Spirit Airlines...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 9702)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

LaTisha Marrero-Stone in Vega Alta, Puerto Rico

83 months ago

Hello Everyone, Just an update. I was part if the 1st SJU base clase, we finally graduated on Monday and we are finally home, after 4 weeks of hard work. Most of us will beging our new job at the beginig of April. I am very proud of those that were in class with me, for all that have apps. in just wait they will call you guys soon, Best of luck, LaTisha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shasha in Orlando, Florida

83 months ago

Congrats LaTisha! By the way, I am originally from Vega Baja. =)

albert in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

Hey latisha...congratulations! Im supposed to start on Monday the 31st for training. FLL base. How is the training? what to expect? any advice? thanks

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

Lanelle, I'm sorry I won't get to see you in training. It looks like I'm starting April 3rd. But I will see you when you get done with training and out on line.

Trisha Hines in North Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

Hi everyone...your comments are very informative and helpful. I just received my invitation, however, very unsure I want to go through with it. I thought I heard somewhere that the training is 4 weeks unpaid. Is that true??? - Thx, Trisha

LaTisha Marrero-Stone in Vega Alta, Puerto Rico

83 months ago

Hello Trisha, Yes it is true, training is UNPAID 4 weeks, at the end of training you will recive a check for a perdiem, if you live out of the area. If you live in the area I am not sure how it works. The best way to find out is going to their open house when they have one. Hope this helps. Good Day, LaTisha

83 months ago

If they are hiring you for the Ft. Lauderdale base and not Puerto Rico, then the per diem rate is $25/day so you end up with about $500 for the month. But all airlines don't pay for training. Not sure how they get away with it but it's the way it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trisha Hines in North Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

Brian and LaTisha...thanks for your response! It was very helpful...Trisha

Lanelle

83 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: If they are hiring you for the Ft. Lauderdale base and not Puerto Rico, then the per diem rate is $25/day so you end up with about $500 for the month. But all airlines don't pay for training. Not sure how they get away with it but it's the way it is.

Brian I will not be starting before you I am going to be in the May class for I had something with my kids come up and they pushed my class back till May for me so I will see you up and running first keep me posted

83 months ago

Lanelle, I'll miss seeing you in the training building but I'll see you when after you graduate. I'm starting April 3rd.

DIAMARYS in Cape Coral, Florida

83 months ago

HI...EVERYONE...I JUST GOT THE EMAIL 4 INTERVIEW ON THE 2ND OF
APRIL...WHAT IT GOING TO HAPPEN??? I'M VERY NER....

83 months ago

There's really nothing to be nervous about. It's a very relaxed atmosphere. They want to see how smiley and fun you are so just try to have fun. At first they show you a slide presentation about Spirit. It lasts about 30 minutes. Then they call you in to another room one by one. The interview is one on one. They first ask you to read a paragraph from the safety demo. Everyone said this made them nervous so don't sweat it too much. I think they just want to see if you can read. Even people that thought they botched it got hired. Then after that they askk you a bunch of questions. If you look back a page or two on this forum you'll see what kind of questions they ask. Very basic interview type questions...Why did you pick Spirit?...What do you bring to Spirit?...Name three qualities about yourself...stuff like that. Then right on the spot, if you get hired, they sign you up for the next training class and you go home. The whole thing lasted about two hours but the interview only lasts about ten minutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lanelle

83 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: There's really nothing to be nervous about. It's a very relaxed atmosphere. They want to see how smiley and fun you are so just try to have fun. At first they show you a slide presentation about Spirit. It lasts about 30 minutes. Then they call you in to another room one by one. The interview is one on one. They first ask you to read a paragraph from the safety demo. Everyone said this made them nervous so don't sweat it too much. I think they just want to see if you can read. Even people that thought they botched it got hired. Then after that they askk you a bunch of questions. If you look back a page or two on this forum you'll see what kind of questions they ask. Very basic interview type questions...Why did you pick Spirit?...What do you bring to Spirit?...Name three qualities about yourself...stuff like that. Then right on the spot, if you get hired, they sign you up for the next training class and you go home. The whole thing lasted about two hours but the interview only lasts about ten minutes.

Yes to all you who have a interview no sweat it is a very friendly and relaxed environment..smile and smile more and have fun thats what spirit is about I was also hired on the spot I will start my training in May...Maybe some of you will be with me :)

83 months ago

THANK YOU BRIAN AND GOOD LOCK IN YOUR TRAINING.
I HOPE I'LL SEE YOU///WHEN DID YOU WHEN?

83 months ago

Thanks. Good luck to you on your interview. I'm starting training April 3rd.

Jennifer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

Brian see you in training on April 3rd, have u memorized all of ur terms yet?

