US Airways hiring in 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1414)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Brad Patricks in San Diego, California

29 months ago

US Airways just posted a flight attendant position on their website. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Hello fa in dallas, Texas

29 months ago

Thank for the heads up.. I had just checked earlier today and it wasn't posted. I wonder when they will start calling people... the waiting begins...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nelson-T in Little Rock, Arkansas

29 months ago

Thanks Brad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

I just had my phone interview today. they told me senior recuier was going to call me was does that mean???????? good luck to all of you . has anyone recived a phone interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Flapjack in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Angie in Los Angeles, California said: I just had my phone interview today. they told me senior recuier was going to call me was does that mean???????? good luck to all of you . has anyone recived a phone interview

Same thing happened to me .. I am assuming, we did not pass the phone interview, as others were told of the f2f.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

K.anne in Kingsland, Georgia

29 months ago

Angie in Los Angeles, California said: I just had my phone interview today. they told me senior recuier was going to call me was does that mean???????? good luck to all of you . has anyone recived a phone interview

I'm not sure. I was told by a very sweet lady that I passed the phone interview and the next step was a face to face interview. She said that they would notify me when they pinned down the location (because I'm in Georgia)to schedule and that it would be approximately 3 to 4 weeks. So, I am waiting as well. So, maybe it's your location, as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

K.anne in Kingsland, Georgia said: I'm not sure. I was told by a very sweet lady that I passed the phone interview and the next step was a face to face interview. She said that they would notify me when they pinned down the location (because I'm in Georgia)to schedule and that it would be approximately 3 to 4 weeks. So, I am waiting as well. So, maybe it's your location, as well.

really wow congratulations :) Im just waiting for them to call me once again the guy that interview me over the phone was very polite and very sweet he told me to hold on to wait for a senior recuier to call me again.. I hope i did pass the phone interview. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Flapjack in Chicago, Illinois said: Same thing happened to me .. I am assuming, we did not pass the phone interview, as others were told of the f2f.

really i hope we did people have gotten an email and got a called back to see if face to face interview lets just hope we pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Flapjack in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Angie in Los Angeles, California said: really i hope we did people have gotten an email and got a called back to see if face to face interview lets just hope we pass.

Again...
Reading back on the forum..if you were going to the f2f, you'd be invited at the end of the phone interview.
Knowing the airlines, they for some reason have an issue being straight up with people and rather leave them hanging on by telling people they will hear back..
Most likely it wont be happening..
Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

coco in Concord, North Carolina

29 months ago

For those who were told that someone will be calling you back just wait and see what happens. Do not assume the worst. The airline could be waiting on enough people to interview before issuing a date. Stay Positive!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

flyer2012 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

I applied back in Dec of 2010 and did not finish the complete application and I just applied for East a few days ago.. rumor had it that you were supposed to get a second e-mail almost right away to complete the rest of the application; and I never received it. When I logged back in my info from 2010 was still in there. Do you think it's possible that I'm not being considered? Has anybody else ran into this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Friend in Concord, North Carolina

29 months ago

Check the status, and if it is under review then you should be okay. You can also update your information as well. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SugarCane in Miami, Florida

29 months ago

How long does it take before one receives a phone interview? I applied a few days ago and just want to know what to expect. I applied for the NC and AZ openings...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona

29 months ago

I did too and very weird one lets you do it through indeed and the other you have this long long long app but anyway does anyone know what a/c are taught in phx I heard that when you go to the east you are trained on others for like another week but not sure that is what they use to do. I am going to have to look back on some of these pages I thought you taught the 300 fo r 737 and all the others except the 767/330/190 is taught when you get back to the east. I am not sure though that is what I think I read..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Yes we are all excited about the new postings...good luck to you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

K.anne in Kingsland, Georgia said: I'm not sure. I was told by a very sweet lady that I passed the phone interview and the next step was a face to face interview. She said that they would notify me when they pinned down the location (because I'm in Georgia)to schedule and that it would be approximately 3 to 4 weeks. So, I am waiting as well. So, maybe it's your location, as well.

by any chance was her name diane??

