I am 19, HELP!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 82)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Brandon in Dallas, Texas

103 months ago

I have GREAT background job experience. What airlines will hire a 19 year old?? I live in Dallas but am willing to relocate. Help me PLEASE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

morganbristol in Puyallup, Washington

103 months ago

Horizon Air will. Base locations are in Portland, and Seattle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Lake Mary, Florida

103 months ago

omg!! That would be amazing!!! Please I really could use your help!! My email is baker.bm@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!!
Brandon Baker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eder in Chicago, Illinois

103 months ago

Brandon in Lake Mary, Florida said: omg!! That would be amazing!!! Please I really could use your help!! My email is baker.bm@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!!
Brandon Baker

Just replyed bak to ur email!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

JessicaRanee in Texas

103 months ago

Compass Airlines hires at 18.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri

103 months ago

Eder,I am sorry to be snotty, but I certainly hope I am never flying with you as my FA. Someone who is obviously to lazy or immature to use correct english when posting in a professionl forum is obviously not mature or experienced enough to be working in this kind of career. I am sorry, but I had to read your posts several times before I was even able to understand what you were saying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

103 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Eder,I am sorry to be snotty, but I certainly hope I am never flying with you as my FA. Someone who is obviously to lazy or immature to use correct english when posting in a professionl forum is obviously not mature or experienced enough to be working in this kind of career. I am sorry, but I had to read your posts several times before I was even able to understand what you were saying.

Thanks for posting the comment ill take that into consideration. And hope we get to meet in that stressful training we’re going to go threw.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CB in CLE in Cleveland, Ohio

102 months ago

CommutAir is hiring. We are based in CLE at Hopkins International Airport. We fly as a Continental Connection carrier and serve many midwestern and eastern cities. Check out our website for more info www.commutair.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

CB in CLE in Cleveland, Ohio said: CommutAir is hiring. We are based in CLE at Hopkins International Airport. We fly as a Continental Connection carrier and serve many midwestern and eastern cities. Check out our website for more info www.commutair.com

HEY WHAT KIND OF AIRCRAFTS DO YOUS GUYS FLY??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CB in Cleveland

102 months ago

Eder in Chicago, Illinois said: HEY WHAT KIND OF AIRCRAFTS DO YOUS GUYS FLY??

We fly the Dash 8 Bombardier Q200 High wing Turboprop aircraft if you go to airliner.net and search for Commutair you can see pics of our aircraft

CB in Cleveland

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Don't you also fly B1900s?

our company does fly those however they require no flight attendant and we are currently phasing them out to become an all Dash fleet

CB in Cleveland

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: CB in Cleveland: "Our company does fly those however they require no flight attendant and we are currently phasing them out to become an all Dash fleet."

So, you operate the 1900s under Part 135?

not they are still flying in our part 121 operations its just that when we get a Dash we lose a beech

CB in Cleveland

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: How do you operate your 1900s under 121 w/o fa's? Just stay under nineteen pax or something?

Must be nice to get new equipment.

yeah they are for 19 pax and was used primarily on our EAS service up in the northeast but when we relocated to cleveland they came also and as we got the dash we picked up the beech routes

Sade in Hawthorne, California

102 months ago

hello, I'm having a hard time finding an airline willing to hire me at the age of 19.I feel I would make a great flight attendent Ihave wonderful people skills and I'm a very hard worker. If anyone has any info that would guide me in the right direction as far as employment opp.that would be wonderful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Greensboro, North Carolina

102 months ago

Sade in Hawthorne, California said: hello, I'm having a hard time finding an airline willing to hire me at the age of 19.I feel I would make a great flight attendent Ihave wonderful people skills and I'm a very hard worker. If anyone has any info that would guide me in the right direction as far as employment opp.that would be wonderful.

Skybus may be willing to hire you. They are new. go to skybus.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Noel'

102 months ago

I've enjoyed the information contained in these postings. Especially the communications between DLP in Denver, and CB in Cleveland.
I as well am in the process of getting a resume together in regards to obtaining a position as a Flight Attendant for CommutAir.
My how much more complicated things have become for those of us who are not 19 years of age and would prefer to walk in, fill out an application and get an interview.
An individual meeting or not meeting the requirements would be obvious. Oh well boys, wish me luck.

Noel'

102 months ago

Oh God Bless you DLP:

I have recently relocated to the Cleveland area and was fortunate enough to meet a flight attendant with CommutAir back in December she is the one that judging on my personality and appearance, felt quite sure that CommutAir would definitely employ me. I'm not sure which airlines have hubs in Denver however if I land on one of them it would be my pleasure to meet you. Thanks again for the encouragement!

