Spirit Airlines...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 10301)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida

89 months ago

wow thats great!!!
I am hoping to make it through tomorrow !!! What is the starting pay for a FA? and how soon after you are hired does training start? I live in Jupiter so it is going to be a drive to ft lauderdale but well worth it...How often is a FA paid? I thank you all for all your support and help and wish us all the best of luck and hope to be flying with you all soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

89 months ago

Atlantic City does have a base but it's down to only a few flight attendants and it's all turns. Detroit is downsizing bigtime too. Flight attendants there are being told to move to Fort Lauderdale or quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

s in Pompano Beach, Florida

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Atlantic City does have a base but it's down to only a few flight attendants and it's all turns. Detroit is downsizing bigtime too. Flight attendants there are being told to move to Fort Lauderdale or quit.

do you know when the next FA class start?

89 months ago

I think it will start very soon like next week or the week after. The last Spanish speaking class from Puerto Rico started late February. After these interviews, they are quick to start a class.

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I think it will start very soon like next week or the week after. The last Spanish speaking class from Puerto Rico started late February. After these interviews, they are quick to start a class.

I am curious to know how many they are hiring for the next class and how many days they are doing interviews is it just march 13 and 14 for the up coming class or they have been doing interviews in other cities too. Does anybody know.

89 months ago

I GOT HIRED TODAY!!!! I AM ON MY WAY TO WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED>...My class is starting on March 31st in FLL thanks to all you for your support and I wish you all luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida said: I GOT HIRED TODAY!!!! I AM ON MY WAY TO WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED>...My class is starting on March 31st in FLL thanks to all you for your support and I wish you all luck

were you there for a long time? what Ques did they ask you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Natasha Guevara in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

89 months ago

Oh I c. Well I can see how that could be a little bit of an issue because the main thing to being a fa is customer service. But now that you know ehat to do the next time, you should be golden for your next interview. Knowledge is power. I am excited for you and I hope the opportunity for you to interview again comes at the perfect time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida said: I GOT HIRED TODAY!!!! I AM ON MY WAY TO WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED>...My class is starting on March 31st in FLL thanks to all you for your support and I wish you all luck

LANELLE - I hope that you remember me from the other forum - I was telling you what an awesome opportunity Spirit would be, and someone just told me over there that you got hired. I just wanted to hop over here for a minute and congratulate you. I'm so happy for you I've got goose bumps - really!!! Congrats on an awesome career - you deserve it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I don't know of any specific questions but you prob. have interviewed with them already since you last posted this comment. I am soo anxious to find out how it went for you today! Let me know a.s.a.p. Donnakny24@aol.com

89 months ago

Lanelle, we are so alike it is too funny. In the past year, I have held so many jobs term. Mainly because if I am not satisfied with what I am doing, I leave. I have a 16 month old son so I really want to make sure that I can perdue my career in the airline field all while still being able to take care of my family. But with me, I have put this on hold for so long that I feel that enough is enough now. I am getting older and my passion is not going away. I really hope that you get the job with spirit and I look foward to meeting you in a training class or up in the air.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia said: LANELLE - I hope that you remember me from the other forum - I was telling you what an awesome opportunity Spirit would be, and someone just told me over there that you got hired. I just wanted to hop over here for a minute and congratulate you. I'm so happy for you I've got goose bumps - really!!! Congrats on an awesome career - you deserve it!!

What is the other forum address?

89 months ago

OMG OMG OMG Congrats! I am so slow! I posted those comments and didn't even read that you got hired. I am so stinking happy. Please pray for me. My interview is tomm. morning. I have been trying to get this for the past 4 years so I am so anxious. Wish me luck everyone! Love Ya! Lanelle, email me when you can girl and don't leave the forum hanging! Keep everyone posted because they have helped out a lot.

barbara in West Palm Beach, Florida

89 months ago

I was in the interview,i think it went great,but they told me they were calling me on thursday,is this the way they are doing it

89 months ago

frenchtwisted in Inkster, Michigan said: No I wish. But I'm gonna try again. If they come back to DTW

Don't give up! Keep trying! If anyone in here knows that well, it's me. You've got a great forum here to support you no matter what. Keep us posted. Please wish me luck on my interview tommorow also!

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Many flight attendants have children. That won't even be an issue. But you do have to be on reserve to start so you will get called for 5 day trips every now and then. After a while you can start to bid a line (your monthly schedule) and try to be home every night. Most flight attendants want to travel and don't want to do turns. You'll work about 75 to 80 flight hours a month plus boarding time and reporting to work early and time between flights so it's quite a bit more than 80 hours. But you'll get at least 12 to 16 days off a month and after you get some seniority you can pick the days off you want. Spirit does only take credit cards but most airlines are doing that these days and soon they'll all do it. The airlines are nickel and diming the customers because there's not alot of profit anymore. But overall, it's a great airline. I liked it that's why I'm going backt to work there.

