Upcoming UNITED Flight Attendant Interview

Comments (3401 to 3450 of 3977)
Page:  « First « Previous   66  67  68  69  70  71  72  Next »   Last »

Stinkidog in Temperance, Michigan

27 months ago

Can some of you share your beginning to end timeline, as far as when you applied, interviewed, received a CJO. It almost seems all over the place. Some say "I applied yesterday and got the email for my interview today!" and some seem to take months.

G03231 in Brooklyn, New York

27 months ago

p_w in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: I'm a FA with s/co (subsidiary continental).... and wanted wish everyone good luck with their upcoming interviews

Hi! It's my pleasure to meet you here.

I have been selected to training class. Hope you can give me some guidance.

Here is my email -> jfk_henry@yahoo.com

cheers

MicroROC in Glen Rock, New Jersey

27 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: what im trying to say is, don't be discouraged. Keep going for what you want! Good luck to all! :)

Congrats,

Did they tell you which base you are assigned to?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

27 months ago

I totally agree with Kyle in Salt Lake, NEVER pass up a chance to interview with an airline! I am thinking about interviewing again with United in April, I interviewed April a year ago and did not get a CJO! Every recruiter is different and even though I think sometimes my age is a problem, I keep thinking my tons of customer service experience and that I have been a f/a before is going to get me hired! Hang in there everyone!!!!

EWRFA in New Jersey

27 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: I totally agree with Kyle in Salt Lake, NEVER pass up a chance to interview with an airline! I am thinking about interviewing again with United in April, I interviewed April a year ago and did not get a CJO! Every recruiter is different and even though I think sometimes my age is a problem, I keep thinking my tons of customer service experience and that I have been a f/a before is going to get me hired! Hang in there everyone!!!!

Good luck!

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota

27 months ago

Anyone on there way to Houston for interviews tomorrow :)

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

For those who are looking for a hotel. I just spoke to Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport (TX112)
15555 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Houston, TX, US, 77032 and the special rate you'll get is 49.99 plus tx $58.49 is the total.

You must take your invitation upon arrival to the hotel in order to get the discount. They also said there's no need to make reservation since they have plenty rooms available. If you prefer reserve a room ahead, fax them your invitation.

Is anyone going on March 19th and wants to share a room?

Please advice.

Thank you

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: For those who are looking for a hotel. I just spoke to Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport (TX112)
15555 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Houston, TX, US, 77032 and the special rate you'll get is 49.99 plus tx $58.49 is the total.

You must take your invitation upon arrival to the hotel in order to get the discount. They also said there's no need to make reservation since they have plenty rooms available. If you prefer reserve a room ahead, fax them your invitation.

Is anyone going on March 19th and wants to share a room?

Please advice.

Thank you

Good luck on your interview on the 19th, have you interviewed with United in the past, did you put your application in with Delta?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

27 months ago

To UR FA McKinney, Tx: Good luck on your interview on the 19th, have you interviewed with United in the past? Did you put your application in at Delta?

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: To UR FA McKinney, Tx: Good luck on your interview on the 19th, have you interviewed with United in the past? Did you put your application in at Delta?

Thank you sweet one! I have submited my application to Delta and JetBlue as well. They both are "under review".
Lets see where the journey is going to take me!

How about you? What is your status?

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: Thank you sweet one! I have submited my application to Delta and JetBlue as well. They both are "under review".
Lets see where the journey is going to take me!

How about you? What is your status?

Just a couple of questions for you. I have watched and just today checked out Delta FA Positions and they are only hiring for specific languages. Did you get an App put in for a General FA Position?

Also, I had been watching JetBlue and hadn't seen any FA positions being offered as of lately in the past 2 weeks.

Your thoughts?

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri

27 months ago

I am heading to the F2F Interview in Houston on the 13th of March. Is anyone else going the same day?

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri said: Just a couple of questions for you. I have watched and just today checked out Delta FA Positions and they are only hiring for specific languages. Did you get an App put in for a General FA Position?

Also, I had been watching JetBlue and hadn't seen any FA positions being offered as of lately in the past 2 weeks.

Your thoughts?

As far as Delta keep in mind they are only hiring 400 at this time, and the non-language option was one of the applications they received the most.

As far as JetBlue it has a feature that is sent to your email when "Inflight Crew" opens. This is the link, see if still available. But that is the word you have to look for "Inflight Crew"

workhere.jetblue.com/sap(bD1lbiZjPTEwMCZkPW1pbg==)/bc/bsp/sap/zhrcf_apply_ext/application.do

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri said: Just a couple of questions for you. I have watched and just today checked out Delta FA Positions and they are only hiring for specific languages. Did you get an App put in for a General FA Position?

