Upcoming UNITED Flight Attendant Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 3974)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Mags in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

80 months ago

Take my advise and wear a black skirt or pant.It will help. You have to look professional, that's what they observe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

READY2 GO in Burlington, North Carolina

80 months ago

So was there anybody there not in black or blue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

READY2 GO in Burlington, North Carolina

80 months ago

oh & thanks mags !

80 months ago

Everyone wore black suits and just a couple wore light colored
outfits and one of them was aldy who I made friends with and shedidn't get it.

80 months ago

Welcome!

New FlyGirl

80 months ago

There weren't too many people not in dark colored suits when I went either. I wore a grey suit for my first interview and a brown one for my HQ int.

80 months ago

It's up to you with whatever you feel confident wearing.

New FlyGirl

80 months ago

Mags,

Since I start a couple of weeks before you we will have to get together when you get there so I can fill you in.

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

80 months ago

Mags in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: It's up to you with whatever you feel confident wearing.

Mags, did they say anything about reserve time in ORD?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LISA LADY in FRENCHI, Nebraska

80 months ago

any word on what classes UAL is training for in march?

80 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Mags, did they say anything about reserve time in ORD?

Silly me ,I forgot to ask them.

80 months ago

New FlyGirl said: Mags,

Since I start a couple of weeks before you we will have to get together when you get there so I can fill you in.

Sounds good!!!

David

80 months ago

I have my second interview at the WHQ next week. My passport is expired, is that going to be an issue? Do they give you time to get it renewed or even ask about it? Thanks

Vanessa Mesquita-Fay in Burlington, Vermont

80 months ago

Not at all!!!! you will have time to take care of your passport, but do it sooner then later

80 months ago

Yes, But you need to send in your passport soon as possible and have them expidite it for you.

New FlyGirl

80 months ago

Hey Mags...have you heard when they give you access to the website that has all the information about training?

80 months ago

They give all that info to you once you are hired. They will
e-mail it to you.

David in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

They give you the information about the passport at the second interview? I went and got mine today...will have it by 3 - 6 -08. IS that good enough!!

80 months ago

When is your training?

constp8ed in Omaha, Nebraska

80 months ago

hey mags and new fly girl

i have a qn...did u guys receive a confirmation email or phone call for the class that u guys chose?

New FlyGirl

80 months ago

I got a confirmation letter the day I was hired and did my finger printing. The letter said that closer to training we would get access to a web site that would answer questions on what to bring to training etc. I have not received that yet.

Qurious in Jackson, California

80 months ago

Does anyone know what bases they're offering right now?

Claudia in Pompano Beach, Florida

80 months ago

I have an interview with Spherion next week on Chicago. I am definitely going to wear a suit but do you think is better a skirt or pants? I have both and both are elegant. Any imput will be appreciate it. Thanks!

David in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

I don't think it matters which one. Wear the one that makes you feel most confident or is dark in color, blue, grey are great colors. Make sure nails are perfect and shoes look great. Smile and firm handshake.

80 months ago

David in Dallas, Texas said: I don't think it matters which one. Wear the one that makes you feel most confident or is dark in color, blue, grey are great colors. Make sure nails are perfect and shoes look great. Smile and firm handshake.

Thanks so much David!

Beth in Alamogordo, New Mexico

80 months ago

Claudia in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have an interview with Spherion next week on Chicago. I am definitely going to wear a suit but do you think is better a skirt or pants? I have both and both are elegant. Any imput will be appreciate it. Thanks!

I, too, have an interview in Chicago next week on Friday. Due to my location I have to arrive the night before and then as luck would have it all the flights out on Friday are booked full so I will be leaving on Saturday. If anyone falls into this catagory let me know.

David

80 months ago

Beth,
Call ahead and put yourself on waitlist on the first flight after your interview. You might get on. I had the same problem and I waitlisted myself and was number 17 and got on the flight. Good luck.

80 months ago

Thank you David. I will do that. All information is greatly appreciated. I did not even think about a stand by option.

David

80 months ago

Your welcome, You have to do the "wait list" on the phone. They didnt want to do it for one of the girls I was with for some reason?? (The ticket agents) but the reservationist on the phone was more than happy to do it for us. Good luck, its a lot of fun. They are very busy. After you check in at the front, wait a few minutes, go back and get your id and go upstairs to sign in.....Be very polite, patient and smile up stairs at all times. They will get you out according to your flight time.

80 months ago

Beth in Alamogordo, New Mexico said: I, too, have an interview in Chicago next week on Friday. Due to my location I have to arrive the night before and then as luck would have it all the flights out on Friday are booked full so I will be leaving on Saturday. If anyone falls into this catagory let me know.

