Virgin America

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 11410)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Amilee in Vancouver, Washington

79 months ago

Britney in Alabama said: i had to pay for myself to fly out there, we interviewed at the HQ

Britney
I just wanted to take a moment to tell you that I think you must be a lovely lady, you seem to have a gteat attitude, and I am sure that those parents of yours who have been tellig you what to do for years, are tremendously proud of who you have become. You seem really sweet. Lots of luck at your new position, it is unfortunate that you were not hired at VA because I feel that you would have lit up the sky with sunshine!
If I am invited to join the company I shall smile two huge smiles, one for me and one for you too!!
Keep your positive attitude always, and god bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vince in South San Francisco, California

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Hey Vince, do you knwo if that online assessment thingy you filled out was related to the In Flight Team Member position or was it porbably for one of the other positions you applied for? If you don't mind me asking, what other positions did you apply for?

Cheers!
Larry

Hi Larry,

I think its for the flight team member. I actually applied for Prodcution Traffic manager but I think the assessment that I filled out is for the Flight Team member.

Vince

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California

79 months ago

Vince in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Larry,

I think its for the flight team member. I actually applied for Prodcution Traffic manager but I think the assessment that I filled out is for the Flight Team member.

Vince

Ohh... was it kind of like a personality test kind of thing? Did you hear back from them? :)

Larry

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Ohh... was it kind of like a personality test kind of thing? Did you hear back from them? :)

Larry

Hey Larry,

Unfortunately I have not heard nothing yet. I called Megan last Monday to let her know that I finished the online assessment form and she mentioned that she was going to call me, but I have not heard anything yet (it has been just 2 days).

Hi Amilee,

Just wanted to find out if you finished your group interview and if you did how long did they call you for an interview after you finished the online assessment form?

Vince

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hey Larry,

Unfortunately I have not heard nothing yet. I called Megan last Monday to let her know that I finished the online assessment form and she mentioned that she was going to call me, but I have not heard anything yet (it has been just 2 days).

Hi Amilee,

Just wanted to find out if you finished your group interview and if you did how long did they call you for an interview after you finished the online assessment form?

Vince

Hey Vince, you wouldn't happen to have Megan's extension number would you? I keep pressing 0 when I dial the number the headquarter but it keeps telling me the operator is not available LoL... Or maybe her direct line? Thanks!

Larry

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Hey Vince, you wouldn't happen to have Megan's extension number would you? I keep pressing 0 when I dial the number the headquarter but it keeps telling me the operator is not available LoL... Or maybe her direct line? Thanks!

Larry

Nevermind :) I got a hold of her and just did that online assessment thingy ma jiggy.. hehe

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Nevermind :) I got a hold of her and just did that online assessment thingy ma jiggy.. hehe

Hi Larry,

Sorry for not replying right away it was crazy busy at work. Cool I'm glad that you got to do the assessment. Let me know if you got a call from Megan regarding the interview. I'm still waiting for the call, I really hope I get a call by the end of this week. Good luck

Vince

Sal in Lakewood, California

79 months ago

Hi Everyone, where VA conducts the interview?

79 months ago

Sal in Lakewood, California said: Hi Everyone, where VA conducts the interview?

Sal, In their headquarters on 555 Airport Blvd here in Burlingame California. It's just like a mile south of SFO.

Larry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sal in Lakewood, California

79 months ago

Larry, Thank you :)

79 months ago

Sal in Lakewood, California said: Larry, Thank you :)

Did you get an interview sheduled? :)

MR in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Larry,
Hi there, I just applied 2 days ago with Virgin America and yesterday
got my online assessment. I finished it and today I got a called from
Megan. She was very nice and professional! I schedule an interview for 2/28.
When are you interviewing?

