Spirit Airlines...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 9573)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

diamary in Cape Coral, Florida

81 months ago

Hi, congratulations to everyone that got hired..I when yesterday and i got hire. I'll start training may 1rs, also I whent today for others papers, see you all on may 1rs....Thank you Brian and all others with opinions and tips..
Good luck to all....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tocarra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

Congrats to you Diamary. Hopefully I will see you in training on May 1st!!!

andre_428 in Pompano Beach, Florida

81 months ago

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida said: Tomorrow ...April 2 at 2:30pm

hey shelly i was at the interview yesterday april 2, wat did the recruiters told you?

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida

81 months ago

andre_428 in Pompano Beach, Florida said: hey shelly i was at the interview yesterday april 2, wat did the recruiters told you?

I was offered a spot in the May 1st training class. So excited! Got a chance to meet Daimarys who coincidentally I had met before... I knew she looked familiar...So cool! Heading back there tomoroow for fingerprinting, drug testing etc... How long did the process take for you guys today?

Lanelle

81 months ago

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida said: I was offered a spot in the May 1st training class. So excited! Got a chance to meet Daimarys who coincidentally I had met before... I knew she looked familiar...So cool! Heading back there tomoroow for fingerprinting, drug testing etc... How long did the process take for you guys today?

I will be with you all in training on May 1st as well...Cant wait to see everyone!!!

Brian: How is training going?

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

Congratulations to everyone who just got hired. I just met three people today who are starting May 1st and they were just great. Our class started on Thursday and I'm really impressed with the quality of people that Spirit hired. 17 people out of 23 in our class got 100 percent on our first test which was just what you're studying right now (airport codes, military time, and abbreviations). Everything is really pretty easy, very straight forward, and the instructors are incredibly nice and easy going. Training is only 3 and a half weeks long so I can tell it's going to go fast. On Tuesday night, we're going to the airport to get on an empty plane for about 5 hours (then we're off Wednesday). Our second test is this Monday but I'm not worried, the instructor covers everything that will be on the test. It would be very hard not to pass each test. Look forward to seeing all of you later. See you Lanelle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

OMG!!!! I am so happy for everyone. I will also be at training on May 1st, and I cannot wait to see you all. Brian, keep studying and earn your wings. Again, Congrats to everyone!11

JetNYPDBlue in Babylon, New York

81 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I've never heard of any airline buying your uniform.

Hi Brian,

JetBlue provides uniforms for its flight attendants at no cost to the employee. It also gives flight attendants an extra $200.00 each year for replacements/updates.

81 months ago

That great. You'll find there are good and bad things about all the different airlines. I do like flying on JetBlue. I also like AirTran. Fortunately as Flight Attendants for Spirit we get to fly on them for free as well as Southwest and United among many others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

A question for Brian or any one else there already at Spirit. Do you know how much the airline luggage company charges for the 22" carry on suitcase? and if that is a payroll deduction? I found a Travelpro one here at the Outlet Mall for approx $150 and just want to comparison shop....

Julio M in Miami, Florida

81 months ago

hello all. I've been reading through this forum and in one of the earlier comments I read that Spirit guarantees 70 filght hours. Is that a month? Is that only for part-timers? If your full-time, do you get 40 hours a week? Basically how does that work? Who ever can answer me I greatly appreciate it thanks.

Hotclover66 in Tallahassee, Florida

81 months ago

Hi guys,

I've just left Jetblue and they did infact pay for 100% of our uniforms, and gave us free luggage. I too have applied for Spirit and will be in the May 1st class (HELLO May 1st class!)

81 months ago

The guarantee is 72 hrs

Jason in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

jetBlue does pay for those items but 99% of airlines do not and you pay for them out of payroll deduct, usually $25 a paycheck.

Also to the person who asked about the Atlantic City base. It was closed after 9/11, as a crew base. It was recently re-opened as a "satelitte base" But has now been reopened as a permanant base. It is in fact a small base, you will never have a chance at ACY in the near future. but When they opened it as a "permanant base" they stated the number of F/As they needed there (a very small amount) they have sinced increased it by a few!

The bases you can count on for new hires is FLL, FLL, FLL, SJU, FLL, LGA, FLL and FLL.

