**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 11807)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania

21 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Also do you think that most new hires will be sent to PHL out of training or could they also go to CLT or DCA?!

I can almost say majority of the 6 out of 8 classes are alllllll going to go to PHL. It's are junior base. and most of the new 330's are coming to Philly. DCA is out of the question. and CLT transfers have to go in first then new hires and we are only on 1997 for that lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: THERE`S ANY SPEAKERS WHO CAN TELL ME HOW THE RESERVE IS? YOU STAY ON RESERVE FOR LONG TIME? I HAVE A FRIEND WHO TOLD ME THAT ASK A SPEAKER WHO CAN HOLD A LINE QUICKER IT ALL DEPEND WHAT LANGUAGE.CAN SOMEONE ANSWER ME? THANKS FOR THE INFO

yea you can be a speaker and stay on reserve for a few months or for years.. just depends on the demand when they hire... and depends on if people are retiring in that language. keep in mind if you are a speaker.. you will only fly to those cities.. and you will sit majority of the time... you can pick up trips on your days off to other cities but that is it pretty much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FA_Hopeful in Denver, Colorado

21 months ago

Does it mean anything that the posting says "trainee" FA? I'm pretty sure it didn't say trainee the last time it was up... Is there a difference?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

FA_Hopeful in Denver, Colorado said: Does it mean anything that the posting says "trainee" FA? I'm pretty sure it didn't say trainee the last time it was up... Is there a difference?

Not at all... NO idea why they put that on there... it will only cause confusion lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: Not at all... NO idea why they put that on there... it will only cause confusion lol.

Cool. Thanks for all your input on here! A lot of my questions have already been addressed. =) Now that my app is in, I can just sit back and see if anything happens.

WANDERLUST in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm a US Airways flight attendant. I am happy to answer any questions you may have :) The application is posted on usairways.com! Click on careers>search jobs>inflight

bum in Houston, Texas

21 months ago

WANDERLUST in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone,

I'm a US Airways flight attendant. I am happy to answer any questions you may have :) The application is posted on usairways.com! Click on careers>search jobs>inflight

Thanks so much wanderlust. I have a question. I just completed the application and submitted for it. It said on the application that it is not required to move to your base location, but it is recommended that we do since we will be reserve. My question is, do you think it will be easy to commute from Houston, Tx to the bases? and Im sure that you dont get flight benefits till about 90 days after training. Please help me out. thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

I definitely do not recommend commuting. I am still in my first year with this job and I couldn't even imagine not living in base. The flight attendants who do commute are the ones with a lot of seniority. They have high boarding priority when they fly standby to get to base when assigned a trip and are able to get to work more conveniently than new hires. Murphy's law was created for the airline industry. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Flights get delayed and cancelled all the time which could leave you stranded in Houston when you are supposed to be in base. You are on probation for the first 7 months when you are a new hire and being out of base on a "duty/on call" day will result in automatic termination. Overall, there is just so much unnecessary added stress when you are a commuter.

You start your flight benefits the day after you graduate from training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bum in Houston, Texas

21 months ago

WANDERLUST in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I definitely do not recommend commuting. I am still in my first year with this job and I couldn't even imagine not living in base. The flight attendants who do commute are the ones with a lot of seniority. They have high boarding priority when they fly standby to get to base when assigned a trip and are able to get to work more conveniently than new hires. Murphy's law was created for the airline industry. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Flights get delayed and cancelled all the time which could leave you stranded in Houston when you are supposed to be in base. You are on probation for the first 7 months when you are a new hire and being out of base on a "duty/on call" day will result in automatic termination. Overall, there is just so much unnecessary added stress when you are a commuter.

You start your flight benefits the day after you graduate from training.

thanks so much!

flying in Freeport, Illinois

21 months ago

Does US airways fly to Canada?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

You are welcome!

Yes, we fly into Canada.

Here is a link to our route map to see all of our destinations. www.usairways.com/en-US/routemap.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

WANDERLUST in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: You are welcome!

Yes, we fly into Canada.

