**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2701 to 2750 of 12005)
Page:  « First « Previous   52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next »   Last »

HopefulFutureFA in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Hey hopeful...what were you wearing or what city group were you in lol? I came in last and I was in the PHL group activity and had to write on the chalkboard!

Oh my, I can't remember the name of my city group!! lol We were the first group listed on the board and said chocolate was #2. lol I was wearing a blue suit jacket...I know I definitely stood out! Lol :)

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SkyPrincess_J in Florida

46 months ago

SkyPrincess_J in Florida said: I applied about 2 weeks ago for the fa position (East) and now just patiently/anxiously waiting for a phone interview :)
I was a French LODO for 4 years and loved working at US Airways,but unfortunately was furloughed due to cuts being made after 9/11. I have been working at AE for almost a decade now and love it,especially since I have enough seniority to work around my husband & children's shedule. Now that my little ones are not so little anymore... I have been itching to go back to a mainline carrier. I also applied with Delta for their French LOD position.
First time I ever applied for a fa position was with US Airways when I was 24 (young,single,and ready to see "The World") and now at 37 here I am again,lol. Crazy I know,but I'm up for this exciting journey.

California girl in Elk Grove, California said: Same here :) once a f/a, always a f/a :)) nothing else brings more satisfaction.

I had a missed called that showed up on my phone as 100. Is that the 00 number you guys have been receiving when they call you? I was trying to guess if it was Delta or Us Airways,but there was no voicemail. Could have been one of those unsolicited calls,but just wanted to check with you guys... Lol

Reply - Report abuse

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin

46 months ago

OMG...you sat next to me when we were doing our paperwork when they gave us the OFFER!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

SkyPrincess_J in Florida said: I had a missed called that showed up on my phone as 100. Is that the 00 number you guys have been receiving when they call you? I was trying to guess if it was Delta or Us Airways,but there was no voicemail. Could have been one of those unsolicited calls,but just wanted to check with you guys... Lol

Delta called ma and it was 100!

Reply - Report abuse

SkyPrincess_J in Florida

46 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: Delta called ma and it was 100!

Thanks Mara. I have been following your posts. Congrats on your CJO!!!

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

SkyPrincess_J in Florida said: I had a missed called that showed up on my phone as 100. Is that the 00 number you guys have been receiving when they call you? I was trying to guess if it was Delta or Us Airways,but there was no voicemail. Could have been one of those unsolicited calls,but just wanted to check with you guys... Lol

The 00 number is from US Airways. :)

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: OMG...you sat next to me when we were doing our paperwork when they gave us the OFFER!!!!!

I had a big feeling it was you!!! I remembered you said Wisconsin and knew it had to be you!! lol I'm so excited! Yay!!! :)

Reply - Report abuse

California girl in Elk Grove, California

46 months ago

00 is both delta and us airways. When I was waiting for a f2f call from delta , I got a call from 00 n it was Us Airways. When I got f2f from delta is was 00. When us airways called for f2f confirmation it was showing unknown :)

Reply - Report abuse

Johnathan in Mckinleyville, California

46 months ago

Gabrielle Oviatt in Salt Lake City, Utah said: You too! I was so sad when you left! Keep trying! You will fit in perfectly in the FA world!

I'll see you in the skies sometime :) Just gota keep trying and learn from each interview. Fly Wings sent me some very good information on my answers.

Reply - Report abuse

stlairlinerz

46 months ago

I just got a call from USAirways sharing the additional base information from the contract TA. They told me they can no longer guarantee the PHX base, so for anyone else who has been hired or is going to the West interview, just know if the contract passes you will end up being based where the staffing needs are. That could be positive or negative depending on your situation. It seems like the contract will pass from the buzz I have heard from those currently working there.

Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

lehcargo in San Antonio, Texas said: Quick question for anyone willing to answer..

I have my F2F scheduled for Wednesday, the 30th. After you get your CJO, do they do medical test the same day as your interview?

