Page:  « First « Previous   192  193  194  195  196  197  198  Next »   Last »

M in El Segundo, California

28 months ago

Your Mary Kay Lady,
No, they are not. Next year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UNITED747F/A in Las Vegas, Nevada

26 months ago

PS SOME ONE TOLD ME THAT VA ONLY LET THE CBIB CREW TO WORK THE THEM FOR 4 YRS IS THAT SO????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Smythe in Henderson, Nevada

26 months ago

UNITED747F/A in Las Vegas, Nevada said: PS SOME ONE TOLD ME THAT VA ONLY LET THE CBIB CREW TO WORK THE THEM FOR 4 YRS IS THAT SO????

Not true.... Don't know where you heard that, but we have some inflight teammates (flight attendants) that have been with us since launch, over 5 years ago..... Not very many have been here longer than four years, only because we are a very new airline..

Flyer217 in Covina, California

23 months ago

Virgin America is hiring for Los Angeles as of today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

Flyer217 in Covina, California said: Virgin America is hiring for Los Angeles as of today!

Just tried to apply, the website crashed. LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California

23 months ago

As I just posted on another forum for VX, they have opened the Inflight Team Member position again as of today. However, even though the location says LAX if you read further down into the job description it does say that you must be willing to be based out of SFO (headquarters) and be able to fly out of SFO on short notice. So don't assume that you'd for sure be based in LAX. That is, however, a base for them so there is a possibility but it all depends on need once candidates complete training.

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

yvonne in Sacramento, California

23 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: As I just posted on another forum for VX, they have opened the Inflight Team Member position again as of today. However, even though the location says LAX if you read further down into the job description it does say that you must be willing to be based out of SFO (headquarters) and be able to fly out of SFO on short notice. So don't assume that you'd for sure be based in LAX. That is, however, a base for them so there is a possibility but it all depends on need once candidates complete training.

Good Luck!

I received an email last night and it said sfo. But when I opened the job description it showed location Los Angeles. Then I saw further into it sfo was mentioned as you said above. Sf is closer to me but I'll go to LA if I have to. :)

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey

23 months ago

Was speaking with a VX inflight team member and was told that in the very near future VX was going to turn LAX into an actual crew base and make it a hub. This recent news VX has just announced it would fly LAX-LAS something I never thought would happen but it is becoming more official as a hub. I would assume they are defiantly planning on sending new hires to fill the LAX base but they have to mention SFO as I know there are plenty of employees already that can't wait to be closer to home which means lower seniority goes to SFO. I wouldn't take much other than a grain of salt that LAX will become a hub because that same flight attendant was 100% sure VX wasn't hiring inflight for a long while and here we are.....good luck to everyone who applies

AgentX

23 months ago

You will be based in SFO or LAX, depending on business needs. It will not be assigned until you complete training. If you applied for the Inflight position in the last 12 months, you do not need to complete the assessment again. Good luck!

Passionate FA in Minnesota

23 months ago

AgentX said: You will be based in SFO or LAX, depending on business needs. It will not be assigned until you complete training. If you applied for the Inflight position in the last 12 months, you do not need to complete the assessment again. Good luck!

Maybe you know the answer to this, AgentX....I'm getting conflicting answers from a couple of current VX employees. Do they provide accomodations for training? It sounds like they haven't in the past, but was told this time would be different & lodging would be provided?? They both seem to agree that training is paid for though. Thank you in advance!

happyrunner in California

23 months ago

Passionate FA in Minnesota said: Maybe you know the answer to this, AgentX....I'm getting conflicting answers from a couple of current VX employees. Do they provide accomodations for training? It sounds like they haven't in the past, but was told this time would be different & lodging would be provided?? They both seem to agree that training is paid for though. Thank you in advance!

In the past accommodations have not been providing I think it will be the same now, however you are paid. Training will still take place in Burlingame.

Flygirl01 in Burlingame, California

23 months ago

Passionate FA in Minnesota said: Maybe you know the answer to this, AgentX....I'm getting conflicting answers from a couple of current VX employees. Do they provide accomodations for training? It sounds like they haven't in the past, but was told this time would be different & lodging would be provided?? They both seem to agree that training is paid for though. Thank you in advance!

