**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 11990)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Employees from other departments do not get preferential treatment. They have to resign their current position and interview like everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

simplyme in Fort Myers, Florida

26 months ago

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Employees from other departments do not get preferential treatment. They have to resign their current position and interview like everyone else.

Hello all and how are we doing? I have my f2f on Nov 27th in Charlotte, anyone else?

bill in Rochester, New York

26 months ago

I cant believe it. I got a call yesterday but went right to VM and the guys started talking but never finished the phone number. He said this is US Airways human resources and we would like to talk about you application. You can return our call at your convenience at 888................ Holy crap. I hope they call back today.

26 months ago

bill in Rochester, New York said: I cant believe it. I got a call yesterday but went right to VM and the guys started talking but never finished the phone number. He said this is US Airways human resources and we would like to talk about you application. You can return our call at your convenience at 888................ Holy crap. I hope they call back today.

I can give you the number I have and you can call them and let them know that you are returning a call....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bill in Rochester, New York

26 months ago

simplyme in Fort Myers, Florida said: I can give you the number I have and you can call them and let them know that you are returning a call....

I really appreciate that. I will give them some time to call today and if not I will take you up on the offer.

26 months ago

bill in Rochester, New York said: I really appreciate that. I will give them some time to call today and if not I will take you up on the offer.

Ok no problem.....fatobe01@yahoo.com

Newhire123 in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

Kodeca in Louisville, Kentucky said: I got a call from US Airways tonite, and did the standard phone interview. I think it went very well. He then stated he had no appointment times (I would assume for f2f) and just gathering information for Recruiters to call candidates back. This call came in very late. I don't know what to think. Anyone else had this experience, or were all of you offered the f2f immediately after the phone interview. I think it was his way of not wanting to tell me I wasn't invited to the next step/process, but I don't know for sure. I would appreciate any responses/thoughts. Thank you.

I just did my phone interview and he told me the same thing. Hope we are still in the running

gregisreadytofly in indianapolis, Indiana

26 months ago

simplyme in Fort Myers, Florida said: Hello all and how are we doing? I have my f2f on Nov 27th in Charlotte, anyone else?

I have mine the 17th also!!

FlyySkyGirl in San Bruno, California

26 months ago

For the ppl who just had phone interviews, when did you apply? I just put my application in on yesterday. I worked for a Regional before, but I'm ready to go to mainline. Never thought I'd miss the friendly skies so much!!!

26 months ago

FlyySkyGirl in San Bruno, California said: For the ppl who just had phone interviews, when did you apply? I just put my application in on yesterday. I worked for a Regional before, but I'm ready to go to mainline. Never thought I'd miss the friendly skies so much!!!

My was about a week or so before my call and invite to f2f and I came from a regional too and ready for mainline!

Newhire123 in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

FlyySkyGirl in San Bruno, California said: For the ppl who just had phone interviews, when did you apply? I just put my application in on yesterday. I worked for a Regional before, but I'm ready to go to mainline. Never thought I'd miss the friendly skies so much!!!

i appled Nov 1st and they called me on the 4th

cupcake172 in Callahan, Florida

26 months ago

Is there anyone who is employed with US Air or any potential candidates that know any information on having a criminal background. I was arrested for petty theft as an adult years ago. I would hate to get all the way to the end and end up not hired over something so stupid i did when I was younger. I have been hired for my previous careers and done a background check but since the case is only 'pety theft' they still proceed to hire me. Not sure how the airlines work. thank you

26 months ago

cupcake172 in Callahan, Florida said: Is there anyone who is employed with US Air or any potential candidates that know any information on having a criminal background. I was arrested for petty theft as an adult years ago. I would hate to get all the way to the end and end up not hired over something so stupid i did when I was younger. I have been hired for my previous careers and done a background check but since the case is only 'pety theft' they still proceed to hire me. Not sure how the airlines work. thank you

I would say go and if they ask you make sure you disclose it...I currenlty for in the Government capacity and as long and you answer the question honesly and if they ask for an explaination then give one...don't short change yourself, stuff happens...