WakeyJakey in San Francisco, California

79 months ago

I applied for VA like 2 weeks ago, got an online assessment last night from Megan, filled it out last night, and got a call today from Megan. She asked me why I wanted to work at Virgin, I guess she liked my answer so I have an interview scheduled on Tuesday February 12 at 9 am. This company sounds totally sweet to work for. I wonder if they offer you a job on the spot cause I got an interview with Delta on Thursday in Atlanta, but I would love to get to stay in SF cause this city is so much better than NYC. I wish everyone luck! Anyone else got an interview on tuesday?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

MR, Congrats :) I'm interviewing apparently the same time WakeyJakey is interviewing, next tuesday at 9 am :)

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: MR, Congrats :) I'm interviewing apparently the same time WakeyJakey is interviewing, next tuesday at 9 am :)

Larry did you call her after taking the assessment test or did she contact you today?

MR in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Thank you Larry, Keep us posted!!! VA seems like much fun!!! Great people!
Is it very expensive to live in Burlingame? or the SFO airport area?
I know the city is extremely expensive...

79 months ago

Amilee, I didn't call her after taking the assessment test, she called me within 24 hours of taking it. I'm not sure if it was because of what I got as a result of the test or she was just doing her job of calling people to inform them about an interview or what not. But she did contact me today and it wasn't because I called her.

MR, Well... Burlingame is a higher end community, right next to us is Hillsborough which is the most expensive where houses are well over the millions. Next to SFO is basically San Burno, Millbrae, etc... An average apartment I guess.. two bedroom, kitchen, small living room in an apartment complex is probably around 1225 a month. Gas is average 3.33 right now for regular. I'm the wrong person to ask since I was born and lived in San Francisco all my life and moved down to Burlingame about 7 years ago. It's quieter here and better if you have kids since it's a better and more friendlier neighborhood then San Francisco itself.

I can see the SFO runway from my window from where i'm sitting right now :)

Larry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Jenna in North Weymouth, Massachusetts said: Does anyone know approximately how long after you complete the online assessment you should recieve a call? Also, I understand what no overtime means, but I find it ahrd to believe they don't pay you for any flight hours over your guarentee... is that true?!

They do pay you for flights over 75 hours up to 120, just not over time.. such as.. any more then your base salary or hourly rate.

Please DO NOT contact VA and mention my name please... I don't want to get kicked off because a million people call and say "Larry got an online assessment and interview, how come I didn't?". You can call but please don't mention my name :) Greatly appreicate it :)

Larry

79 months ago

MR in Houston, Texas said: Thank you Larry, Keep us posted!!! VA seems like much fun!!! Great people!

MR, yes VA is very fun.. I had more fun in first class though xD... www.myspace.com/littodevil hehe I only wanted to work for them only after I've experience the "end product" and the wonderful people who made it happen. Now I would like to be part of that team that makes it possible as well since I can still keep my own business running along the side just less time devoted to it.

Larry

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Amilee, I didn't call her after taking the assessment test, she called me within 24 hours of taking it. I'm not sure if it was because of what I got as a result of the test or she was just doing her job of calling people to inform them about an interview or what not. But she did contact me today and it wasn't because I called her.

MR, Well... Burlingame is a higher end community, right next to us is Hillsborough which is the most expensive where houses are well over the millions. Next to SFO is basically San Burno, Millbrae, etc... An average apartment I guess.. two bedroom, kitchen, small living room in an apartment complex is probably around 1225 a month. Gas is average 3.33 right now for regular. I'm the wrong person to ask since I was born and lived in San Francisco all my life and moved down to Burlingame about 7 years ago. It's quieter here and better if you have kids since it's a better and more friendlier neighborhood then San Francisco itself.

I can see the SFO runway from my window from where i'm sitting right now :)

Larry

Thanks Larry, lots of luck to you...I am sure you will do wonderful at your interview....
For anyone else who is wondering about how expensive Burlingame is, it can be spendy. I was based there with another carrier and I had a crash pad at Northpark, (not the best) but, with about 10 of us sharing, it was around $150 amonth....cab was around $15 to the airport.....It really is a lovely little community though....

