air wisconsin trainging school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2203)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

jd in Barnegat, New Jersey

93 months ago

hi Leslie I also had Anne wasn't she the best. yes they do all the background checks for employment then to. Isn't it so exceiting!! well it sounds like if all goes well i will meet you there.My family has but on index cards the airport codes and they are all over my house now.I did get a call a week after my interview from the background company for letters of referances so maybe you will here something soon.keep me posted.
and GOOD LUCK!!!
take care :)
jd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie in Hendersonville, North Carolina

93 months ago

Hey she was so great! Oh good, I am so glad they get all the stuff over with..when do you go to training? It is all so exciting! Keep me posted too. Have fun and take care.. :) Happy Holidays! Leslie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Leslie in Hendersonville, North Carolina said: Hey she was so great! Oh good, I am so glad they get all the stuff over with..when do you go to training? It is all so exciting! Keep me posted too. Have fun and take care.. :) Happy Holidays! Leslie

hey Leslie, the training will be in Norfork Va in Febuary Hope to meet you there and Happy Holiday to you also!!
jd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie L in North Carolina

92 months ago

Hi Jean! That's so great! I look forward to meeting you! Won't be too long now.. Happy New Year! Leslie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

JEAN said: Looking forward to meeting you too! It will be here before we know it!

I'm trying to figure out what to bring to wear for training. I can't wait to get started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JEAN

92 months ago

I will get my packet tomorrow and will see what the dress code is. I am coming from CT where it is cold and snowing at the moment. Should be a little warmer in ORF, so won't need a heavy coat. How about you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

JEAN said: I will get my packet tomorrow and will see what the dress code is. I am coming from CT where it is cold and snowing at the moment. Should be a little warmer in ORF, so won't need a heavy coat. How about you?

I'm coming from Asheville NC so I am hoping for warmth, haha. It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow and I am not really looking forward to that. The dress code seems good, they allow many different options which is great. I'm stuck on my shirt choices though, haha. Not sure which way to go..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JEAN

92 months ago

Leslie.........here is my email address and we can chat more than on this forum. Ashville........furniture capital of the US!
straitfan1981@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

JEAN said: Leslie.........here is my email address and we can chat more than on this forum. Ashville........furniture capital of the US!
straitfan1981@aol.com

Haha..oh yes Furniture city.. Great thanks! Here's my email too, LsLudgate@aol.com. I like your email addy. Strait fan here too!

92 months ago

hello fellow awac flight attdendents glad to here you all got your calls.hey leslie. i am going to make the dress code simlpe navy and white.i found most of what i needed t the gap.pack light and bring a tote for travel layover on the weekends i was told we will be going on practice flights so be ready to back light and go.can't wait to meet you all there.
hey leslie continental airlines wants me to come for trainging what do you think about that?
take care
jd

92 months ago

jd in Barnegat, New Jersey said: hello fellow awac flight attdendents glad to here you all got your calls.hey leslie. i am going to make the dress code simlpe navy and white.i found most of what i needed t the gap.pack light and bring a tote for travel layover on the weekends i was told we will be going on practice flights so be ready to back light and go.can't wait to meet you all there.
hey leslie continental airlines wants me to come for trainging what do you think about that?
take care
jd

Hey! Oh my goodness, CO! When is their training? That would be a tough decision to make. It depends on which one appeals to you more.. They both have great qualities. I was offered a major a couple of months ago but I love the Regionals & the jets though.. It's tough, what do you think you'll do?

