Xtra airways

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 629)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

TiffanyDawn

81 months ago

I have been invited to attend a interview session for Xtra Airways, Does anyone know if they provide air travel to the event?, I live in Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Gia in Detroit, Michigan

71 months ago

Are they hiring now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

you know who KenD in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

I've been invited to their interview session on the 13th this Sat.
Don't have the funds really to show up you have to fly to Utah and then rent a car and drive the rest of the way thats just to much so ima have to pass. Commuting seems impossible because it's in an isolated area....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DIAFA in Littleton, Colorado

62 months ago

you know who KenD in Chicago, Illinois said: I've been invited to their interview session on the 13th this Sat.
Don't have the funds really to show up you have to fly to Utah and then rent a car and drive the rest of the way thats just to much so ima have to pass. Commuting seems impossible because it's in an isolated area....

From what I can gather it seems they fly on contracts which are short term and then lay off after the contract is over and then rehire new class for a different contract, and this seems to be an ongoing situation there. They dont supply transportation to the interview and you cant commute with their limited chartered service since its different cities all the time. They only fly two airplanes and yet always hiring a new class every few months. Don't think this is a good company to go for anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia

62 months ago

Hello I was just invited to a open house for xtra airlines on the 12th is this a good company to work for???Do you get flying benefits??Is the employment permanent??Can someone help me please and give me as much info as they know about this company??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

citygyrl30@yahoo.com in New York, New York

62 months ago

Gia in Detroit, Michigan said: Are they hiring now?

Yes, go on their website for info ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

MESSAGE FOR CITY GIRL:Yes I am going to the open house on the 12th I received a email invite yesterday.I was just making sure about the flight benefits.Did you see what some one commented and said six days ago about the high turnover because of short contracts and that they do open houses ever few months and hire new employees that the only thing that makes me a little weary you know?What do think about the whole thing??If I were to go and be offered employment this would be my first flight attendant job. Other than that I guess I would need a place to stay after that you know what they call a "crash pad"?Hope to hear back from you City Girl would like to know someone who is going to be in the same open house as me:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hopeful in Sebring, Florida

62 months ago

hello I am going to the open house too in ft myers. Xtra seems to be doing well right now. They are doing a lot of work for direct air. I'm going because it is so close to my house. They do seem very stable and friendly. To be happy at a charter you have to be flexible.

KenD in Honolulu, Hawaii

62 months ago

Hmmmmm like the DIAFA in Littleton said below my 1st comment that they lay off after every contract and then rehire for new contracts doesn't seem good at all to me...I got invited four months ago but didn't attend for those reasons alone...

here's her quote;
DIAFA in Littleton says:
From what I can gather it seems they fly on contracts which are short term and then lay off after the contract is over and then rehire new class for a different contract, and this seems to be an ongoing situation there. They dont supply transportation to the interview and you cant commute with their limited chartered service since its different cities all the time. They only fly two airplanes and yet always hiring a new class every few months. Don't think this is a good company to go for anyway

hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

This message is for HOPEFUL IN SEBRING I am very flexible so I think I would be happy at charter I just don't like the fact I could be laid off due to contract running out???Did you read the message by Ken D Honolulu???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hopeful in Sebring, Florida

62 months ago

I knew someone who flew for them for several years. Yes, they do lay off, but if there is an opening at the main base, wendover nv. You can transfer and that is permanent. I certainly understand.

My friend transfered to the main base. The industry is still topsy turvey. I'm a former flight attendant who would like to to return to the air so I am older. When I was very young I felt the exact same way.

Most of their flight attendant quit rather than transfer.

success to all,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

curious in Lawrence, Kansas

62 months ago

Does anyone know anyhting else about this airline, like what the hourly is and the per diem? Also, is the city in NV close to any other city and the base in Florida, too? Thank you for any other info. The scary part about being layed off is not too good either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

