US Airways to start hiring Flight Attendants in 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 7433)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

stepsinthesand in New Port Richey, Florida said: Does US airways need Hungarian LODS as well?

No, we do not have a need for Hungarian LODs at this time.

Greek, Portuguese, and Hebrew LODs are in high demand as we recently started service to ATH (Athens), TLV (Tel Aviv), and GIG (Rio de Janeiro).

GRU (Sao Paulo) service will begin next year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

USAIR in Coamo, Puerto Rico

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: No, we do not have a need for Hungarian LODs at this time.

Greek, Portuguese, and Hebrew LODs are in high demand as we recently started service to ATH (Athens), TLV (Tel Aviv), and GIG (Rio de Janeiro).

GRU (Sao Paulo) service will begin next year.

Any need for SP speakers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

USAIR in Coamo, Puerto Rico said: Any need for SP speakers?

Yes, we will need Spanish-speakers.

Many of our flights to Spain and Latin America depart without a qualified Spanish speaker on-board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FutureFlightAttendant in Sherbrooke, Quebec

47 months ago

Any need for French speakers?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

USAIR in Coamo, Puerto Rico

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: Yes, we will need Spanish-speakers.

Many of our flights to Spain and Latin America depart without a qualified Spanish speaker on-board.

Thank you Cosma Shiva for your response. Where are SP speakers based?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deltajets in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Los Angeles, California said: US Airways plans to start new hire training classes for Flight Attendants in March of next year.

Although the application process is not yet available please visit the following link for updates: www.usairways.com/careers

Help Make US Fly!

Signed,
A US Airways Flight Attendant

do you know when us airways plans to post this on the website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

USAIR in Coamo, Puerto Rico said: Thank you Cosma Shiva for your response. Where are SP speakers based?

Our Spanish LOD/Os are based in PHX, PHL, and CLT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

FutureFlightAttendant in Sherbrooke, Quebec said: Any need for French speakers?

Thank you.

French speakers are not as critical as other languages.

Nevertheless, we will need French speakers for our CLT and PHL bases. PHL and CLT have daily flights to CDG (Paris).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

deltajets in Dallas, Texas said: do you know when us airways plans to post this on the website?

No, I do not know whe the job openings will be posted.

I will attend a Flight Attendant meeting this morning and should have an update afterwards.

US Airways is currently exhausting its furlough list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

deltajets in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

Do you work for us airways?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

L'italienne.aux.Etats.Unis in Wilmington, North Carolina

47 months ago

deltajets in Dallas, Texas said: Do you work for us airways?

Cosma Shiva previously indicated s/he is a current US Airways Flight Attendant, so the answer would be 'yes.'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

deltajets in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

oh! I didn't see that but thanks for your snappy, response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beach girl in Huntington Beach, California

47 months ago

This is such great news will you let us know when we can apply or do we just have to keep checking the web site?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cosmos1967 in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

WOW, this is really good news!!!... I have been waiting and waiting for this news for quite some time. I am looking forward to submitting my application!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

OK everyone, I am in the last group of F/A's to be recalled from US Airways. I still have not received my letter from the company asking me to do so. As soon as I get it, I will post here and let everyone know. They cannot hire new f/a's until they have recalled all of the furloughees. In my group, there are about 250 f/a's. They will take a poll and ask how many intend on coming back. Once they get that number, they will evaluate their needs, and then they may hire new f/a's. In my opinion, not too many of us will return to the airline. I think that you could look for the posting very soon after the recall letter goes out. Hope this helps. As soon as I am contacted, I will post here and let everyone know. Let's hope it is not too much longer!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

L'italienne.aux.Etats.Unis in Wilmington, North Carolina

47 months ago

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina said: OK everyone, I am in the last group of F/A's to be recalled from US Airways. I still have not received my letter from the company asking me to do so. As soon as I get it, I will post here and let everyone know. They cannot hire new f/a's until they have recalled all of the furloughees. In my group, there are about 250 f/a's. They will take a poll and ask how many intend on coming back. Once they get that number, they will evaluate their needs, and then they may hire new f/a's. In my opinion, not too many of us will return to the airline. I think that you could look for the posting very soon after the recall letter goes out. Hope this helps. As soon as I am contacted, I will post here and let everyone know. Let's hope it is not too much longer!!

Thanks for the information. Good luck to you and thanks for keeping us updated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Greetings, Future US Airways Flight Attendants!

