Upcoming UNITED Flight Attendant Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 3974)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Tania in Covina, California

81 months ago

I have a phone interview with spherion tomorrow for a united flight attendant position!! sooo excitied! can anyone give me any tips? what should I expect? Will it be short or long? please let me know i would appreciate any help :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

The whole process is very confidential, but if you're serious about the position, all the details for the process can be purchased for each airline you're applying for from Kiki Ward at flightattendantcareer.com

What I can say is I went directly to United.com went to fill out the application, and was directly given questions regarding the position, and customer svc exp, etc.

Within 4 days I was called by a staffing agency, which was pretty much a meet and greet on personal appearance, how you interact while waiting 4 hours in a tiny waiting room with a staff member and general speaking abilities.

At the beginning of the interview, they inform you they will write or call in a few weeks on the status, however when they gave me time after the interview to ask questions, I asked "so I have to wait to hear on the status?" the staff member than said I jumped the gun, they congratulated me, and we scheduled a second interview a few weeks out at UAL headquarters.

2nd interview you are highly monitored on all interactions. Staff members will be in your groups when you have to assess situations and come up with resolutions or how the group as a whole comes up with a conclusion to the issues. Do not roll your eyes, or talk negatively.

You will than be given individual interviews and provided a response on going to medical at another location in a few weeks, but if you have an am interview, they sometimes do medical same day if qualified.

Business suit in blue or black is a must. No excess jewelry. Only studded earrings, small necklace, a watch and no obnoxious amount of flashy rings. Fingernails no longer than 1/4 inch and must be polished in a natural light color or french manicure. If you are due for a coloring job on your hair, get it done. Personal appearance is everything. And if you dont value how you look now, how will you represent the company. Women carry a matching purse if needed, men a portfolio. Wear panty hose or knee highs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie Willett in Cave Creek, Arizona

81 months ago

Is anyone flying out of Phoenix on the 28th of December?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Katie Willett in Cave Creek, Arizona said: Is anyone flying out of Phoenix on the 28th of December?

I have an interview on the 28th @ 9:30am!!!Im flying out of LAX. What time is your interview?

Katie in Cave Creek, Arizona

81 months ago

Mine isn't until 2:30. But I hear that you are there for about 5 hours so we'll probably be there at the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Cypress, Texas

81 months ago

I am flying out of IAH on the 28th. My interview is at 4:30pm.

las in Saint Louis, Missouri

81 months ago

I just started searching for jobs as a flight attendant, im really new at this. I do not know how to go about getting interviews... is the best way to just start turning in resumes and see who replies or should I do something more??

K in Falls Church, Virginia

81 months ago

Does anyone know where training will be? I heard its in Chicago or Denver only. Isnt there training session in Washington DC, since its one of the base.

New FA

81 months ago

Hey DWhite I am starting training in Feb for DCA is this the class you are going to be in?

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

K in Falls Church, Virginia said: Does anyone know where training will be? I heard its in Chicago or Denver only. Isnt there training session in Washington DC, since its one of the base.

They would only send you to their F/A training facilities, in Chicago for sure, I don't know about Denver. Washington probably is just an operative base, without training facilities.
I start on Jan 7th in Chicago.

SCP in Murrieta, California

81 months ago

?Are you allowed to pick which airport you work out of

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Oceanside, California

81 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Has anyone interviewed with United recently? Do you know the process? When is their next scheduled training class? Any info would be great! Thanks!

Hi, I am a flight attendant for Continental , let me give you a bit of advice. Which ever company you go with they all do the interviewing pretty much the same. If they are going to Hire you they will on the spot. The job is great training is some what difficult but, was a blast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SCP in Murrieta, California

81 months ago

Like, if I already live by San Diego, can I work out of that airport? Or do they just send you to a different part of the country?

Jessica

81 months ago

Does anyone know when the next class United is hiring for now? I have my second interview the second week of January. I have already been hired by Northwest Airlines but class doesn't start until April or May now? Any advice on the two? Thanks....and good luck!!

