VIRGIN AMERICA HIRING 2013

Comments (51 to 96 of 96)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Lucy love in Nashville, Tennessee

27 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: Never give up if this is your dream. Only a select few make it for any airline for all of the applications they receive. It's not uncommon for people to not make it on the first or second round of interviews but get in on another one. Patience is key. They will probably keep your application on file for a period of time too filling their database with potential candidates. You could receive a call out of the blue 4 months from now. I know that happened to several people in the other VX forum on here last year.

Keep the faith!

thanks for the encouragement, I'm never going to stop trying!

Hopeful in LA in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

Hey, everyone, thanks for all you've shared. Dang, I guess I'm too late too in finding the news... Always wanted to work for VX out of LAX... :( Any news on hiring again in the future? Is there a way to keep an application on file even though you cannot submit to the job, to where they can find you?

Hello in Santa Monica, California

27 months ago

I was wondering how long between applying through their website for the Airport Team Member position, and hearing from them regarding interviews takes. Also, did you hear via email or phone?

Thanks!

LAXgirl in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

Hello in Santa Monica, California said: I was wondering how long between applying through their website for the Airport Team Member position, and hearing from them regarding interviews takes. Also, did you hear via email or phone?

Thanks!

Hello in Santa Monica, CA! I'm applying for that position too! Did you do the test yet? So far I'm having a lot of issues with Virgin's website...

Hello in Santa Monica, California

27 months ago

LAXgirl in Los Angeles, California said: Hello in Santa Monica, CA! I'm applying for that position too! Did you do the test yet? So far I'm having a lot of issues with Virgin's website...

I took the test! You may have to go on a different computer. I originally tried to take the test on my ipad, but it didn't work so I went on a computer and it did. I think it says which browsers it works for.

Hopeful in LA in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

Hey, All...

Any news on when Virgin will be hiring for Inflight Team Members again?

Leslielove in Camarillo, California

25 months ago

Hopeful in LA in Los Angeles, California said: Hey, All...

I have a coworker who's sister just got hired as a FA for VirginAmerica last month. She was internal and worked as airport customer service agent at sfo. From what I was told they wont be hiring for a while because they just pulled from the internals.

loki in Northridge, California

21 months ago

Hopeful in LA in Los Angeles, California said: Hey, All...

They just started accepting applications again!

fllz in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

How long does it take to get into lax base and how long til u get a line there?

GiseleFarr in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

How many questions do they ask on the phone interview? And is the Virgin America interview automated or do you talk with a real person on the phone? Thanks!

Kim in Lebanon in Lebanon, Maine

20 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: I tried to LogIn for checking my status on their web,

But it didn't let me, it said 'Registered Users / Account Locked'.

Is there anyone has a same issue? or just me?

Worried... :(

Yes, it happened to me, and I had to change my password!

Nancy Bachus in Ashland, Virginia

20 months ago

Tried to find online where I can apply but came up with nothing. Anyone have a link?

DFW-bound in Colorado

19 months ago

Will someone be so kind and tell me how I can turn off the email notifications? I have looked everywhere through out this site and am stumped! Please and thank you!

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California

19 months ago

DFW-bound in Colorado said: Will someone be so kind and tell me how I can turn off the email notifications? I have looked everywhere through out this site and am stumped! Please and thank you!

At the bottom of any email notifications you receive, there is a "cancel" link. You can also go to your Indeed profile (right-click on your user name and select my.indeed) and cancel any alerts you may have set up under the "Alerts" tab at the top.

Hope this helps!!

DFW-bound in Colorado

19 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: At the bottom of any email notifications you receive, there is a "cancel" link. You can also go to your Indeed profile (right-click on your user name and select my.indeed) and cancel any alerts you may have set up under the "Alerts" tab at the top.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks!!

Maui in Torrance, California

19 months ago

Hiring is posted!

skyhigh in Chicago, Illinois

19 months ago

I took the personality assessment and submitted my application on Thursday, October 24th. Anyone know about how long before I might here anything? It's my dream to fly with Virgin America.

flygirl in Fort Washington, Maryland

19 months ago

skyhigh in Chicago, Illinois said: I took the personality assessment and submitted my application on Thursday, October 24th. Anyone know about how long before I might here anything? It's my dream to fly with Virgin America.

