**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 12000)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Futureflyer12 in Raleigh, North Carolina

28 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Interview is in CLT?

Actually that's a good question because she never told me where she just told me when and that I would be sent information. I would assume if it was in Charlotte they would not be flying me out because I live 2 hours from there but I'm not positive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

28 months ago

Futureflyer12 in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Actually that's a good question because she never told me where she just told me when and that I would be sent information. I would assume if it was in Charlotte they would not be flying me out because I live 2 hours from there but I'm not positive.

Thanks for that. If you don't mind one more question...was this your first time applying to them? (Others who also got called on here said they applied in April as well as last week). Just trying to figure out the pattern, if there is one!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Thanks for that. If you don't mind one more question...was this your first time applying to them? (Others who also got called on here said they applied in April as well as last week). Just trying to figure out the pattern, if there is one!

I applied back in April and was e-mailed the position had been filled and then I applied again this opening. ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

28 months ago

Futureflyer12 in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Actually that's a good question because she never told me where she just told me when and that I would be sent information. I would assume if it was in Charlotte they would not be flying me out because I live 2 hours from there but I'm not positive.

See you there!!! Lol thats funny, cause she didn't actually say where it would be held. I guess I just assumed CLT.

28 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: See you there!!! Lol thats funny, cause she didn't actually say where it would be held. I guess I just assumed CLT.

aw yay! Yeah I was hoping it would be Charlotte but who knows!

Flying

28 months ago

When can I reapply? I got the rejection leextter the next day.which is weird since I have prior flying experience. Can I appky again right now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York

28 months ago

Excuse me! What rejection "letter"?! People haven't even gotten enough time to check your application and reply with a "rejection letter"!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I wonder if there's a timeline for the phone interviews to start., does anyone have an idea when this may start?
Thanks

flying in Freeport, Illinois

28 months ago

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York said: Excuse me! What rejection "letter"?! People haven't even gotten enough time to check your application and reply with a "rejection letter"!!

Thank you for your interest in the Trainee Flight Attendant - E position at our CLT/DCA/PHL location.

We are fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates. At this time, we have decided to move forward in the selection process with other candidates whose qualifications and experience fit more closely with the position.

Again, we appreciate the interest in our organization. If you are interested in other career opportunities with us, please visit our career site click here or copy and paste this link usairways.greatjob.net.

Kind regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways

I dont get it either....should I reapply? What does everyone think? I applied the night before I got the letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Tempe, Arizona

28 months ago

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York said: I wonder if there's a timeline for the phone interviews to start., does anyone have an idea when this may start?
Thanks

That is what I am wondering I never got that letter either. okay we have to keep positive...:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I just checked my profile for this and it says under review...how are you all getting the rejection letter omg it has not been even two weeks since they posted the new ad..Anyway I just noticed that this is for clt...hmmm interesting anyway going to keep the faith maybe we all that did not get the rejection letters will be getting the phone interviews soon...okay talk to you soon...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Futureflyer12 in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I applied back in April and was e-mailed the position had been filled and then I applied again this opening. ;-)

okay I did the same...good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jiggy_j in Charlotte, North Carolina

28 months ago

I didn't receive the rejection letter or a phone call as of yet either....hopefully, we'll all know something by the end of the week one way or another...good luck!

rebecca gibson in charlotte, North Carolina

28 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey said: Thanks for the info Flight-Attendant9019! I had a f2f for USAir on April 5th of this year, but didn't make it all the way. Do you know if one has to wait 6 months, or a year to re-apply?