SJU Crashpad for Spirit Airlines in Valencia, California

83 months ago

Hello, if ayone is going to San Juan (SJU), I currnetly have a crashpad there. Please email me via tndash8@aol.com for more info.

83 months ago

Hi Jennifer. I already knew the codes from when I worked there before. I little bit of an advantage I guess. I don't remember the first day test being hard at all though.

Jen in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi Jennifer. I already knew the codes from when I worked there before. I little bit of an advantage I guess. I don't remember the first day test being hard at all though.

Thank you, I'm not too worried. I already have the terms almost perfectly memorized, I have been studying them like crazy since they gave me the packet. See you in class on Thursday!

danielle

83 months ago

I have an interview with spirit april 2nd at 2:30. I have no idea about anything with airlines. I have always wanted to be an FA. I have been reading everyones posts to get some insight on this whole process. I have read reviews on spririt and many said do not work for them. Im stuck trying to deciede if i should attend this interview.

83 months ago

I used to work for Spirit and I liked them. I also to work for United and I didn't like them. So I guess there's an airline for everybody. But if you don't know airlines at all, you won't know the difference. United's hiring process is extremely tedious. I went to an open house with about 100 people in attendance, they then picked 6 of us to attend a second interview a week later in Chicago. There were 13 of us in that interview and they picked only 2 of us so only 1 in a 100 got hired with United. Spirit will hire you on the spot if they like you. Also with Spirit, you'll be off reserve in a few months because they're hiring a bunch of flight attendants right now unlike the majors where you'll be on reserve for years.

danielle

83 months ago

Thanks so much for your input. how much does spirit pay? I really want to work for jetblue but i have always wanted to be an FA so i guess beggers cant be choosers.

danielle

83 months ago

Do they do the criminal background test and drug test same day at the open house interview??

83 months ago

BRIAN CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOU INTERVIEW?

83 months ago

I'll tell you this. Spirit is very similar to JetBlue as a flight attendant. I think it kind of depends on where you want to be based. If you want Ft. Lauderdale, then Spirit is the way to go, Jetblue will base you in NYC. But in the airline business it's all about who is hiring when. Spirit is hiring now, I don't think JetBlue is hiring right now. The major airlines tell you what city they want you to move to so that doesn't sit well with alot of people. Plus the majors are having so much trouble right now, they may go out of business one day and then you're stuck at the bottom of the barrel, on the bottom of the seniority list trying to get in with another airline. AFter the interview, you'll come back next week to finish your ten year background packet and drug test. I really can't tell you much more about the interview that I haven't already said earlier in this forum. It was really easy. I really don't think they're looking at how you answer the questions as they are looking to see if they want to work with you one day. They're looking for easy-going smiley people.

danielle

83 months ago

Thank you so much for everything, last question does anybody know the pay for FA on spirit?

83 months ago

BRIAN.. I'M LOCATED IN CAPE CORAL LIKE TWO HRS FROM FLL. DID U THINK THAT WILL BE A PROBLEM???..I'M WHILE TO TRAVEL..

83 months ago

Spirit starts at $18/hr for the first 6 months, then it goes to $21/hr, then you get a raise every year for about 10 years, topping out at about $30-35/hr (I can't quite remember). I had someone in my training class last time that had no problem driving from Jupiter. I don't think it will be a big problem, it just might be a bit tiring for you sometimes and you'll still have the weekends to do most of your studying (but it's not that hard).

diamarys in Cape Coral, Florida

83 months ago

Thank you Brian you are alsome...I hope everythink goes well for me on the 2nd..You are giving everyone good thoghts...The best for you..I'll keep you posted in what they tell me on wednesday...

Lanelle in West Palm Beach, Florida

83 months ago

Just for you all who are attending a open house interview I really wanted the position as a FA and was so scared because I have no FA experience I went to the interview and was hired on the spot.. I scared myself more than I should have I smiled like I was told and was a friendly happy person and I think thats what spirit is looking for!!! I start my training May 1st

GOOD LUCK BRIAN

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida

83 months ago

Lanelle in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Just for you all who are attending a open house interview I really wanted the position as a FA and was so scared because I have no FA experience I went to the interview and was hired on the spot.. I scared myself more than I should have I smiled like I was told and was a friendly happy person and I think thats what spirit is looking for!!! I start my training May 1st

GOOD LUCK BRIAN

Just curious Brian...are accommodations provided during training at Spirit? I live close to you Diamarys. Would be nice not to have to worry about the commute.

83 months ago

SHELLY; WHAT DAY IS YOUR INTERVIEW?

