Virgin America

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 11400)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Sonia in Woodland Hills, California

78 months ago

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington said: So has anyone gone through the interview process with VA and then been hired. I went through the assessment, the group interview and a drug screening, I was expecting a call last week and left a message yesterday. Very anxious and excited. I like you Britney really believe in following my heart and I just believe this airline is going to rock and be amazing to work for.

I think the fact that you went through a drug screening is probably a good sign. I didn't get hired when I interviewed (and neither did the people at my interview that I've been keeping in contact with) and none of us had a drug screening. They've been really busy and it took them a while to get back to any of us so I wouldn't worry about it. If you left a message Megan will probably get back to you, but just to make sure I'd send an e-mail too. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TravelGuru in Desert Hot Springs, California

78 months ago

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington said: So has anyone gone through the interview process with VA and then been hired. I went through the assessment, the group interview and a drug screening, I was expecting a call last week and left a message yesterday. Very anxious and excited. I like you Britney really believe in following my heart and I just believe this airline is going to rock and be amazing to work for.

Hi, Did you have the drug screening the same day as the interview?

future fa in Novato, California

78 months ago

how long does background check take with virgin?

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington

78 months ago

I didn't get a call to do the drug screening until about a week and a half after the group interview. I don't do drugs at all so I wasn't worried about the drug screening but it took them a week and a half to get back to me. Today they just left a message and said I was not selected for the first class but that there is a possibility that I may be considered for a later class. So basically I did not get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

frankie in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington said: I didn't get a call to do the drug screening until about a week and a half after the group interview. I don't do drugs at all so I wasn't worried about the drug screening but it took them a week and a half to get back to me. Today they just left a message and said I was not selected for the first class but that there is a possibility that I may be considered for a later class. So basically I did not get the job.

Hi Jessica, we're you hired on the spot or told you would be receiving an email within a few days with some news? Hey, I wouldn't worry. You are being considered and hopefully soon you will have both feet in the door:) Congratulations.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Fremont, California

78 months ago

Just FYI, the In Flight Team Member positions are posted up on the website again. I recall reading that some people were saying that it was no longer posted. It is available to apply for! Good Luck! :)

The hiring process does take awhile. My background check took over 2 weeks to finish. They seem swamped and busy there so it does take awhile for them to respond.

78 months ago

Christine in Fremont, California said: Just FYI, the In Flight Team Member positions are posted up on the website again. I recall reading that some people were saying that it was no longer posted. It is available to apply for! Good Luck! :)

The hiring process does take awhile. My background check took over 2 weeks to finish. They seem swamped and busy there so it does take awhile for them to respond.

Hi Christine, Did you get hired?

Christine in Fremont, California

78 months ago

Yes, but I applied for a position in the headquarters; not as a flight attendant. Just dropping in a note to say that the process does take quite some time.

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California

78 months ago

Hey Christine, congrats on the job. I've been a loyal customer of VA ever since they came out, been flying coast to coast every 2 weeks or so. Was so inspired by the "out of the box" thinking of VA that I ended up applying for the In Flight Base Manager as well as the In Flight Team Member position! Even though I'm self employed I thought this would be a nice career change and new experience :)

I was going to just walk to the headquarters and ask for Christine M, director of the people department or find out who the hiring manager is and see if I could follow up on my resume. But then Raul aka Junior who works at the office who happened to be serving the first class cabin when I flew back from JFK last monday told me that all the doors at the headquarters are locked with a security card and there isn't an actual front desk? lol... could you confirm that Christine or let me know what your opinions are? :)

By the way, what position did you get hired for anyways? :)

Larry

Coffee Tea in New York, New York

78 months ago

Hi loves...

I was just accepted into training, I just need to do my drug test, obviously no worries. I am soooo excited!!! Everyone has been so warm and welcoming and it has been a really positive experience.

