Trans States Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1046)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Training bound in St. Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

Can anyone give me any information on Trans States Airlines. I went on an interview and was hired. I had not heard that much about them before. Are they a good airline to work for? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

Hi training bond. where you hired on the spot during your interview? I went on a interview last wednesday and i still haven't heard anything about the job. Thanks for your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hi Kim! Sorry I did not read the forum for a few days. I was given a training date on the day of my interview so yes it was on the spot, but that was in St. Louis and it may be different in Richmond. I just graduated training. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cleveland Area

80 months ago

Training bound in St. Louis, Missouri said: Hi Kim! Sorry I did not read the forum for a few days. I was given a training date on the day of my interview so yes it was on the spot, but that was in St. Louis and it may be different in Richmond. I just graduated training. Good luck!

Hi TB or perhaps we need to change this to TC (training completed) Would you be so kind as to tell me which type of resume format you used, also did you simply submit your resume to Trans State on-line, etc.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Cleveland Area said: Hi TB or perhaps we need to change this to TC (training completed) Would you be so kind as to tell me which type of resume format you used, also did you simply submit your resume to Trans State on-line, etc.?

Hi!
I saw their ad in the newspaper here in St. Louis. I faxed a resume to them but received no response. I then went to one of their open interviews and, after listening to information about the company, I filled out an application, had a short one on one interview and was given a training date. Maybe you should fax a resume and then give them a call. I know that they are still hiring and I believe they will have another training class beginning in February.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cleveland Area

80 months ago

Training bound in St. Louis, Missouri said: Hi!
I saw their ad in the newspaper here in St. Louis. I faxed a resume to them but received no response. I then went to one of their open interviews and, after listening to information about the company, I filled out an application, had a short one on one interview and was given a training date. Maybe you should fax a resume and then give them a call. I know that they are still hiring and I believe they will have another training class beginning in February.

Thanks for the response! I don't want to assume, however you sound rather young, compared to me. I'm trying to figure out which type of resume format to use in composing a resume. If you haven't figured it out I'm a bit old school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I am not exactly young <laughing>....I am 48. When I sent my resume by fax it was just a generic resume with the basic information. I forgot to bring a copy along when I went to the open interview so I just completed their application. I hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cleveland Area

80 months ago

Yes, you've been very helpful! My situation currently is that I want to become a FA, I'm available 24/7/365, surely that would be a plus. I have extensive work history as well as experience in regards to providing services to customers, clients and patrons. My draw back may be that I've been self employed and developed and operated, interior design business, construction company, my own horse drawn carriage service, floral, seasonal decorations, as well as providing numerous services for individuals in both the film and music industries. Encouraged to know that although I'm a bit older it's not necessarily a bad thing. I had my hair trimed yesterday and my hair dresser asked the receptionist to guess my age, even though this lady is older than myself she guessed me 22 years younger than I am. Needless to say yesterday was an ok day!!! Again thank you and God Bless you in your new career, perhaps someday we'll cross paths.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

It sounds like you would be an ideal candidate. I think maturity is a big plus for most of the airlines. There is a lot to be said for the years of experience in dealing with people and situations. You seem quite literate (you would be shocked how many applicants can barely read, much less spell correctly). That definitely is a plus in training! I still have to do my FAM and my IOE and then I will officially be a flight attendant. It is something It have always wanted to do and I believe it is the ideal job for me. I can't wait! Blessings to you, too, and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Meant to say it is something that I have always wanted to do...<sorry for the typo>.

Cleveland Area

80 months ago

Training bound in St. Louis, Missouri said: Meant to say it is something that I have always wanted to do...<sorry for the typo>.

Hey Doll!

No need for apologies, who doesn't make a mistake every now and then. I as well have always wanted to be a FA, this is getting amusing to me, do you wonder just how many of us ole' girls are out here trying to land a position? So very happy for you, truly hope it's better that you've ever dreamed!!! Catch ya later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

There are pretty many of us from what I have seen. A lot of us have raised our kids and did all the things required of us for everyone else and now we are wanting to do the things WE wanted to do before we had to take care of everyone else. The kids are grown and gone and no one to take care of anymore. Several in my class were older. We started out with 15 and ended up with 5 (two of us are older). Our trainer was a furloughed TWA/AA flight attendant who was also our age. I look forward to hearing back that you have started training!

Cleveland Area

80 months ago

YIKES!!!

Girl, what happened to the other 10? Please tell me that they were young and didn't really know what they wanted! Is being thin a good thing? You know sometimes if you're slim, thin, little, etc. etc. you're mispreceived as being weak, and it isn't as if they'll allow me to drag one of my 1,000 to 1,500 lb. horses in there to prove that looks in my case are
definitely deceiving.