They say you have to do it within 48 hours. By the time the interview day was over, they were closed! (the HQ one, others may be open)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

FlyAbove in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I'm not entirely sure, but I've been told that fingerprinting happens the same day as the CJO is offered. I was also told that you will be given a list of acceptable places, in the city where you reside, where you can go and take the drug-test. Again, I'm not sure how accurate this info is, so PLEASE post and let us know what happens after your interview. Good Luck!

This is true, You fill out paperwork and do fingerprints the day of and you have 48 hours to do you drug test. They have many locations, but not in Seattle! Go figure... spent all day yesterday driving to Portland :) Worth it though!

Reply - Report abuse

SkyPrincess_J in Florida

46 months ago

California girl in Elk Grove, California said: 00 is both delta and us airways. When I was waiting for a f2f call from delta , I got a call from 00 n it was Us Airways. When I got f2f from delta is was 00. When us airways called for f2f confirmation it was showing unknown :)

Thanks guys... Hopefully they will call again

Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

2 weeks till training! in New York, New York said: I agree on clothing black and blue are not a must. I had on a gray dress with tan heels, sadly my nails werent done, but also no polish,i had bare nails and in my opinion, as an afican american girl my hair could have been better, but I still looked put together. all this to say i was also offerred a CJO. So looks are imoportant but not a huge aspect... Worry about everything else, as people can easily change looks not so much attitude and experience.

Hi 2 weeks till training!

How long after you were offered the CJO did you receive your training date and information? I was offered one On Tuesday and I'm anxious to know when I will be in PHX. Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

2 weeks till training! in New York, New York said: I agree on clothing black and blue are not a must. I had on a gray dress with tan heels, sadly my nails werent done, but also no polish,i had bare nails and in my opinion, as an afican american girl my hair could have been better, but I still looked put together. all this to say i was also offerred a CJO. So looks are imoportant but not a huge aspect... Worry about everything else, as people can easily change looks not so much attitude and experience.

I agree, my tip to everyone is to look like a flight attendant already. Nothing flashy, only very professional and clean cut! Good luck all!

Reply - Report abuse

intheair in Wichita Falls, Texas

46 months ago

My timeline for applying to West FA position:

Applied 1/4
Phone Interview 1/28 said I passed & they would call
Call to schedule to F2F 2/1
F2F 2/7

Anyone else going on the 7th?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

Fly Wings in USA, Arizona said: Hi PHXgirl,
Thank You!

There were 2 groups A&B. A group was much smaller and our group B was around 40-45 applicants.
I've been through many interview sessions and this was the BEST because our group was NON competative. Everyone was very professionl and we all bonded. Few of us spent couple hrs together @ the Airport & had dinner before we got on our flts home....I already miss them all and can't wait to see them on Sunday 3/10 as we check in for our training hotel.

I must add Gabby is a beautiful person inside out:)

There were 8 who got CJO from Group A.
There were 13 of us who got CJO from group B.
So a total of 21 CJO from yesterday 1/30....which is I think the highest I've seen on this forum....YES group B ROCKS:)))

Hi Fly Wing in USA! I was offered an CJO on 1/28. Look forward to meeting all of you! They told my group that we would most likely be in the March 11th training, but there is a possibility of the next class (May 20th?) Did they tell you when you will know about the date? Hopefully I'm in your class, you group sound fun!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

stlairlinerz said: I just got a call from USAirways sharing the additional base information from the contract TA. They told me they can no longer guarantee the PHX base, so for anyone else who has been hired or is going to the West interview, just know if the contract passes you will end up being based where the staffing needs are. That could be positive or negative depending on your situation. It seems like the contract will pass from the buzz I have heard from those currently working there.

Hi, when did u interview in Phoenix ?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

stlairlinerz

46 months ago

California girl in Elk Grove, California said: Hi, when did u interview in Phoenix ?

The 22nd.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

stlairlinerz said: The 22nd.

I interviewed on the 24, so waiting on that call.. Did u get yr training dates in an email format yet??
I saw u on delta forum. R u interviewing for them?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

intheair in Wichita Falls, Texas

46 months ago

Nony in Seattle, Washington said: Hello

Any one has an interview next week on 7th February in Phoneix ?