92 months ago

Leslie L in North Carolina said: Hey! Oh my goodness, CO! When is their training? That would be a tough decision to make. It depends on which one appeals to you more.. They both have great qualities. I was offered a major a couple of months ago but I love the Regionals & the jets though.. It's tough, what do you think you'll do?

het leslie i am leaning toward awac the regonals seem better for me with the kids and the pug breeding my violet just gave birth to her puppies they are soooo cute go to my website and see them i hope you get a good laugh.www.purelypugs.net i have aleady been studying the booklet awac sent.alot of people like the major airlines better but it is only a year or so wait for a inline flight so i think i will be seeing you guys in about 12 Days have a very happy new year. how are you doing with the airline codes?
see ya
doree

92 months ago

jd in Barnegat, New Jersey said: het leslie i am leaning toward awac the regonals seem better for me with the kids and the pug breeding my violet just gave birth to her puppies they are soooo cute go to my website and see them i hope you get a good laugh.www.purelypugs.net i have aleady been studying the booklet awac sent.alot of people like the major airlines better but it is only a year or so wait for a inline flight so i think i will be seeing you guys in about 12 Days have a very happy new year. how are you doing with the airline codes?
see ya
doree

Hey! I hope you pick AWAC!!! I've gotten the city codes down pretty well. I'm working on that announcement, haha..FUN. I just went to your site and they are soooooo CUTE! Oh they are sweet!

JEAN

92 months ago

Does anyone know what day you have to recite the departure announcement once you start flight attendant training at Air Wisconsin?

92 months ago

Hey Doree! Just checking in with you. Are you ready for next week? Can't wait to get going.. Leslie

jd in Manahawkin, New Jersey

92 months ago

JEAN said: Does anyone know what day you have to recite the departure announcement once you start flight attendant training at Air Wisconsin?

hey jean i was wondering the same thing?
see ya soon
Doree

JEAN

92 months ago

Hi Doree,
I would think that we would be too busy on the first day filling out paperwork. How are you doing on the announcement? I have it down most of the way.......ha ha!

92 months ago

Leslie L in North Carolina said: Hey Doree! Just checking in with you. Are you ready for next week? Can't wait to get going.. Leslie

hey Leslie i am doing good trying to get that departure message down.how are you doing with that? can't wait to meet you,see ya soon
Doree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

jd in Manahawkin, New Jersey said: hey Leslie i am doing good trying to get that departure message down.how are you doing with that? can't wait to meet you,see ya soon
Doree

Hey! I finally got that last part down today now I'm trying to say it all but I think I'm brain dead, haha..What time will you be in on Sunday?

92 months ago

Leslie L in North Carolina said: Hey! I finally got that last part down today now I'm trying to say it all but I think I'm brain dead, haha..What time will you be in on Sunday?

hey leslie i will be arriving at 1646 sunday.i know half of the announcement i am going to be working on the rest this week ha ha.i have been busy my violet had a litter of 7 sweet puppies last week.make sure you bring that tote incase
on our practice flights we can have layovers.
Doree

92 months ago

JEAN said: Hi Doree,
I would think that we would be too busy on the first day filling out paperwork. How are you doing on the announcement? I have it down most of the way.......ha ha!

hey jean i have half down i will be working on the rest of it this week.
see ya sunday
doree

92 months ago

Are you all bringing laptops? I can't decide, would be kind of nice to have.. Will we be doing anything Sunday night do you think or just studying at the hotel?

JEAN

92 months ago

Hi Doree,
I am down at the bottom just before Ladies and Gentlemen please observe as I point out....... I have been writing it down from top to bottom and when you write it......it looks longer then it does in the packet! Looking forward to meeting you too. I know Leslie .... we have been chatting online. I get in at 1433 on Sunday. We will play it by ear what we will do! See you soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Hey Doree,
Just checking in to see how it's going with you? It's so close now! How are the puppies doing? Talk soon! Take care and can't wait to see ya there! Leslie

KD in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

91 months ago

jd in Barnegat, New Jersey said: hello out there, i was just hired as a flight attdendant for awac airlines.i was wondering if anyone can suggest anything i can study in advance for the flight school at norfolk va, to be better prepared. this is my dream come true!!
thanks
jd

JD,
I have an interview with Air Wis and was wondering if you could give me any interview tips. Any help is appreciated. How is training?

thanks
KD

Meaghan in Castleton On Hudson, New York

91 months ago

Hey KD,
I have a question! When did you attend your open house? Our interviews were right at the open house. Its like five mins long, very general questions, like customer service and if your willing to relocate.
Did they mention anything about future training dates? Because I just got a letter from Air Wis offering me employment but I*ve been put on a preferred list because they dont have a training date set...And I was wondering if they said anything!