Jessica

81 months ago

Oh SCP...they will put you in the hub they desire...and might give you a couple choices..but San Diego is full from what I hear and has about 20 years of reserve flight attendants ahead of you. Plan on moving and when your off reserve..you can commute.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Jessica said: Does anyone know when the next class United is hiring for now? I have my second interview the second week of January. I have already been hired by Northwest Airlines but class doesn't start until April or May now? Any advice on the two? Thanks....and good luck!!

Hi Jessica, I am starting a class on Jan 7th, and I know there will be one on Jan 14th for DEN base.....So if your interview is the second week of Jan, I would think maybe they'll ask you to go to the next ones right after.....maybe Feb classes???
Either way I suggest you to stick with United, because it's a much better company to work for and in the long run you'll have many more choices with such bigger airline rather than Northwest !!! (United #2 carrier in U.S., Northwest #5)
I had your same situation, but I had to say no to Northwest even before I knew 100% I was going to the United training, and I don't regret a bit for the right choice !!!
Hang on, and good luck for your second interview, you'll get it !!!

Jessica

81 months ago

Antonio,
I am from Dallas...so we are close. I will be going through Denton tomorrow on my way to Oklahoma for Christmas.
Did you already do your background check with United? I did mine with Northwest the day I met them. You were brave to say no to Northwest before you were sure about United. Since I have to wait until April for my class, I can keep my options open!!How much time did United give you until class time? I need more than two weeks. I hear you can wait if needed?
I am looking foward to the classes and getting it behind me. I do like that Northwest has so many International flights...and they said I can commute from but I am not sure if thats true? Thanks.

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Jessica said: Antonio,
I am from Dallas...so we are close. I will be going through Denton tomorrow on my way to Oklahoma for Christmas.
Did you already do your background check with United? I did mine with Northwest the day I met them. You were brave to say no to Northwest before you were sure about United. Since I have to wait until April for my class, I can keep my options open!!How much time did United give you until class time? I need more than two weeks. I hear you can wait if needed?
I am looking foward to the classes and getting it behind me. I do like that Northwest has so many International flights...and they said I can commute from but I am not sure if thats true? Thanks.

Hey Jessica, wave at me tomorrow when you pass me by, ok??? When I interviewed with Northwest back in June, they offered me to come to training right away, on that same first interview. My training was supposed to start in September. With United it took 6 months between my second final interview, and having to go now in Jan 7th class, not by choice, but because their first available class was only then. However they do give you the option of waiting, and choose your training class, at least they did with me, so you wouldn't have to go right away if you don't want to.
International? Jessica, united flies all over the world, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, China, South America, Canada, and probably more that I don't even know, so plenty of that, trust me. The commute will not be easy on any airline as a reserve, because you have very low seniority as a stand-by, and few days off available...So either way it would be extremely hard to commute !
Plus in United you'll get to fly with me maybe, wouldn't that be enough said, :) ?

Traveling in Somewhere Out there

81 months ago

Hi there everyone! I just applied online to United a week ago. I am wondering how long it takes until they contact for an interview?

81 months ago

I applied back in september, I received an email from them about two weeks ago asking that I call them for a phone interview. I was then invited to fly out to chicago for a face to face interview. I believe it is all a "pree screen" since you are not actually meeting with United but with Spherion which is their recruiter if im not mistaken.

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Tania in Covina, California said: I applied back in september, I received an email from them about two weeks ago asking that I call them for a phone interview. I was then invited to fly out to chicago for a face to face interview. I believe it is all a "pree screen" since you are not actually meeting with United but with Spherion which is their recruiter if im not mistaken.

You're right, they are the first layer, and if they like you, the next interview is with United personnel !!!!
And if then they like you too, you get to go to training, after doing all the bureaucracy steps needed.
Did they tell you to go to a second interview Tania? Or you're waiting for them to tell you?

81 months ago

My interview with Spherion is on the 28th...sooo well see how it goes :)
Is the interview with United a group interview or a one on one?

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Tania in Covina, California said: My interview with Spherion is on the 28th...sooo well see how it goes :)
Is the interview with United a group interview or a one on one?