Where or what website do I need to go
To? I worked for piedmont airlines as a
Gate agent in Charlotte, would love to
Apply!! Thank you for this post
Can you send me a email at nanashelper@ yahoo.com

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia

28 months ago

If I do not hear back for this position, does the 6 month rule apply if I want to fill out the application for the PHX base when it opens up? Or can I apply to that even if I don't hear back from this position? Thanks

28 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Just finished my phone interview and was invited to a F2F in early November!!! Hope this is finally my chance to become a F/A! Good Luck everyone :)

Hi, I wonder how the phone interview goes in general and what kind of questions we should expect if we hopefully make through..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I basically had to update my résumé which I've attached with my application and put the phone numbers of my previous employers within the last 10 years as much as I could, hopefully that will be understandable since I couldn't have put the full international phone numbers ( as I used to work in different places around the world ) in place in the application, however there was no way to submit the app without these numbers, I hope that won't be taken as a discrepancy.
Thanks

FA_hopeful in Denver, Colorado

28 months ago

JstKkcn said: No sweat if you don't have experience as a flight attendant . Most of the people I was in training with had no previous experience as a flight attendant (neither did I). Position announcement states that "prior flight attendant and/or airline experience is not required or necessary." Your experience in customer service will be useful!

Initial Training is held in PHX - even if you're based on the East Coast. If you're based in PHL, DCA, or CLT, you'll continue your training on the East Coast after 4 1/2 wks of training in PHX. Training is unpaid, but the company will provide a hotel room (single room - no roommate). Someone asked about how much money you'll need in training - completely depends on your lifestyle and what kinds of financial obligations you have when you start training. Keep in mind things like meal expenses, able to keep paying your bills while you're in training. Also remember that the pay is really low (especially if you're PHX based) and the first few paychecks (depending on when you start flying) can be dismal. You may have moving expenses once you complete training, first months rent/security deposit and setting up utilities (depending on where you live). I planned for two and half months of no income so that I could continue to meet my financial obligations and made it work, but barely.

! That's helpful. Hope I get a call soon :)

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

28 months ago

WANDERLUST in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was told the phone interviews will start in November

wow really, That is kewl guess the ones that did not get rejection letters will be in the running. I keep looking at the posting and it says clt inflight base..not sure what that means or are they just hiring for clt..okay would love to meet all of you in training if I get this..I live in phx and have been a flight attendant before hope that dont hurt me cause I know in the past they were frowning on that..but hopefuylly that has changed okay good luck everyone hope to get the phone call talk to you all sonn..rh

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

28 months ago

flying in Freeport, Illinois said: Thank you for your interest in the Trainee Flight Attendant - E position at our CLT/DCA/PHL location.

We are fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates. At this time, we have decided to move forward in the selection process with other candidates whose qualifications and experience fit more closely with the position.

Again, we appreciate the interest in our organization. If you are interested in other career opportunities with us, please visit our career site click here or copy and paste this link usairways.greatjob.net .

Kind regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways

I dont get it either....should I reapply? What does everyone think? I applied the night before I got the letter.

nope never got this letter so hopefully this is good news well a post on here said they will be doing phone interviews for nov hope I am one of them..

28 months ago

So why go to all that trouble if you will
Not make any money for 2 months?
If then, I remember a piedmont flight
Attendant told me they start out at 19 an
Hour but it takes a good 5 years to really
Start making money, US airways is not
A stable airline anyway, but there are some
Cute FO and pilots. But the passengers
Can be mean,rude!!! I worked in CLT for
4 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Just received an email confirming my interview day in November. Luckily its in CLT! It ended up in my spam folder somehow... So everyone be sure to check all your folders in your email just in case :)

Lady2fly in Florida

28 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Just received an email confirming my interview day in November. Luckily its in CLT! It ended up in my spam folder somehow... So everyone be sure to check all your folders in your email just in case :)

Good Job :-) and good luck... Say when did you apply?