91 months ago

Meaghan in Castleton On Hudson, New York said: Hey KD,
I have a question! When did you attend your open house? Our interviews were right at the open house. Its like five mins long, very general questions, like customer service and if your willing to relocate.
Did they mention anything about future training dates? Because I just got a letter from Air Wis offering me employment but I*ve been put on a preferred list because they dont have a training date set...And I was wondering if they said anything!

I have an interview in Binghamton this week. Maybe they are waiting to see how the upcoming open houses go before getting a training class together. What else did they tell you as far as pay rate and relocating? i know they are starting to fly to Raleigh and Laguardia, are they going to staff those locations with new people first?

PhillyGuy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Hello KD, and Meaghan,
I was sent a letter from Air Wis about two weeks ago offering me employment also and like yours Meaghan it did not have a training date. When I was interviewed I asked the interviewer when the next training was and She told me there was no set date but that they were looking at the end of Feb OR Early March. There was a class that I just missed before getting hired and the graduation should be on or around the 15th of this month. Hopefully that will help. Let me know if you hear something different because we might be in the same class.

91 months ago

yo KD,
I know that they have open bases at Laguardia, and Philadelphia and the pay is 17.80pfh. As far as relocation is concerned I was told that on the completion of the Training you could be flying the next day. If you have to relocate I believe they said the they give you a week or 2. Hopefully the info is usefull to you, good luck at the interview.

91 months ago

PhillyGuy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hello KD, and Meaghan,
I was sent a letter from Air Wis about two weeks ago offering me employment also and like yours Meaghan it did not have a training date. When I was interviewed I asked the interviewer when the next training was and She told me there was no set date but that they were looking at the end of Feb OR Early March. There was a class that I just missed before getting hired and the graduation should be on or around the 15th of this month. Hopefully that will help. Let me know if you hear something different because we might be in the same class.

Hello,

any helpful tips for interviewing?

91 months ago

SMILE, SMILE, DRESS TO IMPRESS, and be ready to answer some customer service type questions. Oh yea they have a test basic math, and time. Lastly enjoy yourself and Greet everyone you see. Dress TO IMPRESS

91 months ago

PhillyGuy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: SMILE, SMILE, DRESS TO IMPRESS, and be ready to answer some customer service type questions. Oh yea they have a test basic math, and time. Lastly enjoy yourself and Greet everyone you see. Dress TO IMPRESS

thanks for the advice :)
I'm excited and looking forward to a great interview day!

91 months ago

yea it looks that way, if you read back through the previous entries on this forum you will see that the majority of the people started out asking the same type of questions we are asking....and now there all (most) are at training so The way I see it we're next. Fingers crossed

91 months ago

OKAY UPDATE, JUST RECIEVED A CALL FROM AIR WIS AND MY TRAINING DATE IS FEB.24 SO MEAGHAN YOUR NEXT......KEEP YOUR PHONE CLOSE.

91 months ago

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I GOT THE SAME CALL!!!
Cant wait to meet you!!!!!!

Long Beach Judy in Long Beach, New York

91 months ago

Hey guys went to the LGA open House everthing went great i received my call today I Start training on Feb 24th Im supposed to receive a packet fed ex and were suppose to study I assume well be tested on it !! Cant wait to meet everyone

NaomiO in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Hey Philly Guy,

Congrats on your training date!! I'm sure this is a super exciting time for you! I'm applying with air wisconsin. If I do get an interview what should I expect?

91 months ago

Congrats Judy, see you there!!!!