26 months ago

Newhire123 in Brooklyn, New York said: i appled Nov 1st and they called me on the 4th

Thanks for the info (from you and Greg). Good luck to you all and I hope to hear something soon. I'll keep you all posted!

Happy in Richmond, Virginia

26 months ago

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Employees from other departments do not get preferential treatment. They have to resign their current position and interview like everyone else.

Oh I know that, I was just curious. I was interested to see if anyone was moving around. Thanks for your input.

26 months ago

Happy in Richmond, Virginia said: Oh I know that, I was just curious. I was interested to see if anyone was moving around. Thanks for your input.

People definitely transfer from other departments, especially from the ticketing/gate agents department. They retain their original hire date with the company for travel purposes. Once they are hired into inflight, their seniority for flying and bidding vacation starts at the bottom with their new peers.

JetsetBet in Pompano Beach, Florida

26 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: about 7 months now

Can you give more details on how the reserve scheduling works starting out? I have my final interview with US Airways on Nov 13th and I'm curious as to how it differs from regional reserve where we were on reserve all the scheduled until you became a line holder.

Luggage with wheels in Kingsland, Georgia

26 months ago

Is there any LOD/O going on a F-2-F interview ? If, so what languages?

26 months ago

Luggage with wheels in Kingsland, Georgia said: Is there any LOD/O going on a F-2-F interview ? If, so what languages?

None that I know of currently. The Company has posted internally for LODOs.

DWest87 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26 months ago

simplyme in Fort Myers, Florida said: Hello all and how are we doing? I have my f2f on Nov 27th in Charlotte, anyone else?

I have my f2f on the same day as well. 11/27.

26 months ago

DWest87 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I have my f2f on the same day as well. 11/27.

Mine is the 27th as well!

fatobe01@yahoo.com in Fort Myers, Florida

26 months ago

gregisreadytofly in indianapolis, Indiana said: Mine is the 27th as well!

Mine is Nov 27th @ 11:00 am....

26 months ago

fatobe01@yahoo.com in Fort Myers, Florida said: Mine is Nov 27th @ 11:00 am....

see u there at 11 lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

gregisreadytofly in indianapolis, Indiana said: Mine is the 27th as well!

mine is at 11am, see u there if anything

Luggage with wheels in SAN DIEGO, California

26 months ago

It is possible to commute? Any thoughts?

26 months ago

Mine is at 11 too hope to see you guys there!

Winglover in Telford, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

My interview is the 29th at 9:00am... I'm in upstate NY and I'm curious as to how they are going to get me to CLT by 9:00am when the earliest flight is out of JFK... (3+hours away... Not that I mind)... But it's at 6:30am and doesn't get you into CLT until 8:30am, which doesn't leave much time to get to the training center...sigh...I'm stressing...I think I'll get my mind off of it for awhile and go vote! Any ideas??

Lucylou4288 in West Palm Beach, Florida

26 months ago

My interview is also the 29th at 9:00 am. I have checked on the available flights coming from my airports and they would also get me there either at 8:30 and one at 8:40. You are not alone. I had my phone interview over the weekend, I have not received any e-mail confirmations yet, have you/

26 months ago

Lucylou4288 in West Palm Beach, Florida said: My interview is also the 29th at 9:00 am. I have checked on the available flights coming from my airports and they would also get me there either at 8:30 and one at 8:40. You are not alone. I had my phone interview over the weekend, I have not received any e-mail confirmations yet, have you/

Yes... I received it yesterday because I called them and left a message telling them I had never received it... I was afraid they were going to think I was a stalker but she said she would send it right out to me! I'm just concerned about getting to the interview on time...even to get there at 8:30am I have to leave my house at 1:00am!! Yikes!!

26 months ago

Yes, I was already thinking about how its strange I will be getting ready to go to an interview around 1:00 am lol! I am so excited tho :)
How far away is the training center? Honestly that hadn't crossed my mind till you brought it up, because I haven't received any further information!

26 months ago

Lucylou4288 in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Yes, I was already thinking about how its strange I will be getting ready to go to an interview around 1:00 am lol! I am so excited tho :)
How far away is the training center? Honestly that hadn't crossed my mind till you brought it up, because I haven't received any further information!

