**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11851 to 11900 of 12000)
Page:  « First « Previous   235  236  237  238  239  240  Next »   Last »

SAVANNAH KOTCHEY in san antonio, Texas

6 months ago

Ready2FlyNow in Battle Creek, Michigan said: Got a phone call yesterday (actually 3 calls; missed the 1st 2) and finally got a F2F for Aug 26th. I'm so excited. I applied back in April and had my video cam shortly afterward. Kept checking my profile and the forum. So glad I hung in there!! Best wishes for all who have upcoming F2F's :)

Yayy, mine is the 26th as well! See you there! And good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hopeful in Thomasville, North Carolina

6 months ago

James Green 8923 in san franscisco, California said: I had a f2f for the 19th of Aug, got a call this morning saying they cancelled it due to scheduling conflicts, anybody know what's that about, I was looking forward to going

Sadly this happened to me six months ago. They never called me back... for some reason I think they disqualified my application. I even called to ask when I found out more f2f spots were open and was told to keep waiting. Oh well maybe a different airline is in my future. We will see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Green 8923 in san franscisco, California

6 months ago

idk how this is even possible, they do all the screening prior to scheduling your flight down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Yes James... "scheduling conflict" is code for something. I wish I had more answers:(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Green 8923 in san franscisco, California

6 months ago

When I talked to hr they said I wasn't the only one, they also said that the reason why was they couldn't get me a confirmed seat back so there you go, idk I'll keep following through and post when I know more

6 months ago

Excellent. We all want that hard to get f2f opportunity. I'd appreciate any updates. Good Luck!

Jazzyfoxxfa in Duncanville, Texas

6 months ago

I just called recruitment to check the status of my app and they said the next step is to do a phone interview. Now I applied back on April and I completed a video interview then as well. They also said they didn't show a video interview attached to my file which is very strange. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

USAIRSTEW2014 in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

Guys stop over thinking the process for one. Again they have not hired or interviewed over the summer. So they have people who's been waiting longer. They also have to really get you confirmed seats. It's still busy for us so revenue passenger will be before interviewees. Phoenix is a busy hubs with full planes. We are not completely merged yet so they can't fly you on American either. Don't be a pest calling HR either. It's a quick way to get yourself overlooked!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ready2FlyNow in Battle Creek, Michigan

6 months ago

SAVANNAH KOTCHEY in san antonio, Texas said: Yayy, mine is the 26th as well! See you there! And good luck!

Thanks Savannah! Good luck to you also!!! Did you receive your flight info yet? I received mine yesterday. So excited :) Hope there are no flight delays!

Ready2FlyNow in Battle Creek, Michigan

6 months ago

JUST BELIEVE in Houston, Texas said: Received my flight information and recruitment session instructions today for my F2F on 8/20 of this week. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Will update after my recruitment session.

Hi JUST BELIEVE,

Wondering how did everything go for your f2f this week. Hope it was a complete success! Anxiously awaiting your update :)

SAVANNAH KOTCHEY in san antonio, Texas

6 months ago

Yes, I did! For CHARLOTTE on the 26th, I'm so excited and hope that we get it! I have to be at my airport at like 515am, it's going to be a long day!lol

summer14 in Delaware

6 months ago

I have a face to face this week and was wondering if we have any choice over what hub city we are based out of? I know at the end of the day they will put us where they need us but I didn't know if we could rank where we would like to be or something? Also, to anyone who already works with US is there a hub you feel is better than others for any reason?

Dreamer in Nassau, Bahamas

6 months ago

Going to training in October. Anyone else going?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FromCoachToFirstClass in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

Hey everyone! I just had my FTF yesterday! I was extremely nervous and excited; I did a ton of research beforehand which made me even more nervous seeing as how it was supposed to a really intense process. It, honestly, wasn't bad at all. All of the recruiters were SO nice and so helpful although they were definitely watching everyone closely and jotting down notes. My advice, although cliché, is just be yourself. I ended up as one of the four to be chosen to go onto a one on one interview.

My question: I was under the impression that they let you know right away if you got a job offer. My interviewer said I should get a call or email in 24-48 hours which disappointed me a bit but after reading on here, that seems to be the new protocol, correct? I'm not sure if any of the other 3 that had one on ones received a job offer- if you're on here, let me know! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hoping... in Los Angeles, California

6 months ago

Dreamer in Nassau, Bahamas said: Going to training in October. Anyone else going?