80 months ago

Cleveland Area said: YIKES!!!

Girl, what happened to the other 10? Please tell me that they were young and didn't really know what they wanted! Is being thin a good thing? You know sometimes if you're slim, thin, little, etc. etc. you're mispreceived as being weak, and it isn't as if they'll allow me to drag one of my 1,000 to 1,500 lb. horses in there to prove that looks in my case are
definitely deceiving.

A few of them did not show up at the first class. One got crazy and went on a break and never came back. The others did not pass the required tests and were asked to leave. Being thin is definitely not a bad thing...the aisles on the EMB 145 are pretty narrow.

Cleveland Area

80 months ago

WOW UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Makes me wonder, what on earth would possess someone to waste everyones time, and someone elses opportunity to have a chance to be hired, just to not bother to "show up" or "get crazy". I know it's not funny, but I'm Oh, So,laughing right about now!!!

Tina K in St. Louis, Missouri

80 months ago

I am thinking about applying with Trans State Airlines. What was your interveiw like? The training sounds tuff! What is the starting pay? Thanks,and best wishes to all the new Fly Girls.

80 months ago

Tina K in St. Louis, Missouri said: I am thinking about applying with Trans State Airlines. What was your interveiw like? The training sounds tuff! What is the starting pay? Thanks,and best wishes to all the new Fly Girls.

The interview was fairly easy. The training was definitely tough. The starting pay is $16.00 per hour and then a raise after 6 months and again after 1 year. There is a $1,000 sign on bonus right now. Everyone who has been there for any length of time has nothing bad to say about it...most say they love their job. Reserve time is usually only 4-6 months they say. Go for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Footie in St Louis, Missouri

80 months ago

I am 28 Years old male and saw a ad for Flight Attendant in the paper and would like to know some information. Is the interview hard? What do they ask and look for during the interview? Why on reserve do you need a job to help pay the bills? Will this job effect my marriage? If you you could answer these or any please do thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lori L in Belleville, Illinois

80 months ago

Does anyone know if there are any more open interviews? Thanks!

Sue in Livonia, Michigan

80 months ago

Training bound in St. Louis, Missouri said: Hi!

Hi,
How long was the training? When do they pay you the sign on bonus? At the end of training or weekly?

Lori in Belleville, Illinois

80 months ago

***UPDATE***
Thank you for your interest in the Flight Attendant position. We will be interviewing on February 11th, February 12th, February 13th and February 14th at 1:00pm sharp. Please feel free to come any of these days. For directions to the interview, please call 314-222-4757.

Please bring enough information to fill out your application,
information for the last 10 years addresses, phone numbers and dates of employment and unemployment.

Sue in Livonia, Michigan

79 months ago

Lori in Belleville, Illinois said: ***UPDATE***
Thank you for your interest in the Flight Attendant position. We will be interviewing on February 11th, February 12th, February 13th and February 14th at 1:00pm sharp. Please feel free to come any of these days. For directions to the interview, please call 314-222-4757.

Please bring enough information to fill out your application,
information for the last 10 years addresses, phone numbers and dates of employment and unemployment.

Has anyone gone on an interview with GoJet? They have interviews on Feb. 5th and 6th in Chicago. I called the number to attend, but didn't hear from them to confirm. Can you just attend the open house without getting a call from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA Maybe Maybe Not in Chantilly, Virginia

79 months ago

that rules! I went to a United Interview with a trans state flight attendant. He had been with them for a year and now holds a full line. He is overweight, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. Anyway I have an interview with them on Wednesday. All I did was email my resume to them (the actual text, NOT an attachment) specifically to the flight attendant email and then I called this morning to follow up- yanno just let myself be known. I'm very excited. :-) It's good to find an airline based in Richmond, because I don't feel like relocating right now. I'm a 20 year old girl who still lives with mom. . .unfortunately. But the $1,000 bonus ROCKS...i'm guessing that's at the end of training? Is training hard? Is there a dress code? Mesa makes you wear this really dumb uniform for training- can't even wear jeans, with the exception of the evacuation exercises. :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA Maybe Maybe Not in Chantilly, Virginia

79 months ago

All of my questions have been answered and I was hired on the spot. :-)

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

Please, does anyone know about the travel benefits?
Many thanks,
Isa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TSA flight attendant in Saint Louis, Missouri

78 months ago

I have been online with TSA for a couple months now. The training was brutal but as long as you take it seriously and study for the tests you will do fine. You have to wear a uniform like outfit during training (black pants, black jacket or sweater, white shirt). The $1,000 sign on bonus is paid $250 after graduation from training, $250 after probation period is up (6 months) and the rest at a year. Since we actually work on three different airlines (American Connection, United Express and US Express), the travel benefits are good. Reserve time is running only two to three months. It really is a pretty easy job as long as you are an organized person.