Training is paid for. Lodging is not included, however, there are select evenings where training required late nights that a hotel room was provided if you chose to take advantage of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida

23 months ago

I noticed many individuals on here applying for Virgin (In Flight Team Member Position) or posting, are from California. Not all, but many. Does Virgin, still look at hiring an individual who currently lives outside the state of California. I currently live in Florida and was just wondering if I have an equal opportunity to be interviewed, and/or hired as those individuals who are current residents of California ? I am going to relocate to California, if hired. Hope this makes sense. Thank you to all for the information :)

Yvonne in Sacramento, California

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: I noticed many individuals on here applying for Virgin (In Flight Team Member Position) or posting, are from California. Not all, but many. Does Virgin, still look at hiring an individual who currently lives outside the state of California. I currently live in Florida and was just wondering if I have an equal opportunity to be interviewed, and/or hired as those individuals who are current residents of California ? I am going to relocate to California, if hired. Hope this makes sense. Thank you to all for the information :)

Hi SteveinOrlando,

I'm sure they do hire people out of state. The only way to know is if you apply. From what I have read they are a fairly new airline here in the states. I think they have been around for 5 years. I could be wrong. Go for it!!!!!!!

23 months ago

Yvonne in Sacramento, California said: Hi SteveinOrlando,

I'm sure they do hire people out of state. The only way to know is if you apply. From what I have read they are a fairly new airline here in the states. I think they have been around for 5 years. I could be wrong. Go for it!!!!!!!

Hello Yvonne!

I definetly am :) Thank you so much for the encouragement. I ended up applying yesterday. From what I understand, it can take anywhere from a few days to over a month to hear back. I am just hoping that currently living in Florida will not hurt my chances. But, would love to move to California if hired, by Virgin America. They really seem to have an excellent reputation and that is a company I would love to work for!

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: I noticed many individuals on here applying for Virgin (In Flight Team Member Position) or posting, are from California. Not all, but many. Does Virgin, still look at hiring an individual who currently lives outside the state of California. I currently live in Florida and was just wondering if I have an equal opportunity to be interviewed, and/or hired as those individuals who are current residents of California ? I am going to relocate to California, if hired. Hope this makes sense. Thank you to all for the information :)

In the past, they have considered applicants from everywhere. If selected to interview, they have flown candidates, space available, on flights from their nearest served city to you. You are in luck as they do fly to Orlando!

If you are hired, you just have to be willing to live within driving distance of your assigned base. I'll be honest, in CA that's not easy in terms of affordability on a starting flight attendant salary. Be prepared to have several roommates unless you are independently wealthy. :)

Best of luck to you!

flyingfree in Atlanta, Georgia

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: Hello Yvonne!

I definetly am :) Thank you so much for the encouragement. I ended up applying yesterday. From what I understand, it can take anywhere from a few days to over a month to hear back. I am just hoping that currently living in Florida will not hurt my chances. But, would love to move to California if hired, by Virgin America. They really seem to have an excellent reputation and that is a company I would love to work for!

Yes, they hire people outside of California. I commute to LA from Georgia and we have other ITM's that commute from Florida and other Southern States as well. Virgin is a wonderful company to work for so the best of luck with your application :)

23 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: In the past, they have considered applicants from everywhere. If selected to interview, they have flown candidates, space available, on flights from their nearest served city to you. You are in luck as they do fly to Orlando!

If you are hired, you just have to be willing to live within driving distance of your assigned base. I'll be honest, in CA that's not easy in terms of affordability on a starting flight attendant salary. Be prepared to have several roommates unless you are independently wealthy. :)

Best of luck to you!

Hello SFOFlyGuy72!

That's awesome news to hear! I'm so happy they fly out of Orlando, so that should work out awesome as well, if I am fortunate to get an interview. Thank you so much for the advice :)

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: Hello Yvonne!

I applied last year and did not hear anything back and I live about 1 1/2 hours from San Francisco. I don't have any airline experience either. I hope to at least get an interview this time. I really want to be a Flight Attendant and will not give up until I can't walk anymore. LOL.