Vince in South San Francisco, California

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: MR, yes VA is very fun.. I had more fun in first class though xD... www.myspace.com/littodevil hehe I only wanted to work for them only after I've experience the "end product" and the wonderful people who made it happen. Now I would like to be part of that team that makes it possible as well since I can still keep my own business running along the side just less time devoted to it.

Larry

Hey Larry,

I also got a call from Megan today and we have the same interview, so I guess we will meet in the interview. Best of luck Larry.

Vince

MR in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Thank you Larry for the info!
Thanks Amilee too for sharing that info.
Good luck to all of you and hope to see you all in
training soon! I'll keep you posted
MR.

79 months ago

Vince,

Yes we will meet in the interview :) Best of luck to you too! If you don't mind me asking, what inspired you to want to be a FA and/or work for VA? Just curious :)

MR, Yes I hope I make it the training part!!! Still gotta get thru interview, background check and what not :) Training is just down the street from my body shop I think... on the same street :)

Cheers!!!!
Larry

79 months ago

MR in Houston, Texas said: Thank you Larry, Keep us posted!!! VA seems like much fun!!! Great people!

MR, It is much more expensive to live near the airport than the city. The rent is the same but you must maintain a car near the airport, and that is crazy expensive with gas and parking tickets (which you WILL get pretty often, they are unavoidable). You can live without a car in the city and find a room share for about 600-1000 a month, although I'm sure you could find a crashpad for cheaper if you don't mind sharing rooms. If you live near BART it take about 30 minutes on BART to get to the airport from the city

The only thing I'm nervous bout for the interview is how i'm gonna get there. I got a motor scooter and its freeway legal but i've never brought it on the freeway cause its really light. Larry, is it confusing getting to Airport Blvd via Bayshore Blvd, I looked it up on mapquest it seems kinda confusing and its not liek I can read a map and drive my bike at the same time. Thinking I might just rent a zipcar for the day....Or maybe take BART I wonder how far it is from BART station? Hmmm....anyway lemme know

79 months ago

WakeyJakey, if you take BART to the millbrae station I'll be more then happy to pick you up and drive you there so you don't have to take your scooter.

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: WakeyJakey, if you take BART to the millbrae station I'll be more then happy to pick you up and drive you there so you don't have to take your scooter.

Send me an email....JakobLouis@yahoo.com and I will give you my phone number to coordinate it. Thats awesome Larry I really appreciate that....I also didnt' want to show up in all my motorcycle gear either for the interview as my helmet and jacket are really loud and bright and crazy.

79 months ago

Sure thing, is it me or is this interview full of guys instead of mix of guys and gals? lol...

Larry

79 months ago

Guys gals who cares I just want this job....I applied with United and Delta, but Virgin just seems like it will be much more fun...more people oriented. The United interview (I wasn't offered a job) was super fake plus you have to wear a suit every day while in training which I would tolerate but not enjoy. Business casual seems awesome. I was thinking of nice slacks and a nice shurt with a sweater vest. Business wear is so foreign to me. I'm a full time yoga teacher all I know right now is speedos

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Oh i have nothing wrong with it, dont' take me wrong lol, It's just the industry seems to be mostly female so I was just thinking it's nice to have a chance now, gives us a chance to get a job too :)

Virgin does seem like it'll be a lot more fun, but people are also expecting more too. And definitely people oriented.

I guess for me Business formal, casual or layed back are all fine with me :) But yea, the more comfortable u are, the better you tend to work.