JstKkcn in Mesa, Arizona

28 months ago

rebecca gibson in charlotte, North Carolina said: So why go to all that trouble if you will
Not make any money for 2 months?
If then, I remember a piedmont flight
Attendant told me they start out at 19 an
Hour but it takes a good 5 years to really
Start making money, US airways is not
A stable airline anyway, but there are some
Cute FO and pilots. But the passengers
Can be mean,rude!!! I worked in CLT for
4 years

Sorry you've had such a frustrating experience with US Airways. As with Piedmont, it can take some time for a flight attendant to start making money with any airline, that's just a reality of this industry. Since training for US Airways Initial Flight Attendant Training is unpaid, it can be a while before the first paycheck. I'm not sure that I'd agree that US Airways is an unstable airline (despite the contract battle with its crew) - they've consistently posted profits and are doing quite well. And despite the (SOME) cute pilots, every airline has it's fair share of rude and mean passengers. Best of luck to you with whichever airline you find suits you :-)

28 months ago

Well, when did you have the phone interview first of all?

28 months ago

We all wish you good luck:-)

28 months ago

Ok, guy! I just received a rejection letter afew minutes ago, literally afew minutes ago! Saying that my experience is impressive however they decided to continue with candidates who have more specific required qualifications or whatsoever lol..I wish everyone a good luck and I'd proceed with different airlines;-)
Good luck again..

28 months ago

Lady2fly in Florida said: Good Job :-) and good luck... Say when did you apply?

Thank you:) I applied on October 16th and I did my phone interview yesterday. The phone interview was pretty standard with a bunch of customer service scenario questions. It took about 20 minutes and at the end she invited me to a training on the 13th of November. She said that would be the next interview day that was available... so I'm guessing there are some before then too.

Lady2fly in Florida

28 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Thank you:) I applied on October 16th and I did my phone interview yesterday. The phone interview was pretty standard with a bunch of customer service scenario questions. It took about 20 minutes and at the end she invited me to a training on the 13th of November. She said that would be the next interview day that was available... so I'm guessing there are some before then too.

Excellent news!!! Thank you again... I applied around same time, maybe see you in Nov.!!!

28 months ago

I've already been rejected in a "nice" "formal" way half an hour ago through an email sent by them. I assume those unintentional discrepancies between my resume and the online application were the main reason for rejection., I even guess that probably the fact that I used to live and work for a long time outside the united states was hindering them to verify my credibility regarding my work history..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paristokyo1 in Boone, North Carolina

28 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Thank you:) I applied on October 16th and I did my phone interview yesterday. The phone interview was pretty standard with a bunch of customer service scenario questions. It took about 20 minutes and at the end she invited me to a training on the 13th of November. She said that would be the next interview day that was available... so I'm guessing there are some before then too.

Are you a language specific candidate? If so which language?

Tamtee in Makawao, Hawaii

28 months ago

Did they email you to schedule the interview?

28 months ago

Paristokyo1 in Boone, North Carolina said: Are you a language specific candidate? If so which language?

I do not speak another language.

28 months ago

Tamtee in Makawao, Hawaii said: Did they email you to schedule the interview?

No they scheduled the interview right after the phone interview and the email was just to confirm the date, time and place. It also told me what to bring on the interview day and sent an attached form for me to fill out and bring to the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tamtee in Austin, Texas

28 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: No they scheduled the interview right after the phone interview and the email was just to confirm the date, time and place. It also told me what to bring on the interview day and sent an attached form for me to fill out and bring to the interview.

Sorry, I meant the phone Interview. Did they schedule the phone interview with you?

28 months ago

Tamtee in Austin, Texas said: Sorry, I meant the phone Interview. Did they schedule the phone interview with you?

No they just called out of the blue. Number showed up as 00. Almost didn't answer.. lol

Tamtee in Makawao, Hawaii

28 months ago

Just got my rejection letter. I don't know why, but I guess I'd just have to reapply.

Paristokyo1 in Boone, North Carolina

28 months ago

Tamtee in Makawao, Hawaii said: Just got my rejection letter. I don't know why, but I guess I'd just have to reapply.

When did you apply?

arare1 in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

Hi Sorry to hear about your rejection letter. But keep trying. When did you apply? I applied on the 16th of Oct and haven't heard anything yet. My status on their website says "under review". Hope I get an interview.