Hey, for those of you that already went to the face-to-face interviews, are they only offering October training dates? Did they give you the exact dates and how long training is?

6 months ago

Hoping... in Los Angeles, California said: Hey, for those of you that already went to the face-to-face interviews, are they only offering October training dates? Did they give you the exact dates and how long training is?

I think they said mid October and 4 to 6 and a half weeks, unpaid, but housing and transportation provided.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

FromCoachToFirstClass in Chicago, Illinois said: I think they said mid October and 4 to 6 and a half weeks, unpaid, but housing and transportation provided.

Thanks so much, FromCoachToFirstClass! 4 to 6.5 wks. is kind of a big difference. Did they say it could be any of those lengths of time? Or you were just trying to remember the exact length of time they said?

Thank you again and I hope you make it!

6 months ago

Hoping... in Los Angeles, California said: Thanks so much, FromCoachToFirstClass! 4 to 6.5 wks. is kind of a big difference. Did they say it could be any of those lengths of time? Or you were just trying to remember the exact length of time they said?

Thank you again and I hope you make it!

They didn't, that was what was shown on the PowerPoint. In assuming it depends on the class size and how fast you learn the material/ pass the exams.

And thanks!

6 months ago

FromCoachToFirstClass in Chicago, Illinois said: They didn't, that was what was shown on the PowerPoint. In assuming it depends on the class size and how fast you learn the material/ pass the exams.

And thanks!

Oh, I see... Thanks a bunch and keep us posted!

6 months ago

Hoping... in Los Angeles, California said: Hey, for those of you that already went to the face-to-face interviews, are they only offering October training dates? Did they give you the exact dates and how long training is?

Training is 5 weeks long in Dallas.

6 months ago

Dreamer in Nassau, Bahamas said: Training is 5 weeks long in Dallas.

Thanks, Dreamer, and congrats on your training date!

Have you guys heard anything about when the merger with AA will be totally complete? I.e., when will you be able to bid for AA's bases?

6 months ago

Training is only 4 1/2 weeks in Dallas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lmullins in Atlanta, Georgia

6 months ago

So I applied back in February. I got the email for a video interview in March. I took it then played the waiting game. I got a phone call a week ago and I was offered a f2f and told the date, time and instructions. I was missing some work history and immediately updated it. I called back to let them know like they had asked. I have kept an constant eye out in my email (and junk folder) for the itinerary information they told me I would receive. I still haven't received anything. I called back today and was told that it could have been lost in the system but it was sent out and I should have it closer to my date (which is the 9th). Should I be worried? Is this a "nice" way of saying thanks but no thanks, or we changed our minds, etc? I'm driving myself crazy here, lol.

Kaay in New Orleans, Louisiana

6 months ago

Dont worry Imullinis, some similar happen to me and they changed my interview to the 9th! See u there!!

flygirl89 in Michigan

6 months ago

hi all US AIRWAYS posted Flight Attendnat Trainee today i just applied and wonder i heard they reduced a video interview and invite you direct to the f2f is it true ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

InLoveWithAviation in Virginia Beach, Virginia

6 months ago

FromCoachToFirstClass in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey everyone! I just had my FTF yesterday! I was extremely nervous and excited; I did a ton of research beforehand which made me even more nervous seeing as how it was supposed to a really intense process. It, honestly, wasn't bad at all. All of the recruiters were SO nice and so helpful although they were definitely watching everyone closely and jotting down notes. My advice, although cliché, is just be yourself. I ended up as one of the four to be chosen to go onto a one on one interview.