Isa in Richmond, Virginia

78 months ago

TSA flight attendant in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have been online with TSA for a couple months now. The training was brutal but as long as you take it seriously and study for the tests you will do fine. You have to wear a uniform like outfit during training (black pants, black jacket or sweater, white shirt). The $1,000 sign on bonus is paid $250 after graduation from training, $250 after probation period is up (6 months) and the rest at a year. Since we actually work on three different airlines (American Connection, United Express and US Express), the travel benefits are good. Reserve time is running only two to three months. It really is a pretty easy job as long as you are an organized person.

Thank you very much TSA F/A.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FLYYGIRL in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

is GOjet the new TSA?? Im confused!!

FA in Training in Mineral, Virginia

78 months ago

what are you talking about? training freakin ROCKS out here in RIC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FA in Training in Mineral, Virginia

78 months ago

Isa in Chicago, Illinois said: Please, does anyone know about the travel benefits?
Many thanks,
Isa.

We actually have more benefits than I even expected. We apparently have contracts with all these airlines. . .plus access to discounts on cruises, resorts worldwide, certain museums, attractions, even cell phone service.

From what I understand the pay isn't that great, but the benefits make it worthwhile.

TSA flight attendant in Saint Louis, Missouri

78 months ago

Go Jet is owned by the same person as Trans States but they operate as entirely separate entities. The flight attendants are trained in the same building, but there are completely different staff assigned to do the training. The Go Jet planes I believe are bigger and there is more than one flight attendant. Trans States operates only 50 seater EMB 145's and there is only one flight attendant. Go Jet flies United Express flights exclusively and Trans States operates as United Express, American Connection and US Airways Express. The flight attendants have uniform blouses for all three partners and then a base uniform. You are required to carry all three uniforms and all three wings with you at all times, especially on reserve, because you may be assigned to fly as any one of them. Since we work for all three code share partners, we have some kind of flight benefits or discounts on almost all of the airlines. You will not get rich at the job but it is fun.

FLYYGIRL in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

Thanks TSA flight FA.. DO u know it they're still hiring? i emailed my resume a week ago and haven't heard anything back...

studying for fa training in Saint Peters, Missouri

78 months ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been through trans state airlines training in St. Louis. I am studying the materials given to me and was wondering on the destination maps for the American Connections, United Express, and US Airways Express maps how we will be tested. Will we be given the cities and have to know where to put them or do we have to know which cities go in which maps. Anyone with any info. I would realy appreciate knowing so I can get it right on the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flygurl in Saint Louis, Missouri

78 months ago

Can anyone please tell me the travel benefits in a little more detail? Such as what airlines do employees fly on for free and how soon do we earn that privalage? Do employees get to fly worldwide and if so what are the costs. Thanks so much!

TSA flight attendant in Camdenton, Missouri

78 months ago

For the destination maps test you will need to know the cities just like on the study maps. You will get blank maps with just carrier name on it and the dots on them and you have to put the cities in the right place. It is not that hard if you study. As far as travel benefits, you have free travel on TSA flights as soon as you graduate. As far as the other carriers go, it differs each one. We can fly worldwide on the large carriers once full benefits are established. The cost to do so is different depending on who you fly with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thanks TSA FA so much for your quick response. So I just wanted to make this just a little more clear because if you can tell I am a little confused hahaha. So we fly free with just American Connection, United Express , and Us Airways Express? Or free with American, United, and Us Airways. And just for kicks say I wanted to fly to like San Diego. What would be a ballpark figure of maybe how much it would cost me? I am very excited about training! How long would you say reserve time is running? Thanks so much in advance.

Duane

78 months ago

I live in Richmond also, and had worked for Eastern Airlines and American Airlines as a Customer Service agent. I was thinking of getting back into aviation. I was wondering how hard is it to keep a part time job while you are on reserve? I need to keep money flowing for my kids. But want to be happy again in a job that I love.

RIC Trans States FA in Mineral, Virginia

78 months ago

You really shouldn't take up a part time job until you are a line holder. Reserve is incredibly random and you must have ultimate flexibility. In fact, the day after we took our final, our instructor advised us not to make plans for the next month. Most FAs have part-time jobs, but it is impossible to hold a job elsewhere when you're on reserve. . .or even have a consistent schedule outside of work. Also. . .crew scheduling may even move around the days you are scheduled off. It happens all the time- especially when you are on reserve. But most of the second jobs are restaurants, retail, bar tending for the most part.

