**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7751 to 7800 of 11979)
Page:  « First « Previous   153  154  155  156  157  158  159  Next »   Last »

Nathasha in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

SnowDay in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Congratulations to everyone who has made it to a CJO and are on their way to training. I am in my second month on the line and, although PHL reserves aren't flying consistently, when I do, it's the happiest time in my life. I just got off a four day and flew with an amazing crew, both f/as and pilots. Sure, the weather around the mid-east has made for some bumpy flights but I wouldn't have traded this journey for anything. Who would have known that when I first applies in October 2012 for East (At the time it was East-West) and got rejected, US Airways would send me an invite to apply to West. After a phone interview, flying to PHX for the F2F, and getting an offer on February 2nd, that I'd be going to training March 25th, then getting an e-mail to move into the March 11th class, then graduating April 9th and flying my first trip, with someone from my class on April 19th-I am genuinely living my dreams. I encourage everyone else to persevere, if you don't get in with US Airways, try again, or with another airline if flying is truly for you. Everyone at this company keeps telling me that I got hired at the best time, and I agree. I was the 5th class of 2013, and just Tuesday, the 10th class graduated. I haven't done any trans-atlantic trips yet, and I'm in no rush to do them, I'm just living in this moment and appreciating my passion. For those who think airline experience hurts you, it didn't hurt me, US Airways is my third, and honest to goodness, will be my last airline. The opportunities here are endless and the destinations are expanding. Classmates of mine have gotten called for Venice, Athens, Rome, Dublin, and Paris, to name a few. Our product in First Class and Coach is expanding with new food offerings that people really enjoy, we're getting new planes (I just flew on an Airbus 321 as the A f/a that was brought into service on Feb 1st, 2013) The plane smelled new and everything looked fresh an

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nathasha in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

Thank you so much for such inspiring words!!! You are awesome....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

16 months ago

Nathasha in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said:

LOLs maybe see ya in air I am flying on US Aie this Monday but on Standby I am going ot a FA Interview for Wisconsin Air. Where have you been flying much to?
You sound like such a sweety.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

16 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: LOLs maybe see ya in air I am flying on US Aie this Monday but on Standby I am going ot a FA Interview for Wisconsin Air. Where have you been flying much to?

You know I hate this does not allow you to edit a post, sorry for spell errors.

MsHeaven in Cincinnati, Ohio

16 months ago

beanlover in Troy, Michigan said: Oh! How excited are you! Do you know if we have to study the airport codes and cities only, or also the names of the airports? Have you heard about anything else we need to know prior to the first day of training?

I'm soooo excited! From everything I've seen, we just need to know the airport codes & cities only, including International. There's a Facebook group for new hires and another one just for our training class, do you have a Facebook account?

SkyPrincess12 in Fort Mill, South Carolina

16 months ago

chelseafan in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hi ! I have one more question. Do you have flight privileges as soon as you start training? Thanks

Your flight benefits will kick in shortly after graduation. You are not even considered an "employee" until AFTER you complete training. At that point you will be loaded into the system and can add your dependents or travel companion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky Blue Rose in Saint Paul, Minnesota

16 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: LOLs maybe see ya in air I am flying on US Aie this Monday but on Standby I am going ot a FA Interview for Wisconsin Air. Where have you been flying much to?

That is great! I have seen you on the various indeed FA forums and it is nice to see that your perseverance is paying off. I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

flying77 in Warrenville, Illinois said: I'm new to this site and I have a quick question. Forgive me if its been answered before. Obviously every company has different reserve systems, some better than others ( Delta:) There have been talks of American adopting a potential new reserve system, other than straight reserve. IF this is implemented, wouldn't this apply to ALL the flight Attendants once the merge/contracts are completed? The reason I ask is I happened upon a few posts about straight reserve for 5...10+ years. And yet I'm seeing very little about a potential overhaul of the reserve system in general. I know the name of the game, it's just wishful thinking that there MIGHT be a light at then end of the tunnel as opposed to straight reserve for the next 10+ years. Does anyone have any insight? Thank you:)

Well you're on the right track.
Typically this is how it plays out.
1st there is the merger.
2nd you vote on a single union.
3rd you eventually ratify a JCBA (Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement)
At this point all F/A's would work to the same contract.
Until the JCBA is ratified the 2 airlines operate under their respective CBA's.
The time it takes to negotiate and ratify a new JBCA usually takes 2 to 3 years from the merger.
Sometimes there follows a period of time where an integrated seniority list has to be negotiated but I believe it is the intent of the current F/A unions at US and AA to accept DOH as the measure of integration.
Hope this helps.