Here is a link to our route map to see all of our destinations. www.usairways.com/en-US/routemap.html

So I probably wouldnt have a chance to get the job. I have a misdenmeanor and its not dui but just wondering if i even have a chance because of the canadian rules. should I even waste my time with trying to get a flight attendant job? Please no negative comments. I hate that I have this on my record and have been a flight attendant before.

21 months ago

Things happen. I don't judge.

I don't know all the rules about misdenmeanor's being on your record but I would still certainly apply. Be honest with them when they ask you about anything they find in your background check. I have a DUI on my record from college and I was honest with them. That's all they are looking for.

Apply! You have a chance of getting on if you take a shot and apply. If you don't, you get nowhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

flying in Freeport, Illinois said: Does US airways fly to Canada?

yep we do not fly that out of Philly... and CLT we do not either. only on the west.

Lady2fly in Florida

21 months ago

Thank you FA9019, all your input has been very helpful. ;-) I too have a misdemeanor 1994, petit theft, over 18yrs ago. Don't know how far back criminal history goes. Honesty best policy for sure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Follow My Dream in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

I am curious to get experienced perspectives/opinions on the following: Which airline is considered the best to work for as a Flight Attendant in the industry?
I seriously want to apply but not sure if I should pursue United or US Airways as they are hiring now or wait it out until Delta or American hire? These are the 4 that I have an interest in and I'm familiar enough with them from an outsiders view but really interested in knowing what the honest inside the industry viewpoint is. I really appreciate all responses.

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

21 months ago

Lady2fly in Florida said: Thank you FA9019, all your input has been very helpful. ;-) I too have a misdemeanor 1994, petit theft, over 18yrs ago. Don't know how far back criminal history goes. Honesty best policy for sure!

I thought I read somewhere that they conduct a 10 year background check.... So maybe yours might be far enough back that they don't even look into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flying

21 months ago

Thanks everyone! I applied and now the waiting game. I hope I can at least talj to someone about this. ill keep you informed. I see ai wis is hiring also. May have
to try to apply with them.thank you again!

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

21 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: yea you can be a speaker and stay on reserve for a few months or for years.. just depends on the demand when they hire... and depends on if people are retiring in that language. keep in mind if you are a speaker.. you will only fly to those cities.. and you will sit majority of the time... you can pick up trips on your days off to other cities but that is it pretty much.

I don`t know but i have a felling that i won`t like working for US AIR. if i`m a speaker i don`t really want to sit at the airport.i`m just going to keep my offer from AE.but thanks for the info i appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Well I got a rejection letter. Kinda surprised since it wasn't an actual application, just questions. So my question is when can I apply again?

elvisfan in Bartlett, Illinois

21 months ago

their application process is messed up. I filled out a application yesterday. I have been at my job for 20 years. When I went to submit it they would not let me. It kept saying you have a gap of more than 180 days of no employment. Then I got a email from them saying if I do not finish the app with 48 hours I lose my chance to apply. Well I went back and tried to send it 5 more times but no luck. Try again maybe you will have better luck than me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

21 months ago

elvisfan in Bartlett, Illinois said: their application process is messed up. I filled out a application yesterday. I have been at my job for 20 years. When I went to submit it they would not let me. It kept saying you have a gap of more than 180 days of no employment. Then I got a email from them saying if I do not finish the app with 48 hours I lose my chance to apply. Well I went back and tried to send it 5 more times but no luck. Try again maybe you will have better luck than me.

It was a difficult app, esp. on the work history section. Be sure you use 4 digits for the year...if you don't it will give you the message you got.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

elvisfan in Bartlett, Illinois

21 months ago

I did put in 4 digits for year but thanks for advice. Not meant for me I guess (ha) I will wait for American to apply.

Purser in Vancouver, Washington

21 months ago

flying in Freeport, Illinois said: Well I got a rejection letter. Kinda surprised since it wasn't an actual application, just questions. So my question is when can I apply again?