Oh and brian, thanks for all of your help. Even though I have been persuing my dream for a while now, I still learn something about FA everyday and you have given me more confidence for my interview tomm. with your thoughtful advice. I appreciate it deerly and I'm sure everyone else does too. Please wish me luck tommorow on my interview with Spirit. Thanks again!

89 months ago

R in Palm City, Florida said: I put in my application today at 10:30 am and recieved an interview letter at 2:30 this afternoon for Fri. Mar. 14 @9:30 am
in Miramar FL.

Oooh, I will be there tomm. also for the interviews. I look foward to seeing you there and I really hope that you get the job. Good Luck!

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

s in Pompano Beach, Florida said: What is the other forum address?

s - We met on the Delta Been There Done That forum, but most of my time is spent on the Republic, Chautauqua forum these days. And by the way, good luck to you on your interview!!!

89 months ago

Sorry guys I was eatting dinner. It was actually way more easier then I thought. I was so scared and it was a breeze!!! You go in they do a introduction of the airlines, benefits, and flight hours then you go to a conference room and wait for your one on one interview to take place the way you sign in is the way they call you. I went in and I was the 3rd one called I was so scared they handed me a script and said when ready stand up and say it so I did that my voice was shaking then I sat down and she asked me some questions just a few like when is a time you went over and above for a customer?
if you were on a flight with two best friends and they were chatting and the cabin needed al your help what would you do?
what makes you different then the rest of the applicants?
why do you choose Spirit?
Can you be flexible? Can you report on time? they then said great I would like to offer you employment and they brought me a packet I then have to report back there on Monday for fingerprints and drug test and that was it I was out of there by 11 am I wish you all luck dont stress I promise you its not bad and we will all be flying together!!!
Remember SAFTY comes first.....then the customer service

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

you were in the interview today? I was as well where did you sit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

RJ in Hlanta, Georgia said: LANELLE - I hope that you remember me from the other forum - I was telling you what an awesome opportunity Spirit would be, and someone just told me over there that you got hired. I just wanted to hop over here for a minute and congratulate you. I'm so happy for you I've got goose bumps - really!!! Congrats on an awesome career - you deserve it!!

How did you find out I got hired? I am so excited all the stress is over and long gone on my way to training now got airport codes to start memorizing

89 months ago

Great job Lanelle. I had a feeling you'd be hired. I could just tell. Natasha, I'll see you tomorrow. I can tell with your attitude that you're going to get hired too. I used to work for United and I got hired because of my fun attitude. United was extremely picky and I had a bad experience with them because of all the problems they were having with customer service and the airline in general. But the interview process is the same. Happy, fun people is what they're looking for. I'll be here tonight if you have any questions I can help you with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Great job Lanelle. I had a feeling you'd be hired. I could just tell. Natasha, I'll see you tomorrow. I can tell with your attitude that you're going to get hired too. I used to work for United and I got hired because of my fun attitude. United was extremely picky and I had a bad experience with them because of all the problems they were having with customer service and the airline in general. But the interview process is the same. Happy, fun people is what they're looking for. I'll be here tonight if you have any questions I can help you with.

YES SPIRIT WANTS PEOPLE WHO SMILE SMILE SMILE and have a good time they say show us your fun self!!!!

barbara in West Palm Beach, Florida

89 months ago

Lanelle,i was there i was the first one to get interview,do you know if they told me they are calling me thursday means i can still have the chance

89 months ago

barbara in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Lanelle,i was there i was the first one to get interview,do you know if they told me they are calling me thursday means i can still have the chance

I am not sure what to tell you, I was the fourth one called back so I would of been in the same room interviweing with you I had the grey suit, long brown hair I sat over by the window. My recruiter told me on the spot and gave me a packet to take home. I would not get discouraged if they told you they would call you back they most likely will but I do not know how the airlines work.

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida said: How did you find out I got hired? I am so excited all the stress is over and long gone on my way to training now got airport codes to start memorizing

Because when people are nice on the forums, word gets around. :)

89 months ago

RJ in Atlanta, Georgia said: Because when people are nice on the forums, word gets around. :)

Hey guys Let me know how your interviews go today I am curious and wish you all the best of luck, and can not wait to see you all in training!!!!

89 months ago

Yeah I want to know how the interviews went and how many of you got
hired.