Adamclark705 in Twinsburg, Ohio

16 months ago

I'm sure this has been asked already, but instead of going through 156 pages of forum, I'll just ask again. What are the steps in the hiring process, for a flight attendant, at US Airways? Thanks guys!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hoping to fly in New York

16 months ago

Adamclark705 in Twinsburg, Ohio said: I'm sure this has been asked already, but instead of going through 156 pages of forum, I'll just ask again. What are the steps in the hiring process, for a flight attendant, at US Airways? Thanks guys!!

Long version so you can skip 156 pages: Online application will be screened to see if you will be selected for a phone interview. If chosen, a 3rd party company will call you for the phone interview. At the end of the conversation, they will let you know if your answers were enough to invite you for a f2f. The airline will fly you down for a group observation/interview session. If you make it past the 1st round of cuts you'll get a 1 on 1 interview. If you make it past that round, you'll receive a CJO and will be fingerprinted, passport recorded, & new hire paperwork filled out. Then you do your drug test & they do your background check. You're given a training date & get a packet in the mail with details. Then 4 1/2 weeks of training & testing before you become an official Flight Attendant! WHEW! :)

FLYGIRL77 in Florida

16 months ago

Hoping to fly in New York said: Long version so you can skip 156 pages: Online application will be screened to see if you will be selected for a phone interview. If chosen, a 3rd party company will call you for the phone interview. At the end of the conversation, they will let you know if your answers were enough to invite you for a f2f. The airline will fly you down for a group observation/interview session. If you make it past the 1st round of cuts you'll get a 1 on 1 interview. If you make it past that round, you'll receive a CJO and will be fingerprinted, passport recorded, & new hire paperwork filled out. Then you do your drug test & they do your background check. You're given a training date & get a packet in the mail with details. Then 4 1/2 weeks of training & testing before you become an official Flight Attendant! WHEW! :)

Thank you for the info...I actually just applied on 6/19, received my phone interview today and moving on to CLT on 7/9! So...excited any further info is always appreciated! I was pleasantly surprised to see they were moving along so quickly. Are you currently a FA?

16 months ago

FLYGIRL77 in Florida said: Thank you for the info...I actually just applied on 6/19, received my phone interview today and moving on to CLT on 7/9! So...excited any further info is always appreciated! I was pleasantly surprised to see they were moving along so quickly. Are you currently a FA?

No, waiting on training. Congrats on making it to the f2f! Over 60,000 people have applied & approx 700 have made it to getting their wings! Just remember to look the part for your interview, and smile smile smile! It's tough competition, out of maybe 60 people they MIGHT pick 10!

FLYGIRL77 in Florida

16 months ago

Hoping to fly in New York said: No, waiting on training. Congrats on making it to the f2f! Over 60,000 people have applied & approx 700 have made it to getting their wings! Just remember to look the part for your interview, and smile smile smile! It's tough competition, out of maybe 60 people they MIGHT pick 10!

Thanks so much!! I am really thrilled, I have been in the industry since 2009 and flying is in my blood!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

FLYGIRL77 in Florida said: Thanks so much!! I am really thrilled, I have been in the industry since 2009 and flying is in my blood!!

Which airline are you with now? I'm always amazed at the people who switch airlines even though they have years of reserve to look forward to (ha). It's all so new to me, my eyes are wide open like a little kid on Christmas lol!

Adamclark705 in Twinsburg, Ohio

16 months ago

Hoping to fly in New York said: Long version so you can skip 156 pages: Online application will be screened to see if you will be selected for a phone interview. If chosen, a 3rd party company will call you for the phone interview. At the end of the conversation, they will let you know if your answers were enough to invite you for a f2f. The airline will fly you down for a group observation/interview session. If you make it past the 1st round of cuts you'll get a 1 on 1 interview. If you make it past that round, you'll receive a CJO and will be fingerprinted, passport recorded, & new hire paperwork filled out. Then you do your drug test & they do your background check. You're given a training date & get a packet in the mail with details. Then 4 1/2 weeks of training & testing before you become an official Flight Attendant! WHEW! :)

Thanks Hoping to fly!

Ready2fly

16 months ago

beanlover in Troy, Michigan said: I don't understand.. I want PHX as my base. If I get assigned a different base after training, I can possible get PHX at a later date? Even as soon as a month following graduation!?

You bid on your schedule every month, and this includes base transfers.

Yeah, I know in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: Hello Everyone!

**We are starting out initial hiring process this weekend --- online you should be able to apply flight attendants --east and west-- (Please note anything could always change in the airline industry) We are planning for numerous new hire classes starting in January 2013-- and Interview will more then likely start in November. Any questions? I will certainly try to help as much as I can.

Hello, are you still hiring? I would like some information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bucky in Las Vegas, Nevada

16 months ago

Very excited and nerveous here. I applied on what I think was the 11th of June. Passed the phone interview last tuesday and have my face to face this wednesday. WOW was very quick compared to the experience with both DL and AA.

what is the crash pad situation like in the CLT area if awarded? Public transportation?