That assessment too forever! But we'll see what happens.

bonojo in New Brunswick, New Jersey

19 months ago

Anyone having issues uploading their cover letters? I applied on sunday but wanted to edit my profile a bit and wrote a pretty nice cover letter (tooting my own horn =P )
I'd love nothing more than to work with this company, but it is my first flight attendant application and I'm really nervous about getting it right.

Good luck everyone!

skyhigh in Nashville, Tennessee

19 months ago

I noticed that when I uploaded my cover letter it said "fakepath" as the address....which I thought was weird... but I uploaded it and submitted it anyway and it seems that once you've submitted your application you can not go back and edit it or check it... I really hope my cover letter uploaded because I wrote a great cover letter. Is there a way to check on this you think?

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York

19 months ago

skyhigh in Nashville, Tennessee said: I noticed that when I uploaded my cover letter it said "fakepath" as the address....which I thought was weird... but I uploaded it and submitted it anyway and it seems that once you've submitted your application you can not go back and edit it or check it... I really hope my cover letter uploaded because I wrote a great cover letter. Is there a way to check on this you think?

The same thing happened to me. I think it should be fine? Fingers crossed!

bonojo in New Brunswick, New Jersey

19 months ago

skyhigh in Nashville, Tennessee said: I noticed that when I uploaded my cover letter it said "fakepath" as the address....which I thought was weird... but I uploaded it and submitted it anyway and it seems that once you've submitted your application you can not go back and edit it or check it... I really hope my cover letter uploaded because I wrote a great cover letter. Is there a way to check on this you think?

SAME!

It has me a little freaked out and I can't seem to find any help on it. I wish they had an option to view your submission outside the "edit" tab, so we can see it as they do.

Peninsula in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Does anyone know the pay scale for FA's. Thanks, have patience and good luck to all! :)

My dream job FA in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Hello everyone,

I had a F2F interview with Delta but unfortunately I was not selected. I came across this airline and it seems like there is a lot of good reviews. I applied and took the assessment test. Lets hope for the best :)

My dream job FA in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Is it true that they don't fly you for the interview. :(

Welcomeaboard in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

My dream job FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: Is it true that they don't fly you for the interview. :(

I find that so odd.Neither does Alaska.I don't expect a free ticket, but since they schedule interviews kind of last minute, a reduction in fare would be nice. Most other airlines fly candidates in for free as it does not cost them anything if there is an empty seat.That plane leaves with our without a full cabin. But it is not my decision to make and good luck everyone!

Bo in New York, New York

18 months ago

Does anyone know if VA have full time positions in JFK?

Flylover2013 in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Has anybody been contacted yet for Interview I'm curious.

Vanessa in Northbrook, Illinois

18 months ago

Flylover2013 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Has anybody been contacted yet for Interview I'm curious.

i applied last week and got a phone call yesterday and had my phone interview today. I have to fly from Chicago to San Fran now for the interviews next week. Kind of late notice! Be ready for a call any time now! Good luck!!!

18 months ago

Vanessa in Northbrook, Illinois said: i applied last week and got a phone call yesterday and had my phone interview today. I have to fly from Chicago to San Fran now for the interviews next week. Kind of late notice! Be ready for a call any time now! Good luck!!!

Thank you Vanessa and well I'm hoping crossing fingers for a call but nothing yet just got a call yesterday Blocked but no voicemail false alarm heheh, and yes I also applied last week . That assesment test was long wow ..

18 months ago

Flylover2013 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thank you Vanessa and well I'm hoping crossing fingers for a call but nothing yet just got a call yesterday Blocked but no voicemail false alarm heheh, and yes I also applied last week . That assesment test was long wow ..

is the number a 800# and do they leave you a voicemail cause y partner got 1800 calls no voicemail ..

nrwy1988 in Henderson, Nevada

18 months ago

Hey all! So i think i'm the dumbest person ever! lol I applied last weeks and i never got the "assessment email" so I checked the status today and say that there was the assessment sitting there. So as soon as I clicked on it i got th email lol so i just finished it. Is it still an option to be hired? I feel like i missed the boat :/

Cindy in Oceanside, California

18 months ago

Vanessa in Northbrook, Illinois said: i applied last week and got a phone call yesterday and had my phone interview today. I have to fly from Chicago to San Fran now for the interviews next week. Kind of late notice! Be ready for a call any time now! Good luck!!!