My question: I was under the impression that they let you know right away if you got a job offer. My interviewer said I should get a call or email in 24-48 hours which disappointed me a bit but after reading on here, that seems to be the new protocol, correct? I'm not sure if any of the other 3 that had one on ones received a job offer- if you're on here, let me know! :)

Hi!!! I just did my face to face. We all got sent home and no one got pulled back for "more paper work" and a face to face. At the very beginning of the session they told us that today wasn't an interview but a recruitment day. I'm so confused at seeing no one got pulled away. Is this normal? We were told we would hear back in 48hrs but they told us all that. Does that mean we all got cut? :-/

6 months ago

InLoveWithAviation in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Hi!!! I just did my face to face. We all got sent home and no one got pulled back for "more paper work" and a face to face. At the very beginning of the session they told us that today wasn't an interview but a recruitment day. I'm so confused at seeing no one got pulled away. Is this normal? We were told we would hear back in 48hrs but they told us all that. Does that mean we all got cut? :-/[/

All I will say is that the process is always changing.The recruitment team reads these boards BELIEVE IT! So if you are selected I would advise you not post anything on this forum about the process. Secondly and as I always say trust the process!! They will inform you properly all in due time. In the mean time, continue your quests to become flight attendants. It took me 7 years and SEVERAL interviews before I became mainline. Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California

6 months ago

I applied on American and got a verification email and then it switched me over to US Airways. I got the thank you email for applying at American and I just got an invite for a video from US Airways.

I know they merged but it is confusing. Do they have different web sites, or are they all connected now? Is this invite from US Airways the same as the American invite or will American possibly contact me also?

BostonFA in Melrose, Massachusetts

6 months ago

Well that's interesting...I dont even know. I just applied and my email was from American. Well the job itself is for US Airways side according to the job application. They have merged, but probably still separate entities internally at the moment. That's just my assumption.

Cupcakesflohr in Swamsit, Maryland

6 months ago

So guys everything is changing at US airways now with the merger... I've been flying for 10 months now and we get all these changes about every 2 months or so. There is so much to change so they have to do it slowly and in waves. So my interview was so different... we knew the same day if we were hired but I know American didn't tell you the same day and their overall process is extremely long and drawn out. Our training has already moved to Dallas (I was trained in Phoenix)... US airways training was about 4 1/2 weeks and american is like 8. So maybe since they are still changing so many things they didn't know exactly how long the training would be. Let me tell you... I wanted to be done after the 2nd week of being in that classroom 6 days a week for 9 hours... (although I do miss all the fun we had together) I don't know how I'd get through 8!! Especially not being paid! US airways training had absolutely no training for service.. like how to serve meals and stuff, they just kind of let you figure it out when you had to do it. But now I hear they train that, so maybe that's why it's longer. It was kind of nice, like they respected our time in training by not keeping us there for too long & waste time on service training since service is the type of thing that everyone is going to do however they want anyways.

But we are not fully merged yet... and don't we expect it to be totally finished for another year or two. We only fly with other US airways crews and on US airways airplanes. Our uniforms aren't even the same yet, and they say that's going to take another year too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cupcakesflohr in Swamsit, Maryland

6 months ago

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California said: I applied on American and got a verification email and then it switched me over to US Airways. I got the thank you email for applying at American and I just got an invite for a video from US Airways.

I know they merged but it is confusing. Do they have different web sites, or are they all connected now? Is this invite from US Airways the same as the American invite or will American possibly contact me also?

oh it's all the same website to apply now. If you go back and look you'll see the US airways logo next to "trainee flight attendant" that means it's for US air side. all the other ones where you need to know a language are for AA side

flyairline in Laguna Niguel, California

6 months ago

Cupcakesflohr in Swamsit, Maryland said: oh it's all the same website to apply now. If you go back and look you'll see the US airways logo next to "trainee flight attendant" that means it's for US air side. all the other ones where you need to know a language are for AA side

Thank you for all the info:)

Jimmy F/A US Airways in San Francisco, California

6 months ago

Dreamer in Nassau, Bahamas said: Going to training in October. Anyone else going?

What is your training date, if you don't mind me asking?

MacGyver626 in El Paso, Texas

6 months ago

I just applied to US Airways, and I just got an email for an invite to the Video Interview. I'm just wondering how the Video Interview is? Questions that may be asked, how long, and just what they are looking for. If anyone can help that be great. It would just be so amazing to work for such an amazing company.

6 months ago

Jimmy F/A US Airways in San Francisco, California said: What is your training date, if you don't mind me asking?

I start Oct 6th.

IberianGem in New York

6 months ago

I opened a new Forum for this new round of hiring in 2014... posts comments here if you would like... US AIRWAYS HIRING FAs 2014
www.indeed.com/forum/job/flight-attendant/US-AIRWAYS-HIRING-FAs-2014/t490526

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

miss charter air in Dallas, Texas

6 months ago

Does USAir still give per deim during training, is it now Dallas,is it 4 & half weeks, anyone who knows currently whats going on?