SkyDoll in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

16 months ago

Bucky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Very excited and nerveous here. I applied on what I think was the 11th of June. Passed the phone interview last tuesday and have my face to face this wednesday. WOW was very quick compared to the experience with both DL and AA.

what is the crash pad situation like in the CLT area if awarded? Public transportation?

Congrats and good luck. FYI, CLT is an extremely senior base.

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

16 months ago

I applied twice to US Airways, once in Jan. for the PHX base(West) and three days later got the TBNT email. So...I applied for the CLT(East) and made it to the phone interview in March before being shot down again. I see the current opening is PHX so anyone know if that means I can apply in July?

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California

16 months ago

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan said: I applied twice to US Airways, once in Jan. for the PHX base(West) and three days later got the TBNT email. So...I applied for the CLT(East) and made it to the phone interview in March before being shot down again. I see the current opening is PHX so anyone know if that means I can apply in July?

Go for it Bailey! You got thisclose before. You are on the other forum also?

avia11 in nyc, New York

16 months ago

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan said: I applied twice to US Airways, once in Jan. for the PHX base(West) and three days later got the TBNT email. So...I applied for the CLT(East) and made it to the phone interview in March before being shot down again. I see the current opening is PHX so anyone know if that means I can apply in July?

"If at first you don't succeed----try, try again!!!" ;)

16 months ago

kileykittykellyI in Visalia, California said: Go for it Bailey! You got thisclose before. You are on the other forum also?

Yes, I was on AA. So close...

FAwanttoBE in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

So 1 month since my CJO and nothing yet. Advice please

16 months ago

FAwanttoBE in Brooklyn, New York said: So 1 month since my CJO and nothing yet. Advice please

Did you receive an email telling you when training is? After your f2f Hire Right should have started doing your background check. If they're missing anything they call you from a # in Oklahoma.

16 months ago

SkyDoll in Grosse Pointe, Michigan said: Congrats and good luck. FYI, CLT is an extremely senior base.

Thanks - I knew from having been at a regional that CLT would be very senior. It's actually 'not' a 1st choice (other than easy commute). DCA I think would be rather costly. So, hello PHL -

Now, just have to get through the f2f and get a CJO

16 months ago

FAwanttoBE in Brooklyn, New York said: So 1 month since my CJO and nothing yet. Advice please

No contact at all with them? Things get lost in the system, so I personally would call first thing Monday morning.

avia11 in nyc, New York

16 months ago

I know someone else in the same boat. got a call to clarify something having to do with school info and then nothing since. I think they're a little backed up with class dates. (someone I used to work with waited I think 2 months for a class date.)

CTFA in New York

16 months ago

Anyone going to f2f this wed 26th?

Santi in Maryland

16 months ago

Understandably each base must have their own pros & cons.

Could anyone share any insight about each of the bases? Very curious!

16 months ago

here's what my base thinking is
CLT - very senior - must have a car
PHL - junior - prolly more international - public transportation
PHX - no clue
DCA - good public transportation but costly crash pad

Pan Am wannabe in NoWhere, American Samoa

16 months ago

PHX is flying the most-80+ hrs, then CLT around 60+, the PHL around 40+.. PHX scheduling can tag you for another trip while you are on a current trip. CLT/PHL don't. You can also request trips on East coast and stay with your pilots the entire trip. I've been on both side and prefer the East.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Pan Am wannabe in NoWhere, American Samoa said: PHX is flying the most-80+ hrs, then CLT around 60+, the PHL around 40+.. PHX scheduling can tag you for another trip while you are on a current trip. CLT/PHL don't. You can also request trips on East coast and stay with your pilots the entire trip. I've been on both side and prefer the East.

Your location cracks me up.

FAwanttoBE in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Hoping to fly in New York said: Did you receive an email telling you when training is? After your f2f Hire Right should have started doing your background check. If they're missing anything they call you from a # in Oklahoma.

No training date or communication? Spoke to hire right and submitted everything the request 2 weeks ago but they told me they replied to US Airways last week. So it has been 1 week since hire right sent my info back to them. Hopefully I hear something this week. I don't have a number to contact them. The recruitment number can't do anything after the CJO so it is a waiting game. Any info would be appreciated. What are some of the training classes. I know about July 1st.

anacaonabori in Bronx, New York

16 months ago

Nathasha in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said:

Nathasha this is anacaona.. I just wanted to let you know that Allegiant Air is hiring F/A for theirs Florida base.. I just applied a few minutes ago. My application for US Airways still under review... I hope you are doing okay....

SkyDoll in Belleville, Michigan

16 months ago

anacaonabori in Bronx, New York said: Nathasha this is anacaona.. I just wanted to let you know that Allegiant Air is hiring F/A for theirs Florida base.. I just applied a few minutes ago. My application for US Airways still under review... I hope you are doing okay....