83 months ago

I'm pretty sure, they only provide accomodations if they are hiring you for the San Juan base, otherwise it's up to you, but that is a question you can ask on the interview. Maybe there is an exception if you live further than a certain amount of miles away.

danielle

83 months ago

I know someone that just went through the whole hiring processses and she said you have to buy ur own luggage and own shirts and slacks with there colors. they dont provide them and spirit is a union job. does everyone know this.

jen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

Did anyone attend the training class that started yestarday? If so I hope it went well? Any Tips? I start Thursday.

jen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

Danielle, I dont know about the actual uniform and whether they provide, but they do expect u to buy black slacks and white or red polos for training and they do expect u to have ur own luggage or purchase from their uniform company. If you are preparing for your interview I would read through past discussions on this forum, it was very beneficial for me.

danielle

83 months ago

Thanks Jen = )..I have an open house interview tomorrow. I have read many discussions about the whole process. First you get to watch a video then they do group interview and then 1 on 1 and they ask you some questions and if they like you they hire you on the spot and then a few days later you go back for drug testing and criminal check and then if you pass that you go to training. Does that pretty much sum it all up??? = )

82 months ago

I've never heard of any airline buying your uniform. Being Union really doesn't have anything to do with buying your uniform. I would suggest though that you only buy one pair of pants (or one skirt) and maybe two shirts because Spirit is in the process of changing their uniform. I'm not talking about training (polo shirts) here. Spirit is going more casual with their uniform.

82 months ago

Oh yeah and buy Travel Pro Crew 6 products for your luggage. It's the best out there and you can buy it pretty cheap now online (luggagepros.com or other sites). It holds up the best and is really the standard in the industry. And no airline buys this for you either (as far as I know). At United, I racked up a $1,000 bill before graduating training for uniforms, luggage, etc.

82 months ago

I'm the onlyone going tomorrow for an interview? who else has an interview tomorrow?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

82 months ago

Yah thats pretty much it, but I meant more like the different types of questions that people were asked. That way u can plan ahead how you want to answer and it will help u to b less nervous going in. Besides that smile and b personible. Good Luck!

SJU Crashpad for Spirit Airlines in Valencia, California

82 months ago

s

Helen G. in Hollywood, Florida

82 months ago

I would just like to remind everyone, that is a career choice, not a cram for a test.
There is no right answer or wrong answer, just the right or wrong person for the job, You cant study to develop a personality. You either have it or you dont. YOu cant fake people skills, that is a developed skill.

People that are high maintence will not do well becsue you will dealing ith customers who are high maintence.

Look at your inner self and see if you are the right person for this career.

good luck to everyone

Thursday will be the first day of the rest of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida

82 months ago

DIAMARYS in Cape Coral, Florida said: SHELLY; WHAT DAY IS YOUR INTERVIEW?

Tomorrow ...April 2 at 2:30pm

Tocarra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

82 months ago

Hey everyone, I was just reading the comments and you guys are very informative about Spirit. I went to an interview on March the 19th. My recruiter told me that I was hired on the spot. I am a full time student in college and I made her aware of that. She told me that she would not want to interfere with my schooling and would put me in the training that will begin in May. Congrats to everyone that started training and who got hired. Does anyone know when the May training starts?? Also, does anyone know how to get in touch with the recruiters in Miramar, FL. Damn!!! There are no contact numbers or anything.

danielle in Boca Raton, Florida

82 months ago

i attended the interview today and I felt it went very well. I have read the hire right on the spot but unfortunetly she told me she would let me know by friday. they cant find my application i filled out online that we allgot with the invite letter to the interview. I am not sure if that is the reason why they will call me friday but she said if she cant find it cause she is going to look again then she will let m eknow to fill out another. How did anyone else make out today if you went???

82 months ago

Danielle, I hope they find your application. It would really be upsetting to know that your hiring process has come to a halt because of their mistake. You wouldn't have a number to reach them on would you? Also, did they tell you when training is going to start for May? Get back to me anyone
:-)

danielle

82 months ago

Tocarra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Danielle, I hope they find your application. It would really be upsetting to know that your hiring process has come to a halt because of their mistake. You wouldn't have a number to reach them on would you? Also, did they tell you when training is going to start for May? Get back to me anyone
:-)

Thank you I really hope so too. They did not tell me when training starts. I dont have a number to contact them. they said they will contact me if i need to fill out another app and also ill know by tomorrow if i get the job. I really want this job so i am keeping my fingers crossed! lol

82 months ago

Girl, I hope you get the job too and I also hope they contact me some time soon. When I went to the interview she said that she will contact everyone through email, and I am yet to receive my email although she told me I was hired on the spot and my training will start in May. Keep me posted and let me know if they contact you. If possible, see if you can get a number from them when they call.

diamary in Cape Coral, Florida

82 months ago

Hi, congratulations to everyone that got hired..I when yesterday and i got hire. I'll start training may 1rs, also I whent today for others papers, see you all on may 1rs....Thank you Brian and all others with opinions and tips..
Good luck to all....

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.