RIC Trans States FA in Mineral, Virginia

78 months ago

and by the way, training is very stressful toward the end. Every test is absolutely suspenseful, plus you can get written up only twice and the third time you can be dismissed. Even AFTER training and graduation there are three more ways to get the boot. You'll find out. I'm not sure how much I can say. But you'll be so relieved once you get through it.

78 months ago

Wow I wish you could tell us more. I am soooo excited about training and want more than anything to be successful and hold a line. I have been studying the packet and am ready and extremely motivated! So I hope all goes well for me. I just want to thank all you present flight attendants for your help with us trainees! Hope to see you all real soon!

studying for fa training in Saint Charles, Missouri

78 months ago

I am starting training on Thursday the 27th in Mo. also. I am so excited I can't wait. I thought of one, actually two more questions, if anyone knows. On the airline codes, there is an asterik by airline that states " carriers operating as the American Airlines OneWorld Alliance" Do we need to know specifically which airlines that are operating as the One Word Alliance? My last question at least for now, does anyone know our rate of pay for training? I am so glad I found this site it has been very helpful and everyone out there seems to be very willing to answer. I think this will be the best job I have ever had

TSA flight attendant in Eldon, Missouri

78 months ago

As soon as you finish your IOE you will have flight benefits on any TSA flight and also on some other regional airlines that fly the American Connection and United Express lines. You should be able to fly to San Diego for free. Reserve in St. Louis is not long at all. Right now we are short on flight attendants. You will probably only be on reserve for 2 to 3 months and maybe even less. I finished my IOE and got online in mid January. I had a line in February, was reserve in March and will have a line again in April and probably from now on. My seniority moved up 17 spots in one month. As for holding a part time job, I tried it. It just doesn't work out well when you are on reserve. I would wait until you are a line holder to get the part time job and then be sure that your other employer knows that you will have to have a flexible schedule because your line will be different every month. If you study the packet you got and know the information inside and out by your first training day you should do well. As long as you apply yourself and know the information you need to know throughout the training you will do fine. After you pass all of the tests, you know your information and all you have to do is get out on the aircraft and show them that you know it. As long as you are organized, good at multi tasking, friendly and not lazy you will be a good flight attendant!
In answer to your question Studying....just know the codes and the airline names and you will be fine. The rate of pay for training is the monthly minimum of $1,152. Good luck!!

Lori in Belleville, Illinois

78 months ago

Hi, can anyone tell me if training is 40 hours a week, M-F? What the times are for training?
Thanks!

studying for fa training in Saint Charles, Missouri

78 months ago

I was told training in St. Louis would be from about 8-5 m-f, but to expect to be available some weekends to fly (training flights). Is the training pay of $1,152 for the whole duration of training. Is the first pay date delayed? My training starts on the 27th of March. Should I expect to get the first paycheck on the 15th of April or on the 30th.
Thanks again!!!

TSA flight attendant in Eldon, Missouri

78 months ago

Training is 40 hours per week M-F 8-5, except there will be one or two nights on the aircraft that will start in the early evening and go until 1 or 2 am. The pay is $1,152 for a month. The training is usually 5-6 weeks. The rest is prorated. You do not fly during training, but you will spend an evening or two on the aircraft. You fly after graduation from training when you do your FAM and your IOE. If you start on March 27 you will receive your first paycheck on April 15. It will include 1/2 month pay plus the extra amount for the 27th, 28th and 31st. I hope that helps!

78 months ago

So any hours worked in training over the 1/2 month amount will be prorated on the 2nd check check?

TSA flight attendant in Osage Beach, Missouri

78 months ago

If you start training near the end of the month then on your first check the following month (the 15th) you will get one half of your guarantee plus the prorated amount for the days you worked in the end of the previous month.

Jr in Waukegan, Illinois

78 months ago

TSA Flight Attendant, do you by chance have any info on Gojet ORD(I know they are seperate but the same company) and if they will be hiring again soon. They had an ad on Indeed for ORD pilots and Fas last week. I would really like to try and get on with them. THANKS!!!!

78 months ago

I believe that Go Jet is hires fairly regularly. The training is done at the same facility as the Trans States flight attendant training...in St. Louis. Some of their flight attendants are based in St. Louis and some in Chicago. They fly as United Express exclusively. I would give them a call and see if you can fax a resume.

78 months ago

Sorry about the typo .....I believe they hire....not is hires...lol.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.