US Airways just announced a record third quarter profit today! The Company reported a net profit for the third quarter 2010 of $240 million, or $1.22 per diluted share. This is the highest third quarter net profit in the Company’s history

Our CEO, Doug Parker, also announced the following:

“We are very proud of our team, and recently announced we will recall approximately 300 pilots and flight attendants from furlough status, which will supplement our international flying in 2011 and accommodate normal attrition. Upon exhausting our flight attendant furlough list later this year, we anticipate hiring new hire flight attendants in early 2011."

Tentative plans are to hire approximately 500 flight attendants!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

beach girl in Huntington Beach, California said: This is such great news will you let us know when we can apply or do we just have to keep checking the web site?

Please continue to check the website.

We are currently training additional Flight Attendants as Instructors due to the increase in training classes (both new hire and furlough classes).

So, the application process for new hires should start soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

L'italienne.aux.Etats.Unis in Wilmington, North Carolina

47 months ago

Otis in Chandler, Arizona said: Please continue to check the website.

We are currently training additional Flight Attendants as Instructors due to the increase in training classes (both new hire and furlough classes).

So, the application process for new hires should start soon

Thanks Otis. The third quarter profit that was just announced is quite remarkable considering the worldwide economic influences surrounding the travel industry as a whole. I've flown regularly, mostly on US Airways, and all planes were full.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sergio in Champaign, Illinois

47 months ago

I read a reply by Cosma Shiva stating that US Airways is looking for Hebrew speakers. I couldn't find any flight attendant openings in US Air web site. Can someone help/advise?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Sergio in Champaign, Illinois said: I read a reply by Cosma Shiva stating that US Airways is looking for Hebrew speakers. I couldn't find any flight attendant openings in US Air web site. Can someone help/advise?
Thanks

Yes, US Airways needs Hebrew speakers for its daily flight to TLV (Tel Aviv).

Please continue to check the website...the application process should begin soon.

www.usairways.com/careers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

deltajets in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

please post and if you don't mind sending personal emails,
mine is xexiboyy@yahoo.com or send me yours to follow up with you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sergio in Urbana, Illinois

47 months ago

Otis in Chandler, Arizona said: Yes, US Airways needs Hebrew speakers for its daily flight to TLV (Tel Aviv).

Please continue to check the website...the application process should begin soon.

www.usairways.com/careers

Thanks

BTW, are you with US Airways?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Sergio in Urbana, Illinois said: Thanks

BTW, are you with US Airways?

Yes, I am a Flight Attendant with US Airways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Like Delta Air Lines the Flight Attendants at US Airways are governed by two different pay scales (i.e. contracts).

Flight Attendants based in PHX are paid as follows (see link):
www.afa66.org/afaagreement/3compensation.htm

F;ight Attendants based in PHL, DCA, and CLT are paid on a different payscale (which unfortunately is no longer publicly available at the following link):
afausairways.org/index.cfm

PHL, DCA, and CLT starting pay is approximately $20.00 per hour and then top pay is around $38.00

These payscales will change soon as US Airways' Flight Attendants are negotiating a new contract.

The reserve systems varies between the PHX domicile and its counterparts in the "East" - PHL, DCA, CLT.

Needless to say, you will be on reserve for your first 6-15 years (unless, of course, you speak a foreign language).

Cosmo,

The pay is not different for East F/As in the three bases as we are under the same contract.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

47 months ago

Oh, maybe you mean differently from the West F/As, I see....Anyway, it will be very exciting to see new faces!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia said: Cosmo,

The pay is not different for East F/As in the three bases as we are under the same contract.

Yes, you are correct: PHX FAs are under one contract and CLT, PHL, and DCA FAs are under another contract.

The "new" UA and DL have Flight Attendants under different contracts as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

47 months ago

I read that it will be 147 new hires for the West and 350 for the East.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia said: I read that it will be 147 new hires for the West and 350 for the East.

I heard the same thing.

Apparently, all training will be done in PHX and bases will be assigned accordingly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

47 months ago

Otis in Chandler, Arizona said: I heard the same thing.

Apparently, all training will be done in PHX and bases will be assigned accordingly.

They will teach AB 330, 76, E190 and Envoy service in PHX?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

47 months ago

Are they moving the A330, 76 and E190 simulators to PHX?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Otis in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia said: Are they moving the A330, 76 and E190 simulators to PHX?

