United Airlines Applicants for opening posted November 5, 2013!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 203)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

EWR2013 in Newark, New Jersey

25 months ago

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California said: Has anyone else put forth their resume/application yesterday with United Airlines? Just wanted to start a forum to keep in touch regarding phone interviews, F2F, etc.

Do you mean for American Airlines???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Sorry I had no idea that United reopened the FA position again on Nov. 5

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iFlyUAL in Tampa, Florida

25 months ago

Yeah they took down the posting for General Flight Attendant a month or so ago. Then they redid the flight attendant career section and the General posting was back up again. So now American, United and US Airways are hiring....only one left is Delta...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

iFlyUAL in Tampa, Florida said: Yeah they took down the posting for General Flight Attendant a month or so ago. Then they redid the flight attendant career section and the General posting was back up again. So now American, United and US Airways are hiring....only one left is Delta...lol

US Airways said no to me, I'm still waiting on JetBlue, United, and now American Airlines... I wonder if I should reapply for United??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

iFlyUAL in Lutz, Florida

25 months ago

If you've already applied at United I'd just be patient. It's just a waiting game and if they are just now getting to the people who applied in September it'll probably be awhile before they get to anyone who just recently put in an application. Sorry to hear about US Airways but if this is your dream keep on trying! Best of luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

iFlyUAL in Lutz, Florida said: If you've already applied at United I'd just be patient. It's just a waiting game and if they are just now getting to the people who applied in September it'll probably be awhile before they get to anyone who just recently put in an application. Sorry to hear about US Airways but if this is your dream keep on trying! Best of luck to you!

Thank You... Best of luck to you as well...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California

25 months ago

Just an update...I received an email stating I didn't meet requirements; this is because I had applied over one year ago, but I interviewed in March which is less than 12 months. So, you can reapply one year AFTER INTERVIEW date, not application date!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iFlyUAL in Lutz, Florida

25 months ago

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California said: Just an update...I received an email stating I didn't meet requirements; this is because I had applied over one year ago, but I interviewed in March which is less than 12 months. So, you can reapply one year AFTER INTERVIEW date, not application date!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully all will work out for you in the future and your dream become a reality!

25 months ago

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California said: Just an update...I received an email stating I didn't meet requirements; this is because I had applied over one year ago, but I interviewed in March which is less than 12 months. So, you can reapply one year AFTER INTERVIEW date, not application date!

Same thing happened to me when I applied in August, my interview was in September, I got two rejection emails, so I applied again based on my interview date not application date, that application seemed to have went thru because I didn't get the "you don't meet the requirement email". I think you have to reapply a year after your interview date

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California

25 months ago

Thanks iFLYUAL! I have applied at American as well so fingers crossed! Good luck to you & best wishes :)

iFlyUAL in Lutz, Florida

25 months ago

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California said: Thanks iFLYUAL! I have applied at American as well so fingers crossed! Good luck to you & best wishes :)

Thanks so much! Sending positive vibes your way for whatever you decide to do!

Tellmeaboutit in ATLANTA, Georgia

25 months ago

Living2fly in Ben Lomond, California said: Has anyone else put forth their resume/application yesterday with United Airlines ? Just wanted to start a forum to keep in touch regarding phone interviews, F2F, etc.

I did. My interview was the 5th. No word yet... Good luck to you though :)

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

I applied and filled out the questinaire/survey but I didn't say Yes to all of the bases? Is that a good or bad thing to do? Should you just say Yes no matter what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sora

25 months ago

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I applied and filled out the questinaire/survey but I didn't say Yes to all of the bases? Is that a good or bad thing to do? Should you just say Yes no matter what?

Hmmm, I did the same thin last time and I received a thank u but no email the next day...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Thanks a lot, Sora. LOL!!!!! I sort of figured that most FA don't get their choice of base anyway and they tell you that up front. I guess you should (supposed to) say Yes to all. My other train of thought was maybe they prefer someone to be honest how they feel and what specific base they would do. Of course, that's me being in denial. I'll be waiting by my mailbox (computer) waiting for the rejection letter. BTW! I am amazed at the amount of competition & FA jobs out here. And, these aren't even high paying jobs. Good luck to all no matter what airline.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

25 months ago

No disrespect, but if you read the requirements of the job before applying for ANY FA job you'd see it said, "willing to relocate to any base" AND "willing to work nights, weekends and holidays." By answering "NO" the computer will spit out an automatic rejection letter. It's the same as if you apply when you don't meet the age requirement or any other requirement they list. Not saying you should lie about anything on an airline app, but unless you're serious about this career and all it entails, you shouldn't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia

