**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 11989)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

landlocked hopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

After the phone interview today, I was also told my info would be sent to a recruiter. It's a little nerve-racking but I'm still trying to stay positive. It's hard when in some earlier forums or posts people who got to the phone interview got an ok for f2f interviews in the same call. I hope our questions get answered too, I'm anxious to know what's going on!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

landlocked hopeful in Thomasville, North Carolina

26 months ago

I had a phone interview today and was scheduled for an interview on 11/15. Hope this helps.

missge74 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

I hope this helps anyone who has questions. I had my phone interview this afternoon around 12:30 or 1:00 they scheduled me for an interview for 11/15/2012.I applied 10/20/2012.They told me to check my e-mail for information concerning a flight and other directions for the interview. he advised me the interview would be in CLT, so I probably will not be needing flight arrangements, but he did take info from me just in case somethings where to change hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

26 months ago

Just received my flight information for my interview in CLT on 11/13. The 1st email sent right after the phone interview said my interview would be at 9am and this recent email has changed it to the 11am session. Guess I should call to confirm which email is correct.... Wouldn't want to miss the interview lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pookie in Marshfield, Massachusetts

26 months ago

How long was the phone interview? I have gotten 2 messages to call back, I did return one. Now we have had the hurricane yesterday and today. Once we got power back I got a message someone in recruiting called again. I am very interested but feel the phone tag may deter them from my application. Any words of wisdom?

26 months ago

so I guess if you don't get scheduled a f2f in the same call as the original phone it doesn't really bode well? Anyone get told they'd be contact later by a recruiter and STILL make it through? *sigh...

Pookie in Marshfield, Massachusetts

26 months ago

landlocked hopeful in Charlotte, North Carolina said: After the phone interview today, I was also told my info would be sent to a recruiter. It's a little nerve-racking but I'm still trying to stay positive. It's hard when in some earlier forums or posts people who got to the phone interview got an ok for f2f interviews in the same call. I hope our questions get answered too, I'm anxious to know what's going on!

How long was the phone interview? I have gotten 2 messages to call back, I did return one. Now we have had the hurricane yesterday and today. Once we got power back I got a message someone in recruiting called again. I am very interested but feel the phone tag may deter them from my application. Any words of wisdom?

26 months ago

Pookie in Marshfield, Massachusetts said: How long was the phone interview? I have gotten 2 messages to call back, I did return one. Now we have had the hurricane yesterday and today. Once we got power back I got a message someone in recruiting called again. I am very interested but feel the phone tag may deter them from my application. Any words of wisdom?

It took about 20 minutes, the lady I spoke with just asked a few scenario questions about the previous jobs I've carried. How do you handle high stress situations, difficult coworkers, unreasonable requests. etc. I felt confident but I'm not so sure now that I haven't gotten a scheduled interview in the same call...but good luck!

Tamtee in Honolulu, Hawaii

26 months ago

Paristokyo1 in Boone, North Carolina said: When did you apply?

0ct 15 ... Or 16

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Tamtee in Honolulu, Hawaii said: 0ct 15 ... Or 16

Sorry you did not get in this time. Try American Airlines since US Airways is in the process of acquiring AA. They are looking to hire 1500.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bkostic in Greensboro, North Carolina

26 months ago

missge74 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I hope this helps anyone who has questions. I had my phone interview this afternoon around 12:30 or 1:00 they scheduled me for an interview for 11/15/2012.I applied 10/20/2012.They told me to check my e-mail for information concerning a flight and other directions for the interview. he advised me the interview would be in CLT, so I probably will not be needing flight arrangements, but he did take info from me just in case somethings where to change hope this helps.

Hi! I had my phone interview and I am flying from Greensboro to Charlotte on 11/15 for an interview as well! What time is your interview??

26 months ago

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Sorry you did not get in this time. Try American Airlines since US Airways is in the process of acquiring AA. They are looking to hire 1500.

Where do you go to apply for AA? I can't find it on the website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

26 months ago

bkostic in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Where do you go to apply for AA? I can't find it on the website.

The AA flight attendant posting wont be open until 11/05/2012. It will be on the website in the careers section.

Nole in Tallahassee, Florida

26 months ago

Was offered a F2F and asked what airport I would be traveling from, I informed him Tallahassee. He then stated they don't fly there. I said US Airways Express has 4 daily non stops to CLT. He said we can't fly on US Airways Express!?!? We have to fly mainline. He then offered TPA which is 4 hours away! Anybody know anything about this? I believe someone on here said they're flying in from Greensboro which I'm pretty sure is an Express route.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Nole in Tallahassee, Florida said: Was offered a F2F and asked what airport I would be traveling from, I informed him Tallahassee. He then stated they don't fly there. I said US Airways Express has 4 daily non stops to CLT. He said we can't fly on US Airways Express!?!? We have to fly mainline. He then offered TPA which is 4 hours away! Anybody know anything about this? I believe someone on here said they're flying in from Greensboro which I'm pretty sure is an Express route.