Allegiant is good for those who live in Florida as they only fly 1 day trips. No over-night trips. Also, they will not fly you in for the interview, you pay for your own flight or transportation their. If I lived in or near MCO (Orlando) I would definitely go for Allegiant.

16 months ago

SkyDoll in Belleville, Michigan said: Allegiant is good for those who live in Florida as they only fly 1 day trips. No over-night trips. Also, they will not fly you in for the interview, you pay for your own flight or transportation their. If I lived in or near MCO (Orlando) I would definitely go for Allegiant.

Oh yeah, they will let you know you will need to have a car, as you are required to work between both bases, Orlando & Sandford. They are about an hours drive apart.

CTFA in New York

16 months ago

Anyone going to f2f wed 26th?

16 months ago

CTFA in New York said: Anyone going to f2f wed 26th?

I am... should arrive about 0840

Ready2fly in Irvington, New Jersey

16 months ago

Bucky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thanks - I knew from having been at a regional that CLT would be very senior. It's actually 'not' a 1st choice (other than easy commute). DCA I think would be rather costly. So, hello PHL -

Now, just have to get through the f2f and get a CJO

I graduated in May and most got PHL, 9 of us CLT, and rest got DCA. 2 classes later, some got PHX. For us, if we didn't get our first choice, we got our transfer the very next month.

16 months ago

Does anyone know how close US Airways Flight Training Center is to Airport?
Thank in advance.

CTFA in New York

16 months ago

Bucky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am... should arrive about 0840

Im arraving at 8:30 ish

flygirl45 in washigton, District of Columbia

16 months ago

Preparing myself for my f2f on tomorrow.... hoping this door opens for me....

CTFA in New York

16 months ago

flygirl45 in washigton, District of Columbia said: Preparing myself for my f2f on tomorrow.... hoping this door opens for me....

good luck girl!!!! Im preparing for wed f2f

Kim in Lebanon in Lebanon, Maine

16 months ago

Hi fellow US Airways Flight Attendant Hopefuls!
I read this forum every day more than once. I wait for my chance for my F2F. Its so hard as the days pass, and my phone does not ring. I watch others get their F2F within days or a week. I have been told twice that I would be called for my F2F. The last time I was told that I would probably be called around the middle to end of June. I am so anxious. This week is my Birthday. I will be 57 yrs. young. I couldn't think of a more perfect gift than to finally get my chance to interview in person! Some people have discouraged me and said that I need to give up my DREAM for this job because of my age. I feel young, look young, and I have plenty of energy, and abilities to be a Great Flight Attendant. I have the years of experience behind me that have given me wisdom, and confidence. I just want to say...Congrats to all that have gone before me and gotten their wings, and to all like myself...Hang in there! Don't give up......Have a safe & happy day all....smiles, :) Kim*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ready2fly in Irvington, New Jersey

16 months ago

Kim in Lebanon in Lebanon, Maine said: Hi fellow US Airways Flight Attendant Hopefuls!
I read this forum every day more than once. I wait for my chance for my F2F. Its so hard as the days pass, and my phone does not ring. I watch others get their F2F within days or a week. I have been told twice that I would be called for my F2F. The last time I was told that I would probably be called around the middle to end of June. I am so anxious. This week is my Birthday. I will be 57 yrs. young. I couldn't think of a more perfect gift than to finally get my chance to interview in person! Some people have discouraged me and said that I need to give up my DREAM for this job because of my age. I feel young, look young, and I have plenty of energy, and abilities to be a Great Flight Attendant. I have the years of experience behind me that have given me wisdom, and confidence. I just want to say...Congrats to all that have gone before me and gotten their wings, and to all like myself...Hang in there! Don't give up......Have a safe & happy day all....smiles, :) Kim*

We had at least 6 people in our class who were in their 50s with the oldest being 59. You can do it!!

16 months ago

Got my answer. It won't let me apply saying 'you have already applied to this position'. So guess I wait until mid-July.
Bummer.

World Traveler in New York, New York

16 months ago

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan said: Got my answer. It won't let me apply saying 'you have already applied to this position'. So guess I wait until mid-July.
Bummer.

Same here! Shot down by USAir jan 17 and F2F with AA apr 17. Can't wait for July 17, I hope the position is still open!

16 months ago

Ready2fly in Irvington, New Jersey said: I graduated in May and most got PHL, 9 of us CLT, and rest got DCA. 2 classes later, some got PHX. For us, if we didn't get our first choice, we got our transfer the very next month.

thanks this sure helps as I plan on commuting from FLL/MIA/PBI area.

16 months ago

CTFA in New York said: Im arraving at 8:30 ish

sounds awesome. Hoping all do well in the group. My packet said there was a group about 9:30 and another about 10 something. That I would be assigned to one or the other upon arrival....

Page:  « First « Previous   153  154  155  156  157  158  159  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.