25 months ago

Does anyone know what it means when you look up your application and the status of it says open, just applied the other day and when I looked back the next day I had a different sort of screen that said "you are being considered for this position". Now it has ""open and a completely different looking screen? Also, I had been hired by United before the economy put the cabash on training, so I never got to go to training(they cancelled my class), will that help me at all, and will I be able to get that in at some point if interviewed?

iFlyUAL in Lutz, Florida

25 months ago

Dwitty in Winchester, Virginia said: Does anyone know what it means when you look up your application and the status of it says open, just applied the other day and when I looked back the next day I had a different sort of screen that said "you are being considered for this position". Now it has ""open and a completely different looking screen? Also, I had been hired by United before the economy put the cabash on training, so I never got to go to training(they cancelled my class), will that help me at all, and will I be able to get that in at some point if interviewed?

I'm not sure. I applied the other day as well and mine just says OPEN. I know that they are making their way through all of the applications and eventually will get to ours if all is well. If anyone has any input on this part of the process that would be great!

Beba in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

Is anyone going to the Houston interview, Friday 11/16 from MCO

iFlyUAL in Tampa, Florida

25 months ago

Beba in Orlando, Florida said: Is anyone going to the Houston interview, Friday 11/16 from MCO

No word yet from United. Still waiting patiently! Did you apply on November 5th as well and when did they contact you?

Beba in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

I submitted my resume about a month ago, and I got the invite 2 weeks ago... I leave tomorrow for interview on Friday...

Newark hopeful in North Brunswick, New Jersey

25 months ago

Beba in Orlando, Florida said: I submitted my resume about a month ago, and I got the invite 2 weeks ago... I leave tomorrow for interview on Friday...

How did it go?

Dreamsdocometrue in Irvington, New Jersey

25 months ago

Does anyone have Dec 12th as there interview date??? I'm so excited to head out to Houston!

25 months ago

Dreamsdocometrue in Irvington, New Jersey said: Does anyone have Dec 12th as there interview date??? I'm so excited to head out to Houston!

I'm interviewing on Dec1:

25 months ago

Dec 13

LadyinGr3y in Altamonte Springs, Florida

25 months ago

EWR2013 in Newark, New Jersey said: Dec 13

I'm also interviewing on the 13th did they tell you your flight information? I am calling tomorrow to ask for an email to be sent out to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

EWR2013 in Newark, New Jersey said: Dec 13

When did you put in your application? I got the email that my application was being forwarded to recruiting but haven't heard anything yet...it's been almost two weeks.

25 months ago

If it helps I had originally put in my application in exactly on Sept 14th. and it took all the way til November 20th. And I scheduled my interview for December 13th. hope it helps=]

25 months ago

LadyinGr3y in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: If it helps I had originally put in my application in exactly on Sept 14th. and it took all the way til November 20th. And I scheduled my interview for December 13th. hope it helps=]

Thanks I appreciate the response. Just trying to figure out their timeline. Some said that you should receive a response after the "your application is being forwarded to a recruiter" email. When you got that email how long till you received the other email to schedule your interview? Thanks again.

25 months ago

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida said: Thanks I appreciate the response. Just trying to figure out their timeline. Some said that you should receive a response after the "your application is being forwarded to a recruiter" email. When you got that email how long till you received the other email to schedule your interview? Thanks again.

I just checked my email and at the part that it says my application was forwarded to a recruiter was on Nov 8th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

LadyinGr3y in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: I just checked my email and at the part that it says my application was forwarded to a recruiter was on Nov 8th.

Ok thanks! so 12 days and they sent you that email. I figure the holiday might put them a bit behind but we shall see! Thanks again!

25 months ago

Sept 14th ( I applied)

Nov 8th (Follow up email informing me my application was forwarded to a recruiter)

Nov 20th (I was invited to schedule a date for the interview)

Hope it helps everyone. I know how it is. And my interview is Dec 13th so I am trying to find people around my date=]

25 months ago

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida said: Ok thanks! so 12 days and they sent you that email. I figure the holiday might put them a bit behind but we shall see! Thanks again!

Sure no problem.

25 months ago

LadyinGr3y in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Sept 14th ( I applied)

Nov 8th (Follow up email informing me my application was forwarded to a recruiter)

Nov 20th (I was invited to schedule a date for the interview)

Hope it helps everyone. I know how it is. And my interview is Dec 13th so I am trying to find people around my date=]

Cool! Well good luck to you!

Dreamsdocometrue in Bronx, New York

25 months ago

LadyinGr3y in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Sure no problem.

It took about 2 weeks entirely for me. For submitting my app, they responded within 2 days and then from there I waited a few days. Its different for everyone

25 months ago

Dreamsdocometrue in Bronx, New York said: It took about 2 weeks entirely for me. For submitting my app, they responded within 2 days and then from there I waited a few days. Its different for everyone

When did you apply?