I do!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

stlairlinerz

46 months ago

California girl in Elk Grove, California said: I interviewed on the 24, so waiting on that call.. Did u get yr training dates in an email format yet??
I saw u on delta forum. R u interviewing for them?

No official training date. Applied at Delta, didn't get past the 2nd phone interview. Have United FTF coming up, and another offer from an airline that would be here at home, not flying.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Hello fa in ., Kansas

46 months ago

FlyrGirl in SEA, Washington said: Congrats to all receiving CJO's for 3/11 Training Class. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for the ride. Having experience with another for another well-respected carrier made me realize this is not the place nor job for me. For me, it was immediatly apparent that there are huge differences in Airlines. I hadn't flown US for years and the experience was an eye-opener for me-from the initial visual impression of the CSm's at the airport who looked like they just rolled out of bed-their uniforms were ill-fitting and cheap looking, to the lack of professionalism and rough appearance of the f/a's on my flight, to the cold affect of several of the interviewers the entire experience was surreal. For those who are thinking of applying-realize US doesn't pay for training, and the TA is not ratified (but probably will be) so who knows where you will be based, to the merger with AA which will be a reserve f/a's nightmare (i.e. you will spend 10-15 years tethered to your phone with your suitcase packed for $15-20K max per year). I don't mean to sound negative, just know what you are in for. The industry is fun to be in if you are young and can sacrifice your personal time for the potential travel benefits and low pay. Also, many Legacy carriers are hiring this year, interiew with many so you can compare. If you are yourself, and meant-to-be a F/A be patient and persistent! Happy Flying

I feel that if anyone got to a F2F and didn't know about the the pay and reserve before hand..just didn't do their homework or listen to the person who gave them the phone interview...so maybe should not be hired anyway..:-). Sorry but I just think its a little petty to complain about it after the fact.

Reply - Report abuse

Fly Wings in USA, Arizona

46 months ago

AprilMayJune in Seattle said: Hi Fly Wing in USA! I was offered an CJO on 1/28. Look forward to meeting all of you! They told my group that we would most likely be in the March 11th training, but there is a possibility of the next class (May 20th?) Did they tell you when you will know about the date? Hopefully I'm in your class, you group sound fun!

Hi AprilMayJune,
YES group B of WED 1/30 ROCKS:))))

The only class date they mentioned to us was March 11.
The training studying material will be sent out once they complete all Drug testing & background including employment verification & criminial. It's usually at the latest couple weeks before training date. The Hotel check in is 1 day before which is March 10.

Did you interview for the East or West?? your application was for East or West??

As far as I know May 20 class is for the East.

Of course they might combine classes if the merger happens beofre then.
Look forward to meeting you in training March 11 class:)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

Fly Wings in USA, Arizona said: Hi AprilMayJune,
YES group B of WED 1/30 ROCKS:))))

The only class date they mentioned to us was March 11.
The training studying material will be sent out once they complete all Drug testing & background including employment verification & criminial. It's usually at the latest couple weeks before training date. The Hotel check in is 1 day before which is March 10.

Did you interview for the East or West?? your application was for East or West??

As far as I know May 20 class is for the East.

Of course they might combine classes if the merger happens beofre then.
Look forward to meeting you in training March 11 class:)

Thanks for the info! I applied for West and interviewed for West, but they did tell us about the new contract and that it could result in us being placed in any station. I'll be moving so I want to know an exact date to plan around :) Thanks again!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

New to this in Mesa, Arizona

46 months ago

stlairlinerz, When did you get the call?

I also got a CJO on the 22nd and have not received a call as the base assignment or training. Guess I'll wait and see.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

AprilMayJune in Seattle said: Thanks for the info! I applied for West and interviewed for West, but they did tell us about the new contract and that it could result in us being placed in any station. I'll be moving so I want to know an exact date to plan around :) Thanks again!