They have brand new gorgeous planes, entertainment, plush seating, a great starting salary especially in comparison to union-ran airlines, really nice people and can anyone say adorable uniforms?! I am so blessed to be a part of something this new and exciting! It was a long process, but oh-so worth it!

Although I really don't want to give him any more paper in his quick-burning fire...
Antonio,
Can I please explain the definition of rude? "mean, lacking in social refinement." If you have an issue with Virgin America. Please, take it up with them, as I am sure questions, comments and complaints are welcomed, this is neither the time or place.

This forum was created so we can discuss our interests, hopes and pursuits within the aviation field. Although your interests of attacking fellow bloggers seems entertaining to you, they have been ignorant and highly annoying. In my opinion, you have been nothing but mean, as positive comments have not been stated from you and you are truly lacking in social refinement. Thus, stop the rude comments please and thank you. Remember: "Be Reasonable! Be Polite!"

*Highly appreciated

Britney,

You are a beautiful person inside and out. There are great things in store for ya chica! It was great meeting you.

Karla...

mom...you rock! hahahaha. I love your posting.

78 months ago

Coffee Tea in New York, New York said: Hi loves...

I was just accepted into training, I just need to do my drug test, obviously no worries. I am soooo excited!!! Everyone has been so warm and welcoming and it has been a really positive experience.

They have brand new gorgeous planes, entertainment, plush seating, a great starting salary especially in comparison to union-ran airlines, really nice people and can anyone say adorable uniforms?! I am so blessed to be a part of something this new and exciting! It was a long process, but oh-so worth it!

Although I really don't want to give him any more paper in his quick-burning fire...
Antonio,
Can I please explain the definition of rude? "mean, lacking in social refinement." If you have an issue with Virgin America. Please, take it up with them, as I am sure questions, comments and complaints are welcomed, this is neither the time or place.

This forum was created so we can discuss our interests, hopes and pursuits within the aviation field. Although your interests of attacking fellow bloggers seems entertaining to you, they have been ignorant and highly annoying. In my opinion, you have been nothing but mean, as positive comments have not been stated from you and you are truly lacking in social refinement. Thus, stop the rude comments please and thank you. Remember: "Be Reasonable! Be Polite!"

*Highly appreciated

Britney,

You are a beautiful person inside and out. There are great things in store for ya chica! It was great meeting you.

Karla...

mom...you rock! hahahaha. I love your posting.

Congratulations and well done.

If VA has started my verification process, should I be excited?

Britney in Birmingham, Alabama

78 months ago

TravelGuru in Desert Hot Springs, California said: Congratulations and well done.

YES YOU SHOULD! And thank you Karla you are wonderful. I and actually going to work for a cruise line as a Social Hostess on board. I'm pretty excited.

Karla in Temecula, California

78 months ago

Congratulations Britney. What a fun job - and custom made for somebody as outgoing and awesome as you. That actually wasn't me posting earlier - I'm not sure who Coffee Tea is... Too funny!!

I'm now in the last phase of the VA process. I'm taking my drug test tomorrow morning, then (fingers crossed so I don't jinx anything!) I'm all set for the March training class. It's going to be a crazy month of wrapping everything up down here and relocating to the Bay Area, but I'm excited and really looking forward to it.

Congrat's again on the killer position and keep in touch!!

Qurious in Jackson, California

78 months ago

Karla in Temecula, California said: Congratulations Britney. What a fun job - and custom made for somebody as outgoing and awesome as you. That actually wasn't me posting earlier - I'm not sure who Coffee Tea is... Too funny!!

I'm now in the last phase of the VA process. I'm taking my drug test tomorrow morning, then (fingers crossed so I don't jinx anything!) I'm all set for the March training class. It's going to be a crazy month of wrapping everything up down here and relocating to the Bay Area, but I'm excited and really looking forward to it.

When did you interview?? I was supposed to hear today but nothing yet.

78 months ago

My interview was the first week in December. I believe about a month passed before I received notification that I was advancing in the process. From that point it took several more weeks for the background check to be completed. It's a lengthy process, but definitely worth it!