23 months ago

flyingfree in Atlanta, Georgia said: Yes, they hire people outside of California. I commute to LA from Georgia and we have other ITM's that commute from Florida and other Southern States as well. Virgin is a wonderful company to work for so the best of luck with your application :)

Hello flyingfree!

That is so good to hear. Is it challenging to commute for you from Georgia? Virgin America does indeed sound like a wonderful company to work for.

Thank you so much for the info :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Yvonne in Sacramento, California said: I applied last year and did not hear anything back and I live about 1 1/2 hours from San Francisco. I don't have any airline experience either. I hope to at least get an interview this time. I really want to be a Flight Attendant and will not give up until I can't walk anymore. LOL.

They must receive a "ton" of applications. And I am assuming it is beyond time consuming to filter through each and everyone. Definetly, do not give up! All it takes is that one time to get noticed. I wish you also the best of luck!

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: Hello SFOFlyGuy72!

That's awesome news to hear! I'm so happy they fly out of Orlando, so that should work out awesome as well, if I am fortunate to get an interview. Thank you so much for the advice :)

SFOFlyGuy72 is right. It is expensive to live out here. Especially in the San Francisco and Los Angeles areas. Crash pads are options too which I plan to look into when (not if) ;) I am hired.

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: They must receive a "ton" of applications. And I am assuming it is beyond time consuming to filter through each and everyone. Definetly, do not give up! All it takes is that one time to get noticed. I wish you also the best of luck!

Never giving up. Not until I become a Flight Attendant or unable to do so. I have a few friends that are Flight Attendants for other companies and they love it.

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: They must receive a "ton" of applications. And I am assuming it is beyond time consuming to filter through each and everyone. Definetly, do not give up! All it takes is that one time to get noticed. I wish you also the best of luck!

BTW. Best of Luck to you as well.

23 months ago

Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to when they feel a training class would start for all the new applicants this round?

CAGirlOnStandby in Tustin, California

23 months ago

I just applied last night. This will be the second time I've gone through the application process, hopefully I get a call this time. LAX of SFO would be ideal for me since it would keep me in the state, but I'd move anywhere for VA :)

Good luck to everyone! This would be a dream job.

Please post if you guys start getting call backs.

23 months ago

CAGirlOnStandby in Tustin, California said: I just applied last night. This will be the second time I've gone through the application process, hopefully I get a call this time. LAX of SFO would be ideal for me since it would keep me in the state, but I'd move anywhere for VA :)

Good luck to everyone! This would be a dream job.

Please post if you guys start getting call backs.

Me too! I don't mind moving as long as I can fly. :) Good Luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 months ago

Is the next step a phone interview after the assessment ? How do you know if you passed the phone interview ?

Just curious...

Thanks all ! :)

Letsfly in San Diego, California

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: Is the next step a phone interview after the assessment ? How do you know if you passed the phone interview ?

Just curious...

Thanks all ! :)

Last Year when I applied, I got my phone interview, and at the end of the phone interview they scheduled me for the F2F, unfortunately I did not make it. Hope to make it the whole way this time. !

Good Luck to all !

Letsfly in San Diego, California

23 months ago

Hello everyone,

I created a FB page for Virgin America Hopefuls. I thought it would be nice to put faces to all the people we chat with.

I tried to paste the link, but Indeed did not allow me to do so.

Go to facebook and type in "Virgin America F/A Hopefuls"

Thanks,

23 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Last Year when I applied, I got my phone interview, and at the end of the phone interview they scheduled me for the F2F, unfortunately I did not make it. Hope to make it the whole way this time. !

Good Luck to all !

Hey Letsfly!

Thanks 4 the info. That is what I figured. I have never applied.
I am hoping, I get a phone call !!

Professora in Playa Del Rey, California

23 months ago

Hi good people!
Just applied, I've tried for Delta also but no luck this time.
Good luck for us!!!

Kyle

23 months ago

Good luck everyone!

HopingToFly in El Segundo, California

23 months ago

Does anyone know if the posting is still up?? I am getting a message saying posting not available. I am so sad!!

CAGirlOnStandby in Tustin, California

23 months ago

Keep checking. That happened during the last round of hiring, but I think its because they get bombarded with applications. They eventually put it back up.

