Terminated airline employee

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

47 months ago

How long do airlines keep employee records for terminated employees and what can and can they not tell prospective employers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

47 months ago

and it was not due to anything illegal or immoral, it was attendance issue with FMLA. I really want to get back to working for an airline but apprehensive about applying now. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FLTATTwannabe in Florida

47 months ago

HiHelloHiHey in Elmhurst, New York said: Airlines can't say whether or not you were terminated. The most they can say is Yes or No if they are asked whether or not you are rehirable. When airlines call ex-employers, the most they do is confirm your dates of employment.

thank you so much for your reply. it helped put my mind at ease.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

riverrat in Porter, Texas

27 months ago

So if they say not rehirable, What can you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

riverrat in Porter, Texas

27 months ago

So if they say not rehirable, what can you do?

Skyblueeyes in Hackensack, New Jersey

27 months ago

I worked for a major airline in the late 80's and quit in the early 90's. When I quit, I did not give 2 weeks and they still have my record on file and they told a potential employer I am not hireable. I am amazed they had that information from so long ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

blewstew in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

Forever and IF you sign a release of information you gave them promission to blad any and everything about you. Most applications have that release in the fine print that you either agree to or they don't consider your application.
But knowing this ahead of time I'd play up my current employer and playdown the old employee by talking about how much you gave grown in the past 20 years and such. That way they will be thinking gee whiz that old employer was so long ago and you did seem to be much more mature and professional now!

blewstew in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

I am also curious which airline told you that?
I know most airlines now a days have a third party investigation your back ground and employment history.
As mentioned previously, they usually are just going for dates of employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.