78 months ago

Karla, if you don't mind me asking, what was the time frame from the time you first applied until you got a notice that you were invited to an interview? Was a phone call or e-mail or like both? :)

Larry

78 months ago

Larry, I don't mind at all. We're all here to support each other, right? If I remember correctly, I received the on-line assessment a day or two following the time I applied. From there it was 4-5 days until I received a telephone call inviting me to interview.

78 months ago

Karla, heh yea.. support :) Thanks. I assume is for the In Flight Team Member position? I applied 3 days ago, didn't get anything so.. figure that since I live in Burlingame I would drop by the building.. and.. wow it's a HUGE 4 story tall glass building. I went up saw the receptionist hoping to talk to someone in the People's department to follow up on my resume but she said that they don't usually like people dropping by unless it's an appointment but she did call someone and I was talking to a nice lady named Carmela in the People's department and she answered a few questions I had and told me the lady who was the hiring manager for the In Flight portion of the company. Carmela told me that it'll probably be a couple weeks before I hear anything since there's no sheduled interviews for the In Flight team members since they need 20-30 before they can have a group session. So.. didn't gain much from visiting but did get the name to the lady who is the hiring manager for that area so I left a voice message and probably follow up on it later on..

I actually wasn't thinking of applying for the flight attendant job since I was applying for the In Flight Base manager position at SFO but on the 31 of jan, just a couple days ago, the In Flight Team Member position opened up so I ended up applying on that one as well :)

VA is actually the very first company iv'e ever summited my resume too since I've always been self employed. Being that I fly every 2 weeks with VA, I've grown to really love the company and the people who run it, especially the professional yet laid back attitude of the company so.. figure I'll give myself a career change, take a big drop in pay and join the team at VA if i'm lucky ;)...

Again, Congrats on your job Karla, i'm sure you'll pass the last portion just fine and will be flying in no time ;)

Larry

78 months ago

I got a question for some of you, that has gotten the interview... if it's okay, could some of you tell me what your background is? Like job experience, salary you posted on the VA career site? The reason I ask is.. I wonder if I may be "overly qualified" such as... having job experience in manager position, self employed, salary that has reached into the 6 figure but decided wanting a new change of experience. I actually kept lowering my salary down to about 80k / 40 per hour on the profile only because an In Flight Team Leader I met in first class told me he used to work for disney making 80k a year and now he's making less then 30k =X but still got hired... Any insight on this? :( If I have to I'll take out some stuff on my resume if it means I can have a chance at working for VA.

Larry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: I got a question for some of you, that has gotten the interview... if it's okay, could some of you tell me what your background is? Like job experience, salary you posted on the VA career site? The reason I ask is.. I wonder if I may be "overly qualified" such as... having job experience in manager position, self employed, salary that has reached into the 6 figure but decided wanting a new change of experience. I actually kept lowering my salary down to about 80k / 40 per hour on the profile only because an In Flight Team Leader I met in first class told me he used to work for disney making 80k a year and now he's making less then 30k =X but still got hired... Any insight on this? :( If I have to I'll take out some stuff on my resume if it means I can have a chance at working for VA.

Larry

Trying to fit what you think they are looking for will not work. Be who you are. Sounds cliche but I promise you that is the number one thing they want. Don't approach this like a stuffy interview. Show them who you are - They aren't looking for the person who looks best on paper. Not at all. This was the advice I got from FA's who have been with them from the beginning. Changing stuff on your resume won't help you get the job. If it's something you want to do, then I wouldn't worry about being over qualified. Get that resume in so they can go ahead and give you an interview! You'll do great. No salary talk, have fun. I promise that will help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Britney in Alabama said: Trying to fit what you think they are looking for will not work. Be who you are. Sounds cliche but I promise you that is the number one thing they want. Don't approach this like a stuffy interview. Show them who you are - They aren't looking for the person who looks best on paper. Not at all. This was the advice I got from FA's who have been with them from the beginning. Changing stuff on your resume won't help you get the job. If it's something you want to do, then I wouldn't worry about being over qualified. Get that resume in so they can go ahead and give you an interview! You'll do great. No salary talk, have fun. I promise that will help you.