91 months ago

At LGA this is how it went. Of course you must look professional and be punctual. ITs common sense for me and u but yould be surprised how many people dont dress the part also arrive late and want to be let in while the recuiters are speaking of the company. they speak of the new bases which will be in NC and LGA as well as the current bases PA,DC and VA pay attention to this it will be on an assessment test that they gave us it has basic math and questions about things that were spoken.So Pay attention to everthing they say!!! then they ask everyone to read aloud an annoucement then they ask everyone to take a break and they will post on the door who made the next step the rest of the people where excused Im assuming people were chosen based on there reading aloud skills and who scored 100 on the test they gave also on appearance.Once u see your name on the door u come in fill out an extensive application on backround check and get fingerprinted .I received a call once my backround cleared and finger prints. I hope this helps. If theres anything else yould like to know please ask!

91 months ago

Hi Meaghan and Philly guy wondering if u received ur packets yet ?

91 months ago

not yet Judy but I am not worried it will be here soon. So where does everyone want to be based? I will obviously be out of philly. Oh yea Congrats to everyone the training so be great in Norfolk I will be going a week early so if anyone will be there earlier we can meet up.

KD in Moorestown, New Jersey

91 months ago

I went to the interview yesterday in Binghamton, NY. There were only 3 of us. I'm on the fence about it. Not sure if I can live on just $17-18k a year.

91 months ago

Nope, I haven*t yet. I*m sure its on the way!

91 months ago

PhillyGuy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: not yet Judy but I am not worried it will be here soon. So where does everyone want to be based? I will obviously be out of philly. Oh yea Congrats to everyone the training so be great in Norfolk I will be going a week early so if anyone will be there earlier we can meet up.

I want to be based out of LGA. But I*ll be happy anywhere. I can*t go early, I*ll be working till that Saturday...See you Sunday though!!

91 months ago

I would also would like to be based out of LGA I was told it would open in may. For what i was told It shouldnt be a problem to get new bases are easy to get .The sooner we get through training the more senior we get thats why its good we didnt put off the training till later. I cant go early either ill be traveling a day before class out of LGA.

91 months ago

Really? Thats good to know, thanks. I also heard that we have to study whatever comes in the packet. Do you know anything about that?

91 months ago

Yes absolutely!!! memorize the airport codes its a must and its one of the hardest test thats where people fail and get sent home . Remember we must maintain a 90 average !Also from what i read in this forum,we also must know an annoucement . Im not saying this to scare u the training is hard but not impossible if u study and apply yourself well make it and get through it with flying colors . We just have to know what we are there for no hanging out at night no socializing no exploring Va we have plenty of time for that after training!! Dont get me wrong im not a prude i love to hang and socialize but this is not going to be the time or the place for that .Ive heard stories from other flight attendants that have been through training some people forget there training and get distracted easily thats where they go wrong but Were not!! Right Meaghan and Philly Guy!!

91 months ago

your absolutely right during training my nose will be in the books. however I dont think that the city codes will be all that hard b/c we only fly half of the US no international no west coast so there really should not be to many codes to memorize...as far as Norfolk night life its okay now Va Beach is where you will get your action. My parents are living in Suffolk 5min from norfolk and by lil bro is in college in norfolk so I have been there and done that. but when we ALL graduate we can Party.... Everyone that is for sure going to training on the 24th shoot me an email: Mr.Banks1985@yahoo.com (yes thats my birth year)

Right..KD the mooola is a bit on the low side for the first year but remember this after the first you will hold a line and You will not be on reserve (unlike the major airlines) so the in the words of that little girl:"the sun will come out tomorrow" and you will get yours.

91 months ago

Yep youre absolutely right!Just waiting for the packet would like to start studying we have about two weeks before we go. Im glad its after valentines day i get to celebrate before i go !!!

91 months ago

Hey Guys.
Airport codes are basically common sense anyway, so I think we should be fine. As far as training goes, my best friend is a flight attendant with Air Wis, she said it was a breeze. But that of course won't mean I won't be studying. ..Valentines Day, Judy? hahahha. Glad to see someone enjoys it. I hope we get our packets soon...I*m already overpacking!!!!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.