CURIOUS IN LAWRENCE THIS MESSAGE IS FOR U:)The hourly is $19 per block hour,$1.25 per diem hourly and I don't know about NV being close to any other city. They need flight attendants for florida and nevada.You also have to be able to relocate and pay the relocation where ever they put you whether it's florida or nevada. Training is four weeks paid travel and room accomadations.
They do offer medical,dental and life. Travel benefits for employees and immediate family and 65 hour guarantee per month.I know all this only because I received an email invite to their open house I most rsvp back that I will be attending.To be invited from what I understand you must email a resume or fax your resume. I faxed mine the fax number is on indeed.com put in flight attendant and its on the first or second page. When I faxed my resume I received a response like 30 minutes later by email.I hope this helps you and we can all help each other in the future maybe meet at an upcoming open house.GOD BLESS everyone.One question CURIOUS IN LAWRENCE based off what I told you do think its worth attending this open house???I think the god out weights the bad you ever been a flight attendant before??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: MESSAGE FOR CITY GIRL:Yes I am going to the open house on the 12th I received a email invite yesterday.I was just making sure about the flight benefits.Did you see what some one commented and said six days ago about the high turnover because of short contracts and that they do open houses ever few months and hire new employees that the only thing that makes me a little weary you know?What do think about the whole thing??If I were to go and be offered employment this would be my first flight attendant job. Other than that I guess I would need a place to stay after that you know what they call a "crash pad"?Hope to hear back from you City Girl would like to know someone who is going to be in the same open house as me:)

Attn: Fly Free bird

Hi I did see that email, however it dosen't faze me because I have worked in this industry for 6 years now, all charter airlines & they have all been amazing, if it is a temporary contract, they will just ask us to relocate to where their is work, trust me. this is a great field & if it's your first, I promise you will love it. I will be @ the 530pm meeting if I don't see you there good luck, I will also be relocating if I get hired so I to will need a crash pad. ;)

62 months ago

CITYGYRL30 THANKS!!!:)Good to know someone already in the industry not for sure which open house time I will go to thinking the 5:30pm and I pray we both get hired and perhaps we can be at the same crash pad. From what I have read on past comments people post crash pad availability on boards at airports trying to round up people to stay there. I heard it can be 2 to several people per crash pad the more the merry for me that means cheaper rent:)Thanks for the encouragement and positive comments.I am going to keep in touch you do the same. Oh I am thinking about purchasing that $20 book on the flight attendant website tips for interviews:)I need all the help I can get and I am ordering a passport tomorrow. To my understanding you don't have to have one at the open interview you just have to have ordered one.Well goodnight god bless can't wait for the future:)Can't wait to hear back from you as well:)

62 months ago

thank you Fly Free Bird and City Girl30. I am gg to apply. I was just looking around sites and could not find anywhere it says what they pay, benefits and flights for family, etc. Can someone tell me where that is on the site? Thank you so much for any help and info you guys find out. I am in Kansas so I am wondering if they have more than one invite and does everyone already have tickets to fly out??

62 months ago

Also, what other airlines do they have privileges with for flight benefits?

62 months ago

CURIOUS IN LAWRENCE MESSAGE IS FOR YOU:The information that I gave for the most part is not on the website after I faxed my resume in and like 30 minutes later I received an invite to my email address that I was invited to the open house on the 12th. In the invite it stated where the open house would be,requirements you must meet to attend,benefits etc.The only way you can receive an invite is to email a resume or fax a resume the fax number is on the website indeed.com you just have to put "FLIGHT ATTENDANT"in the what space and leave the where space blank.It will bring up current flight attendant jobs make sure you then click on "date"this will organize the most recent job posts xtra airlines should be the third listed.I wish I could put the fax on here I know that would make it easier but you can't put numbers on this forum.Oh yeah to answer your other question I don't know what privileges they have with other airlines.I do know someone else posted on here "City Girl" and saw on another forum that this company only has two planes and they contract with other airlines. I imagine that leaves us that are fortunate enough to get employed by this company flying privileges to who ever they are contracted to or get contracted to in the future.Oh and I have not put my airline ticket yet I need to it was priced at $333 or something like that round trip where I am at if I choose to stay over night which I will cause I will probably go to the open house at 5:30pm instead of the 9am one.By the way once you get your invite and I have every peace of faith you will remember to rsvp them back what time you will be attending on the 12th by email you have to in order to attend.I think what the company is doing too is once they resume your resume via email or fax if they think you meet the minimum requirements that you say on the site then they decide if they want to invite you.I sent a cover letter to putting my strong points on there pretty much trying to sell myself on paper.