Larry

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Vince,

Yes we will meet in the interview :) Best of luck to you too! If you don't mind me asking, what inspired you to want to be a FA and/or work for VA? Just curious :)

MR, Yes I hope I make it the training part!!! Still gotta get thru interview, background check and what not :) Training is just down the street from my body shop I think... on the same street :)

Cheers!!!!
Larry

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the late reply, was so busy with my little girl (she is almost 3 months old) last night, she is really a handful. Actually I really want to work for VA as soon as I heard about how VA and how they will shake up the airline industry, And I really want to work for a company that is cutting edge, and also I love to travel. that is why I was trying to get a job at there headquarters as a Production traffic manager (having 5 year experience in commercial printing) or a FA (2nd option). I really want to be part of VA and I feel if you get in now, this is the prefect time to get in, we will be the group that will shape the company and really make a difference (if we get in). And knowing how Sir Richard Branson runs his companies this is an exciting opportunity to be a part.

Vince

Sherry in San Diego, California

79 months ago

hi all,

i am considering applying to VA, however i was wondering if any of you knew what their benefits and starting pay is? also, what are their agreements for travel privileges on other carriers? also, what are their plans for growth/other cities?

not knowing this information has definitely kept me from applying so far... i hope one of you can help!

Melinda in Sonora, California

79 months ago

WakeyJakey in San Francisco, California said: I applied for VA like 2 weeks ago, got an online assessment last night from Megan, filled it out last night, and got a call today from Megan. She asked me why I wanted to work at Virgin, I guess she liked my answer so I have an interview scheduled on Tuesday February 12 at 9 am. This company sounds totally sweet to work for. I wonder if they offer you a job on the spot cause I got an interview with Delta on Thursday in Atlanta, but I would love to get to stay in SF cause this city is so much better than NYC. I wish everyone luck! Anyone else got an interview on tuesday?

I also am interviewing on Tuesday the 12th, Hope to see you there!

79 months ago

Sherry, I believe starting pay is 19/hr, 75 hours guaranetted and able to work up to 120 hours but no over time, it'll be 19 all the way up til 120. Then when your in another city or not on the plane it's like.. 1.75/hr? and they cover hotels and etc. They don't have any agreements with other carriers at the moment as it's a very new company and I'm sure they have many plans to expand.

I personally applied only because I love this company and not for it's pay but then again pay is an important aspect to most. I have another job that'll cover my month to month bills, just looking for a career change and new experience :)

Melinda, I hope to see you there too!!! :) If you need directions or want to meet up ahead of time let me know :) I live in Burlingame and drove by the building plenty of times :)

Enjoy your weekends everyone!
Larry

79 months ago

Larry, that would be awesome if we could meet ahead of time. I used to live in San Jose but havent been in the area for a little more than 10 years.Im sure things have changed.

79 months ago

Melinda in Sonora, California said: Larry, that would be awesome if we could meet ahead of time. I used to live in San Jose but havent been in the area for a little more than 10 years.Im sure things have changed.

Sure! Well it hasn't changed that much.. haha funny thing i'm on the phone with a VA reservation agent booking a flight for end of March to JFK xD... If I get the job figure the flight is free but haha.. oh well :) if we're lucky and get the job I would assume training is then.

Well I plan to send e-mail to WakeyJakey later on tonight and maybe we can meet up at the BART station before we pick him up and then we can head over to VA :) Or wherever you want Melinda heh. Send me an e-mail if you want, it's littodevil@gmail.com

Ah flight booked.. wow that was quick :)

Larry

79 months ago

Ok Larry, first I would have to find the bart station lol. Im at work now but will send you an email later I had thought of driving out the nigh b4 and staying close to the city in which case I would still like to meet you ahead of time and even follow you over we will figure it out. Thanks again you are awesome!

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington

79 months ago

Well I think this will probably be my last post. I'm happy to say that I got my offer letter from Carmela today. I start on March 3rd. I wish you all the best of luck whether you go to Virgin or somewhere else. My only advice is that the hiring process takes a long time. I was disappointed to not be in the February training, but I will be in the March training so I'm glad I didn't lose hope. The other advice I can give is to be professional, real, and outgoing at the group interview if you get to that stage in the hiring process. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, let your personality shine through.
Good luck.