I have no idea how far it is but they said they would give us further instructions on where to pick up the shuttle to get there... It's not something I want to be late for! I don't think we'd look too professional walking in fashionably late:-p I'm super excited!

26 months ago

And I'm in NY... I have no clue why it says I'm in PA!! LOL

Jstaneastnc in Jacksonville, North Carolina

26 months ago

i possibly might just leave the day before n just bunk up in charlotte close to airport (or training center, whichever). my interview face to face is the 28th (time i dont know) but i have still not received any confirmation saying my time, what to bring, etc. the guy recruiter told me to jot it down but still told me that i would have to bring a paper to the session. any ideas on how long it sometimes takes? or do i need to call?

26 months ago

I think once we get our emails we will be provided with more clear instructions. Or at least that is what I am hoping! I haven't got any emails yet either. I actually wasn't even given a interview location, he just told me the date & time. I am assuming Charlotte since I reside in Florida and others with the same date & time as me are in Charlotte

Jstaneastnc in Jacksonville, North Carolina

26 months ago

Lucylou4288 in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I think once we get our emails we will be provided with more clear instructions. Or at least that is what I am hoping! I haven't got any emails yet either. I actually wasn't even given a interview location, he just told me the date & time. I am assuming Charlotte since I reside in Florida and others with the same date & time as me are in Charlotte

yea he told me my best guess is charlotte but didnt confirm that. ill give it a bit and ill call maybe start of next week or something. and from others that i read on here, he asked me if i can drive there lol (jokingly) i said id rather get there in charlotte in 30 minutes than spend a 5 hour car ride....he did not give me any slack on my choice of airports when my two closest ones are both usairways express...not sure why some of you had trouble on that. i might be wrong but isnt piedmont still wholly owned by usair? im not really understanding why now that some are saying there gonna split us clt and phl and rest are going to phx...the last couple years they have been listing usair west separately...did they finally come to an aggrement and i didnt see that? sorry so many questions lol...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I just had my phone interview!! It went awesome. The recruiter was a pleasure to speak with as she fed off of my excitement! She told me they would "definitely" be speaking to me further, but have no available F2F interview times to schedule right now but that I should expect to hear from them soon. Perfect timing too, the call came after my last bite of food on my lunch break. Plus I had just kicked but in Scramble with friends lol. I can barely contain myself for the rest of my work day!!

But I have to. So let me get back to making people look pretty:)

26 months ago

My account has been locked for over a week now. Does anyone else have any problems logging back into your accnt?

FlyySkyGirl in Clemmons, North Carolina

26 months ago

Newhire123 in Brooklyn, New York said: I just did my phone interview and he told me the same thing. Hope we are still in the running

The recruiter I spoke with put me on a brief hold after we had finished the interview questions (I could hear her typing away though) and then came back and told me that they would be continuing me in the process and to expect to hear from someone about my F2F soon. Is this what you were told as well? I wouldn't worry. A friend of a coworker told me she had to do two phone interviews before she was offered her F2F with them *shrug*

bluesky29 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

Hey there- does anyone know when in the process you are assigned a home base ( after interview or after training in phx?)thanks!

26 months ago

For anyone already in the door with US Airways, I understand we will be on reserve for quite a while, but what I want to know is if we are able to pick up flights and make somewhat of a schedule for extra income, or do we just have to sit and wait. And if we do have to just sit and wait, approximately how many times per month are we expected to fly. Im trying to weigh my options and make sure Im making the right choice because I will have to relocate.

26 months ago

DWest87 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: For anyone already in the door with US Airways, I understand we will be on reserve for quite a while, but what I want to know is if we are able to pick up flights and make somewhat of a schedule for extra income, or do we just have to sit and wait. And if we do have to just sit and wait, approximately how many times per month are we expected to fly. Im trying to weigh my options and make sure Im making the right choice because I will have to relocate.

