United airline Mandarin speakers or other language speakers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

chng in Sacramento, California

26 months ago

Questions:
1. is there a difference in scheduling when you are a language speaker as a new hire, i am hoping for shorter reserve life..
2. Where most likely will i be based being a Mandarin speaker, hoping for sfo

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

WSusieW in Oregon

26 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: Questions:
1. is there a difference in scheduling when you are a language speaker as a new hire, i am hoping for shorter reserve life..

Thanks

2. Most likely NJ.
United doesnt fly international in SFO i think, not sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eddy in Orlando, Florida

26 months ago

What about me, i'm bilingual english italian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WSusieW in Oregon

26 months ago

Thanks

Actually United does fly international in SFO, sorry for the wrong info.

WSusieW in Oregon

26 months ago

Eddy in Orlando, Florida said: What about me, i'm bilingual english italian

The person who calls you to interview will tell you.

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

26 months ago

WSusieW in Oregon said: Actually United does fly international in SFO, sorry for the wrong info.

WSusieW -- Well, YES -and- NO. It's kind of complicated : The Continental side of the company is the one that's hiring right now, and from what I've heard they (the subsidiary CONTINENTAL "s-CO") would be staffing any upcoming international flights from the recently opened sub bases (LAX, SFO, ORD, DEN for example) with flight attendants from other bases. For example, let's say the upcoming Shanghai (PVG) and Narita (NRT) flights that will be flying the 787 from LAX will be staffed with IAH (Houston) based flight attendants. They would work IAH-LAX, layover at hotel, then work LAX-PVG, layover, and return back to LAX, etc. The "Classic United" side (s-UA) , where I work, does fly many international flights out of SFO, but again, that's the s-UA side - we are not hiring, in fact we are furloughing flight attendants! It's the "Continental" side of the NEW UNITED AIRLINES that is hiring. For more info, check out the other United-themed threads here on Indeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

space out in Milpitas, California

26 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: WSusieW -- Well, YES -and- NO. It's kind of complicated : The Continental side of the company is the one that's hiring right now, and from what I've heard they (the subsidiary CONTINENTAL "s-CO") would be staffing any upcoming international flights from the recently opened sub bases (LAX, SFO, ORD, DEN for example) with flight attendants from other bases. For example, let's say the upcoming Shanghai (PVG) and Narita (NRT) flights that will be flying the 787 from LAX will be staffed with IAH (Houston) based flight attendants. They would work IAH-LAX, layover at hotel, then work LAX-PVG, layover, and return back to LAX, etc. The "Classic United" side (s-UA) , where I work, does fly many international flights out of SFO, but again, that's the s-UA side - we are not hiring, in fact we are furloughing flight attendants! It's the "Continental" side of the NEW UNITED AIRLINES that is hiring. For more info, check out the other United-themed threads here on Indeed.

Thank you for sharing your great info!
IAH-LAX-NRT
NRT-LAX etc... good to know!

Jj in Orlando, Florida

26 months ago

Could anyone give some insight on what the language test is like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

so most likely I'll be based in NJ? oh no...:(

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

26 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: so most likely I'll be based in NJ? oh no...:(

Did you consider applying as a non-Language flight attendant? I am also a language speaker and I sure don't like getting the same trip, over and over again while I am on my RESERVE month (but that's s-UA). I am based in San Francisco since early 2000 - I had to move all the way from Miami, FL -- since I didn't want to commute. I have been living here in the S.F. Bay Area since then.

26 months ago

I think i will still go through the training to find out where i will be based. Going to pray very hard for sfo! If i do not get it, then i will have to give up :(

Thank you for the info, please keep us update. I like to know if there are any new hires that are already done with the training and are assigned sfo,. I know in april 2013 United will have direct flights from sfo to taipei, maybe they will consider assign some of chinese speakers to sfo base..

WSusieW in Oregon

25 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: Did you consider applying as a non-Language flight attendant ? I am also a language speaker and I sure don't like getting the same trip, over and over again while I am on my RESERVE month (but that's s-UA). I am based in San Francisco since early 2000 - I had to move all the way from Miami, FL -- since I didn't want to commute. I have been living here in the S.F. Bay Area since then.

