Virgin America

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9801 to 9850 of 11405)
Page:  « First « Previous   194  195  196  197  198  199  200  Next »   Last »

I love that dirty water! in Boston, Massachusetts

17 months ago

Has anyone from the group interview on 2/1 heard anything yet??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TakeflightDev in San Luis Obispo, California

17 months ago

Hey all,

I'm just getting involved in the wild wonderful world of Airlines. VA is my top choice! I just applied to the SFO GS Team member position in hopes of getting involved with the company and then transferring to a FA position when they start hiring again... Is this a good move?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

erica_eggum@yahoo.com in Long Beach, California

17 months ago

I love that dirty water! in Boston, Massachusetts said: Has anyone from the group interview on 2/1 heard anything yet??

I was there at that interview, and found out they started checking my references and doing the back ground check but I havent heard anything since...does anyone know when they are supposed to be making the phone calls?

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

erica_eggum@yahoo.com in Long Beach, California said: I was there at that interview, and found out they started checking my references and doing the back ground check but I havent heard anything since...does anyone know when they are supposed to be making the phone calls?

Same Here. Haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully we hear something this week. They said they wanted us in training at the beginning of March, so time is money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California

17 months ago

My Daughter was drug tested for VX last week. She is excited about the possibility of a phone call this week! Good luck to you all. I know how competitive that it is!

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: My Daughter was drug tested for VX last week. She is excited about the possibility of a phone call this week! Good luck to you all. I know how competitive that it is!

Was it for the inflight team member position? Did she interview at the group interviews on 2/1?

17 months ago

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California said: Was it for the inflight team member position? Did she interview at the group interviews on 2/1?

Flight Attendant, yes, 2/1/2013 on pins and needles!!!

17 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: Flight Attendant , yes, 2/1/2013 on pins and needles!!!

Any word yet?? It's just past the three week mark... I recieves my complete background check in the mail, and was sent for the drug screening about a week and a half ago, but haven't heard a word since. Anyone else??

17 months ago

I will bet you will get calls this week. My daughter finished everything that you did. She is excited! I will post as soon as we hear something, and hope you do the same. Good luck to all!

happyrunner in California

17 months ago

I love that dirty water! in Boston, Massachusetts said: Any word yet?? It's just past the three week mark... I recieves my complete background check in the mail, and was sent for the drug screening about a week and a half ago, but haven't heard a word since. Anyone else??

I was hired by Virgin and the background check and drug test and really good signs!

ALLEGIANT AIR F/A in Las Vegas, Nevada

17 months ago

www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/11/01/virgin_america_the_best_airline_in_america_is_failing_and_it_s_all_your.html

DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB BEFORE READING ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY VA IS LOSING A DAY .........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ALLEGIANT AIR F/A in Las Vegas, Nevada

17 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

ALLEGIANT AIR F/A in Las Vegas, Nevada said: www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/11/01/virgin_america_the_best_airline_in_america_is_failing_and_it_s_all_your.html

DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB BEFORE READING ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY VA IS LOSING A DAY .........

So, if a person is currently stuck in a job that is menial and mundane, they should stay there and give up an opportunity to fly for VA?
I don't think so. My son is a pilot for a large regional airline that was losing money for years then taken over and sold to another large air carrier. He now has some decent seniority and the legacy airlines are looking at him now. The nature of this business is very uncertain but you never know which way it will go. I think that unless another 9/11 occurs, the airline industry will eventually grow.
The airlines need some new, fresh faces. I have flown on several airlines recently and the flight attendants were are old and burned out. You people, the aspiring F/A's, can add to the value of your airline by bringing a fresh new attitude to the industry. After all, the F/A is the airline representative not the pilots! Yes, I know VA is currently losing money, but I encourage you all to do what you want in life. Enjoy the ride! I will keep all of you posted if my daughter hears anything!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Today, My daughter got the call to work as an F/A with VA. Class starts March 18th. We are all thrilled. Best wishes to all.

17 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: Today, My daughter got the call to work as an F/A with VA. Class starts March 18th. We are all thrilled. Best wishes to all.

Congratulations!!! I have yet to hear anything either way.

17 months ago

Just got the call and the offer!! I'm beyond excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

I love that dirty water! in Boston, Massachusetts said: Just got the call and the offer!! I'm beyond excited!

Very nice!! You will meet my daughter in class!! And just like I told her..."You are the face of that airline, Make a positive change in the airline industry" Best wishes to you!!

martidls in Dallas, Texas

13 months ago

Has anyone applied for the ATM position with VA in Dallas? Can you advise of a contact number for HR?

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas

13 months ago

Anyone know when they are hiring again

stew415 in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

Jet guy in Galveston, Texas said: Anyone know when they are hiring again

Ahahahahhahahahahahahahha probably never. All of the people who were promised to be "only on reserve for 3 months or so" are all still on reserve. Some have now been on reserve over a year. They never fly and make no money. My friend works there and hates it, she has been trying to get on with another airline. A ton of people have been quitting the past few months and going to real airlines like delta or united or jetblue. Virgin will go under in a couple of years anyway. It would be the dumbest decision of your life to go there now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyFitch in Honolulu, Hawaii

13 months ago

Virgin America will soon be hiring in the fall 2013. You will be able to apply later tonight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wannagetaway in Portland, Oregon

13 months ago

FlyFitch in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Virgin America will soon be hiring in the fall 2013. You will be able to apply later tonight.

Hi FlyFitch, how do you know that?

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

13 months ago

FlyFitch in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Virgin America will soon be hiring in the fall 2013. You will be able to apply later tonight.