You got a rejection already? The post just went up? Perhaps I am missing something? What do you mean it wasn't an app, just questions? Would you mind sharing, if that's ok? I don't want to be invasive just trying to fully understand. THX

WANDERLUST in Framingham, Massachusetts

21 months ago

BTW I got a rejection letter a few days after I applied online and then a couple weeks later, they called me for a phone interview. lol so everyone don't freak out if you get one

Delta Connection FA in Memphis, Tennessee

21 months ago

Follow My Dream in Morrisville, Pennsylvania said: I am curious to get experienced perspectives/opinions on the following: Which airline is considered the best to work for as a Flight Attendant in the industry?
I seriously want to apply but not sure if I should pursue United or US Airways as they are hiring now or wait it out until Delta or American hire? These are the 4 that I have an interest in and I'm familiar enough with them from an outsiders view but really interested in knowing what the honest inside the industry viewpoint is. I really appreciate all responses.

My advice is to apply everywhere. Just consider the fact that you may or may not be successful at one or all of them. If you really want to be a Flight Attendant with a major just apply. If you get offered a job then you have a choice if you don't apply then no option for a choice.

21 months ago

elvisfan in Bartlett, Illinois said: I did put in 4 digits for year but thanks for advice. Not meant for me I guess (ha) I will wait for American to apply.

Make sure your dates on the app. go before 10/2002 so it has to go to at least 09/2002.

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York

21 months ago

Ok, I do have a serious question here; has anyone worked outside the United States within the last 10 years and had to provide any phone numbers of the facility where he/she used to work at in the application? I used to work for another Airlines company in the Middle East, at the work history section I had to provide non-US phone numbers and obviously that doesn't go through because it kept telling me there's an error with the red marked spaces at that section that has to be completed before submitting. I'm afraid that would affect my credibility at the application processing.
I'd be glad if I receive answers to my question., appreciation in advance.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

I do have one more question, since I also speak Hebrew., would I be assigned to operate more flights to Israel than non-Hebrew speakers or that doesn't count?
Thanks

21 months ago

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York said: Ok, I do have a serious question here; has anyone worked outside the United States within the last 10 years and had to provide any phone numbers of the facility where he/she used to work at in the application? I used to work for another Airlines company in the Middle East, at the work history section I had to provide non-US phone numbers and obviously that doesn't go through because it kept telling me there's an error with the red marked spaces at that section that has to be completed before submitting. I'm afraid that would affect my credibility at the application processing.
I'd be glad if I receive answers to my question., appreciation in advance.
Thanks.

I believe I would put in ten zeros and then in the section where it ask for the decription I would then put that contact number and note it is an international number and it couldn't be put in the above number section.

21 months ago

Delta Connection FA in Memphis, Tennessee said: I believe I would put in ten zeros and then in the section where it ask for the decription I would then put that contact number and note it is an international number and it couldn't be put in the above number section.

Well, I haven't done so..but I squeezed the number with the international code to be 10 numbers and fit in. How about speaking Hebrew? I actually speak three languages all fluently plus one more fairly. I hope that would help.

Follow My Dream in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

Delta Connection FA in Memphis, Tennessee said: My advice is to apply everywhere. Just consider the fact that you may or may not be successful at one or all of them. If you really want to be a Flight Attendant with a major just apply. If you get offered a job then you have a choice if you don't apply then no option for a choice.

Thank you Delta Connection FA I really appreciate your time and good advise. I will do just that.

lovesplanes in Milford, Connecticut

21 months ago

Can anyone tell me about the training program for US. Is it definitely going to be in PHX? Or can they also train in CLT? 5 or 6 weeks? Weekends off? Private hotel rooms, or roomates? Just curious about the general training program...Thanks for any advice and GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HOPEFULS!

21 months ago

I did have a question about training with US Airways... Do you remember how long training is and whether it is paid or unpaid? If it's unpaid, how much do you think a person would need to get through training before starting to work?

21 months ago

lovesplanes in Milford, Connecticut said: Can anyone tell me about the training program for US. Is it definitely going to be in PHX? Or can they also train in CLT? 5 or 6 weeks? Weekends off? Private hotel rooms, or roomates? Just curious about the general training program...Thanks for any advice and GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HOPEFULS!

That's funny, cuz I didn't see your post until after I submitted mine and we are both asking about training... =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jiggy_j in Forest City, North Carolina

21 months ago

I applied also. Anxious about the turnaround time from when to actually expect a call. Good luck everyone!

Wannafly in Hanover, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

When I applied I wasn't asked for any background information, just a few questions a resume attachment and done. Is this a bad sign? Also, I have no experience as a FA, however, I have 10+ years of customer service experience. Does US frown on not having FA experience?