Thanks Britney :) Well I didn't change my resume really, just changed the salary amount from 120,000 down to like 80,000 so .. just "incase" they glance at it, they wont automatically turn it away if for some reason there was a judgment on the salary part.

I've been flying VA every 2 weeks and have met a lot of very friendly VA Team Members and the joy, atmosphere and attitude is what drove me to want to work for this company. Personally i've never worked for anyone but myself but really wanted a new different unique experience.

Being in Burlingame, I actually walked into their building last friday and.. wow the building is a HUGE 4 story building.. I was told however, that their training facility is just a block down from my body shop on Rollins Rd hehe. Unforunately this past friday when I walked in, I didn't get to speak to anyone face to face except the receptionist on the 4th floor, and another VA employee in the elevator.. both of whom was very nice.

I did get to speak with Carmela via the receptionist's phone and she was very nice and patient to answer some questions I had :) I even found out who my hiring manager is, I believe it's a lady named Labrina.. left her a voice message but that was about it, then I walked out and enjoyed the rest of my friday heh.

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Thanks Britney :) Well I didn't change my resume really, just changed the salary amount from 120,000 down to like 80,000 so .. just "incase" they glance at it, they wont automatically turn it away if for some reason there was a judgment on the salary part.

I've been flying VA every 2 weeks and have met a lot of very friendly VA Team Members and the joy, atmosphere and attitude is what drove me to want to work for this company. Personally i've never worked for anyone but myself but really wanted a new different unique experience.

Being in Burlingame, I actually walked into their building last friday and.. wow the building is a HUGE 4 story building.. I was told however, that their training facility is just a block down from my body shop on Rollins Rd hehe. Unforunately this past friday when I walked in, I didn't get to speak to anyone face to face except the receptionist on the 4th floor, and another VA employee in the elevator.. both of whom was very nice.

I did get to speak with Carmela via the receptionist's phone and she was very nice and patient to answer some questions I had :) I even found out who my hiring manager is, I believe it's a lady named Labrina.. left her a voice message but that was about it, then I walked out and enjoyed the rest of my friday heh.

It sounds like (from the little bit I just read) you would be an amazing FA for Virgin. You are familiar with the flight, the people, know the atmosphere. You've been working for yourself so you are obviously an independent thinker. Sounds like this is something they you just really want to do for the love of it. which I think is awesome. Labrina is the Hiring Manager, but I always conversed with Megan Flanagan. They really should give you an interview. I think you deserve one. they just be yourself. I think you will do a great job. good luck! let me know how it goes!

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Thanks Britney :) Well I didn't change my resume really, just changed the salary amount from 120,000 down to like 80,000 so .. just "incase" they glance at it, they wont automatically turn it away if for some reason there was a judgment on the salary part.

It sounds like (from the little bit I just read) you would be an amazing FA for Virgin. You are familiar with the flight, the people, know the atmosphere. You've been working for yourself so you are obviously an independent thinker. Sounds like this is something they you just really want to do for the love of it. which I think is awesome. Labrina is the Hiring Manager, but I always conversed with Megan Flanagan. They really should give you an interview. I think you deserve one. they just be yourself. I think you will do a great job. good luck! let me know how it goes!

78 months ago

Britney, Thanks! I really hope I do get an interview so they can judge me for who I am and not what's on paper ;)

So Labrina is the hiring manager, yea.. I've been reading about Megan in this last 3 pages but didn't know who she is, is she the recruiter?