Well then good luck to you, hope to see you soon !!!
The first one with Spherion will be a one on one, the one with United will be a group and a one on one !
Take care

Nancy Marshall in Birmingham, Alabama

81 months ago

This would be for a Southwest flight attendant. I am interested in working for Southwest Airlines. I would like to know the process after you submit your resume, and the interview process as well as the training process. Also, I have looked over the pay scale and don't understand that either. If you are hired would it be for full time work or are you are guaranteed 8 hours or enough hours to get flights in to make a living...I just haven't found the information to get a clear understanding of the entire process...Maybe someone can direct me to a web-site or reference me to some good information.

Nancy Marshall in Birmingham, Alabama

81 months ago

This would be for a Southwest flight attendant. I am interested in working for Southwest Airlines. I would like to know the process after you submit your resume, and the interview process as well as the training process. Also, I have looked over the pay scale and don't understand that either. If you are hired would it be for full time work or are you are guaranteed 8 hours or enough hours to get flights in to make a living...I just haven't found the information to get a clear understanding of the entire process...Maybe someone can direct me to a web-site or reference me to some good information.

John McClain in Skokie, Illinois

80 months ago

Hey guys! So I went into my second interview today. The one that is offered to you after the Spherion screening in the United building near Chicago. The first part of the interview was all of introducing ourselves. Then we got into a group to discuss a issue that might occur while being a FA and asked to figure it out as a group. From there the 7 of us waited in a room, each being called individually to a one-on-one interview. In my interview I was asked 5 questions and made it to smile at every moment I got a chance to. At the end of it I was told Id be contacted within 10 days to determine whether or not I would be hired. Is that bad news? Does everyone that get hired basically get hired on the spot. It sure seems to sound like it from what I get from you guys. Can anyone be of any help? Thanks.

80 months ago

PLEASE DISREGARD THE ABOVE MESSAGE, I am very tired and a lot of what I wrote probably didnt make a lot of sense with all the errors I made. Anyways heres what I meant to say.

Hey guys! So I went into my second interview today. The one that is offered to you after the Spherion screening in the United building near Chicago. The first part of the interview was all about introducing ourselves. Then we got into a group to discuss an issue that might occur while being a FA and asked to figure it out as a group. From there the 7 of us waited in a room, each being called individually to a one-on-one interview. In my interview I was asked 5 questions and made it a point to smile every chance I received. At the end of it I was told Id be contacted within 10 days to determine whether or not I would be hired. Is that bad news? Does everyone that get hired basically get hired on the spot. It sure seems to sound like it from what I get from you guys. Can anyone be of any help? Thanks.

Mags in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

80 months ago

Jessica said: I just got back and it was fun. I go back on the 8th of Jan for the second interview. Yeah..any tips?

Be very confident and smile , smile , smile.....

80 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Has anyone interviewed with United recently? Do you know the process? When is their next scheduled training class? Any info would be great! Thanks!

Next training class will be in Feb.

80 months ago

Well Mags in Cedar ant idea on my question?

80 months ago

Traveling in Somewhere Out there said: Hi there everyone! I just applied online to United a week ago. I am wondering how long it takes until they contact for an interview?

1 week to 2 weeks.

80 months ago

John,
Just hang in there they will contact you, so not to worry.

80 months ago

Hi everybody,
Does any one know if Northwest Airlines sends you on International flights right away being a new hire. Could someone get back to me on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jessica

80 months ago

I am going to my second interview on the 8th. I hear your hired right away but that is just what I have learned on here? I am also hired by Northwest already and done my background check. I think they do let you do international right away. My sister who has been a flight attendant for 25 years suggested I go with NWA instead of United because of the international flights. I trust her judgement. John, I think they do hire some after the interview process as well, they do some double checking and go with great candidates. Did you get back home to your city on the same day? Thanks

80 months ago

Jessica said: I am going to my second interview on the 8th. I hear your hired right away but that is just what I have learned on here? I am also hired by Northwest already and done my background check. I think they do let you do international right away. My sister who has been a flight attendant for 25 years suggested I go with NWA instead of United because of the international flights. I trust her judgement. John, I think they do hire some after the interview process as well, they do some double checking and go with great candidates. Did you get back home to your city on the same day? Thanks

Jessica,
Thank you so much for giving me this info. So,is your sister an FA with NWA or?