Also, I had been watching JetBlue and hadn't seen any FA positions being offered as of lately in the past 2 weeks.

Your thoughts?

JetBlue reminder was sent on Feb 21st

"Dear Potential Crewmember,

Based on the search criteria you've identified, we thought you may be interested in the following opportunity that has just become available at JetBlue Airways:

Interest Group: Inflight Services

Job Posting: Inflight Crew

Reference Code:

In order to view and apply for this position, please go to (go to their website) and login to your profile. Click the "Find By Reference Code" link and enter the Reference Code listed above.

You are receiving this email because you expressed interest in receiving notifications about opportunities in Inflight Services at JetBlue. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you must change your interest group setting attached to your profile to "None". You can do this by logging into your profile and clicking on the "Notify Me About Opportunities" link.

Thank you for your interest in JetBlue, a nice place to land.

Sincerely,

People Department
JetBlue

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota said: Anyone on there way to Houston for interviews tomorrow :)

Hey Kimmy2314 I'm here in Houston can't wait for the interview tomorrow.

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: Thank you sweet one! I have submited my application to Delta and JetBlue as well. They both are "under review".
Lets see where the journey is going to take me!

How about you? What is your status?

I have my application in at American, Delta and Jet Blue, I have not heard anything from any of them. Have you interviewed at United before?

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota

27 months ago

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey Kimmy2314 I'm here in Houston can't wait for the interview tomorrow.

Hey what hotel you staying at?,

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: I have my application in at American, Delta and Jet Blue, I have not heard anything from any of them. Have you interviewed at United before?

This is my 1st time with United… Do you have a F2F date yet?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: This is my 1st time with United… Do you have a F2F date yet?

Not yet, I interviewed with them last April, so I can't apply until April. I remember you posting on the American message board, have you been a f/a before?

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: Not yet, I interviewed with them last April, so I can't apply until April. I remember you posting on the American message board, have you been a f/a before?

Yes i was… back in the 90's. but a LOT has change, now lets see how the dynamic of United session would be like.

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: JetBlue reminder was sent on Feb 21st

"Dear Potential Crewmember,

Based on the search criteria you've identified, we thought you may be interested in the following opportunity that has just become available at JetBlue Airways:

Interest Group: Inflight Services

Job Posting: Inflight Crew

Reference Code:

In order to view and apply for this position, please go to (go to their website) and login to your profile. Click the "Find By Reference Code" link and enter the Reference Code listed above.

You are receiving this email because you expressed interest in receiving notifications about opportunities in Inflight Services at JetBlue. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you must change your interest group setting attached to your profile to "None". You can do this by logging into your profile and clicking on the "Notify Me About Opportunities" link.

Thank you for your interest in JetBlue, a nice place to land.

Sincerely,

People Department
JetBlue

Awesome and thanks for the heads up!

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri said: Awesome and thanks for the heads up!

You are very welcome :)

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota said: Hey what hotel you staying at?,

Country inn and suites

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota

27 months ago

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Country inn and suites

I'm staying at comfort suites but there right across from each other

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri

27 months ago

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota said: I'm staying at comfort suites but there right across from each other

Good Luck to you Kimmy!!!!!

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

kimmy2314 in st cloud, Minnesota said: I'm staying at comfort suites but there right across from each other

Ok well we can meet up if you want. My email is Candis_Ferguson@yahoo.com

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Ok well we can meet up if you want. My email is Candis_Ferguson@yahoo.com

when is your F2F?

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: when is your F2F?

My F2F is Tomorrow :-)

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia said: My F2F is Tomorrow :-)

oh wow good luck!!! mine is on march 19th. keep me posted please

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

Ok :-)

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri

27 months ago

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Ok :-)

Good Luck to you as well Sweet Melody! Mine is March 13th....so I will be right behind you as well.

Sweet_Melody07 in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

NewHire2B in Springfield, Missouri said: Good Luck to you as well Sweet Melody! Mine is March 13th....so I will be right behind you as well.

Thanks, I wish you much success on yours as well...I will keep you all updated :-)

TAM in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Hi everyone!

I'm applying for an FA position with United-super excited! I currently work for a regional carrier that has a partnership with United. I'm based at ORD, so I basically only do United flights. Does anyone have any tips for me for the interview process since I have experience working United flights?