Beba in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

Newark hopeful in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: How did it go?

Not like I expected.. There were about 75 individuals in the information room, and 4 stayed for a second interview... The interviewer started the conversation with,, "Do you realize that you will take a pay cut, to about 20,000.00 a year"? and will be on reserve for up to 10 years...

25 months ago

Beba in Orlando, Florida said: Not like I expected.. There were about 75 individuals in the information room, and 4 stayed for a second interview... The interviewer started the conversation with,, "Do you realize that you will take a pay cut, to about 20,000.00 a year"? and will be on reserve for up to 10 years...

Any thing else happend.. what other questions did they ask if you don't mind me asking?

Brizzychick in Bear, Delaware

25 months ago

Beba in Orlando, Florida said: Not like I expected.. There were about 75 individuals in the information room, and 4 stayed for a second interview... The interviewer started the conversation with,, "Do you realize that you will take a pay cut, to about 20,000.00 a year"? and will be on reserve for up to 10 years...

Lol....so did many walk out after that speech? What characteristics did those 4 who stayed for second interview have? Young, old, male, female or Nicole Kidman looks and physique?

Dreamsdocometrue in New Brunswick, New Jersey

25 months ago

What else happened? Did people just leave?

Dreamsdocometrue in New Brunswick, New Jersey

25 months ago

Wingz2Fly in Orlando, Florida said: When did you apply?

I applied early Nov. I tried looking for the email to see when they sent me confirmation. I must have deleted it however i found the others.

I got the email stating that they were forwarding my email to Inflight Recruiting Department on November 8th

I got the invite email on Nov 20th

And my appointment is on Dec 12th.

NanaStuart in West Lafayette, Indiana

25 months ago

Hi there, i submitted my resume to United,Delta, US airlines for Engineering positions. Does anybody know when they will start interviewing selected applicants?project engineering with United in Chicago, engineer with Delta in Atlanta,and Engineer in Charlotte NC.

25 months ago

NanaStuart in West Lafayette, Indiana said: Hi there, i submitted my resume to United,Delta, US airlines for Engineering positions. Does anybody know when they will start interviewing selected applicants?project engineering with United in Chicago, engineer with Delta in Atlanta,and Engineer in Charlotte NC.

This particular forum is dedicated to the FA process....so none of us would know...sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lady Isyss in Elk Grove, California

22 months ago

They are hiring again. I applied the 9th and got the follow up email informing me that my application had been sent to a recruiter on the 14th.

Antthpwd in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

Lady Isyss in Elk Grove, California said: They are hiring again. I applied the 9th and got the follow up email informing me that my application had been sent to a recruiter on the 14th.

I applied also.have you heard anything?mine still says we are considering you fro this position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lady Isyss in Elk Grove, California

22 months ago

Antthpwd in Los Angeles, California said: I applied also.have you heard anything?mine still says we are considering you fro this position

No, not yet. But I made some changes to my profile Saturday so I'm going to say that may slow the process down a bit. I just thought once your app gets sent to a recruiter that its only a matter of time before you get an invite.

Honestly,after reading this forum and seeing that only a hand full of speakers get hired( I only speak English) I doubt I would even waste my time. I actually have a final interview with a hiring manager of an airline tomorrow as well as a group interview with a different airline Wednesday, both for customer service(ticketers). I figure It might be easier for me to start there and apply for a flight attendant internally. But the best of luck to everyone.

22 months ago

Lady Isyss in Elk Grove, California said: No, not yet. But I made some changes to my profile Saturday so I'm going to say that may slow the process down a bit. I just thought once your app gets sent to a recruiter that its only a matter of time before you get an invite.

Honestly,after reading this forum and seeing that only a hand full of speakers get hired( I only speak English) I doubt I would even waste my time. I actually have a final interview with a hiring manager of an airline tomorrow as well as a group interview with a different airline Wednesday, both for customer service(ticketers). I figure It might be easier for me to start there and apply for a flight attendant internally. But the best of luck to everyone.

I tried for the ticketing with Virgin and Delta.I did hear from Delta,and was told i passed the phone conversation and my file would be sent over to a higher recruiter. This was last week.Nothing so far.It's hard to get it it seems. My husband works for AA as a aircraft mechanic,he was the one who told me to apply.

22 months ago

oh yeah I got a reject letter from US Air,didn't even had a phone interview lol

Ktinae23 in Glendale, California

22 months ago

I sent my application on February 12, and received an email yesterday about forwarding my email to recruiters. Does everyone get this email...or do they select profiles to continue in the process?

Ktinae23 in Glendale, California

22 months ago

Someone I know never received the initial email about their initial application. But it shows that her application was sent. Wonder if it makes a difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.