This was posted on another message board: Training is in PHX then the "East" new hires will go to CLT to complete their training (e.g. A330, 767, and E190)

I'd imagine all "East" new hires will be based in CLT (since that's where the growth is...)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lvhairguy in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

So excited to hear another mainline carrier is finally gonna be hiring again! Cannot wait to be able to apply :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flyjets1971 in Bellefontaine, Ohio

47 months ago

will they only be hiring lod's or will they have any english only speaking FA opening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

flyjets1971 in Bellefontaine, Ohio said: will they only be hiring lod's or will they have any english only speaking FA opening

They will hire both language and non-language qualified FAs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ffflygurl

47 months ago

just found out thru a us air fa that first training class starts geb 01.2011 in Phoenix
so I guess they will start hiring asap- anybody knows more??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ffflygurl

47 months ago

sorry meant Feb 01.11

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

ffflygurl said: just found out thru a us air fa that first training class starts geb 01.2011 in Phoenix
so I guess they will start hiring asap- anybody knows more??

Hi, I am a flight attendant on the furlough list and as of today, I have still not been contacted by the company for recall. Talked to the company last week and they would not give me an answer on when I might be recalled. They said that nothing has been finalized yet. They have to contact everyone on the furlough list before they can hire. So, I am still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ffflygurl

47 months ago

maybe they starting a training class for the furloughs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BEN G in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

47 months ago

Does anyone know, I already was a flight att with the company, when they start classes again, do I have to go thru the entire screening process again? if anyone can provide me with that info, would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ericbro77 in Riverview, Florida

47 months ago

My friends who were hired in 2007 all have been recalled and start back on Nov 5th. SO they should begin the hiring process soon. IM SO EXCITED. I CANT WAIT TO FLY AGAIN:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

All of the flight attendants that are on the VFLR program have not been recalled yet. Talked to the union today, there are about 400 or so on this type of furlough (including me). They range from 1970's hire date to 2001. The company will not tell me when they anticipate recalling us. I am starting to get anxious. Hope it's not too much longer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JetCharlotte in Concord, North Carolina

47 months ago

rob in Gastonia, North Carolina said: wrong, i m a us airways flight attendant, last hire class was aug/2001

Rob is absolutely correct. Mainline US Airways last class for flight attendants was back in 2001.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JetCharlotte in Concord, North Carolina

47 months ago

(I posted the above comment)...forgot to say I'm a US Airways flight attendant as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Duane in Mesa, Arizona

47 months ago

JetCharlotte in Concord, North Carolina said: Rob is absolutely correct. Mainline US Airways last class for flight attendants was back in 2001.

Rob is absolutely NOT correct.

Mainline US Airways' last class for flight attendants was in 2008.

And I am also a US Airways flight attendant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

I think what Rob means is that US Airways East (old US Airways)last F/A class was in 2001. I think US Airways West (old America West) last class was in 2001. Unfortunately after all of these years, about five, they are still running the flight attendants and the pilots as two seperate divisions. I think that all of the flight attendants from West have been recalled, but not all of the flight attendants from East have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

I meant US Airways West (old America West) last flight attendant class was in 2008, not 2001. Sorry for the typo!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Merita in Milton, Florida

47 months ago

Duane in Mesa, Arizona said: Rob is absolutely NOT correct.

Mainline US Airways' last class for flight attendants was in 2008.

And I am also a US Airways flight attendant.

I WAS TOLD US AIR HAS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST TRAINING FOR FA'S IN THE INDUSTRY. IS THIS TRUE? I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS BUT CAN U SHARE HOW LONG TRAINING IS, WHERE IS IT HELD, HOW MANY FA'S THEY PLAN 2 HIRE & WHEN US AIR WILL BEGIN TAKING APPLICATIONS? THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Duane in Mesa, Arizona

47 months ago

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina said: I think what Rob means is that US Airways East (old US Airways)last F/A class was in 2001. I think US Airways West (old America West) last class was in 2001. Unfortunately after all of these years, about five, they are still running the flight attendants and the pilots as two seperate divisions. I think that all of the flight attendants from West have been recalled, but not all of the flight attendants from East have.

Yes, that is correct. All of the PHX-based Flight Attendants have been recalled.

The company is now exhausting the furloughed flight attendants from the PHL, DCA, and CLT bases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Duane in Mesa, Arizona

47 months ago

Merita in Milton, Florida said: I WAS TOLD US AIR HAS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST TRAINING FOR FA'S IN THE INDUSTRY. IS THIS TRUE? I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS BUT CAN U SHARE HOW LONG TRAINING IS, WHERE IS IT HELD, HOW MANY FA'S THEY PLAN 2 HIRE & WHEN US AIR WILL BEGIN TAKING APPLICATIONS? THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

The training classes in 2008 were almost 6 weeks long.

US Airways has 6 different types of aircraft (10 if you include the different versions of each "family" - A319/A320/A321, 737-300/400, A330-200/300).

So, their training isn't a walk in the park...it is as intense as any other airlines'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.