K.anne in Saint Marys, Georgia

29 months ago

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona said: by any chance was her name diane??

I don't think she identified herself by name. She said she was with USAir Human Res.

I got a call from HR this morning to schedule my f2f on March 27th. I'm very excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fa for life in Clermont, Florida

29 months ago

K.anne in Saint Marys, Georgia said: I don't think she identified herself by name. She said she was with USAir Human Res.

I got a call from HR this morning to schedule my f2f on March 27th. I'm very excited!

Hi K.anne! Did you apply for the East or the West? And did you mean Feb. 27th for f2f or March 27th? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back, once you applied? Appreciate any info you can share. Btw, I got married in Kingsland, GA. And stayed at the Super 8 off exit 3!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

K.anne in Saint Marys, Georgia

29 months ago

fa for life in Clermont, Florida said: Hi K.anne! Did you apply for the East or the West? And did you mean Feb. 27th for f2f or March 27th? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back, once you applied? Appreciate any info you can share. Btw, I got married in Kingsland, GA. And stayed at the Super 8 off exit 3!

I know exactly the place. It's a small world! My interview is scheduled for March 27 and I applied for the West but it has been changed to the East on my profile with USAir.

gonnafly

28 months ago

I applied late one night and early the next morning got a call within 12 hours. My interview is next week..kind of excited. I wonder how large the interview group is and how long it lasts? I am going to get this job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MermaidRam in Raleigh, North Carolina

28 months ago

I applied this past Monday (2/20) & I still haven't heard anything back from them. How long does it take for you to hear back from them? Even if it's a deny, I would still be nice. Is it a different time period from both East & West? I applied for East since I'm from NC (not Charlotte, but Raleigh).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mdwfa03 in Seattle, Washington

28 months ago

I applied at the beginning of Feb, reveived a call two days later and was scheduled for an interview for Feb 29th. I received my flight information this past Friday. Is anyone else going to be there on Feb 29? What is the interview process like, any feedback? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LAXFA in Van Nuys, California

28 months ago

Hi all,
I just got off the phone with a friend that works for US Air and he had me log back into the website under "Returning candidates" where it shows what positions you have applied to. Under the job description it shows "Status" and mine still says "Under Review." He told me that since it still says under review that I am still in the running and not to worry.

So, with that in mind, for the people that were told that they "passed" the initial phone interview, the people who have a F2F interview scheduled or if anyone was told that they wont be going forward, what does you status say??

Thanks and as always good luck to everyone!

gonnafly

28 months ago

I applied for both E and W position. I have a scheduled F2F already...within 24 hours of applying..Mine still says under review on both E and W. I hope this helps.

Heylo in Dallas, Texas

28 months ago

I applied and got a call the next day..

mile high in Littleton, Colorado

28 months ago

mdwfa03 in Seattle, Washington said: I applied at the beginning of Feb, reveived a call two days later and was scheduled for an interview for Feb 29th. I received my flight information this past Friday. Is anyone else going to be there on Feb 29? What is the interview process like, any feedback? Thank you.

HI I will be there Feb. 29th. Look forward to meeting everyone there!

gonnafly

28 months ago

My friend applied on Sunday and already has a F2F scheduled. No ryhme or reason I suppose. Good luck to everyone. Have fun with it.

Sfgiants1219 in Highland, California

28 months ago

I just applied, when should I expect a phone interview? Where is the f2f located?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mdwfa03 in Seattle, Washington

28 months ago

mile high in Littleton, Colorado said: HI I will be there Feb. 29th. Look forward to meeting everyone there!