Also, these applications are technically under Continental, but there's no difference in terms of FA jobs, right? It's all basically United?

Hankmeister in Port Saint Joe, Florida

27 months ago

TAM in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi everyone!

I'm applying for an FA position with United-super excited! I currently work for a regional carrier that has a partnership with United. I'm based at ORD, so I basically only do United flights. Does anyone have any tips for me for the interview process since I have experience working United flights?

Also, these applications are technically under Continental, but there's no difference in terms of FA jobs, right? It's all basically United?

Hi to you! And good luck. As far as I know, yes, the terms for Contintental are the same as United's.

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

Hankmeister in Port Saint Joe, Florida said: Hi to you! And good luck. As far as I know, yes, the terms for Contintental are the same as United's.

A future FA told me the following "You are a candidate for Continental (not UA). therefore, you can only fly CO routes/aircraftss with other CO crews in the mean time."

Hankmeister in Port Saint Joe, Florida

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: A future FA told me the following "You are a candidate for Continental (not UA). therefore, you can only fly CO routes/aircraftss with other CO crews in the mean time."

I meant pay, hours, rules & regulations. That sort of thing.

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

Hankmeister in Port Saint Joe, Florida said: I meant pay, hours, rules & regulations. That sort of thing.

That should be a question to be asked during orientation so who ever is going this week please ask this question and keep us post it.

Remember to pay attention to the video and takes notes, Ive seen this a lot in other forums, it seems is something important during the session.

Good luck to all of you!

ollen royce in miami

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: This is the part that has me wondering if I should go to the interview "YOU WILL BE ON RESERVE FOR MOST OF YOUR CAREER" I read this on another forum, you'll be 5 years on reserve. In other words, you are wasting those years just to be called for a flight? Doesn't make sense.

Any one has heard or read the same thing?

i know people that just graduated UAL inflight, and they got line numbers out of graduation. Many current CO and UA FA are retiring and taking packages, thats why they are hiring, they are also short staffed. There are plenty of lines to fill according to what i have been told and read. I interviewd in IAH in january and got a CJO that day and start in two weeks. Even if your reserve you still go everywhere and still have the hours. FA isnt a job its a life style, UA gives you a raise every year reserve or not and like i said u will still see the world, upon graduation u will be internationally and domestically certified. If u want to fly, go to the interview and try, u dont want to ask urself WHAT IF I WENT

UR FA in McKinney, Texas

27 months ago

ollen royce in miami said: i know people that just graduated UAL inflight, and they got line numbers out of graduation. Many current CO and UA FA are retiring and taking packages, thats why they are hiring, they are also short staffed. There are plenty of lines to fill according to what i have been told and read. I interviewd in IAH in january and got a CJO that day and start in two weeks. Even if your reserve you still go everywhere and still have the hours. FA isnt a job its a life style, UA gives you a raise every year reserve or not and like i said u will still see the world, upon graduation u will be internationally and domestically certified. If u want to fly, go to the interview and try, u dont want to ask urself WHAT IF I WENT

Thank you so much for clarifying this or me and others that where wondering about being on reserve for 10 years.

I did hear about the retiring packages so it all makes senses.

Do you know where most FA will be based at? They told me Houston and NY because that is where seniority lives, but with this industry you never know.

TAM in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Hankmeister in Port Saint Joe, Florida said: I meant pay, hours, rules & regulations. That sort of thing.

I've heard that with the merger, CO will eventually disappear and everything will be strictly UAL. Is this true? How will that affect people who get hired for CO?

basira in Chatsworth, California

27 months ago

hi guys! I'm getting flown out to Houston on Tuesday.. and interviewing on Wednesday? anyone else out there those days?

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

27 months ago

TAM in Chicago, Illinois said: I've heard that with the merger, CO will eventually disappear and everything will be strictly UAL. Is this true? How will that affect people who get hired for CO?

AS IT'S BEEN Explained before many times on this and other UNITED forums : The company name is UNITED. At this time there is still a "Continental" operation (referred to as s-CO subsidiary Continental) and a "United" operation (s-UA). All this flight attendant hiring is for the s-CO side only. You'd be trained on the aircraft that are flown by the "Continental" side and work the routes flown by those planes. I work for the s-UA side, flight attnd. based in San Francisco (SFO. SFO at this time happens to be a junior base for the s-CO side and a senior base for the s-UA side. I know it may be kind of hard to get a full grasp of what's going on -- but in simple terms, it's two separate airlines with different pay rates, reserve and work rules under one corporate name. OUR Different work groups throughout the airline - ramp, mechanics, customer service agents, and us Flight Attendants are all negotiating joint Labor Contracts with our respective unions and United management. Pilots have come together and have started to slowly integrate. I hope this helps explain our current corporate culture. Good Luck to all you prospective new hires. It's a great job once you've completed 5 years and have gotten the hang of it. I have 13 years at United and love the flying and the free time/schedule flexibility and the chance I've had to have flown to so many countries both on work trips and vacations. There's no job quite like it!