Thanks again.
Mags

Jessica

80 months ago

Your welcome. My sister is a FA with American Airlines. Are you in the same boat as me? Hired by Northwest already and wondering which airline to go with?

80 months ago

Jessica said: Your welcome. My sister is a FA with American Airlines. Are you in the same boat as me? Hired by Northwest already and wondering which airline to go with?

Yes! I do want International flights right away.I got an offer from three diferent airlines and now confused which one to choose.... UAL or NWA .

Thank you.

MAGS

80 months ago

Mags in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Yes! I do want International flights right away.I got an offer from three diferent airlines and now confused which one to choose.... UAL or NWA .

Thank you.

MAGS

Sorry forgot to mention I turned down one Rebulic Airlines.

Jessica

80 months ago

I have a friend who works for Republic and is trying to get me to to that route. I applied with them a couple weeks ago but have not heard anything yet. My sister gave them a thumbs down. Although, he says its better money and they got a bonus for Christmas. Also, reserves only last about three months?? Any thoughts...why did you say no...and whom are you leaning towards?

Mags in Iowa City, Iowa

80 months ago

Jessica said: I have a friend who works for Republic and is trying to get me to to that route. I applied with them a couple weeks ago but have not heard anything yet. My sister gave them a thumbs down. Although, he says its better money and they got a bonus for Christmas. Also, reserves only last about three months?? Any thoughts...why did you say no...and whom are you leaning towards?

Republic is only domestic that's why I turned them down. I am leaning towards NWA.

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

80 months ago

What does everyone think about NWA, seems to be the easiest mainline carrier to get hired with, but I hear so much bad stuff about NWA.

malti in HHI, South Carolina

80 months ago

Mags in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Yes! I do want International flights right away.I got an offer from three diferent airlines and now confused which one to choose.... UAL or NWA .

Thank you.

MAGS

If you want International right away.. NWA. UAL is a long wait for International unless you get one on res.
which is rare but happens.
UAL is a better company to work for tho.

malti in HHI, South Carolina

80 months ago

John McClain in Skokie, Illinois said: Hey guys! So I went into my second interview today. The one that is offered to you after the Spherion screening in the United building near Chicago. The first part of the interview was all of introducing ourselves. Then we got into a group to discuss a issue that might occur while being a FA and asked to figure it out as a group. From there the 7 of us waited in a room, each being called individually to a one-on-one interview. In my interview I was asked 5 questions and made it to smile at every moment I got a chance to. At the end of it I was told Id be contacted within 10 days to determine whether or not I would be hired. Is that bad news? Does everyone that get hired basically get hired on the spot. It sure seems to sound like it from what I get from you guys. Can anyone be of any help? Thanks.

United is known to hire on the spot.
Same with Continental. Delta is the only airline recently that has hired people on the spot and hired people two weeks after the interview.
If you are not accepted with United the letter arrives in about 7 days.
Good luck!

liliana in Alexandria, Virginia

80 months ago

when flight attendants "commute" does that mean taking a flight to your base, or just driving distance to your base airport?

80 months ago

Hi !
Does anyone know when is the next training session for NWA start other than Jan 8th?

Thanks.

Jessica

80 months ago

About NWA, my recruiter told me to expect to start training in April or May....maybe sooner but doubtful and I was hired mid December.

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

80 months ago

I am not understanding how it is possible to get inernational right away with NWA when some of their FA's that have been with the company for 10 years are still on reserve. Don't quote me on that but that is the last thing that I've heared. Does anyone know how long is reserve for United in ORD?

FoxAlpha

80 months ago

One year give or take and the base plays a part in it also!

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

I was never given a number to call during the United application. does that mean that i'm not a qualified candidate?

Jessica

80 months ago

I have heard from a couple others that they were called later. I may have something to do with the hours or time you filled out the application?

Is anyone else going to the second interview at the WHQ on the 8th? I am looking forward to it. Any suggestions? I was told it would be fun and to just join in the games.

Thanks everyone.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.