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Me and my wife got hired back. We're scheduled to start training on April 3rd but may start March 31st. Just like lanelle said, an initial briefing on the company benefits, policies, etc., then one on one interviews with basic questions. Nothing hard at all. Although ours was probably easier because we used to work there and they knew who we were.

congratulations!!!!!

I KNEW THAT YOU WOULD GET HIRED SO I WILL SEE YOU AND YOUR WIFE AT TRAINING IF YOU START ON MARCH 31ST...I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS A TRAINING ON APRIL 3RD....

I AM WAITING TO SEE IF NATASHA MADE IT THROUGH AS WELL

89 months ago

I saw her get called in for the interview but I didn't see her afterward. That was about three hours ago.

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I saw her get called in for the interview but I didn't see her afterward. That was about three hours ago.

Oh I hope she gets the position she was very excited to work with SPirit as well. was there a lot of people in that group

barbara in Miami, Florida

89 months ago

Brian i was there yeasterday for the interview i was the firstone,Do you know if anyone was told they were calling on thursday,do you know if they tell you if they didnt hire you.I am very sad and confused i thought i did good but i guess no....

89 months ago

barbara in Miami, Florida said: Brian i was there yeasterday for the interview i was the firstone,Do you know if anyone was told they were calling on thursday,do you know if they tell you if they didnt hire you.I am very sad and confused i thought i did good but i guess no....

Barbara dont think that way always think positive and the best will come to you!!

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I saw her get called in for the interview but I didn't see her afterward. That was about three hours ago.

/
how applicants many were there today?

89 months ago

Lanelle who interviewed you?

89 months ago

oh man i feel so bad but i dont know the ladies name she had short black hair and she was a very nice lady

89 months ago

Barbara, I don't know why they told you that. Today we had about 25 people in the group. I don't know why they didn't hire you on the spot. But maybe they will call you. I know they're hiring over 200 flight attendants this year so maybe they'll call. I wish I could help you more.

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Barbara, I don't know why they told you that. Today we had about 25 people in the group. I don't know why they didn't hire you on the spot. But maybe they will call you. I know they're hiring over 200 flight attendants this year so maybe they'll call. I wish I could help you more.

Brian who interviewed you?

barbra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

89 months ago

Thanks for your help Brian,when she finished interviewing me she said if i had any question,but before i told her i work in a hospital in er deparment as the unit coordinatoe,that i couldnt stat the classes on march it has to be on april
I am so sad,gosh it has taken me almost a year,i have even read the essential of becoming a flight attendant.
i have friend which works on spirit a pilot and a flight attendant they told me maybe cause of what i said,i thout i did good
Which everyone the keep dreaming and God bless all. if anyone can ask if they were some of us that will be call on thursady i wil really appreciate,guys keep me post it

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: My interviewer had a very unusual name and I can't remember what it was but she had dark curly hair, about 5'6", slender build.

Barb dont give up you never know they will call you when you least expect it, maybe they hire some on the spot and some later. do you agree brian or no.

89 months ago

Has anyone heard if Natasha was hired or not?? I have not seen her on here since Thursday...So when is everyone going to training I am going on March 31st

89 months ago

Definitely agree. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Lanelle, I'm hoping to be in your class. Otherwise three days later on April 3rd.

89 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Definitely agree. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Lanelle, I'm hoping to be in your class. Otherwise three days later on April 3rd.

So are you doing your processing Monday or Tuesday? Mine will be done on Monday!!!

89 months ago

Lanelle Henke in Jupiter, Florida said: So are you doing your processing Monday or Tuesday? Mine will be done on Monday!!!

Lanelle, the others may be getting depressed and more sad when you continue
to be discussing your success. Instead try to comfort them. Dont you think so too brian.

89 months ago

I dont feel bad i still have until thursday
is not over until is over 4 weeks,when everyone gets the gold wings then it will be over,thanks for thinking for the ones we are left behind,wish you all the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lanelle

89 months ago

Barbara just keep your head up and if its not this time around for you still dont give up if thats what you desire try again and again cuz you know there hiring and you will be more prepared next time

Lanelle

89 months ago

s in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Lanelle, the others may be getting depressed and more sad when you continue
to be discussing your success. Instead try to comfort them. Dont you think so too brian.

Sorry I was not trying to be talking about my success like that I was just trying to see who would be there on Monday I wish everyone the best of luck and hope we all get on board together!

89 months ago

Does anyone knows if natasha did it, is she ok?

Lanelle

89 months ago

Barbra I was wondering the same thing I have not heard from her since Thursday I hope all is well with her

Lanelle

89 months ago

Does anyone have regular email adresses? or are anyone on myspace or facebook?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.