AgentX

23 months ago

Hi Passionate FA,
You get paid for training however food & accommodations are not covered. From time to time, you will have a few occasions where your lunch and/or dinner is covered. A few times during the training period, you will training late at night. On those occasions, VX will cover your hotel. Many trainees either stay with friends/family or share a hotel room with other trainees. Hope this clarifies.

AgentX

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to when they feel a training class would start for all the new applicants this round?

The word on the street is mid-March. Good luck to you all!

23 months ago

AgentX said: The word on the street is mid-March. Good luck to you all!

Thank you so much AgentX :)

I am so glad I applied yesterday!!

It appears as though the posting has been taken down already... They must be bombarded with applications.

23 months ago

HopingToFly in El Segundo, California said: Does anyone know if the posting is still up?? I am getting a message saying posting not available. I am so sad!!

It does look like the posting is closed. :( However, VX (industry code for Virgin America, BTW) is known to have several postings throughout a given year. Keep checking and good luck!!

23 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: It does look like the posting is closed. :( However, VX (industry code for Virgin America, BTW) is known to have several postings throughout a given year. Keep checking and good luck!!

Sign up with the job agent and an email will be sent to you as the positions you indicate are posted. That's how I found out and applied right away.

23 months ago

yvonne in Sacramento, California said: Sign up with the job agent and an email will be sent to you as the positions you indicate are posted. That's how I found out and applied right away.

That is an excellent idea! Never thought of that, guess I was just lucky when I went to their website yesterday and applied.

We will have to keep each other updated Yvonne!

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: That is an excellent idea! Never thought of that, guess I was just lucky when I went to their website yesterday and applied.

We will have to keep each other updated Yvonne!

Absolutely.

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington

23 months ago

Help, help!! I have a question!! I submitted my resume,, came back online and took the assesment,, after assesment it went to the regulr messge thank you,,, but then noticed that the spot was closed,,,, will they still get my assesment??? Anyone know???

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah

23 months ago

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington said: Help, help!! I have a question!! I submitted my resume,, came back online and took the assesment,, after assesment it went to the regulr messge thank you,,, but then noticed that the spot was closed,,,, will they still get my assesment??? Anyone know???

If you got a confirmation email you should be fine. I got three emails in all when I took it (including one to create a new account) so if you have that many, you're probably ok.

Jasminewithhorizon in Seattle, Washington

23 months ago

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah said: If you got a confirmation email you should be fine. I got three emails in all when I took it (including one to create a new account) so if you have that many, you're probably ok.

No,, i didnt get a e-mail after i took the assesment,,, just 1) logon info. 2) thank you for resume. 3) a link to do my assesment and instructions for the assesment!,,, all thoose b4 the job was closed!!??

23 months ago

Thank you SO much happyrunner, Flygirl01, & AgentX for taking the time & ansering my question. Much Appreciated! : )

23 months ago

*answering

23 months ago

yvonne in Sacramento, California said: Absolutely.

Yvonne,

Hopefully, maybe this weekend or beginning of next week, we will get phone calls. I am super excited. I live just north of Orlando, Florida in a town called Lake Mary and I have my bags packed, ready to catch the next flight out of MCO for the VX interview. LOL ; Ok, so I am a little ahead of myself, but one can dream. Right? :)

23 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: Yvonne,

Hopefully, maybe this weekend or beginning of next week, we will get phone calls. I am super excited. I live just north of Orlando, Florida in a town called Lake Mary and I have my bags packed, ready to catch the next flight out of MCO for the VX interview. LOL ; Ok, so I am a little ahead of myself, but one can dream. Right? :)

SteveinOrlando,

Right. The way I see it. If you don't have hopes and dreams, you have nothing.

I'm ready to go. All I need is a passport. Working on that one. :)

23 months ago

yvonne in Sacramento, California said: SteveinOrlando,

Right. The way I see it. If you don't have hopes and dreams, you have nothing.

I'm ready to go. All I need is a passport . Working on that one. :)

That is awesome! :) Your on your way!

Page:  « First « Previous   192  193  194  195  196  197  198  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.