I met Raul, he works in the office most of the time but takes at lesat a flight every month and I was lucky to Have met him, as well as Kelly and Rachel both on a recent flight back from JFK to SFO (took some picture of the yummie food from VA's first class hehe) www.myspace.com/littodevil Anyways I was hanging out in the rear of the plane half the time even though I was sitting up front only because those 3 in flight team members were so funny. Raul locked Rachel in the bathroom when she was brushing her teeth and she was banging on the door =P =X haha.. Anyways... thanks for the insight Britney :)

Which Cruise do you work for now? I think I read earlier you said you got a job with a cruise liner? :)

Larry

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

Karla in Temecula, California said: Congratulations Britney. What a fun job - and custom made for somebody as outgoing and awesome as you. That actually wasn't me posting earlier - I'm not sure who Coffee Tea is... Too funny!!

Yes, let's please do keep in touch. I want to hear how training goes, how you feel about it all - all that good stuff! So happy for you.

78 months ago

Oh I forgot to add.. when I mention Raul I was trying to say, he was nice enough to let me put him down as an employee referral which Carmela verified on friday :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Karla, Congrats from me too! Good luck with training and everything :) Training is just down the street from me ;) If I could help you with anythign when you relocate here to Burlingame aka Bay area, feel free to send me an e-mail! Since I live here maybe i could be of some assist =)

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Britney, Thanks! I really hope I do get an interview so they can judge me for who I am and not what's on paper ;)

So Labrina is the hiring manager, yea.. I've been reading about Megan in this last 3 pages but didn't know who she is, is she the recruiter?

I met Raul, he works in the office most of the time but takes at lesat a flight every month and I was lucky to Have met him, as well as Kelly and Rachel both on a recent flight back from JFK to SFO (took some picture of the yummie food from VA's first class hehe) www.myspace.com/littodevil Anyways I was hanging out in the rear of the plane half the time even though I was sitting up front only because those 3 in flight team members were so funny. Raul locked Rachel in the bathroom when she was brushing her teeth and she was banging on the door =P =X haha.. Anyways... thanks for the insight Britney :)

Which Cruise do you work for now? I think I read earlier you said you got a job with a cruise liner? :)

Larry

'

Yeah, Labrina is hiring manage, Megan - I assume - is hiring assistant, meaning all the contacts probebly go through her. She is very nice. I will be cruisin with Norwegian Cruise Lines.

78 months ago

Britney in Alabama said: '

Yeah, Labrina is hiring manage, Megan - I assume - is hiring assistant, meaning all the contacts probebly go through her. She is very nice. I will be cruisin with Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Ooo Norwegian Cruise.. their website looks very nice.. I've wanting to go back on a cruise ever since my wonderful experience with Disney Cruise Line has been 2 years ago. Just need to find a girl to take on a cruise.... heh

Britney, you did mention that you came for the interview with VA right? Since your in Alabama did they just fly you in to SFO or where did you get the interview at?

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

I had to fly myself out there

Britney in Alabama

78 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Ooo Norwegian Cruise.. their website looks very nice.. I've wanting to go back on a cruise ever since my wonderful experience with Disney Cruise Line has been 2 years ago. Just need to find a girl to take on a cruise.... heh

Britney, you did mention that you came for the interview with VA right? Since your in Alabama did they just fly you in to SFO or where did you get the interview at?

i had to pay for myself to fly out there, we interviewed at the HQ

78 months ago

Britney in Alabama said: i had to pay for myself to fly out there, we interviewed at the HQ

aw :( So you had to pay to fly out here to wonderful california, interviewed at the big 4 story tall glass building and then went right back home?

I heard people saying that they got asked "situational" questions, what type of questions did they ask? Do they come up with a scenario and ask you what you would do in this situation or.. do they ask you for a previous experience in like.. the customer service area and how you delt with it and what the result was kind of thing?

Larry

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington

78 months ago

frankie in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Jessica, we're you hired on the spot or told you would be receiving an email within a few days with some news? Hey, I wouldn't worry. You are being considered and hopefully soon you will have both feet in the door:) Congratulations.....