Hi,
Would it be possible to provide your email address? I have some questions regarding training/reserve/etc. Thank you!

Aeli in Vallejo, California

25 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: Did you consider applying as a non-Language flight attendant ? I am also a language speaker and I sure don't like getting the same trip, over and over again while I am on my RESERVE month (but that's s-UA). I am based in San Francisco since early 2000 - I had to move all the way from Miami, FL -- since I didn't want to commute. I have been living here in the S.F. Bay Area since then.

TO:San Francisco UA in Oakland, California,

Do you know the process of language speaker interview process? if they consider you, they will ask you to do language test on the same day? or do it later after notifying you the appying result? or it depends? I just done the 3rd interview but was told to wait for notice. there were only about 10 of people for this interview this time. Not sure if there's any opportunity for me. tks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Thanks

TO:chng in Sacramento, California,

Could you share the process of language speaker interview process? if they consider you, they will ask you to do language test on the spot or it depends? there were only about 10 of people for this interview this time. Not sure if there's any opportunity for me. I apply for Mandarin one, tks!

25 months ago

Aeli in Vallejo, California said: TO:chng in Sacramento, California,

Could you share the process of language speaker interview process? if they consider you, they will ask you to do language test on the spot or it depends? there were only about 10 of people for this interview this time. Not sure if there's any opportunity for me. I apply for Mandarin one, tks!

I went thru all three interviews, they asked me for a copy of my passport, then sent me to a room for language test. A few days later they called to offer me the position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: I went thru all three interviews, they asked me for a copy of my passport, then sent me to a room for language test. A few days later they called to offer me the position

to chng:
tks, i see, then i probably didt make it...they will def test your language the same day if you want you, right?..i guess maybe the last 2 recuiters didn't satisfy my answer, however, they ask very somple questions. My answer is normal.

Sarah in San Francisco, California

23 months ago

Aeli in Vallejo, California said: to chng:
tks, i see, then i probably didt make it...they will def test your language the same day if you want you, right?..i guess maybe the last 2 recuiters didn't satisfy my answer, however, they ask very somple questions. My answer is normal.

Hi Aeli, can you email me please? Mountaineer710@hotmail.com

StefLogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey

21 months ago

chng in Sacramento, California said: I went thru all three interviews, they asked me for a copy of my passport, then sent me to a room for language test. A few days later they called to offer me the position

I interviewed in Houston last week for a german speaker position, there was 4 of us. we all went thru all 3 interviews and the language test. they told all of us that they will email us in a week if we got the job or not. It's been 8 days and non of us have gotten an email. How long did you wait for a call back?

StefLogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey

21 months ago

Jj in Orlando, Florida said: Could anyone give some insight on what the language test is like?

lots of questions and i had to read 3 paragraphs. it took a total of about 20 mins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

S in West Covina, California

15 months ago

StefLogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: I interviewed in Houston last week for a german speaker position, there was 4 of us. we all went thru all 3 interviews and the language test. they told all of us that they will email us in a week if we got the job or not. It's been 8 days and non of us have gotten an email. How long did you wait for a call back?

Hi Steflogs,

Did you receive all afterall? I really want to know!! Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steflogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey

15 months ago

S in West Covina, California said: Hi Steflogs,

I got a thanks but no thanks email on the 9th day.

S in Diamond Bar, California

15 months ago

Steflogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: I got a thanks but no thanks email on the 9th day.

How about your other German speakers? I also finished the test but havent got any call yet. It has been 4days...i guess i will receive the thanks no thanks letter then

Flight number in California

15 months ago

I did same process as you and how long does it takes to hear back from New united?

15 months ago

S in Diamond Bar, California said: How about your other German speakers? I also finished the test but havent got any call yet. It has been 4days...i guess i will receive the thanks no thanks letter then

All other candidates also got a thanks but no thanks email. We all got it on the same day. They did not hire any of us.

15 months ago

Steflogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: All other candidates also got a thanks but no thanks email. We all got it on the same day. They did not hire any of us.

Are they ask you for a copy of passport and did you do paper work? united airlines candidate sheet?

Wesssie in Baldwin Park, California

15 months ago

Flight number in California said: Are they ask you for a copy of passport and did you do paper work? united airlines candidate sheet?