Likewise, I look forward to meeting you. I arrive at 9am so my scheduled interview isn't till 11am. When are you arriveing?
Feel free to e-mail if you like;

MDWFA03@aol

mile high in Littleton, Colorado

28 months ago

I arrive early, @ 8am. I think mine is scheduled for 9 am. Long day tomorrow!! I have a 2 hr. flight and have to get up at 3:00 am. Coffee is ready and I will be too. I see your coming from SEA. I will look for you! : )

ready2fly in Gainesville, Florida

28 months ago

I applied on Feb 10 and I have yet to get a phone call. Can I withdraw my application and reapply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gonnafly

28 months ago

Anyone interviewing March 1st at 11 am? I am trying hard to make it but business is soaring and I can make one years salary in three months with my current position. With that said..I love my job but want my love would be to be a FA. Send me your thoughts...I wish all of you excitment and good luck...this is a great job..I know because I have MANY friends who have been in the business for years and a family member who has been a FA for 27 years and LOVES it..so tempting..GOD BLESS. My hope is AA and US Air merges.

just jamez in Honolulu, Hawaii

28 months ago

So what is the natural porgression for how this company operates its hiring procedures?...

I applied last year, and had a phone interview. The interviewer said that I had passed, and that someone would be contacting me about a F2F.... nothing ever came of it. Was that a "thanks but no thanks" kind of deal.

I am a bit reluctant to apply again, if this system hasnt been figured out. The application process is quite lengthy and time consuming, as well.

Any advice would be nice. Been on the FA hiring path for quite some time now, much to no sucess... :-/

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia

28 months ago

just jamez in Honolulu, Hawaii said: So what is the natural porgression for how this company operates its hiring procedures?...

I applied last year, and had a phone interview. The interviewer said that I had passed, and that someone would be contacting me about a F2F.... nothing ever came of it. Was that a "thanks but no thanks" kind of deal.

I am a bit reluctant to apply again, if this system hasnt been figured out. The application process is quite lengthy and time consuming, as well.

Any advice would be nice. Been on the FA hiring path for quite some time now, much to no sucess... :-/

Hey Jamez,

There is really nothing to 'figure out' with the system. The response to every posting is always in the thousands and I think we are up to 10K in applications in this past month. Keep applying to all the airlines that interest you and one will eventually respond. I would spend this time researching company and union/contract information on each airline. Have a back-up plan and enjoy the process. Most of all, good luck!!!

Bram

Gracie1022 in El Paso, Texas

28 months ago

I just applied for the US Air flight attendant position last night. I have a bachelors degree in Hospitality. Will that help my chances in getting an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gonna be an fa soon in Apopka, Florida

28 months ago

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia said: Hey Jamez,

There is really nothing to 'figure out' with the system. The response to every posting is always in the thousands and I think we are up to 10K in applications in this past month. Keep applying to all the airlines that interest you and one will eventually respond. I would spend this time researching company and union/contract information on each airline. Have a back-up plan and enjoy the process. Most of all, good luck!!!

Bram

Hello Brambleton! I have been reading this Indeed USAirways page for over 2 years now, and you seem to have the most correct information, and I like the way you state things and speak your mind. I am currently also a DCA based f.a. for another airline, just recently hired. I have applied to USAir in the past, and always got the thanks but no thanks email. I have now applied to both the east and west positions a few weeks ago, but have gotten no response. I have a friend who is a USAirways f.a., but I did not put her name on my app. I have no idea if that would make a differnce anyway. I have only been with my current airline 2 months. They are a good company, but I really want to go to USAirways. Is there any rhyme or reason, why they call or do not call? I fly USAir mainline all the time, and the other f.a.s tell me that I should get a call, but I haven't. I know I don't have much experience, but I had many years of customer service at my previous job also. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Maybe we will cross paths one day at DCA. Thanks for always being so correctly informative and honest on here. You have made me laugh many times. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gracie1022 in El Paso, Texas

28 months ago

Also any information that you all would be very appreciated and helpful! Best of luck to all of you who scored an interview!! good luck :)

28 months ago

[QUOTE :)