Jason is doing the hiring up in Seattle. He called and left a msg that said "unfortunately we don't have space for you in the February 12th class but we may be able to consider you for the March 2nd class" I know that I passed the drug test. I was surprised because usually by the time they give you a drug screening, you can pretty much count on getting an offer. He did say that they would be in touch in the next couple of weeks. If I don't hear from him next week I think I'll email him and after that I guess I will let it go.

Coffee Tea in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

TravelGuru in Desert Hot Springs, California said: Congratulations and well done.

Yea, just make sure your resume and background are correct...they check everything!!!

Coffee Tea in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

Mom you are so silly. It's Ash.

Amilee in Vancouver, Washington

78 months ago

Does anyone know how VA feels about hiring dual citizens..I am British born, but also an American citizen..is this a help or a hinderance? I do know ultimatley, it is more about vibrant personality than anything else, and a legitimate desire to serve others....I was just curious about the citizenship thing......

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California

78 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all the information here and I also applied for a position for VA. Actually I applied for several positions but I got an email from Megan to fill out the online assessment and just finished it. I'm really excited for the opportunity I really hope I can get an interview. Does anyone know how much does a new In Flight Team Member make? I'm actually been applying like crazy for the past few months in different industries and wanted to way my options. Anyway I hope you guys can help. Thanks :)

78 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all the information here and I also applied for a position for VA. Actually I applied for several positions but I got an email from Megan to fill out the online assessment and just finished it. I'm really excited for the opportunity I really hope I can get an interview. Does anyone know how much does a new In Flight Team Member make? I'm actually been applying like crazy for the past few months in different industries and wanted to way my options. Anyway I hope you guys can help. Thanks :)

Really? :( I didn't get any assessment form... I applied sometime last week -__-...

78 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Everyone,

I believe it's around 19/hr.

When did u apply if u don't mind me asking.

78 months ago

Hi Larry, I applied last week also... I pretty sure you might get one this week... keep your head up :) also it might be for a different position the email really did not indicate which position it was... I'm actually just happy to be in the company if given a chance.

78 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Larry, I applied last week also... I pretty sure you might get one this week... keep your head up :) also it might be for a different position the email really did not indicate which position it was... I'm actually just happy to be in the company if given a chance.

I've just never had so much love for a company bfeore xD haha.. i sound like a little kid when I said that. I just love this company's ethics, vision and attitude and think it would be great to join a team like this.

I applied for a few positions as well.. In Flight Base Manager, In Flight Team Member, SFO Station Supervisor and Coordinator for airport guest services. I was going to apply for the JFK Station Supervisor as I have a house on the east coast as well but hopefully I'll get that e-mail and get a job here in the bay area :) I like it here much better :)

Larry

Christina in Fremont in San Francisco, California

78 months ago

Larry - Good luck on the job hunt! (they did have secured doors, but i think you already got into the building and talked to the staff.)

For me, I applied for my position on a Friday. I got a call from Labrina that following Monday. We played phone tag all day, and finally got a hold of each other on Tuesday. We set up an interview the next day, on Wednesday.

Good luck!!

78 months ago

Christina in Fremont in San Francisco, California said: Larry - Good luck on the job hunt! (they did have secured doors, but i think you already got into the building and talked to the staff.)

For me, I applied for my position on a Friday. I got a call from Labrina that following Monday. We played phone tag all day, and finally got a hold of each other on Tuesday. We set up an interview the next day, on Wednesday.

Good luck!!

Christina, thanks :) Secure doors? Did I disable them on accident as I walked thru them? hehe j/k..

Sigh :( How come everyone's getting calls and e-mails except me haha.. Maybe it's because I applied on the same day when those positions opened up maybe? but then again Ench225 heard something.. I guess I'll just have to wait and be patient...

78 months ago

Christina in Fremont in San Francisco, California said: Larry - Good luck on the job hunt! (they did have secured doors, but i think you already got into the building and talked to the staff.)

Good luck!!

Hi Christina- I just wanted to know when you applied that Friday, did you fill out the online assessment that same day? and then you got a call on Monday for an interview?