Britney in Alabama

79 months ago

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington said: Well I think this will probably be my last post. I'm happy to say that I got my offer letter from Carmela today. I start on March 3rd. I wish you all the best of luck whether you go to Virgin or somewhere else. My only advice is that the hiring process takes a long time. I was disappointed to not be in the February training, but I will be in the March training so I'm glad I didn't lose hope. The other advice I can give is to be professional, real, and outgoing at the group interview if you get to that stage in the hiring process. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, let your personality shine through.
Good luck.

congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Tell Ashley and Karla I said hello! and miss them.

79 months ago

jessicadsimpson in Seattle, Washington said: Well I think this will probably be my last post. I'm happy to say that I got my offer letter from Carmela today. I start on March 3rd. I wish you all the best of luck whether you go to Virgin or somewhere else. My only advice is that the hiring process takes a long time. I was disappointed to not be in the February training, but I will be in the March training so I'm glad I didn't lose hope. The other advice I can give is to be professional, real, and outgoing at the group interview if you get to that stage in the hiring process. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, let your personality shine through.
Good luck.

Jessica Congrats!!! I'm guessing you go the In Flight Team Member position? :) Hope to see you on the plane!

79 months ago

Good luck.

Wait, you got a letter from Carmela or a phone call?... Carmela.. the Recruiter Coordinator? I sent her a basket of fruits this past monday from www.ediblearrangements.com/ to thank her for answering all the long questions I had when I dropped by the headquarter but was unable to see anyone hehe. She's a very nice and helpful girl. :)

79 months ago

Ench225 in South San Francisco, California said: Hi Larry,

Sorry for the late reply, was so busy with my little girl (she is almost 3 months old) last night, she is really a handful. Actually I really want to work for VA as soon as I heard about how VA and how they will shake up the airline industry, And I really want to work for a company that is cutting edge, and also I love to travel. that is why I was trying to get a job at there headquarters as a Production traffic manager (having 5 year experience in commercial printing) or a FA (2nd option). I really want to be part of VA and I feel if you get in now, this is the prefect time to get in, we will be the group that will shape the company and really make a difference (if we get in). And knowing how Sir Richard Branson runs his companies this is an exciting opportunity to be a part.

Vince

Vince, Congrats on your little girl :) I hope she isn't keeping you up all night hehe.. And I agree with you that if we get in now we'll be part of a group that'll shape the future of this company and give this industry a much needed boost in hospitality and "fun" for the guest like me who flies VA all the time. Today is monday.. tomorrow is tuesday!!!! woo hoo!!! Excited :)

Larry

Marissa McCarran in Pasadena, California

79 months ago

Antonio is a kook.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Marissa McCarran in Pasadena, California said: Antonio is a kook.

Wha? huh? Antonio? Who's Antonio?

79 months ago

Ah I just got back from my wonderful group interview today! It was great to see Melinda, Stephanie, Val, Vince, Jakob, and everyone else that I forgot names of =X at the interview! I think it was a fun, informative, pretty relaxed interview session. Good luck to everyone!!!!! :) I personally had a blast =D now just have to sit tight and wait.. wait... and hmm wait.. :) Mean while I'm going to go pack for my flight to JFK tomorrow via Virgin America!! wOooo!!! At least I have that to look forward to and get to meet more professional, nice and sweet In Flight Team Members on the way there :) Hopefully when I fly back from JFK I can say.. "hey i'll be your co worker soon!!!" haha.. hopefully.. I hope everyone gets hired, everyone there was so up beat and wonderful! xD So eessttttasticcc!!

Larry

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Ah I just got back from my wonderful group interview today! It was great to see Melinda, Stephanie, Val, Vince, Jakob, and everyone else that I forgot names of =X at the interview! I think it was a fun, informative, pretty relaxed interview session. Good luck to everyone!!!!! :) I personally had a blast =D now just have to sit tight and wait.. wait... and hmm wait.. :) Mean while I'm going to go pack for my flight to JFK tomorrow via Virgin America!! wOooo!!! At least I have that to look forward to and get to meet more professional, nice and sweet In Flight Team Members on the way there :) Hopefully when I fly back from JFK I can say.. "hey i'll be your co worker soon!!!" haha.. hopefully.. I hope everyone gets hired, everyone there was so up beat and wonderful! xD So eessttttasticcc!!