6 months ago

miss charter air in Dallas, Texas said: Does USAir still give per deim during training, is it now Dallas,is it 4 & half weeks, anyone who knows currently whats going on?

There is no pay what so ever doing initial training. Matter of fact it takes almost a month to get paid after training! Good luck in training.

US Airways Video Interview in Clifton, Virginia

6 months ago

I received the invitation to complete the video interview from US Airways...Does anyone know how long US Airways allow for you to
complete the video interview?

retroFA in Cypress, Texas

6 months ago

USAIRSTEW2014 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi I was hired in May went to training in June. I'm based in PHX....which you all will get if hired. Our class all went to PHX plus half the class before us. They just offered base transfer to DCA after a couples months of nothing. One of the trainers which trained me told me that classes begin in Oct. 2 classes scheduled then. There is a long line of accepted people waiting for training. Depending upon the class sizes and the number of classes they offer a month it could be next year before a class for you now just getting face to face. I could be wrong!! Best of luck!!! Btw I will NOT share any interview process cause it's not fare to the process!! All the advice I can give is do the activities they ask and be yourself!! Everybody hates that advice, but everyone is not cut out for this job!! The first year is hard and it takes strong minded independent mature people to handle. Your life will be in limbo until you adjust to reserve life which is not easy!!! Believe me this is my 3rd airline . And for you prior airline people, they care nothing about it during your interview process.

USAIRSTEW;
Could you elaborate on the reserve system there? Do you plan to stay on it for years?

DAJ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

I live in Philly and US Airways has a base in Philly. So, what are the chances a 49 year old would get based in Philly? Just thinking out loud while waiting for a yay or nay about my application. I'm still going for it anyway.

DreamsofHerFAWings in N/A, Ohio

6 months ago

Good day
I have a question I just applied about a day or two ago then it saved application saved successfuly but it does not show in my files expect my one for CSA under rievew for months and my archieve of FA position 2013 and in Jan 2014- so it is over 6 mos

Should it not show unless because I failed twic for the FA position I no longer can apply period

born2fly79 in Bristow, Virginia

6 months ago

US Airways Flight Attendant Training is now at the American Airlines Flight Academy in Dallas. It's now 6 weeks. They do train you on service and this is why it is longer now. It is unpaid but they provide housing and food during the while in class. There is a really great cafeteria on campus that you eat at that is really actually quite good.

Best of luck to everyone!

suzypjfl in Apopka, Florida

6 months ago

DAJ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I live in Philly and US Airways has a base in Philly. So, what are the chances a 49 year old would get based in Philly? Just thinking out loud while waiting for a yay or nay about my application. I'm still going for it anyway.

I would say it is possible, but it depends on their needs at the time that you are hired. From what I recall, they share at the F2F that you may be on Reserve as long as 10 years...but you can submit a request to transfer bases. One of the recruiters shared that she got to Charlotte, her home, in less than 2 years. Wish I could remember more!
Best of Luck!

Debi

6 months ago

Hello all :-) I just did my video interview yesterday 9/1/2014. Just wondering if/what the average time is to hear a reply. I know you get one if your invited to the F2F? Anything otherwise? Hope you all did well. Thanks

Airbunny in Bronx, New York

6 months ago

Any current US Airways f/a's, are y'all able to fly your he's or just collection minimum right now?

6 months ago

I mean he's, ha!

6 months ago

Seriously, spell check! I keep meaning hours - are y'all able to fly your option, I.e., 85, 95, etc?

SkyDoll in East Wareham, Massachusetts

6 months ago

Has anyone had any issues with their application?? I can't seem to submit mine because I have these supposedly errors in my work history (which it won't show me) and my education has errors next to where the proper response is. It doesn't show my schools in my summary and I have to reenter them every time I log back in! I don't want to miss this opportunity! PLEASE HELP!

FlightLife in sf, California

6 months ago

Close all work history gaps of more than 30 days and extend it back to 07/2004, & education delete allllllll boxes and reenter it. Hope that works!

Page:  « First « Previous   235  236  237  238  239  240  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.