My interview is on Wednesday afternoon. I'll arrive the same day leaving next day in the morning.

80 months ago

I am glad I am not the only one to have to stay a night. It says you cannot take more than two days for all of this but it just did not work out. I have e-mailed Spherion to make sure I am not breaking any rules, just in case.
Good luck and I hope we cross paths one day!

nieka in irvington, New Jersey

80 months ago

Hi I would like to know is there anyone interviewing on
1-15-08 at 9:30 am in chicago leaving from nwk airport.

littlered in Apex, North Carolina

80 months ago

Mark Casis in Oregon said: Lisa Lady

I was offered the job on the spot at the end of my second interview with UAL in Chicago and did my paperwork and fingerprinting there and then straight after I came out of the interview room. They then scheduled a medical the following week. They will fly you to the medical because they use preferred doctors in different places and not every state has one so they will fly you to the closest.

did you know that you were going for the second interview after you were done with the first interview or did they call you afterwards

80 months ago

Beth in Alamogordo, New Mexico said: I am glad I am not the only one to have to stay a night. It says you cannot take more than two days for all of this but it just did not work out. I have e-mailed Spherion to make sure I am not breaking any rules, just in case.
Good luck and I hope we cross paths one day!

Same to you Beth. Hopefully we can meet on training!!!

micheal in Brooklyn, New York

80 months ago

hi i have a phone pre screen , does anyone know what question hey asked and how long the process is

mags in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

micheal in Brooklyn, New York said: hi i have a phone pre screen , does anyone know what question hey asked and how long the process is

It's very simple ,so not to worry.... be very confident when anwering your question. The ques are just general questions. Best of luck!

80 months ago

It was easy compared to some. Yes and no and then some comment/essay type ones like in the Kiki Ward book. Read those and have some sort of answer ready for each, just in case. My interviewer was wonderful.

80 months ago

I went to a face to face interview last week at Spherion . I felt like the interview went good. I had bought the overview and book from Kiki to help prepare me. None of my questions were the same at all. I still felt like it prepared me for a good interview though. My question to anyone who has made it to the second interview is; Did you know when you left Spherion that you had a second interview at the UA Headquarters or did they contact you at a later date?

KMP in Seattle, Washington

80 months ago

You will know on the spot if you have a 2nd interview. BTW anyone who needs a book or a guide to get this job aren't cut out for it. Those guides and classes to prep you are scams. There is no need to pay for it. You either have what they are looking for or you don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I would not say that the books are Bibles or anything but at least they get you thinking and prepared for a question and what it is like to be a flight attendant.

80 months ago

KMP in Seattle, Washington said: You will know on the spot if you have a 2nd interview. BTW anyone who needs a book or a guide to get this job aren't cut out for it. Those guides and classes to prep you are scams. There is no need to pay for it. You either have what they are looking for or you don't.

Thanks for replying but I didn't ask for your opinion on whether I was cut out to be a flight attendant or not!!! I only bought the book to help me prepare. If UA is looking for someone like you having a complete negative attitude then I'm glad I didn't get a second interview because this is not who I am!!!! My momma always told me if I didn't have something good to say then keep it to myself. Thanks for your response.

80 months ago

I'm going to be flying on Wed for an interview with Spherion and I am planning going straight from the airport to their offices because I don't want to be late. Do you know if it's going to be a problem going with my luggage? I'm going to the hotel after the interview. Thanks!

M in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

80 months ago

Nope you should be fine!

Paul

80 months ago

Anyone going to be at the United WHQ this Wednesday for the second interview?

80 months ago

M in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Nope you should be fine!

Thanks so much M!!

flipntwist2002 in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

i have my one on one in chicago on jan 25th.anyone else have that day?

M in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

80 months ago

Welcome!

M in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

80 months ago

Claudia in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Thanks so much M!!

Claudia,
You can keep your luggage in the waiting room , and when you are called in for the interview you can take your luggage with you.

80 months ago

M in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: Claudia,
You can keep your luggage in the waiting room , and when you are called in for the interview you can take your luggage with you.

Thanks again M. Very kind of you to answer my question. I don't want to take any chance on being late for my interview just for stopping by at the hotel to drop-off my things, specially when it's my first time on Chicago and I'm not familiar with the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

80 months ago

If you just one small suitcase a carry on you should be fine! While you await your turn in the waiting room they make you keep your suitcase by the desk and then take it with you when you go for the interview. Best of luck to you!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.