You can probably get SJU if you want it, as of last bid there were 30's something F/As there and they want about 65. Some may get LGA if they want it also.

If you want FLL you have about a 100% chance of getting it!! 99% of new hires will go to FLL.

I am an active NK F/A and I have been here for 6 years so if you have any questions please feel free to let me know.....

Jason.

PS Brian, you must know Diane T. I see your name on the emails she sends me!! LOL she is so crazy, I love her

Jason in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida said: Just curious Brian...are accommodations provided during training at Spirit? I live close to you Diamarys. Would be nice not to have to worry about the commute.

Shelly-Amm,

Im not sure where Estero, FL is but I think if your a certain distance(mileage wise) from the training center they will provide a hotel, thats the way it used to be anyway, it could have changed

81 months ago

Thanks for the info on Spirit. I appreiciate it!
I can handle $25 a paycheck :-)
I do have a couple of questions. Could you please tell me:

1) if you can only work a max of 100 hrs due to being part of a union. The recruiter said Spirit F/A's can not work more than 100 hrs.

2) How much are union dues, and do you have to be part of the union.

3) Do you know what the new uniforms look like, and can we buy them from Spirit?

Thanks again!

81 months ago

I just chose Spirit inflight training over American Eagle. Due to base location and its a growing company, unlike Eagle that is talking about cutbacks and divesting. Good luck in your choice.

Lanelle

81 months ago

Hi Guys I will be in the training on May 2st as well!!!

Brian how is training going for you any heads up you can give me? Also what do our uniforms look like? and do we have to have our luggage the first day of class or do they give us a place to purchase it from?

Lianexis in Chicopee, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Hi everyone i had applied for spirit airline and I am trying to get in hold of the company, to find out the status of my application. I have been looking for a phone to contact regarding my application. If anyone has this information and can help me get in contact with Spirit please email me at lexix7@yahoo.com. I have been looking forward to work for this company. Also if anyone knows when and where is their next job fair please feel free to email me. Thanks:)

81 months ago

Hotclover66 in Tallahassee, Florida said: The guarantee is 72 hrs

only 72 hours? That's not much for a full-time position. Is there a way to work more? Thanks for your help.

81 months ago

also do I need to present a passport at the interview because I can pay like $60 extra to have it rushed and it'll get here like in 2 weeks. Is that ok?

81 months ago

Hey Julio, your passport is not needed at the interview, but if hired, you must have your passport prior to training. :-)

81 months ago

If I am correct Julio M, Due to the AFA-CWA contractual agreement with Spirit Airlines. F/A's can not work more than 100 block hrs monthly. And I was also just informed that the Union dues after probation are $43 montly.
Hope this helps...YOU WILL need a partime job to pay your bills :-)

DIAMARYS in Cape Coral, Florida

81 months ago

HI ANDRE428. ARE YOU HIRE?

81 months ago

DIAMARYS in Cape Coral, Florida said: HI ANDRE428. ARE YOU HIRE?

Hi Dia!

81 months ago

Do you know how long they will get back to us after the background checks with the hotel info etc...

81 months ago

Hi Jason, Diane was in my initial class along with Kathleen, Deborah, and Oscar (I already heard). For that person wondering about working 40 hrs/week. 80 hours of flying a month is alot of flying. There is alot of down time that doesn't count, like check-in time, boarding time, time between flights, etc, so the 20 hours a week of flying is really like 30 hours of work. The pay is about $20K/year to start and gets up around $30-35K/year but the flight benefits are great as well as the health benefits and time off. You won't make a ton of money as a flight attendant, that's for sure. Also, the person looking for a roll aboard luggage. I got my 22 inch Travel Pro roller for $90 on Travelpro.com.

81 months ago

Thank you for the info on the luggage Brian. That sure beats the pice I saw here! Another question, do you know how long after the background check, drug-testing day we are contacted to know for sure that we are going to training? Do we get a phone call or do we wait for a packet in the mail?