62 months ago

Message for CURIOUS IN LAWRENCE :Hope that helped you have a beautiful day let me know if you need any more assistance.I need to order my passport today as well so much to do so little time:)

62 months ago

City Gyrl 30 I have a question do we need to already have a passport when we go to the open house from what I can tell from my email invite and the website as long as you have ordered it you should be find is that correct???Hope you are having a beautiful day :)

62 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: CITYGYRL30 THANKS!!!:)Good to know someone already in the industry not for sure which open house time I will go to thinking the 5:30pm and I pray we both get hired and perhaps we can be at the same crash pad. From what I have read on past comments people post crash pad availability on boards at airports trying to round up people to stay there. I heard it can be 2 to several people per crash pad the more the merry for me that means cheaper rent:)Thanks for the encouragement and positive comments.I am going to keep in touch you do the same. Oh I am thinking about purchasing that $20 book on the flight attendant website tips for interviews:)I need all the help I can get and I am ordering a passport tomorrow. To my understanding you don't have to have one at the open interview you just have to have ordered one.Well goodnight god bless can't wait for the future:)Can't wait to hear back from you as well:)

Hi, your very welcome ;) I too am going to attend the 5:30 session. about the passport, they are going to want to see proof that you already put in the order for it, you need to have it by the last day of training ;) you will be great. The tickets are so expensive, I can't afford not to get hired!!! Hope to hear back from you ;)

62 months ago

TiffanyDawn said: I have been invited to attend a interview session for Xtra Airways, Does anyone know if they provide air travel to the event?, I live in Ohio.

Hi Tiffany, I too am going to the interview session the 12th. Unfortunatley they don't provide travel to the session, only to training if you get asked to attend ;)

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

FREEBIRD, CITYGYRL, and CURIOUS - I've been reading your posts about your interview w/ XTRA, and decided to apply as well. I've been hired by 2 regionals, went to training and graduated with one of them, but didn't continue with them after my IOE. I am intrigued by the idea of working for a charter (esp. out of Fla.) - it seems as though it would be a lot more flexible than working for a scheduled airline. I emailed my resume tonight, and would love to go to the Fla. open house with you all, but that may be a little too soon for them. I already have flight benefits on Delta, so I could go if they invite me.
Have any of you already had other careers prior to this? I would be embarking on my
post-career career (LOL), so I'm a little older, but hopefully not too old to be considered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

RJ in Roswell, Georgia said: FREEBIRD, CITYGYRL, and CURIOUS - I've been reading your posts about your interview w/ XTRA, and decided to apply as well. I've been hired by 2 regionals, went to training and graduated with one of them, but didn't continue with them after my IOE. I am intrigued by the idea of working for a charter (esp. out of Fla.) - it seems as though it would be a lot more flexible than working for a scheduled airline. I emailed my resume tonight, and would love to go to the Fla. open house with you all, but that may be a little too soon for them. I already have flight benefits on Delta, so I could go if they invite me.
Have any of you already had other careers prior to this? I would be embarking on my
post-career career (LOL), so I'm a little older, but hopefully not too old to be considered.

Hey, you work for delta? I love delta ;) but yes, charters are less work, same pay, way more interesting & personal trips & you actually get to see the world weather you are a new hire or senior mama ;) Good luck ;)

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

CITYGIRL - No, my husband works for Delta, thus my ability to nonrev on them. But I'm really looking forward to talking to someone about Xtra. Sent the resume last night via email, but no word yet today. I was hoping to possibly get into that 8/12 open house.

62 months ago

City Girl I know right I need to get hired to. I am thinking positive we are going to get hired and its going to great I know it!!!!Thanks city girl you are awesome.

62 months ago

RJ THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU:You are never to old to do this job I hope you get an email invite. I saw that you put some questions for me on another site I will answer them if you still need me to.

62 months ago

To city girl/rj and tiffany I just reserved my room for the hotel the are hosting the open house at it was $79.99 a night.The ticket gonna cost me like $500 bucks.Please lord let me get this job:)

62 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: City Girl I know right I need to get hired to. I am thinking positive we are going to get hired and its going to great I know it!!!!Thanks city girl you are awesome.

Hi, Sorry to say guys that I unfortunatley wont be attending the session on the 12th because I just couldn't find a flight, they are to expensive :( If anyone can spare a buddy pass, I will surely appreciate it ;) Good luck to all those who make it ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

CITY GIRL What is a buddy pass???I am actually selling some of my old clothes to a place called platos closet they will purchase old clothes in good condition from you I have a lot and hoping to knock down my ticket with this.

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

FREEBIRD - (I love that song) :) I do hope that you get hired next week. I'm going to pray tonight that you get an offer. Regarding my questions, I was just wondering what had happened thus far (how did they contact you, what info did they give to you, etc.). Do you have a plan for commuting down to FL or NV if you get hired? I thought that I saw someone's post which said that they do not provide transportation to/from your base, but I wonder if you get ID 75 or ID 90 on other airlines? Those are some of the questions that I'd love to ask them, since they don't have that kind of info posted on their website.
I thought I also saw that they are hiring for their FL base, which would make things a little easier on us Georgia residents.