Vince

78 months ago

If I actually find out who I can talk to about an offer from my body shop, I was going to give all VA employees a special discount at my auto body shop in Burlingame... 20% off of work done if money is coming out of your pocket, and up to 50% off your deductible if it's insurance work... but then again it sounds more like a bribe to get a job so I'll wait and see if I even get a job at VA then i'll find out who I can talk to so they can let all VA employees know :) heh..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Larry -

Oops, i was thinking about the office doors on the second floor. those doors are secure... the front door to the building isn't secure nor is the entrance to the office for the receptionist/cafeteria area.

I'm not sure how they go about hiring/calling people. I do know that they are looking for a specific attitude/personality. It's still a really young/small company (although the benefits seem pretty good!) so they're looking for people who will mingle/work great together. They do a lot of fun stuff for certain days and the orientation package i heard is really interesting. :)

if you have more questions or want more details, you can email me at ephism@gmail.com

78 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Christina- I just wanted to know when you applied that Friday, did you fill out the online assessment that same day? and then you got a call on Monday for an interview?

Vince

Hi Vince,

In my previous post, I did mention that I was not applying for a in flight member position, but a permanant position in the headquarters. I'm sorry I don't have much info on the in flight position, but I do have insight onto the hiring process that virgin puts its candidates through. I did not fill out a personal assessment; I just received the call on Monday with Labrina leaving a voicemail. She just stated she felt that my resume fit what they were looking for and would like to speak with me about potentially setting something up. On Tuesday it was about a 15 minute phone interview on my intentions and my thoughts on Virgin and why I was job hunting. I guess my answers were good enough; she set up an appt with me for the following day. If you want more details/questions, like I told Larry, you can email me at ephism@gmail.com the diff "conversations" on this thread is getting hard for me to keep track of; i end up forgetting to resond to questions in earlier posts.

78 months ago

Christina in Fremont in San Francisco, California said: Larry -

Oops, i was thinking about the office doors on the second floor. those doors are secure... the front door to the building isn't secure nor is the entrance to the office for the receptionist/cafeteria area.

I'm not sure how they go about hiring/calling people. I do know that they are looking for a specific attitude/personality. It's still a really young/small company (although the benefits seem pretty good!) so they're looking for people who will mingle/work great together. They do a lot of fun stuff for certain days and the orientation package i heard is really interesting. :)

if you have more questions or want more details, you can email me at ephism@gmail.com

Christina, i sent you my resume.. if you get a c hance can you take a look over and give me some feedback? I'm starting to think maybe there was something seriously wrong with my resume or something.. xP.. I even have a few VA employee references.. xP

I did see the cafe and the receptionist area.. very nice.. hehe

Larry

78 months ago

Christina in Fremont in San Francisco, California said: Hi Vince,

In my previous post, I did mention that I was not applying for a in flight member position, but a permanant position in the headquarters. I'm sorry I don't have much info on the in flight position, but I do have insight onto the hiring process that virgin puts its candidates through. I did not fill out a personal assessment; I just received the call on Monday with Labrina leaving a voicemail. She just stated she felt that my resume fit what they were looking for and would like to speak with me about potentially setting something up. On Tuesday it was about a 15 minute phone interview on my intentions and my thoughts on Virgin and why I was job hunting. I guess my answers were good enough; she set up an appt with me for the following day. If you want more details/questions, like I told Larry, you can email me at ephism@gmail.com the diff "conversations" on this thread is getting hard for me to keep track of; i end up forgetting to resond to questions in earlier posts.

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the heads up I will email you if I have more questions. thanks again and congratulations.... :)

Vince

78 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Christina,

Thanks for the heads up I will email you if I have more questions. thanks again and congratulations.... :)

Vince

Hey Vince, do you knwo if that online assessment thingy you filled out was related to the In Flight Team Member position or was it porbably for one of the other positions you applied for? If you don't mind me asking, what other positions did you apply for?

Cheers!
Larry

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.