28 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: Plan on being on reserve for a long time. I'm based in PHL and have been on reserve for 5 years.

On reserve for 5 years? Wow how can you
Make any money like that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

followmydream in Absecon, New Jersey

28 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: Plan on being on reserve for a long time. I'm based in PHL and have been on reserve for 5 years.

Tonyaflygirl - Thank you for the information re: reserve. Could you give us an idea (average/typical/approx.) of how many days a week/month you actually are flying? As you are based in PHL and have been on reserve for 5 years, I'm trying to get a rough idea of how many days on average per week/month we should expect realistically to be away from home if we are lucky enough to get a cjo from US Airways. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania

28 months ago

rebecca gibson in charlotte, North Carolina said: On reserve for 5 years? Wow how can you
Make any money like that?

You cant! Trust me I sit more then anything. Its not so glamorous but when you do work. its fun

28 months ago

followmydream in Absecon, New Jersey said: Tonyaflygirl - Thank you for the information re: reserve. Could you give us an idea (average/typical/approx.) of how many days a week/month you actually are flying? As you are based in PHL and have been on reserve for 5 years, I'm trying to get a rough idea of how many days on average per week/month we should expect realistically to be away from home if we are lucky enough to get a cjo from US Airways. Thanks again.

I am based in PHL as well, and I sit more then anything I one of the most junior F/A's you would think there would always be re-crews and I would be working all the time because I am so junior... I DON'T. I worked this month 2 one day trips and a 4 day trip. that is it. But you have to be here when your on duty... so you are going to be away from your family on duty days. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I worked as a gate agent for 4 years
For US Air Express I loved it!!!
Would love to be a flight attendant!!!
But I have only been married for 2 years
And being based in Philly, would not be
Good I would have to rent a apartment
Then be on reserve, making no
Money!! Charlotte Douglass is where I worked
I would love to be based there!!
Well good luck to all who make it!!!

followmydream in Absecon, New Jersey

28 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: I am based in PHL as well, and I sit more then anything I one of the most junior F/A's you would think there would always be re-crews and I would be working all the time because I am so junior... I DON'T. I worked this month 2 one day trips and a 4 day trip. that is it. But you have to be here when your on duty... so you are going to be away from your family on duty days. Hope this helps.

Flight-Attendant9019. Thanks SO much! That really helps alot and I appreciate your quick response. Wow, I was thinking that the junior F/A's would be flying non-stop. Besides not flying alot, how are you enjoying your career with US Airways?

followmydream in Barnegat, New Jersey

28 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: You cant! Trust me I sit more then anything. Its not so glamorous but when you do work. its fun

With a schedule like that, is it possible to work a part-time job to earn extra money when you are not flying?

28 months ago

followmydream in Absecon, New Jersey said: Flight-Attendant9019. Thanks SO much! That really helps alot and I appreciate your quick response. Wow, I was thinking that the junior F/A's would be flying non-stop. Besides not flying alot, how are you enjoying your career with US Airways?

Yea no problem! and I enjoy it alot, it's a fun job when you do work, and I just make it work for me and I stay away from bitter flight attendants lol. This really is a great job and it gets better year after year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

followmydream in Barnegat, New Jersey said: With a schedule like that, is it possible to work a part-time job to earn extra money when you are not flying?

Yes, I just got a part time job actually... you just have to learn how our system works and when your comfortable with that. apply for something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JstKkcn

28 months ago

In PHX we fly a bit more (there are downsides to PHX - less rsv guarantee and lower pay). In June, I sat three days; July, I flew everyday I was on reserve except one; same with August and sat three days in September and three in October. I've consistently been able to earn 100+ hours per month. I suppose despite being "too by the book" as my colleague on the east said earlier in this thread, there are some advantages to PHX base afterall.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Betsy3927 in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

So I just had a phone interview yesterday and was told the same thing in the end about my info being sent to a recruiter. Anyone that has gotten that response, have you heard anything back from them yet? Positive or negative? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.