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

CITYGIRL - Unfortunately, I'm leaving town tomorrow on a family emergency, but if you can get them to postpone your open house date until a later one, I'll be happy to talk to you about a buddy pass, provided I have some left. I would hate for you to miss out on the interview.

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

FYI, I also found out that Colgan, ATI, and SkyWest are also hiring. Hopefully some of you can apply to those companies as well.

62 months ago

Thanks RJ already know though allegiant is hiring for flight attendants to it was on the website i visit daily indeed.com. They contacted me by email that I was invited after I faxed in my resume.They gave me the hotel address and number by the way the open house is at the hotel.I had to email an RSVP back.I was told the benefits they offer life,medical,dental.The per diem is 1.25 rate hourly.Salary is guaranteed 65 hours montly. You get $19 per block hour,travel benefits to employees and immediate family,travel and room accomadations for 4 week training.There are two open houses on the 12th of august 9am and 5:30pm.The requirements are you must be 21 years old,high school graduate,us citizen,must be able to acquire a us pass port,must be able to pass ten year back ground check,valid drivers licence,must go to and pass four week training in elko,neveda;must be able to attend august 25, 2009 training,must live within 2 hours of the base airport and any relocation costs will be at the cost of the applicant. The airline is actually looking to put flight attendants based in PUNTA,FLORIDA AND ELKO,NEVADA.I do not plan on commuting if hired I would like to get a crash pad near my base if not the commuting it is and if I had to commute I would have to have my base in florida.WHAT IS ID 75 OR ID 90???I HOPE THEY PAY FOR TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM BASE:)HOPE THIS ASSISTS YOU AND THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS REALLY CURIOUS WHAT ID 75 OR ID 90 IS??

62 months ago

RJ in Roswell, Georgia said: CITYGIRL - Unfortunately, I'm leaving town tomorrow on a family emergency, but if you can get them to postpone your open house date until a later one, I'll be happy to talk to you about a buddy pass, provided I have some left. I would hate for you to miss out on the interview.

Aww that is so nice ;) Thanx so much & I will definatley let you know the turn out. Im going to email them monday & see if I can maybe get into a future session, hopefully they will have more than 1 class in the coming months ;) you are a doll ;) I most definatley will keep in touch ;) good luck to you...

62 months ago

RJ in Roswell, Georgia said: CITYGIRL - No, my husband works for Delta, thus my ability to nonrev on them. But I'm really looking forward to talking to someone about Xtra. Sent the resume last night via email, but no word yet today. I was hoping to possibly get into that 8/12 open house.

they will contact you ;) good luck...

62 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: CITY GIRL What is a buddy pass???I am actually selling some of my old clothes to a place called platos closet they will purchase old clothes in good condition from you I have a lot and hoping to knock down my ticket with this.

A buddy pass is what you as a flight attendant will recieve if you work for an airline that provides passess. for your friends & family. Usually you get 8 per yr, depending on the airline. This is what your friends can travel with, space available of course & all they have to pay are the taxes ;)

Online math tutor in New Delhi, India

62 months ago

Delivered by people with a passion for aviation, Xtra Airways continues to impress customers daily with personalized support and attention to detail. They are not going to compensate you for air fare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

RJ THAT MESSAGE ABOVE IS FOR U its sweet to help others RJ.
CITY GIRL its only through the grace of good I will be able to buy the ticket its expensive like you said I wish I could help more I wanted you to attend me:)

62 months ago

Message for online tutor:No they don't pay for flight to interview most don't from what I have experienced but a few do pay.

CITY GIRL:)THANKS FOR EXPLAINING WAS LOST BUT NOW FOUND;)Buddy passes would be awesome:)

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

FREEBIRD - ID 90/75 is when the airline that you work for has agreements with other airlines, and you can buy a space available ticket on those other airlines at 75% or 90% off the regular fare. They are sometimes called ZED fares, as well.

With Buddy Passes, you still have to pay a certain fee (and I know that they have gone up in recent years) for a space available ticket. For instance, a friend of mine recently flew on one of our buddy passes from ATL - FLL for around $55. It sounds like a great deal (and it CAN be) but keep in mind - there is no guarantee that you're going to get a seat on the plane, so you've got to be prepared to be left behind, and possibly get a hotel if there isn't another flight that day.

I have a friend who flew for Allegiant for a while last year, and he seemed to like it, but the commuting became too much and he had to give it up. However, if you're able to relocate, it would be a great opportunity for you. I know that their training is also in NV.