Hi Gonna,

I make things up as I go along and I'm glad that I've been on target. I hope that you will get that call and a F2F soon. There is no rhyme or reason at first glance when pondering the how, when, what and where. I know a few things are true:

1. We get a lot of interest in the FA position. The hiring ratio is around 1:1000
2. We use PeopleScout to wade through the massive amount of online applications and to make calls to some applicants. PeopleScout employees are not aviation professionals. They must follow a script written by US Airways HR to determine MINIMUM qualifications. I don't believe (well, I'm pretty sure!) that there is no consideration for employee referral or recommendations. There was at one time, but I don't think there is the time or manpower to follow through with that verification process. If I was applying, I would go back and review the expectations from our Inflight Director which I posted a few pages back, related to new hires. This will give you a bullet listing of exactly what they are keying in on in the phone interview and thereafter. You have to get past the 'Gatekeepers' with the appropriate answers before moving on to the F2F, which will be more of the same line of questioning.
3. It's important at all stages to show or pretend 100% interest and commitment to the Company. This means no hesitation in accepting ANY base. One more time, being flexible is a requirement. If you hem and haw over the base issue for instance, there are a few thousand others who won't.
4. Apply at the other Majors too. You never know which airline works out better in the long run. Just go for it and keep trying until something happens.

Bram

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Hello Brambleton!
I've enjoyed your posts too! I applied for both east and west on Feb 10 and I haven't heard anything. I have over 30 years of customer service and I was surprised that others that applied after me received calls within days of applying. I wanted to reattach a new resume but it will not let me. Do you know if I withdraw from consideration would I be apply to reapply and submit another application? Or would I have to wait a year to reapply? Any help would be great appreciated! I really want to work for US Airways. Thanks!

28 months ago

ready2fly in Gainesville, Florida said: Hello Brambleton!
I've enjoyed your posts too! I applied for both east and west on Feb 10 and I haven't heard anything. I have over 30 years of customer service and I was surprised that others that applied after me received calls within days of applying. I wanted to reattach a new resume but it will not let me. Do you know if I withdraw from consideration would I be apply to reapply and submit another application? Or would I have to wait a year to reapply? Any help would be great appreciated! I really want to work for US Airways. Thanks!

I don't know about the technicalities of the online application process but I have heard that it's not amendable. Some have had luck in creating a new account and submitting that way. That's what I would try first and see if creating a whole new account with different email works. I'm not sure if the system tracks by email of name of applicant.

28 months ago

Brambleton!
Thank you so much for the information. I tried creating a new account with a different email and it already said I applied for the position. I might withdraw one of the applications to see if I can reapply but I'm a little weary in case I can't...then I will only have one application in instead of two for both east and west.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Gonna,

Here is a copy and Paste from the website for base placement, regardless of whether you apply to the West or the East:

Terms and Conditions

Base Assignment

After completion of new hire training, Flight Attendants will receive their base assignment. You must be able to be based in ANY of our domiciles located in Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix, or Washington, DC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

Hello All :) Does anyone have the 800# to follow up with after not receiving interview instructions via email?

gonnafly in Dallas, Texas

28 months ago

I went to USAIR and just called the home offices and asked for human resources and that worked...they got me where I needed to be.

Future FA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

28 months ago

Does anyone know if they flight you out for a f2f if you can't attend an open house?

Future FA in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

28 months ago

fly*

Tamara in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

Sounds like the right idea! Thank you!!!

28 months ago

Future, I read that they do not fly you out for an open house. You have to pay your own way

28 months ago

ready2fly in Gainesville, Florida said: Future, I read that they do not fly you out for an open house. You have to pay your own way

I have never heard of anyone paying their own way to the recruitment sessions in the past 25 years.

28 months ago

What they have been doing recently is sending the flight information by email or packet but usually at the last minute, unfortunately. Your ticket is electronic anyway, so you only need the ticket number and an ID to get your boarding pass at the counter or a kiosk.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.