K in Temple, Texas

102 months ago

Brandon in Dallas, Texas said: I have GREAT background job experience. What airlines will hire a 19 year old?? I live in Dallas but am willing to relocate. Help me PLEASE!!!

American Airlines hubs out of DFW. Check the major airlines to see if they have an age restriction. Southwest hubs out of Love field. I would think you could easily get a job in the Dallas area.

Noel'

102 months ago

Howdy again DLP:

All I have is her name, I made mention of her in a brief phone conversation with a Mr. Dan Dusterberg, he's the Chief Flight Attendant for CommutAir here in Cleveland. His remarks about her were that she was a Model employee.
However I didn't impose on her for her phone number, I was happy to have the CFA's contact information. Although patience is one of my virtues I feel like screaming "Oh for crying out loud, just let me come in and fill out an application". This process would be over with by now and I'd be starting my training! I bet by now you're laughing, HUH?

trainingbound in St. Louis, Missouri

102 months ago

Brandon in Dallas, Texas said: I have GREAT background job experience. What airlines will hire a 19 year old?? I live in Dallas but am willing to relocate. Help me PLEASE!!!

Trans States Airlines based in St. Louis and Richmond, Virginia hires as young as 19. They are currently hiring. Training is paid at the minimum flight attendant salary which is $16.00/hr x 72 hours ($1152 per month).

Noel'

102 months ago

DLP

Hello kind one, there are several airlines currently hiring, my question, is there any particular airline you would recommend?

I understand if you can't show partially.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Hello again DLP, I've responded to your last postings, however they aren't getting through!
So I didn't post my name this time. Here is my e-mail address MacKAngel95@aol.com

Hope to hear from you and thanks again for all the info links.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

My friends computer went down yesterday and therefore I've had to back track. My letter to the CFA for Commut any progress I made on a resume, etc.! Oh well here I go again. Still researching, however in answer to the question, which airlines would I been interested in. If I don't obtain a position with CommutAir or Continental which have hubs here in Cleveland, therefore requiring me to have to relocate again I would be interested in a major airline with a hub in-Memphis,Atlanta,KC MO which are locations near someone I know. By near we're talking within 200 miles!

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

DLP:

Don't be sorry in regards to the "crash pad option" I would be completely fine with that, should that be the turn of events. If I get accepted into a crash pad then obviously I'm passed the process of trying to acquire a FA position. The power of positive thinking!!!
I know there are no domiciles in KC MO, that comment was just wishful thinking. What do you think about MEM?

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Correction: I don't know this for sure, but Trans States may have an MKC (Kansas City domicile).

Alright, I'll check that out. From a previous posting I don't get all jumped-up about Trans States. I'll just have to be diligent and determined(these are professional qualities, correct?).

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: BTW, I meant the "sorry" about aircrew being in a boat. Apologies for the terrible mixed metaphor.

You're too funny!!! I as well would be sorry if I as an aircrew member would end up on a boat, yet there again, beats the heck out of a flotation device, HUH?

102 months ago

Thanks for the links Displaced. I will definitely look over the information. I just finished training with Trans States. The training was brutal and a lot of people do not make it through it. I do have to say that everyone I have talked to that has been there for any length of time (both pilots and flight attendants) have had pretty positive things to say about it. Most of them love it. There are quite a few AA furloughs that are there. They also seem to have nothing but good things to say about it. I thank you again, though, for your input. It is always appreciated!

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Correction: I don't know this for sure, but Trans States may have an MKC (Kansas City domicile).

Trans States hubs are only STL and RIC. Go Jet operates out of ORD.

102 months ago

There have been a few flight attendants recalled and a couple of them went back but a couple of them didn't. They have great seniority at Trans States and did not want to go back on reserve. Trans States actually is a completely separate entity than Go Jet although the ownership is the same. They train in the same place but the training is done with a different set of instructors. I do plan to read the forums you suggested for more info on Trans States. At the moment I am looking forward to becoming a flight attendant for them next week. I plan to give it a year and see how it goes. I am anticipating that I will love it. As always, I appreciate your comments and input!

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Good luck! I understand that pilot initial at TSA is an SOB.

I stand by my comments about my friend's pilot hiring "experience."

I probably will fly to Denver quite a bit. I will be sure to wave <smiling>!

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Training bound in St. Louis, Missouri said: I probably will fly to Denver quite a bit. I will be sure to wave <smiling>!

Congratulations! Happy to hear that you start flying next week.

102 months ago

Thank you Cleveland. I am looking forward to it!

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Please! :-)

Howdy DLP:

Just me, I've been visiting the links you've been so kind to provide for us and you're everywhere! It's amazing just what all an individual can learn out here on airline forums. Possessing CWP isn't a bad thing, is it?