81 months ago

oops! price not pice

Cynthia in Toluca, Mexico

81 months ago

Hi, everyone I've been reading your comments and how I found out about spirit airlines is that they're hiring through a job fair that is going to be held here in mexico city and this company is going to be there. I'm really interested in applyingas a flight attendant.I am a U.S. citizen. Do I have to have prior flight attendant exp. and how long is the process???I hope someone can answer my question.Thank you.

malti in Travels = Vermont

81 months ago

Cynthia in Toluca, Mexico said: Hi, everyone I've been reading your comments and how I found out about spirit airlines is that they're hiring through a job fair that is going to be held here in mexico city and this company is going to be there. I'm really interested in applyingas a flight attendant.I am a U.S. citizen. Do I have to have prior flight attendant exp. and how long is the process???I hope someone can answer my question.Thank you.

No you don't have to have prior FA experience. Customer contact positions
are viewed as a plus.. but many FA's are empty nester's too.
Have an out going personality and
during you interview stress on your employment background to where you were
exceptional as a person helping another person. Dress professional for your interview. A nice blouse with a skirt or dress pants is fine. A suit is a plus!
Ladies should wear a pair of polished heeled shoes.. heel no less than 1 inch and 1/2.
Remember... smile and be happy to be there!

Examples of the questions they may ask you...
When and how you when above and beyond in a customer service role?

Tell us about a time when you worked as
a team with others to obtain a goal?

How would you handle a customer that was
dissatisfied with the service they've received?

These are not the questions.. but you will be asked something of the like.
So, prepare yourself with answers that will help you to appear confindent,teamplayer, helpful and caring.

81 months ago

Shelly, I think most people knew when their training was going to start the day they got hired (before the drug testing day). I'm not sure why you weren't told when to start training and yet they had you drug tested. But if that is the case, you should be hearing any day now. The drug testing results only take a couple of days. The background can be completed while you are in training.

81 months ago

Hi Lanelle, training is going well. Nothing surprising. Tonight, we went on an empty aircraft for about three hours. Our third test is this Thursday. Nobody in my class is having trouble with the tests. I heard that the class that started March 31st is having trouble with the first two tests. Also, someone in that class was fired for falling asleep on their familiarization flight. Being even one minute late is a big no no and falling asleep will definitely get you fired. If you're late ten minutes, you will also be fired. They're trying to emphasize the point of being on time and never delaying a flight. I'll let you know if something gets difficult but so far so good.

81 months ago

I know when my training date starts. We went back a few days after our interview to do the backgounds , drug testing and paperwork etc. My question is, do then get a call or a letter confirming that all that is clear before training starts. We were told that the invitation to training was conditional based upon the results of those checks. I am not at all worried about those myself. I just want to be absolutely sure that the offer still stands before I start to make purchases such as luggage etc..

81 months ago

No, you won't hear anything if you passed. If you didn't pass, they'll contact you and tell you not to attend training. About a week before my training started though, my instructor emailed everyone in the class and welcomed us, told us what time to show up, etc.

Lanelle

81 months ago

Wow falling asleep on the job wow...Good to hear your all doing well in your class Brian.. So Brian do I need to have my luggage with me the first day of class?

Danielle K in Boca Raton, Florida

81 months ago

Tocarra in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hey everyone, I was just reading the comments and you guys are very informative about Spirit. I went to an interview on March the 19th. My recruiter told me that I was hired on the spot. I am a full time student in college and I made her aware of that. She told me that she would not want to interfere with my schooling and would put me in the training that will begin in May. Congrats to everyone that started training and who got hired. Does anyone know when the May training starts?? Also, does anyone know how to get in touch with the recruiters in Miramar, FL. Damn!!! There are no contact numbers or anything.

I start on the May 5 training date.. but there is also a May 1st session.

81 months ago

Hey Danielle,
I received an email saying that I would need to come in for background and drug testing on monday. It also said that I am scheduled for the May 1st training session.

81 months ago

Lanelle, most everyone brought their luggage on the first day for the instructor's approval but it's not a big deal if you don't have it. You just have to have it approved prior to graduating. We had 7 100%'s on today's test (out of 21 students). Everyone in our class is doing great on tests.

Ashley Spitler in Sarasota, Florida

81 months ago

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to stop and say Hey to everyone. I start training May 1st. I'll be staying at the hotel since I live outside the 50 miles. I am really looking forward to this. So far, I have met some really great people. I hope everyone is at nice as the people at my interview and background check.

Have a good night,
Ashley

81 months ago

Ashley Spitler in Sarasota, Florida said: Hey everyone!