Larry[/QUOT

Hey Larry, glad it went well, hope everyone did great! I have my interview coming up and I am really looking forward to it. I will send a ton of positive vibes that you all get hired.... Larry, is the Sheraton pretty close to Virgin America HQ's....I think it can't be far, but you probably know for sure. Congrats on a good interview....keep us posted as to how it turns out.

79 months ago

Amilee, Which Sheraton are you talking about? You can either post it here or e-mail me at littodevil@gmail.com and i'll let you know :) And if i'm around i'll be more then happy to give you a ride to VA since I live here in Burlingame :)

And thanks! I'll keep you posted on how it turned out :) Regardless if I get hired or not, I do commend them on doing a great job at hiring those that they hire because as a guest myself on VA, I've had plenty of positive experience with the In Flight Team Members themselves on flights to Las Vegas and New York :)

Larry

79 months ago

Larry Wu in Burlingame, California said: Amilee, Which Sheraton are you talking about? You can either post it here or e-mail me at littodevil@gmail.com and i'll let you know :) And if i'm around i'll be more then happy to give you a ride to VA since I live here in Burlingame :)

And thanks! I'll keep you posted on how it turned out :) Regardless if I get hired or not, I do commend them on doing a great job at hiring those that they hire because as a guest myself on VA, I've had plenty of positive experience with the In Flight Team Members themselves on flights to Las Vegas and New York :)

Larry

The Sheraton SFO Airport, it is on Airport BLVD....I think it sits right on the water, but I might be getting confused. You are really kind to offer a ride, I noticed you have done this with others too (you have to be hired for you are the kind of individual that will help make VA the best..more than they already are) I might pop you an email on your gmail account and let you know when I am there, as I might just take you up on the offer..thank you lots!!! I have a feeling that VA will scoop you up...and soon!!!!!
regs, Amilee

79 months ago

Amilee,

That Sheraton your talking about is actually right next to VA's building, like walking distance... :) But if you need a ride to and from the airport, let me know :) I just figure everyone else that was at the interview is so far away and since I live in Burlingame.. and if I have a few moments, why not offer a ride :) it's free and usually preparing for an interview is already stressful and nervous as is so.. hey if I could make someone's day start off better, all the better! :) That.. is what I call priceless, for everything else, there's Mastercard :) ha ha ha..

Larry

Karla in Temecula, California

79 months ago

Amilee in Vancouver, Washington said: The Sheraton SFO Airport, it is on Airport BLVD....I think it sits right on the water, but I might be getting confused. You are really kind to offer a ride, I noticed you have done this with others too (you have to be hired for you are the kind of individual that will help make VA the best..more than they already are) I might pop you an email on your gmail account and let you know when I am there, as I might just take you up on the offer..thank you lots!!! I have a feeling that VA will scoop you up...and soon!!!!!
regs, Amilee

Amilee:
That Sheraton is definitey just across the street from VA Headquarters, although it's a little bit of a trek to get across the four lanes and back through the parking lot to VA. However, they have a free shuttle to/from the airport, and if you tell them you're going to VA they'll actually drop you off at the building. :)

Good luck!!

79 months ago

Karla in Temecula, California said: Amilee:
That Sheraton is definitey just across the street from VA Headquarters, although it's a little bit of a trek to get across the four lanes and back through the parking lot to VA. However, they have a free shuttle to/from the airport, and if you tell them you're going to VA they'll actually drop you off at the building. :)

Good luck!!

Karla
Thank you so much for that info, it helps to have as much info as poss in order to make things less chaotic on my interview day. Everyone on this forum is so helpful and I really appreciate it. I really hope that I get to work with all of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.