That is done prior to the language test.

15 months ago

Wesssie in Baldwin Park, California said: That is done prior to the language test.

Dis you do language test as well? If so, Are you waiting like me or did you get phone call from United?

Happy Puppy in San Diego, California

15 months ago

Flight number in California said: I did same process as you and how long does it takes to hear back from New united?

Are you get any email or phone yet? My friend get thanks but NO thanks mail. I haven get any....
Are you like me still waiting?

FA in Baldwin Park, California

15 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I am very curious that if anyone got invited for training after their interview in September 2013 ~ Oct 2013? Anyone got the congratulation call from them? And, how long it takes for them to call you? Any timeline? Thanks!! :D

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York

15 months ago

What language did everyone apply for?

santana in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

15 months ago

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York said: What language did everyone apply for?

Japanese. Going in for f2f on the 11th of Nov!

Adrifelix in Farmingdale, New York

15 months ago

Flight number in California said: Are they ask you for a copy of passport and did you do paper work? united airlines candidate sheet?

Did you hear anything back yet??

15 months ago

Adrifelix in Farmingdale, New York said: Did you hear anything back yet??

Not yet, I am waiting patiently.
How long are you waiting for? I hope we get some kind of information soon.

15 months ago

This is for folks patiently waiting phone call!!

Good News is coming your way, It will be here any Day.

Remember Fly to friendly sky!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WOW in Bayside, New York

15 months ago

StefLogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: I interviewed in Houston last week for a german speaker position, there was 4 of us. we all went thru all 3 interviews and the language test. they told all of us that they will email us in a week if we got the job or not. It's been 8 days and non of us have gotten an email. How long did you wait for a call back?

Are you a Native speaker? Sorry,I asked this question because it seem like their standard is really high. I saw Lots of People with Tbnt Letter.

15 months ago

WOW in Bayside, New York said: Are you a Native speaker? Sorry,I asked this question because it seem like their standard is really high. I saw Lots of People with Tbnt Letter.

I am a native speaker.

WOW in Bayside, New York

15 months ago

Steflogs in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: I am a native speaker.

WOW,native speaker got a TBNT Letter. What Kind of questions did they ask you on your language Test? Is it scenario questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kinkoo in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

15 months ago

Steflogs, what s your background?

dannywick in Honolulu, Hawaii

15 months ago

S in West Covina, California said: Hi Steflogs,

I've had an interview on Oct 10th, as a Japanese speaker and haven't heard anything from the company...do any of you have any idea why?

15 months ago

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York said: What language did everyone apply for?

japanese. i had an interview on oct 10th and haven't heard anything from them.

Toshgee

15 months ago

When did they start hiring?

15 months ago

dannywick in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I've had an interview on Oct 10th, as a Japanese speaker and haven't heard anything from the company...do any of you have any idea why?

I was the italian speaker in your group. I haven't heard anything either!

15 months ago

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York said: I was the italian speaker in your group. I haven't heard anything either!

oh hey! it's pretty strange that they still haven't gave us an answer...

15 months ago

dannywick in Honolulu, Hawaii said: oh hey! it's pretty strange that they still haven't gave us an answer...

I've only heard of people getting tbnt emails. I've concidered calling them to follow up but I think I'm going to wait another week and see what happens.

HappyPuppy in San Francisco, California

15 months ago

dannywick in Honolulu, Hawaii said: oh hey! it's pretty strange that they still haven't gave us an answer...

I had an interview on Oct 11, I am waiting too.

15 months ago

HappyPuppy in San Francisco, California said: I had an interview on Oct 11, I am waiting too.

What language did you apply to?

15 months ago

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York said: What language did you apply to?

Chinese

15 months ago

Hello everyone, Did you fill out IFS training sheet? and waiting?

Please share to us time line for who had ALL 3 interviews and language exam.

15 months ago

Flight number in California said: Hello everyone, Did you fill out IFS training sheet? and waiting?

Everyone who took the language test had to fill out a sheet and give a copy of their passport. But even if you did this it is not a guarantee. I've been waiting 3 weeks to hear anything from them either way.

15 months ago

Flight number in California said: Hello everyone, Did you fill out IFS training sheet? and waiting?

What language did you apply to?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.