I am from Augusta... they wouldn't fly me to CLT either bec its express... so if you want it bad enough... like I did then you just have to find a way to make it work :)

SouthernCutie21 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

Hey ladies,
How long after submitting your application did you get a call for the telephone interview? I put mine in a few days ago and it's still saying under review. Which I am guessing is a good thing, but it's just a little nerve wrecking. Any input would be awesome.

26 months ago

Nole in Tallahassee, Florida said: Was offered a F2F and asked what airport I would be traveling from, I informed him Tallahassee. He then stated they don't fly there. I said US Airways Express has 4 daily non stops to CLT. He said we can't fly on US Airways Express!?!? We have to fly mainline. He then offered TPA which is 4 hours away! Anybody know anything about this? I believe someone on here said they're flying in from Greensboro which I'm pretty sure is an Express route.

I am flying from Greensboro to Charlotte with US Air. They are one of the main airlines that go out of the airport here so I guess I lucked out. Good luck!

Onthewingsoflove in Gaffney, South Carolina

26 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: Hello Everyone!

**We are starting out initial hiring process this weekend --- online you should be able to apply flight attendants --east and west-- (Please note anything could always change in the airline industry) We are planning for numerous new hire classes starting in January 2013-- and Interview will more then likely start in November. Any questions? I will certainly try to help as much as I can.

Hi,
This is all good to know. I just had my telephone interview on yesterday, November 1st, 2012. I was informed afterwards that had been selected to the next hirining process which is a F2F in Charlotte, NC on Wednesday, November 28th. I am too excited, as becoming a Flight Attendant has always been a dream of mines, and now I'm at a point in my life where I might finally have an opportunity to live out this dream.

SouthernCutieJ21 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

Onthewingsoflove in Gaffney, South Carolina said: Hi,
This is all good to know. I just had my telephone interview on yesterday, November 1st, 2012. I was informed afterwards that had been selected to the next hirining process which is a F2F in Charlotte, NC on Wednesday, November 28th. I am too excited, as becoming a Flight Attendant has always been a dream of mines, and now I'm at a point in my life where I might finally have an opportunity to live out this dream.

Hey congrats!!! You have lots of time to prepare. When did you initially apply if you don't mind me asking?

Onthewingsoflove in Gaffney, South Carolina

26 months ago

SouthernCutieJ21 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey congrats!!! You have lots of time to prepare. When did you initially apply if you don't mind me asking?

I applied this past Monday, October 29, 2012

26 months ago

I remember how excited I was when I passed the phone interview and then went for the F2F in CLT. Just be yourself!! I am super bubbly and I have alot of energy and I knew after my F2F That I got it simply because I was confident and my Interviewer was feeding off my excitement. I hope all of you that really want this , get it!!! I absolutely love it.

26 months ago

SouthernCutie21 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey ladies,
How long after submitting your application did you get a call for the telephone interview? I put mine in a few days ago and it's still saying under review. Which I am guessing is a good thing, but it's just a little nerve wrecking. Any input would be awesome.

when I did this back in April I got a call a few days later for a phone interview

Up Up and Away in Dallas, Texas

26 months ago

Has anyone who had a previous interview and reapplied been called for a second time. I went last year to Phoenix and my status says still under review. I submitted new application today for position that was just posted this morning.

SouthernCutie21 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

I guess as should hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone.

flygirl117 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

SouthernCutie21 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey ladies,

I put in my application on wed 10/24 and received a phone interview today and was then scheduled for a f2f on 11/29.

26 months ago

I'm excited to hear that those of you who were scheduled f2f will be doing so in Charlotte. I'm in Charlotte, and I was asked which airport I'd like to fly out of for the interview! I wonder if they are changing locations or if that was just a standard question that had to be asked...

26 months ago

I am so excited to say that I had a phone interview today as well. I was also offered a f2f for the 29th in Charlotte. I cannot wait!!

26 months ago

SouthernCutieJ21 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am so excited to say that I had a phone interview today as well. I was also offered a f2f for the 29th in Charlotte. I cannot wait!!

Congrats! I'm just beside myself with excitement! Did they send you a followup email yet or give you a timeline for further communication? I haven't received anything yet.

Luggage with wheels in Kingsland, Georgia

26 months ago

I am so excited!!!

26 months ago

flygirl117 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Congrats! I'm just beside myself with excitement! Did they send you a followup email yet or give you a timeline for further communication? I haven't received anything yet.

As am I, I was all smiles after I got off the phone with them. No I hadn't gotten anything yet. I was just wondering why I hadn't seen anything from them.

Ramiz Yacoub in New York, New York

26 months ago

Is it possible to tell us what type of questions they ask you on the phone interview?:-)

Thanks

Jstaneastnc in Jacksonville, North Carolina

26 months ago

I have a face to face interview on the 28th! Question though, I had my phone interview 2 days ago and I have yet to receive the first initial email that I'm seeing other people have gotten instantly?...kinda confused not sure if I should call back or not...give it a couple days? Also checked my spam stuff it's not there either...anyone else run into this problem?

Winglover in Hudson, New York

26 months ago

I had my phone interview 2 days ago as well, and still have not received my confirmation email! At least I know I'm not alone! I called and left a message asking when I should receive it.