Are you planing on moving before training??
Do you have an email to post so we can connect?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

FlyrGirl in SEA, Washington

46 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: Hey Mara and FlyrGirl and all,
A little perspective;
None of today's carriers are what they once were for many different reasons. And never will be again, it's a different time with very different dynamics at work.
That doesn't mean it can't be a positive experience although I must admit that it takes more work these days to "stay that way".
By all indications it looks like there will be a merger and from the accounts I've read there are certain advantages for the companies to merge while AA is still in bankruptcy. On the other hand I don't think those advantages extend to the F/A population.
Any real changes take a very long time to develop. The F/A's at UA and CO still do not have a "Joint" contract. That merger was "official" on Oct. 1st 2010. CO has not done a very good job of running a "Global" carrier, they were woefully unprepared for the task and US doesn't have the experience either.
I have no doubt that someday an AA/US hookup will be successful but it is in fact years away.

You are well-spoken and spot in your assessment of the industry and the new mega-carrier situation. US Airways merger with America West seems to be one of little integration i.e. operating two very separate companies under one name, i.e the US Air of the East and West seem to not have a lot in common but a name. Since this all has been happening since 2005-now going on 8 years, it is unfortunate that now that it seems imminent it will be overshadowed by the bigger AA-US merger and the huge changes that will bring. As with the local and global economy taking way to long to improve, the industry has a few more years to get settled (5-8?) and find it's new flow. I am not necessarily fond of huge mega-companies be it in any industry, as much of the personality is lost and being part of it becomes being part of a big machine. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors and may we meet again........ :)

Reply - Report abuse

afox5 in Folsom, California

46 months ago

intheair in Wichita Falls, Texas said: My timeline for applying to West FA position:

Applied 1/4
Phone Interview 1/28 said I passed & they would call
Call to schedule to F2F 2/1
F2F 2/7

Anyone else going on the 7th?

I have my F2F on the 7th as well!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Hello fa in ., Kansas said: I feel that if anyone got to a F2F and didn't know about the the pay and reserve before hand..just didn't do their homework or listen to the person who gave them the phone interview...so maybe should not be hired anyway..:-). Sorry but I just think its a little petty to complain about it after the fact.

No offense intended-just offering a perspective and it did sound negative nor petty-I apologize. Personally, I am aware of what the job criteria was, and is, however it was interesting to hear what the phone HR person said that differed from what they said in their introduction on 1/30. Just an observation from seeing it from both sides of the fence.

Reply - Report abuse

Morgan in Ogden, Utah

46 months ago

Fly guy in Bothell, Washington said: Got Hired yesterday! Awesome experience, and reading all your post here helped me 100%! Just want to say thanks to all who have posted here, and KEEP TRYING, don't give up!

Don't believe all the negative press, the staff in Phoenix are an awesome bunch of professionals with lots of class and grace!

Keith

Hey Keith,
Will you email me? I have some questions about the interview. morganemaw@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Hello fa in ., Kansas

46 months ago

FlyrGirl in SEA, Washington said: No offense intended-just offering a perspective and it did sound negative nor petty-I apologize. Personally, I am aware of what the job criteria was, and is, however it was interesting to hear what the phone HR person said that differed from what they said in their introduction on 1/30. Just an observation from seeing it from both sides of the fence.

I was just confused because first you congratulated those with CJO then you proceed to diss the company they will be working for. Its like telling a person who get accepted to a State College congrads...but I went to Harvard and where your going sucks...lol. Just be happy for the person :-) I realize that you didn't mean any offense but it just rubbed me the wrong way..my problem not yours..:-)

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Ok so just got the call about the TA and that if it goes through on Feb 28, then we might not get Phoenix base but any base, n second week of training we will be told of our base :) Just FYI

Reply - Report abuse

AprilMayJune in Seattle

46 months ago

Fly Wings in USA, Arizona said: Are you planing on moving before training??
Do you have an email to post so we can connect?