You will get a schedule of 'On and Off Days and inviolable days). You can pick up trips off the ETB (electronic trade board) on your days off which pays above and beyond your guarantee. There are certain restrictions to picking up ETB. These are trips are posted by other FAs who wish to drop or trade their trips. It's difficult to say how much and how often you will fly. It depends on where you will be based. It seems that PHX and CLT fly more than PHL and DCA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: You will get a schedule of 'On and Off Days and inviolable days). You can pick up trips off the ETB (electronic trade board) on your days off which pays above and beyond your guarantee. There are certain restrictions to picking up ETB. These are trips are posted by other FAs who wish to drop or trade their trips. It's difficult to say how much and how often you will fly. It depends on where you will be based. It seems that PHX and CLT fly more than PHL and DCA.

Thank you so much.

SouthernCutieJ21 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

Hey Everyone, for those that completed their telephone interview on Thursday the 1st or Friday the 2nd have you received the email you were told they would send? I have yet to receive mine, I called Monday to follow up and verify the email address they had on file (which was correct). I was told to give it until the end of they day and follow up Tuesday if I had not received it, I waited however because I didn't want to be a bother. I am trying to decide if I should wait or call back, so if there is anyone out there who is still waiting please let me know.

flygirl117 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

SouthernCutieJ21 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey Everyone, for those that completed their telephone interview on Thursday the 1st or Friday the 2nd have you received the email you were told they would send? I have yet to receive mine, I called Monday to follow up and verify the email address they had on file (which was correct). I was told to give it until the end of they day and follow up Tuesday if I had not received it, I waited however because I didn't want to be a bother. I am trying to decide if I should wait or call back, so if there is anyone out there who is still waiting please let me know.

I'm experiencing the same concern! I finally called yesterday and left a message, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm also trying to decide when to follow up again. You're going on the 29th, right? I wonder if anyone else who did their phone interview when we did for that date have received info. Super excited for more info!!

JetsetBet in Orlando, Florida

26 months ago

I

flygirl117 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I'm experiencing the same concern! I finally called yesterday and left a message, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm also trying to decide when to follow up again. You're going on the 29th, right? I wonder if anyone else who did their phone interview when we did for that date have received info. Super excited for more info!!

I have my F2F on 11/13 and didn't get my second confirmation email until yesterday. As long as it's not less than 3 days prior to your interview you'll be fine. Keep in mind that being a flight attendant is very much about last minute changes and adaptability.

flygirl117 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

JetsetBet in Orlando, Florida said: I

I have my F2F on 11/13 and didn't get my second confirmation email until yesterday. As long as it's not less than 3 days prior to your interview you'll be fine. Keep in mind that being a flight attendant is very much about last minute changes and adaptability.

Thanks, I do appreciate the flexibility aspect. I just haven't received a first confirmation email! Good luck next week, such an awesome opportunity! :)

Luggage with wheels in SAN DIEGO, California

26 months ago

For FA with US Airways,
We know we will be on reserve for a while, but would like to know if speakers may have a small chance to fly often.I mean having more chances to fly than to sit?

Thanks

flyer808 in Honolulu, Hawaii

26 months ago

i applied and within a few days i got a email saying

"We have reviewed your background and experience and although your qualifications are impressive, we have decided to move forward with candidates that more closely match the position's requirements."

I'm very surprised because I have been a flight attendant for two years and before that i was a gate agent for three years. Has anyone else got that email before ?

SouthernCutieJ21 in Charlotte, North Carolina

26 months ago

Yes, mine is on the 29th. I suppose I assumed since everything else moved so quickly that something as simple as an email would be instantaneous. I fully understand that being a flight attendant means operating on last minute terms. However I don't want to get left behind ;). There are still 3 weeks so I will continue to be patient and home that it comes in a reasonable time.

26 months ago

Luggage with wheels in SAN DIEGO, California said: For FA with US Airways,
We know we will be on reserve for a while, but would like to know if speakers may have a small chance to fly often.I mean having more chances to fly than to sit?

Thanks

It depends on whether you become a LODO (speaker) and which language(s) you speak. For high demand languages such as Hebrew, you will hold a line immediately and have regularly scheduled trips. What do you speak?

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.