Which bases is Delta hiring for? Any west coast areas?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

WideawakeinSEA in Seattle, Washington

82 months ago

I'm so glad that I found this forum. So much info. I haven't been able to find out which bases Delta is hiring for though... any help? I'm especially interested in being based in SLC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Bellevue, Washington

82 months ago

Hi Wideawake,

I live in the Seattle area and commute to NYC. Don't expect to be able to get into any base West of the Mississippi anytime soon. Some were recently let into LAX after waiting up to seven years. IMO it will be a long time before anyone moves west again base-wise.

You can commute to NYC, but it takes up a LOT of your time and energy. And it can be stressful. It is better to fly as much as possible back to back out of NYC, then come home for a week or ten days, then go back and do it again. And it will probably be that way for a long time.

Not trying to be discouraging, just trying to paint a realistic picture.

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carm

82 months ago

Sounds like there may be a back-door by applying to NWA for SEA (pending a merger with NWA and Delta). You might have more reserve days with NWA, but it might beat the cross-country commute.

I went to a recent Delta interview as well and they confirmed that the only open base is New York (flying from JFK, LaGuardia and Newark). As they are looking for another 1,500 flight attendants for the NYC base, you may have a lot of competition if you want to leave NYC.

SJDGringa in Portland, Oregon

82 months ago

Yes, everyone is going to NY. Not even language speakers are getting ATL, unless you speak Swedish.

SLC is around 14 yrs seniority to get in...
LAX around 9 years..
SEA around 30 years... and so on.

NY may be the most junior, but with all of the international expansion that is going on, you will be senior pretty quick, holding better and better things! Don't be discouraged, it is an easier commute than you think! I am actually reading books again!

Carm in Rockton, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Pilots’ Talks Apparently Fail in a Northwest-Delta Hookup

By JEFF BAILEY
Published: March 18, 2008 www.nytimes.com

Pilots at Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines appear to have given up efforts to combine their seniority lists, which was considered essential to the two carriers’ hopes for a merger without crippling rancor.

Both carriers may soon announce cutbacks in service instead, as they adjust to $100-a-barrel oil and an expected slowdown in business travel.

Lee Moak, chairman of the Delta chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association, said in a letter to the carrier’s 6,300 pilots on Monday that seniority talks with Northwest’s 4,500 pilots — he did not name Northwest, but others have confirmed that the two sides were in negotiations — had broken off.

Cutie in Anniston, Alabama

82 months ago

SJDGringa in Portland, Oregon said: Yes, everyone is going to NY. Not even language speakers are getting ATL, unless you speak Swedish.

SLC is around 14 yrs seniority to get in...
LAX around 9 years..
SEA around 30 years... and so on.

NY may be the most junior, but with all of the international expansion that is going on, you will be senior pretty quick, holding better and better things! Don't be discouraged, it is an easier commute than you think! I am actually reading books again!

how long is your flight. I will be commuting to NYC from LA and im a little nervous!! You think it can be done? Do you have some of your flights out of PXD?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SJDGringa in Portland, Oregon

82 months ago

My flight is around 4.45 hrs. Yes, I KNOW it can be done. There are a ton of commuters from PDX. I held PDX overnights for the month of April, so I am stoked. :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MattATL in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

I have some friends in class now who are going to commute to NY from the west coast. Anything is possible, but it may not be easy.

Thought it seems to chance by the class, NYC is the only open base unless you speak a certain language.
At the time I started training (2 weeks ago) everyone was sent to NYC with the exception of Hebrew,Danish,Mandarin and Swedish speakers who were sent to ATL and French/Italian speakers, who went to CVG.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.