I dont think I will move till after. My email is aprilomichelle@gmail.com :)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Hello fa in ., Kansas said: I was just confused because first you congratulated those with CJO then you proceed to diss the company they will be working for. Its like telling a person who get accepted to a State College congrads...but I went to Harvard and where your going sucks...lol. Just be happy for the person :-) I realize that you didn't mean any offense but it just rubbed me the wrong way..my problem not yours..:-)

I deserve the slam-my critique was probably unfair and in hindsight I should have kept it to myself. My personal experience gave me probably what resulted in a jaded sounding review and I guess that is my problem as some of my obversations were unique to the standards created during my own personal work experience and were "comparitive" -plus probably un-achievable in the real world of 2013 and with a carrier with 23,000 flight attendants. I feel very fortunate to have the experience I have had, and shouldn't deter anyone from applying and hiring on with US Air or any other airline-as I said, it is all about personal lifestyle, perspective and career goals and also knowing what you are in for-and finding a good fit for you and the company hiring people who will do a good job for them. US Air is a fine carrier and you will be an asset to their team!

Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

46 months ago

Question for anyone who went to F2F.....were there many older applicants (over 50 and if so, do you know if they were offered CJO? Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I just got my training date..OMG!!!! March 25th!!!!!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

check your emails:))))))

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

March 11 training date :))) just got email!!!

Reply - Report abuse

phoenixgirl in Phoenix, Arizona

46 months ago

March 11th training date! WHOOHOOO!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Congrats ladies!!! Anyone in my class LOL;)

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

March 11 Training class! WOOOOOHOOOO:))))))

Reply - Report abuse

Kunetta in Astoria, New York

46 months ago

I am so jelous! I have to wait all the way till MAY 20!!! <3

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

We will be the highest paid new FAs in the industry!!!WOOOHOOO:)))
Congratulations to All:)))

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Kunetta in Astoria, New York said: I am so jelous! I have to wait all the way till MAY 20!!! <3

Awww..don't worry...You'll be based in PHL, not PHX so you're seniority will not be affected.

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Pardon the typo....I meant "your" not "you're"

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dreams Come True in Orlando, Florida

46 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Question for anyone who went to F2F.....were there many older applicants (over 50 and if so, do you know if they were offered CJO? Thanks!

Yes and Yes :)

Reply - Report abuse

Dreams Come True in Orlando, Florida

46 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: I just got my training date..OMG!!!! March 25th!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mara! I received my CJO January 9th and will also be in the March 25th class :)

Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

MaraL in Franklin, Wisconsin said: I just got my training date..OMG!!!! March 25th!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mara you be starting at the highest pay $21.74...the back door worked magic...lol

Reply - Report abuse

FlyrGirl in Bellevue, Washington

46 months ago

For all hopeful F/A's here is a bit of info about the process that will hopefully help you during the process:
1. Be accurate and honest in your application/interview process. They have all hired many thousand F/a's & know their stuff! Be yourself-be professional. You sort of are either meant to do this or you are not, you can't fake it and the interview process is intense on purpose to make sure you can handle the job-both for your sake and for that of the company. Know they are sizing you up from the second you arrive throughout the long day.
2. Most intense interviews are AS, then DL, UA & US, SW and regionals a bit more casual. Most F2f are very similar format- Group introduction to the company and/or the pay particulars, q& a about it (don't ask too many indepth qq about pay/benefits it is presumpative and too complicated for that situation).
After that, one-on-ones with HR rep or a F/A or F/A supervisor. Scenario questions about specifically how you handled a team project that did/did not went well. Several like that. More qq about why you feel u would be a good fa, and what the bad things are about the job.
3. Next step is usually invite those not continuing to leave (call your name, escort you out). This case it is GOOD to not have your name called. Several carriers tell you outside the room that you will not continue, thanks for applying. Some say we'll call you within 48 hours. That means NO JOB OFFER!
4. If you stay, you are broken into groups to do 1-2 team exercises to work together to rank several bad scenarios as to easisest to deal with. Then again if you are called out of the room you leave, the remaining are offered CJO's and do drug test, and/or fingerprints etc. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.