Did they post it and take it down already??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

VicPDX89

13 months ago

I checked all last night and nothing.....

jetsetstewardess in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

I checked too I hope this is true

flygirl2012 in San Carlos, California

13 months ago

jetsetstewardess in Los Angeles, California said: I checked too I hope this is true

IT IS TRUE! Just be patient, the link will be open shortly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jessj in Lenoir, North Carolina

13 months ago

Still no sign of job openings. :/

miss new york has everything in houston, Texas

13 months ago

You guys it is true... I Just saw a post one of their fa's put on instagram 1 day ago. It says "Get onboard trendsetters wanted hiring fall 2013"!!!!!!!

Spreading My Wings in Valencia, California

13 months ago

Yeah- I heard about the opening from a friend yesterday morning. Have been checking for the last two days. No sign.

jetsetstewardess in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

Spreading My Wings in Valencia, California said: Yeah- I heard about the opening from a friend yesterday morning. Have been checking for the last two days. No sign.

Hi do you know what cities they have bases in? I know they have lax and sfo but IBM not sure if those are the only bases or not..thx in advance!!

DWEST in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

13 months ago

just applied... the posting is up

13 months ago

Good luck to all who apply. My daughter was selected in the last hiring and loves her job! Make sure if you do consider the position, you will need to relocate if you do not live in the base city. No way you can commute with a 2 hour call out. Also the pay is very low the first year so don't expect much in the money department. Last hiring, March 2013, 2500 applied, 34 were selected and 30 made it through training. Several ITM candidates already worked for the company. Follow your dreams and your heart, but make sure you are ready for the life changes that will take place if you are hired. Virgin America is a great company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

princessblonde03 in New Jersey

13 months ago

does anyone know what the hourly rate is?

thanks!

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

13 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: Good luck to all who apply. My daughter was selected in the last hiring and loves her job! Make sure if you do consider the position, you will need to relocate if you do not live in the base city. No way you can commute with a 2 hour call out. Also the pay is very low the first year so don't expect much in the money department. Last hiring, March 2013, 2500 applied, 34 were selected and 30 made it through training. Several ITM candidates already worked for the company. Follow your dreams and your heart, but make sure you are ready for the life changes that will take place if you are hired. Virgin America is a great company!

A friend told me that you have to pay your own way to the interview, is that true?

13 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: A friend told me that you have to pay your own way to the interview, is that true?

Yes, I paid for my own flight from
Boston to LA for the interview. However, once you have the job they will take care of transportation from that point forward. It was definitely a risk for me to buy that ticket and fly myself out here, but I'm so glad I did!

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

13 months ago

I love that dirty water! in Boston, Massachusetts said: Yes, I paid for my own flight from
Boston to LA for the interview. However, once you have the job they will take care of transportation from that point forward. It was definitely a risk for me to buy that ticket and fly myself out here, but I'm so glad I did!

My daughter flew them from Dallas to San Fran last year and she said they are the coolest airline! Do you enjoy flying for them?

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

13 months ago

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas said: My daughter flew them from Dallas to San Fran last year and she said they are the coolest airline! Do you enjoy flying for them?

I forgot to ask, do you actually get a f2f with them? Thanks for the info.

13 months ago

I love that dirty water! in Boston, Massachusetts said: Yes, I paid for my own flight from

I met the young lady from Boston. She went through training with my daughter. She and my daughter are exactly what Virgin America are looking for.

Spreading My Wings in Valencia, California

13 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey

13 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: I met the young lady from Boston. She went through training with my daughter. She and my daughter are exactly what Virgin America are looking for.

Hey BonanzaCFI-how are you? Just wondering what is "exactly" what Virgin America are looking for?

13 months ago

I'm doing well, Thank you. This was my observation at the graduation. Very well spoken, immaculate grooming, Friendly, ability to converse with a person he/she had never met, I was impressed by the diversity of people they chose. But the main thing was that they seemed to have that common "sparkle" in the eyes. This was my opinion and observation only. Good luck to all of you out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

swa 1977 in Plano, Texas

13 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: I'm doing well, Thank you. This was my observation at the graduation. Very well spoken, immaculate grooming, Friendly, ability to converse with a person he/she had never met, I was impressed by the diversity of people they chose. But the main thing was that they seemed to have that common "sparkle" in the eyes. This was my opinion and observation only. Good luck to all of you out there!

Do they hire former f/a's and those that are in their 50's?

13 months ago

I really don't know what their backgrounds were and the ages varied from 20's to 50's I would guess.

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon

13 months ago

Submitted my Application today and the assessment! Crossing fingers!

daker22 in Springfield, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

I have a question to anyone out there. I applied for this position back in January I believe, and never heard anything back. I re-applied again this time, and when the assessment popped up, it would not let me take it again, it had said I already completed it. Any information about this?! please help! Thank you!

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

13 months ago

BonanzaCFI in San Clemente, California said: I really don't know what their backgrounds were and the ages varied from 20's to 50's I would guess.

I am wondering also about age. Virgin seems to be a different breed of airline.

JessJ in Hudson, North Carolina

13 months ago

Applied and did my assessment. I guess we will see!

Vikkkkter in Hood River, Oregon

13 months ago

daker22 in Springfield, Pennsylvania said: I have a question to anyone out there. I applied for this position back in January I believe, and never heard anything back. I re-applied again this time, and when the assessment popped up, it would not let me take it again, it had said I already completed it. Any information about this?! please help! Thank you!

If you passed the assessment, its valid for 6 months. You do not need to do it again until it expires.

Leslielove in Camarillo, California

13 months ago

Putting my app in tomorrow!

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

13 months ago

Leslielove in Camarillo, California said: Putting my app in tomorrow!

LOL I did mine this morning LOL and assessment crossing fingers :)
Leslie love I recall you from AA good luck.
I thought you got into AA ... How are ya

Page:  « First « Previous   194  195  196  197  198  199  200  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.