Is virgin flying you out? Or are you paying out of pocket? Also, what kind of questions did they ask during the phone interview?

skyhigh in Nashville, Tennessee

18 months ago

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York said: The same thing happened to me. I think it should be fine? Fingers crossed!

Whatever happened with yours? Did you get contacted by anyone? I'm still worried my coverletter and resume never uploaded correctly because of the fakepath thing.

flygirl23 in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

skyhigh in Nashville, Tennessee said: Whatever happened with yours? Did you get contacted by anyone? I'm still worried my coverletter and resume never uploaded correctly because of the fakepath thing.

No I never heard anything, but I got an invite to training from another airline instead. Good luck!

wannabeFA in Stockton, California

17 months ago

Hey, I read on the Virgin America website and they only fly to 20 destination. Assume if I get hired there, will I be able to fly internationally through their partner route.

I am sort of new to Airline industry. What does those partner airlines do. Virgin America partner with most other airlines, does that mean that VA will fly the same route as other partners too.

I wanted to work for airlines that can fly internationally to other southeast asia places. As an VA FA, do you get any benefit to fly internationally or only benefits to fly to those 20 destination stated on VA site.

Skylar spins in Fort Bragg, North Carolina

17 months ago

Flylover2013 in Atlanta, Georgia said: is the number a 800# and do they leave you a voicemail cause y partner got 1800 calls no voicemail ..

No Virgin calls from San Mateo # (650) never blocked or restricted.

Marie in Cypress, California

17 months ago

Hi all,

I applied and got an interview for virgin for dec 12 and thought the interview went great ! However the email said they found another applicant was better qualified. I was hoping to get some support or guidance if I should try again, if many people try multiple times before they give up. Also, what kind of position should I be pursuing for temporarily before trying again to attract their attention. Any info would be great! Thanks :)

flyguywestend2 in Saint Louis, Missouri

16 months ago

wannabeFA in Stockton, California said: Hey, I read on the Virgin America website and they only fly to 20 destination. Assume if I get hired there, will I be able to fly internationally through their partner route.

I am sort of new to Airline industry. What does those partner airlines do. Virgin America partner with most other airlines, does that mean that VA will fly the same route as other partners too.

I wanted to work for airlines that can fly internationally to other southeast asia places. As an VA FA, do you get any benefit to fly internationally or only benefits to fly to those 20 destination stated on VA site.

If where an airline flys to is your biggest concern in choosing this career, you are definitely choosing the wrong career.

annieag90 in Howard Beach, New York

16 months ago

flyguywestend2 in Saint Louis, Missouri said: If where an airline flys to is your biggest concern in choosing this career, you are definitely choosing the wrong career.

I thought they asked a great question. One of the greatest benefits working for an airline is the travel benefits and he/she has every right to know as much information about the airline before even applying. To a response to the question. Virgin has interline agreements with other airlines and you will be able to travel internationally for a reduced fair on other partner airlines.

Flyingfan90 in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

16 months ago

I applied to Virgin America for inflight team member (Flight Attendant) Does anyone know where the interviews are held?

Linda in Colorado

10 months ago

Does anybody know if virgin america will be hiring in 2015? And is it true you have to pay for your training and lodging?

Mourinho007 in New York, New York

5 months ago

Has anyone here applied for FA this window?

fun30000ft in California

3 months ago

There is a Facebook group for the 03/02/2015 ITM class called "Virgin America ITM 03-15 Training Class" -- If you're trying to add the Facebook group and cannot find it, reply to this message with your Facebook name and I will add you in!

Lin in Lexington, Kentucky

2 months ago

[Hi Fun30000ft..Can you add me to the FB group VX 3-15 Training class? Thanks..I just completed the online assessment. waiting...do you know? Do we have to pay for our lodging during training? Thanks

Lin in Lexington, Kentucky

2 months ago

I juat submitted my resume for Inflight Member..Mar 17..but just looked, and the position is closed..so not sure what up..they are probably looking at the applicants. But at least I got my resume and assessment in..Good luck to all.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.