Upcoming UNITED Flight Attendant Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3951 to 3978 of 3978)
Page:  « First « Previous   77  78  79  80   

zed in dALLAS, Texas

38 months ago

KYflyer in Kentucky said: she does? i've only heard horror stories about emirates... beware!
please do your research before agreeing to work for them - be aware that you will be put in dormitory style housing from the company, you can't have visitors of the opposite sex stay the night, even your friends and family can only stay a certain number of days throughout the year. you are constantly being watched.
yes the pay is very good but you also work a LOT for it.
not sure if they have changed the medical policy, but last I heard you had to get all the tests done yourself - and also pay for them yourself which cost people a few hundred dollars.

A Lot of stuff on your list really wont bother me ...I guess it depends on the person. Also like you said you should find out all this going in so it wont be a surprise. I just wish that the US would make any airline who want to fly here uphold our hiring laws on discrimination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sunnyil in chicago, Illinois

38 months ago

KYflyer in Kentucky said: she does? i've only heard horror stories about emirates... beware!
please do your research before agreeing to work for them - be aware that you will be put in dormitory style housing from the company, you can't have visitors of the opposite sex stay the night, even your friends and family can only stay a certain number of days throughout the year. you are constantly being watched.
not sure if they have changed the medical policy, but last I heard you had to get all the tests done yourself - and also pay for them yourself which cost people a few hundred dollars.

KY Flyer, i worked myself for Emirates .. And let me tell you your information they're not very accurate .. You are being watched during training only. As for visitors let me tell you the apartments they provide they are all very nice you get your own bedroom and own bathroom as well. As in for visitors .. You cant have a visitor from outside the company anyway after 01:00 am and no one should spend the night unless you send a request for that matter. You get 30 days a year for your visitors to sleep over ... These rules they only apply for non-Emirates employees .. I mean, if your visitor works for Emirates then she/he can sleep over without any requests being submitted they don't care if it is the same or opposite sex especially if you're a Western ! It is gonna cost you some $$ for your initial checks here in the U.S however when you go to Dubai and join they will send you your confirmed tickets . They will provide you the accommodation the moment you arrive and you will be paid during training .. The first year you will be getting paid about 1500USD to 2000USD per month plus you will get money allowance on your layovers AND you wont be paying from your tax free salary for your accommodation, you wont be paying for electric bills or water cause these bills are paid already by Emirates !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunnyil in chicago, Illinois

38 months ago

Sunny IL in chicago, Illinois said: KY Flyer, i worked myself for Emirates .. And let me tell you your information they're not very accurate .. You are being watched during training only. As for visitors let me tell you the apartments they provide they are all very nice you get your own bedroom and own bathroom as well. As in for visitors .. You cant have a visitor from outside the company anyway after 01:00 am and no one should spend the night unless you send a request for that matter. You get 30 days a year for your visitors to sleep over ... These rules they only apply for non-Emirates employees .. I mean, if your visitor works for Emirates then she/he can sleep over without any requests being submitted they don't care if it is the same or opposite sex especially if you're a Western ! It is gonna cost you some $$ for your initial checks here in the U.S however when you go to Dubai and join they will send you your confirmed tickets . They will provide you the accommodation the moment you arrive and you will be paid during training .. The first year you will be getting paid about 1500USD to 2000USD per month plus you will get money allowance on your layovers AND you wont be paying from your tax free salary for your accommodation, you wont be paying for electric bills or water cause these bills are paid already by Emirates !

**they will of course send your confirmed tickets before you join :D am sorry :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Loveyoga in Union City, California

37 months ago

Help needed in looking for any details of the announcement which we need to read during interview. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TakeflightDev in San Luis Obispo, California

37 months ago

Anyone know when United is going to start up interviews for non-LOD again? Still bummed about my interview being cancelled and can't wait to get another one scheduled!!

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

37 months ago

TakeflightDev in San Luis Obispo, California said: Anyone know when United is going to start up interviews for non-LOD again? Still bummed about my interview being cancelled and can't wait to get another one scheduled!!

Someone posted on this forum that in her OH, they said not until Sept. or Jan. 2014.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela Rojs in louiville, Kentucky

36 months ago

I don't know where you get your information from, but from what I know and have close friend experienced Emerites

36 months ago

Ahhhh Emirates, some people only wishes to be part of those elegant crew members parading through internationals airports throughout the world and get paid for, instead of working US domestics flights non stop. Hey, you have to be good looking and young if you want to work for Emirates, and smart, of course. Non of the US ghetto shet that US carriers hires.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

KYflyer in Kentucky said: Earlier in this thread I read the same thing... apparently United has some very odd hiring practices. And I don't think it's just people who are bitter that they didn't get taken - you read about this kinda thing a lot more on this thread than any other airline 's interview thread.
I also know a girl who I thought would never in a million years get taken by any airline and she actually got a CJO from UA, so I too am confused as to what they're looking for lol

yes, they only hire ghetto bitter people. Take a flight and see for yourself the kind of people that serves your coke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

anothersurvivor in Boston, Massachusetts said: I don't understand why people are on here stressing out over an interview for a job that pays well below minimum wage if you average out the actual amount of hours you will be on duty. IF you get it then good for you! If not then move forward. There are so many well paying jobs out there that start off at even three times what this job is paying.

What's so glamorous about sleeping in a bunk bed in a crash pad or being on call for the rest of your life?

Most companies actually pay people to relocate or give you a sign-on bonus!

