people will be there wanting to get hired for the same position as you. You all will be brought into a room and told about the company and their ethics and the job description and then after that they will have everyone go into another room where you each will be called one by one for a face to face interview. They may extend an offer to you on the spot like they do for customer service. I won't be there on thurs. but i'll be there on friday of this week. Make sure you arrive early & I'm here to answer any more questions if you need being as I have been to Spirit's headquarters 3 times now. lol

83 months ago

Thank you Natasha, so there also doing interviews on Friday? I was told to come on Thursday.So how managable do you think it is to be a flight attendent with Spirit having children? Do you think we would be away from home alot of the time? I heard Spirit does in and out flights mainly is that correct you think? and do you know what the benefits in Spirit airlines are?

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

This is for Lanelle. I used to work as a flight attendant for Spirit about five years ago. I hear now that about half the trips are turns and half are multiday trips so with just a little seniority you should be able to bid for the turns and be home every night. The benefits are the same at Spirit as most other airlines...health insurance...reciprocal flight benefits with other carriers...lots of days off for flight attendants. I liked working there. I'm going back to work there (hopefully). I have an interview this Friday also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Natasha Guevara in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Tamika, I read your comments after i posted mines and I have a question for you. You say that you "Now I know what they wanted at the time..." What exactly was it that they wanted at the time and how do you plan on improving for your next interview?

I was realy nervous and I let that get the best of me. I no not to do that again. Bre was the head FA and Josue is a FA trainer my 1st interview was with them then is was with Bre, Patrick and Donna. you'll no it's going good if your their for a long time. like 10am-7pm.

s in Pompano Beach, Florida

83 months ago

frenchtwisted in Inkster, Michigan said: I was realy nervous and I let that get the best of me. I no not to do that again. Bre was the head FA and Josue is a FA trainer my 1st interview was with them then is was with Bre, Patrick and Donna. you'll no it's going good if your their for a long time. like 10am-7pm.

did u get get the job.

83 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: This is for Lanelle. I used to work as a flight attendant for Spirit about five years ago. I hear now that about half the trips are turns and half are multiday trips so with just a little seniority you should be able to bid for the turns and be home every night. The benefits are the same at Spirit as most other airlines...health insurance...reciprocal flight benefits with other carriers...lots of days off for flight attendants. I liked working there. I'm going back to work there (hopefully). I have an interview this Friday also.

Why did You leave?

83 months ago

s in Pompano Beach, Florida said: did u get get the job.

No I wish. But I'm gonna try again. If they come back to DTW

83 months ago

I had to move to California. I worked there with my wife and we flew together every month. It was great. We just moved back and we're both going on Friday for the interview.

83 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I had to move to California. I worked there with my wife and we flew together every month. It was great. We just moved back and we're both going on Friday for the interview.

oh do you still have contacts there? any info to share what to do and not do.

83 months ago

Not really. The hiring team is unknown to me. I still have flight attendant friends but they know nothing about the hiring. I do know that you need to be spunky, smiley, and very upbeat if you want to get hired. All the airlines are like that.

83 months ago

Is there anything we should prepare ourselfs for or certain questions they may ask? My interview is tomorrow with them. I have have never worked the airlines I have been in the medical field since I was 16 and I am 27 now, right now my present job is a substitute teacher but being a FA is all I have wanted to do but never could leave home for weeks at a time for training, so Spirit is perfect foe my situation and I hear they are a nice airlines to fly with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Is there anything we should prepare ourselfs for or certain questions they may ask? My interview is tomorrow with them. I have have never worked the airlines I have been in the medical field since I was 16 and I am 27 now, right now my present job is a substitute teacher but being a FA is all I have wanted to do but never could leave home for weeks at a time for training, so Spirit is perfect foe my situation and I hear they are a nice airlines to fly with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

When I got hired about 7 years ago, it was so different. They advertised the open house in the newspaper and about a room full of people showed up. They asked each person a different question in front of the room and they hired based upon how you answered the question. Of course, they were really looking at your appearance and your attitude. I would say your age is a plus and your stability in the health field is a plus also. Just be relaxed and most of all have fun. They might ask questions like, "What do you think the hardest thing a flight attendant has to do is?" Stuff like that. Flight Attendants are there mostly for safety reasons and secondly for customer service. Keep that in mind when you answer questions. I would think with your background you would be hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Many flight attendants have children. That won't even be an issue. But you do have to be on reserve to start so you will get called for 5 day trips every now and then. After a while you can start to bid a line (your monthly schedule) and try to be home every night. Most flight attendants want to travel and don't want to do turns. You'll work about 75 to 80 flight hours a month plus boarding time and reporting to work early and time between flights so it's quite a bit more than 80 hours. But you'll get at least 12 to 16 days off a month and after you get some seniority you can pick the days off you want. Spirit does only take credit cards but most airlines are doing that these days and soon they'll all do it. The airlines are nickel and diming the customers because there's not alot of profit anymore. But overall, it's a great airline. I liked it that's why I'm going backt to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malti in HHI, South Carolina

83 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Many flight attendants have children. That won't even be an issue. But you do have to be on reserve to start so you will get called for 5 day trips every now and then. After a while you can start to bid a line (your monthly schedule) and try to be home every night. Most flight attendants want to travel and don't want to do turns. You'll work about 75 to 80 flight hours a month plus boarding time and reporting to work early and time between flights so it's quite a bit more than 80 hours. But you'll get at least 12 to 16 days off a month and after you get some seniority you can pick the days off you want. Spirit does only take credit cards but most airlines are doing that these days and soon they'll all do it. The airlines are nickel and diming the customers because there's not alot of profit anymore. But overall, it's a great airline. I liked it that's why I'm going backt to work there.

It's nice to see when previous employees go back to work for the same company!
Does Spirit have an FA base in Atlantic City?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.