Luggage with wheels in Kingsland, Georgia

26 months ago

I got my confirmation email a few days after my phone interview! You will be getting it soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Hey ladies so I've read through this post as well as the one from 2012 and don't see much about attire. Would it be acceptable to wear my hair down for my f2f interview? My hair is fairly long however I would be flat ironed and very neat. All input welcome, and thanks in advanced.

italiangirl in Wheaton, Illinois

26 months ago

I was at a united flight attendant interview today. A majority of the women wore their long hair down. A few had them in updos. DO not know if that helps you.

26 months ago

italiangirl in Wheaton, Illinois said: I was at a united flight attendant interview today. A majority of the women wore their long hair down. A few had them in updos. DO not know if that helps you.

Thanx for your input. How did your interview go?

italiangirl in Bartlett, Illinois

26 months ago

thanks for asking. Well I did not get invited to training ha so I guess it did not go well. It was an experience though. Anyways most of the women there were all dressed in suits a mix of skirt suits and pant suits. Mostly black or navy. They asked me about 12 questions and my interview lasted maybe 12 minutes. When is your interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

italiangirl in Bartlett, Illinois said: thanks for asking. Well I did not get invited to training ha so I guess it did not go well. It was an experience though. Anyways most of the women there were all dressed in suits a mix of skirt suits and pant suits. Mostly black or navy. They asked me about 12 questions and my interview lasted maybe 12 minutes. When is your interview?

Hey! If you don't mind my asking...what kind of questions did they ask you?

italiangirl in Carol Stream, Illinois

26 months ago

they asked me what job did you have that most relates to the flight attendant job, describe a time when you had to deal with a customer at a inconvient time, I dont like when customers...fill in the blank, what do you not like about your current job, how do you feel about relocating?

26 months ago

italiangirl in Carol Stream, Illinois said: they asked me what job did you have that most relates to the flight attendant job, describe a time when you had to deal with a customer at a inconvient time, I dont like when customers...fill in the blank, what do you not like about your current job, how do you feel about relocating?

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Pretty generic questions. Did you have just a one on one interview or was it a group interview as well?

italiangirl in Carol Stream, Illinois

26 months ago

just a one on one no group interview with united. There were about 100 people there.

26 months ago

Thanx for your input Italian. Sorry to hear that you were not able to progress. My interview is on the 29th, so I hope to make the best of the time available. I know that American is opening applications this Monday 11/5 have you decided if you're going to apply?

italiangirl in Wheaton, Illinois

26 months ago

I guess I will try not sure if I want to go thru the whole process again with a major airline. Maybe it is easier to get in with a regional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gregisreadytofly in indianapolis, Indiana

26 months ago

Hello everyone I got my email for my flight confirmation yesterday, this my second airline and hoping for the best, I worked for Republic for a while and want mainline, anyone else going on the 27th? I'm nervous!!

Jstaneastnc in Jacksonville, North Carolina

26 months ago

gregisreadytofly in indianapolis, Indiana said: Hello everyone I got my email for my flight confirmation yesterday, this my second airline and hoping for the best, I worked for Republic for a while and want mainline, anyone else going on the 27th? I'm nervous!!

I work for shuttle :) same reason I just wanna challenge myself n go mainline! I'm on the 28th but nice to see someone else doing same I'm doing

gregisreadytofly in indianapolis, Indiana

26 months ago

Jstaneastnc in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: I work for shuttle :) same reason I just wanna challenge myself n go mainline! I'm on the 28th but nice to see someone else doing same I'm doing

That's cool! Glad to see ya from the same company and very nervous about this one! I loved Republic and was PIT based, and looking forward to this, I'm hoping the interview goes well for ya!

Kodeca in Louisville, Kentucky

26 months ago

I got a call from US Airways tonite, and did the standard phone interview. I think it went very well. He then stated he had no appointment times (I would assume for f2f) and just gathering information for Recruiters to call candidates back. This call came in very late. I don't know what to think. Anyone else had this experience, or were all of you offered the f2f immediately after the phone interview. I think it was his way of not wanting to tell me I wasn't invited to the next step/process, but I don't know for sure. I would appreciate any responses/thoughts. Thank you.

25 months ago

Kodeca in Louisville, Kentucky said: I got a call from US Airways tonite, and did the standard phone interview. I think it went very well. He then stated he had no appointment times (I would assume for f2f) and just gathering information for Recruiters to call candidates back. This call came in very late. I don't know what to think. Anyone else had this experience, or were all of you offered the f2f immediately after the phone interview. I think it was his way of not wanting to tell me I wasn't invited to the next step/process, but I don't know for sure. I would appreciate any responses/thoughts. Thank you.

I was offered a f2f during they telephone interview, immediately after answering the questions. I am not fully aware of the process, however It could be safe to say that interviews for the remainder of the month are filled and they are in the process of coordinating some for next month? Fingers crossed for you.

Happy in Richmond, Virginia

25 months ago

Is there anyone out there that currently works for USAirways in another department that has had a phone interview?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.