I just wanted to stop and say Hey to everyone. I start training May 1st. I'll be staying at the hotel since I live outside the 50 miles. I am really looking forward to this. So far, I have met some really great people. I hope everyone is at nice as the people at my interview and background check.

Have a good night,
Ashley

Welcome to the forum Ashley! I didnt get a call back about that msg I left for them today. I hope we will get an answer soon.

81 months ago

Brian Rountree in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: No, you won't hear anything if you passed. If you didn't pass, they'll contact you and tell you not to attend training. About a week before my training started though, my instructor emailed everyone in the class and welcomed us, told us what time to show up, etc.

Thank you Brian! There were a few of us over here with that question. There's our answer ladies! See ya'll on the 1st...guess we dont't want to hear from them before that last week....

Ashley Spitler in Sarasota, Florida

81 months ago

Shelly-Amm in Estero, Florida said: Welcome to the forum Ashley! I didnt get a call back about that msg I left for them today. I hope we will get an answer soon.

Thank you Shelly!

I'll see you on the 1st! Call and let me know if you hear anything!

Waiting4Wings in Valencia, California

81 months ago

Hi everyone! I just applied online. I don't know too much about the airline, how is commuting with this airline. From what I hear, sounds like the bases are Florida and DFW and I am closest to LAX. Any ifo would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

81 months ago

Commuting from Los Angeles would be EXTREMELY difficult with Spirit. It would be difficult with ANY airline. That is a really tough commute especially with no seniority. I'm from LA and I quit Spirit when I had to move back to LA from Fort Lauderdale. Now I'm back in Fort Lauderdale and working for Spirit again. I worked for United and I tried to commute from LA to San Fran and it was so miserable that I quit. Commuting as a flight attendant is extremely difficult. But you could always move to Fort Lauderdale (a great place to live) and go to LA on your off days when flight loads are low.

Lanelle

81 months ago

Hope to see you all on the 1st of May...Brian how is training going for you all???? IS it almost over? how much time do you get off from the time you finish training to the time you start to fly? Also how many days off a week do you get off?

Cynthia in Villa Guerrero, Mexico

81 months ago

malti in Travels = Vermont said: No you don't have to have prior FA experience. Customer contact positions
are viewed as a plus.. but many FA's are empty nester's too.
Have an out going personality and
during you interview stress on your employment background to where you were
exceptional as a person helping another person. Dress professional for your interview. A nice blouse with a skirt or dress pants is fine. A suit is a plus!
Ladies should wear a pair of polished heeled shoes.. heel no less than 1 inch and 1/2.
Remember... smile and be happy to be there!

Examples of the questions they may ask you...
When and how you when above and beyond in a customer service role?

Tell us about a time when you worked as
a team with others to obtain a goal?

How would you handle a customer that was
dissatisfied with the service they've received?

These are not the questions.. but you will be asked something of the like.
So, prepare yourself with answers that will help you to appear confindent,teamplayer, helpful and caring.

Thank you malti in travels for answering my questions you where most helful.

DIAMARY in Cape Coral, Florida

81 months ago

HI LANELLE... ONLY 15 DAYS BEFORE TRAINING!!!!! I CAN WAIT..

81 months ago

Hi Lanelle. We get three days off after graduation before we start flying. We have lost three people in our class so far, two for failing tests. The class that started three days before us has lost 7 people so far. Once you get out of training then you get a guaranteed 12 days off a month. The time passes quickly though, only two more weeks left.

Olivia in Tallahassee, Florida

81 months ago

Hello everyone! I'm hoping this forum can help shed some light on whether an FA career is right for me or just a dream. Some background....I currently work as a law enforcement dispatcher, which has given me a good foundation in safety and customer service. On a personal note, I'm outgoing and love to travel. I've concluded after much research that Spirit could be the airline for me. What I'm unable to determine with a degree of certainty is whether a career that depends so largely on the economy is a safe move when compared to the job stability I have now. I'm mostly nervous about not earning enough money to handle my current financial obligations. I would like to get as much information as I can from those of you who have experience in this business. Here is my first question: What would I have to do to earn around $30,000 yearly as an FA? In other words, is it realistic to pick up that many extra flying hours and still have a personal life or would I be better off with a part-time job on the side? Thanks for any input you may have!

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.