Amen, People who have never worked as FA think "OHH my $21.47 -$40.00 an hour is alot, but in reality you make minimum wage if not less if you take into consideration the amount of time that you give the airlines. First, you have to check in one hour before your flight and spend lots of hours in airports in between flights and not get paid for. Second, your flight is delay due to maintenance, whether, people etc, you don't get paid and we are talking about hours four five six hours or more. Third you don't work 160 a month like any regular job, you'll lucky if you work 80hrs a month at $20.49 and pay your bills etc... But the worse thing is being expose to sick people from all walks of life and you don't know what you are taking home to your loving family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

30 months ago

Pamela Rojs in louiville, Kentucky said: Ahhhh Emirates, some people only wishes to be part of those elegant crew members parading through internationals airports throughout the world and get paid for, instead of working US domestics flights non stop. Hey, you have to be good looking and young if you want to work for Emirates, and smart, of course. Non of the US ghetto shet that US carriers hires.

You have to give your passport up for safe keeping to all the Arab airlines should you get hired ????

Not sure I agree with that rule. And those uniforms look drab to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

long haul in Fair Lawn, New Jersey

30 months ago

GermanFA in Clarksville, Tennessee said: Just so you know, I received a call a day after returning home inviting me to training. They also scanned my passport and took down the additional information. I think that they my have been on the fence about whether or not to hire me. So acing the language test became the deciding factor. Don't be discouraged. If you passed the language proficiency test, you'll most likely receive an invite to training :)

did u get the job?

long haul in Fair Lawn, New Jersey

30 months ago

italian skies in Brooklyn, New York said: does anyone know if we have to take a airport codes test at training?
or is it only the prearrival test on the internet and thats it?

Ciao, did u get the job? Can I contact you in private? this is my email extendedrange777@gmail.it Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pelican_Girl in Opelousas, Louisiana

30 months ago

Hi everyone, I just had my f2f done on 8 November,-LOD German. How much long after the f2f did you hear from UA? Also, what additional steps did you have to go through before getting assigned to a class/training? Many thanks in advance! :)

Pelican_Girl in Opelousas, Louisiana

30 months ago

danken in Düsseldorf, Germany said: I am sorry for all the people who went to the interview and got "surprised, stunned" about the process. We all know they will invite about 100 people and the first interview is to cut about half or more than that. I actually think this way is better, because they will see us and we won't have the feeling of "If I was there things could be different" We all had the chance to "shine" even for a minute. Unfortunally not everyone is picked up and I don't think is right people here saying things like "I can't believe that they actually picked that person, she would never be a good FA" it sounds like jealousy. I really think we should be happy for the people who got it and us who did not get the CJO, all is left is tokeep trying until we get. But please don't say that the process sucks because you didn't have time to talk to them or whatever. You knoe that from reading this forum.

Well said!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shellbell45 in Louisburg, North Carolina

29 months ago

Does anyone know if and when they will start accepting applications again? Thanks.

borntwofly in DC, District of Columbia

28 months ago

Does anyone know when United will be accepting resumes again?

hankmeister in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

borntwofly in DC, District of Columbia said: Does anyone know when United will be accepting resumes again?

It's probably going to be awhile. Sub-United is in the process of downsizing their number of flight attendants, and Sub-Continental is currently only doing 1 class of language speakers.

NeraBlack in California

28 months ago

I just read that United is going to furlough 685 flight attendants (Bloomberg posted the news, so it seems credible). A girl I know at United said they're furloughing everyone junior to 11/27/06... so even if you have 7 years seniority you could be cut?!

Anybody affected by this?

Lady Isyss in San Jose, California

28 months ago

NeraBlack in California said: I just read that United is going to furlough 685 flight attendants (Bloomberg posted the news, so it seems credible). A girl I know at United said they're furloughing everyone junior to 11/27/06... so even if you have 7 years seniority you could be cut?!

Not shocked in the slightest

NeraBlack in California

28 months ago

Lady Isyss in San Jose, California said: Not shocked in the slightest

People on this forum were already speculating about this months ago... that new hires might be furloughed soon. just crazy.

I just read it on the United AFA website so it's official :/

Lady Isyss in San Jose, California

28 months ago

NeraBlack in California said: People on this forum were already speculating about this months ago... that new hires might be furloughed soon. just crazy.

I just read it on the United AFA website so it's official :/

Yeah It was only a matter of time,I wonder when Ameican will do it again. There are few airlines that don not furlough such as southwest,jetblue,virgin,etc.

hankmeister in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

NeraBlack in California said: I just read that United is going to furlough 685 flight attendants (Bloomberg posted the news, so it seems credible). A girl I know at United said they're furloughing everyone junior to 11/27/06... so even if you have 7 years seniority you could be cut?!

Keep in mind that (AFAIK) sub-United hasn't hired new FAs since about 2007....

Cat Laz in Corona, California

28 months ago

Just FYI the FAs losing their jobs are NOT new hire subsidiary continental FAs. They are subsidiary united FAs with 6-7 years seniority.

yevvate in Tacoma, Washington

15 months ago

Can i wear the slacks? or i have to wear the skirt? i will be there Feb. 10 and the Interveiw will be 11, do anyone gonna share the room, I am an 35 female...

Twilight Flyer in Anaheim, California

15 months ago

yevvate in Tacoma, Washington said: Can i wear the slacks? or i have to wear the skirt? i will be there Feb. 10 and the Interveiw will be 11, do anyone gonna share the room, I am an 35 female...

Do NOT make plans to SHARE your hotel room with STRANGERS on the Internet!!!
There are lots if dead Flight Attendants who let strangers in their room
We aren't even supposed to mention what hotels we stay AT, much less our room numbers.
We are safety professionals. Do not risk your own safety to save a few $.

rwilliscma@*****.*** in Homewood, Illinois

13 months ago

Does anyone know where they interview for united in Chicago?

staceyives73@*****.*** in Benton, Arkansas

9 months ago

Will I be turned away if I don't have a passport at the group session interview?

Page:  « First « Previous   77  78  79  80   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.