JstKkcn

21 months ago

Wannafly in Hanover, Pennsylvania said: When I applied I wasn't asked for any background information, just a few questions a resume attachment and done. Is this a bad sign? Also, I have no experience as a FA, however, I have 10+ years of customer service experience. Does US frown on not having FA experience?

No sweat if you don't have experience as a flight attendant. Most of the people I was in training with had no previous experience as a flight attendant (neither did I). Position announcement states that "prior flight attendant and/or airline experience is not required or necessary." Your experience in customer service will be useful!

Initial Training is held in PHX - even if you're based on the East Coast. If you're based in PHL, DCA, or CLT, you'll continue your training on the East Coast after 4 1/2 wks of training in PHX. Training is unpaid, but the company will provide a hotel room (single room - no roommate). Someone asked about how much money you'll need in training - completely depends on your lifestyle and what kinds of financial obligations you have when you start training. Keep in mind things like meal expenses, able to keep paying your bills while you're in training. Also remember that the pay is really low (especially if you're PHX based) and the first few paychecks (depending on when you start flying) can be dismal. You may have moving expenses once you complete training, first months rent/security deposit and setting up utilities (depending on where you live). I planned for two and half months of no income so that I could continue to meet my financial obligations and made it work, but barely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

MainlineHopeful in Astoria, New York

21 months ago

So have callback began already from this last posting, or is that projected until sometime in November?

kunjay kumar in Kolkata, India

21 months ago

plzzzzzz let me know it will also be held in india for cabin crew vacancy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

I was told the phone interviews will start in November

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skyblueeyes03 in Northern, New Jersey

21 months ago

WANDERLUST in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was told the phone interviews will start in November

Was checking to see if anyone who applied last April who didnt get a CJO recently reapply receive a phone interview on this round?

21 months ago

I'd like to know if Hebrew language mentioned in my application and my attached resume could help me operating more flights to Israel...
Thanks..

Chicksj85@gmail.com in San Diego, California

21 months ago

I live in California, is it even possible for me to be a flight attendant out here in San Diego? There is an airport. Or is it always a relocation to those four bases you mentioned? Im not exactly sure how it works with bases.

21 months ago

Chicksj85@gmail.com in San Diego, California said: I live in California, is it even possible for me to be a flight attendant out here in San Diego? There is an airport. Or is it always a relocation to those four bases you mentioned? Im not exactly sure how it works with bases.

The site says you don't have to relocate to your base, but they do recommend it. I would imagine it will be difficult to commute back and forth when you are on reserve. Pretty sure there is a probationary period after training, so you can't be late or miss a shift without a legitimate reason, (e.g. plane is late doesn't count!), or risk being terminated.

JstKkcn

21 months ago

Chicksj85@gmail.com in San Diego, California said: I live in California, is it even possible for me to be a flight attendant out here in San Diego? There is an airport. Or is it always a relocation to those four bases you mentioned? Im not exactly sure how it works with bases.

Some people (a lot of folks, actually) commute out of SAN. It's possible, but risky. Helpful to think of commuting as another part-time job. You have to plan ahead and have a backup (flights get delayed, planes break) and since there are several folks who commute out of SAN, you'll be the junior kid trying to fight for a jumpseat, and since you'll be the junior kid you won't always win the fight. That said - it is do-able - just hard.

NyNa Sky in Orlando, Florida

21 months ago

I'm a US Airways flight attendant . I am happy to answer any questions you may have :) The application is posted on usairways.com! Click on careers>search jobs>inflight

Hi!! I just wanted to get a bit of information on how the hiring and training process works. I just completed my phone interview yesterday, should I have been offered a f2f interview then? I am very excited, yet extremely nervous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Just finished my phone interview and was invited to a F2F in early November!!! Hope this is finally my chance to become a F/A! Good Luck everyone :)

newtoChicago12 in Shaumburg, Illinois

21 months ago

For those of you already getting phone interviews, when did you apply? I just applied fairly recently so wasn't expecting a call so soon.

Futureflyer12 in Raleigh, North Carolina

21 months ago

I have my interview November 13th!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.