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

27 months ago

TAM in Chicago, Illinois said: I've heard that with the merger, CO will eventually disappear and everything will be strictly UAL. Is this true? How will that affect people who get hired for CO?

As It's been explained several times before on this and other UNITED forums : For the time being UNITED is operating as two separate airlines. The "Continental" side (or as we call it, subsidiary Continental, s-CO) is the one that's hiring now. As a new hire flight attendant you'd be signing the contract that's currently effective under s-CO. I have worked for s-UA (subsidiary United) for almos 13 years and love my job. I love the flexibility of my schedules and the chances I've had to travel to many countries around the world both on work flights and on vacation!! I am based in San Francisco (SFO) and it happens to be a junior base for s-CO but a senior base for s-UA. We have many flight attendants with 40 or 45 years of f/a seniority. They usually fly the Beijing or Shanghai or Frankfurt flights - as they are very sought-after. I personally like Sydney and Honolulu. Once you've been flying for 5 years or so, you pretty much have the hang of it. It's a great job and lifestyle! Best of Luck to you potential new-hires...and hopefully soon we will all be flying under ONE SINGLE work contract. I hope this kind of explain what's going on at "UNITED AIRLINES".

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California

27 months ago

SORRY For the Double Post folks -- My first one hadn't gone thru.

basira in Chatsworth, California

27 months ago

sawaldrop in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: I applied yesterday and was scheduled they called me one hour later to schedule an interview! I was very busy at the time so i couldn't actually talk so they rescheduled for today and I have an interview this coming Wednesday, February 27th! This is all so very exciting but it is happing so fast that it is hard to process! The thing I am most worried about is the language test. I am confident with my German , but I can sometimes get nervous in situations like these! When they called they asked me how good my German was on a scale of 1-10 and I said 7. I hope a 7 will pass the test :)

email me! basirar@gmail.com

basira in Chatsworth, California

27 months ago

sawaldrop in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: I applied yesterday and was scheduled they called me one hour later to schedule an interview! I was very busy at the time so i couldn't actually talk so they rescheduled for today and I have an interview this coming Wednesday, February 27th! This is all so very exciting but it is happing so fast that it is hard to process! The thing I am most worried about is the language test. I am confident with my German , but I can sometimes get nervous in situations like these! When they called they asked me how good my German was on a scale of 1-10 and I said 7. I hope a 7 will pass the test :)

ill be there the same day! email me basirar@gmail.com

sawaldrop in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

27 months ago

basira in Chatsworth, California said: ill be there the same day! email me basirar@gmail.com

I just emailed you! :)

Kyle

27 months ago

I'm off to Houston today for the interview tomorrow! If anyone else is going and wants to meet up, let me know! I get in at 4:37pm. Staying at the Country Inn and Suites by the airport. Email me. Kyle.Joseph.Mullin@gmail.com

Hankmeister in Port Saint Joe, Florida

27 months ago

San Francisco UA in Oakland, California said: As It's been explained ...edit...
I hope this kind of explain what's going on at "UNITED AIRLINES".

Thanks much for this explanation. Very helpful!

Positivebeamoflight in Savannah, Georgia

27 months ago

UR FA in McKinney, Texas said: For those who are looking for a hotel. I just spoke to Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport (TX112)
15555 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Houston, TX, US, 77032 and the special rate you'll get is 49.99 plus tx $58.49 is the total.

You must take your invitation upon arrival to the hotel in order to get the discount. They also said there's no need to make reservation since they have plenty rooms available. If you prefer reserve a room ahead, fax them your invitation.

Is anyone going on March 19th and wants to share a room?

Please advice.

Thank you

Hey there.......I am wondering was this just recently?? I just called to book a room there for the 6th and they stated that the rate was 79.99 with the discount! If that's the case I would need to try to find somewhere else because I have to stay 2 days due to my flight arrangements.

Page:  « First « Previous   66  67  68  69  70  71  72  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.