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

CITYGIRL - If not, you have a lot of opportunities living in NY. A lot of the regionals as well as mainlines have bases there. I would have loved to apply to some of them if I had been able to commute. I hope that you'll put your resume out there to lots of airlines - I'm sure that someone will see what a great f/a you will be. Have you been to any open houses or interviews before? It sounds like you know quite a bit about the airline industry. If there's any info that I can provide (to you or FREEBIRD) I'll be happy to tell you what I kinow.

62 months ago

fly free bird in Augusta, Georgia said: RJ THAT MESSAGE ABOVE IS FOR U its sweet to help others RJ.
CITY GIRL its only through the grace of good I will be able to buy the ticket its expensive like you said I wish I could help more I wanted you to attend me:)

Aww thanx me too ;) but a miracle can still happen ;)

62 months ago

RJ in Roswell, Georgia said: CITYGIRL - If not, you have a lot of opportunities living in NY. A lot of the regionals as well as mainlines have bases there. I would have loved to apply to some of them if I had been able to commute. I hope that you'll put your resume out there to lots of airlines - I'm sure that someone will see what a great f/a you will be. Have you been to any open houses or interviews before? It sounds like you know quite a bit about the airline industry. If there's any info that I can provide (to you or FREEBIRD) I'll be happy to tell you what I kinow.

Thanxx ;) I will get something, I've been a F/A now for about 6 yrs, worked for 3 charters, so I know something will happen for me, I just have to keep the faith ;) I really hope to hear from Allegiant too, I really want to move back to FL. If I don't make it on the 12th, let me know how it all went & I wish you all the luck ;)

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

CITYGIRL - Do you find charter flying more rewarding than scheduled, or vice versa? I've never worked for a charter airline, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Bristol in Abingdon, Virginia

62 months ago

I have done both charter and scheduled and charter is sweet!!! I hate scheduled so much that I quit after a short time. I did charter for several years until they went out of service. The best job ever. I would love to do charter, but no way to commute and I am not moving. I love where I live and my husband has an excellent job. I want to be a fa again, but will not fly scheduled. The charter I worked for years ago bought our tickets on the majors to where our charters originated from so we did not have to worry about commuting. Those were the good days!!!!!!!!!

RJ in Roswell, Georgia

62 months ago

Sounds like it. I also understand that Omni and World Airways work that way as well (buying your ticket on other airlines in order to commute to work).
I've been off and on with this for the last 2 years, and had never had the opportunity to talk to anyone about charter, but the more you tell me, the more I think this may be the way for me to go. I'm currently on the hire list for a regional that is under a hiring freeze, and I don't expect to see any movement with them before the end of the year, so maybe I'll have an opportunity to talk to Xtra. Like you, I'm married and don't have the option of moving, so for me, it has to be a schedule airline with a base in ATL or charter.

62 months ago

Hello everyone I am loving what everyone is saying about charters on here!!!
Question for Citygirl or Rj OR ANYONE WHO KNOWS:) How hard is it to find out if any flight attendants are offering crash pads in a base area.Oh and just to let everyone know I have purchase my high ticket,reserved my room and called the xtra airline to make sure they received my RSVP.God will put me there if this is where he wants me to be.I am nervous a little first time flying jitters I wish all the friends I have made on here the best and that they are blessed with getting with the best airlines for them.By the way I have never really told yall much about me but I am southern girl as you can tell hence me saying "yall"I work as a part time leasing consultant for apartments and I am 27 years old and I love writting poetry well gotta go yall have any questions I will try to answer. I will keep everyone posted on how things go.God bless

Rose in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

Wow! Allegiant pays quite a bit better than SkyWest!

62 months ago

RJ in Roswell, Georgia said: CITYGIRL - Do you find charter flying more rewarding than scheduled, or vice versa? I've never worked for a charter airline, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Hello, I do find charter's to be more rewarding & now a day's alot safer. In a charter everything is by groups, you always know who your pax's are ex: military flights, sports teams, cruise lines, school bands, government operation's ect... you basically always know who will be on that plane before you do a trip, so it's safer in the way that commercial airlines like AA, DL, JB ECT... ARE LIKE BUS RIDES, ANYONE CAN BUY A TICKET & RIDE ;) ALSO NOTICE HOW MOST PEOPLE NEVER HEARD ABOUT CHARTER AIRLINES??? & IT'S BEST THAT WAY, GET IT? HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL FOR YOU ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.