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

DLP:

It's a Concealed Weapon Permit.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

DLP:

Just for personal purposes. It's just a safety precaution. I use to live in a very remote area, when it was necessary for me to be out on the road late at night if I experienced car trouble or anything my weapon was for protection. Believe it or not there are alot of areas where there is no cell phone service.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

DLP:

I'm not concerned about the Airlines knowing I have it, it isn't illegal, quite the opposite. I'm not a criminal, I have great respect for firearms and hope the the airlines will consider it a plus that an employee would be educated in regards to them. Do I need to put this on my resume?

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

DLP:

I wasn't planning on putting that on my resume, I feel that you are extremely knowledgeable and obviously have a great deal of experience with many aspects of the airlines. It's my privilege to have been able to gain so much information from someone that seems to care enough for his fellow human beings to share all that you do with us! After reading a few blatantly rude and crude remarks directed towards you I'm not shocked at those individuals, just repulsed at their ignorance! A million THANKS from someone appreciative .

delta-atlanta in ATLANTA, Georgia

102 months ago

DELTA-if you don't mind sleeping on the floor, making $9hr, working 12 hour days in New York.

delta-atlanta in ATLANTA, Georgia

102 months ago

Being a Flight Attendant is a nice entry level or someone just looking for job, willing to invest a cople of years at the bottom. A woderful opportunity to get your foot in the door with no responsiblities to get into the Company.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Dear Delta-Atlanta:

Thanks! Entry level works for me, sure beats EXIT level! It isn't as if I want to be "Queen" of the airways, just would love to have the opportunity to be of service to all traveling by air, making each individuals flight experience as pleasant and possitive as possible.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

DLP:

Didn't mean to make you (BLUSH), also I don't blow smoke! Brunettes "Don't Blush", therefore, I'll have to conjure up an image of you as anything but Brunette.

Yes, this is the new talk radio forum, unfortunately, there are still those who put their fingers in gear on the keyboard before they bother to engage their brains.

Catering tonight for "Sammy's of Cleveland" they love me and I enjoy helping them out!

See Ya Later BYE!

awaitinginalpharetta in Alpharetta, Georgia

102 months ago

hey 19 there are several airlines hiring FAs now with age requirement at 19 (some even 18). Try Spirit Airlines--hiring in Ft. Lauderdale or Xtra Airways--they are hiring for Myrtle Beach, SC. I know that I saw one more hiring but can't remember off hand who. will write back if i can recall. good luck youngster.

Ladymercury in Brooklyn, New York

102 months ago

DELTA-ATLANTA in ATLANTA, Georgia said: DELTA-if you don't mind sleeping on the floor, making $9hr, working 12 hour days in New York.

Even if Delta is borderline bankruptcy (again) I don't see how the pay should matter. What matters in Flight Attending is the passion, not the pay.

Then again I'm young (only 20), currently in school, and don't have many responsibilities either.

Either way, its the passion for the job not the pay that should matter. If the pay is so terrible, then leave and give a more willing person to have an opportunity in the airlines.

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Ladymercury in Brooklyn, New York: "[I]t's the passion for the job not the pay that should matter."

As you get older, you will find that passion is wonderful but it's the pay that puts food on the table. Moreover, as a flight crew member, you EARN that pay. I'm only talking about being paid fairly. Not necessarily extravagantly.

Oh, I know that flight crew does not get paid as nearly as they used or should. Trust me, I have family tied into the airlines, many of them in Inflight, and they tell me the stories of their pay cuts.

[quote]
Flight attendants, pilots and, for that matter, all airline employees, are woefully underpaid when considering their **grave responsibilities.** A poster on another Indeed forum tried to shill flight attendant as being an easy job. It is not an easy job. FAs work plenty hard and put in plenty of hours for which they are not compensated fully. Find out the per diem, duty rigs, etc. for your airline, compare them to your block-hour pay, and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, I know that. I work for JetBlue as a ramp agent, or Ground Operations as they call it and it is not hard work. For the ten dollars an hour, I am busy loading 70lb bags on to planes, unloading, dumping waste, for 8 and a half hours a day in Florida's wonderful heat.

I do not get paid what I should get paid. I left my manager position at a music store, making more than I make here for this job because it is MY CAREER. And I chose to make three bucks less an hour to work here, doing the dirty work because I want to be something in the Airlines.

Yes, airlines is a job and yes the pay must match what you put in. But considering I am doing one of the hardest positions at an airline I really am greatful for what I have. Those who complain and complain need to stop and realize what they got.

They have the world at their fingertips -- For free.

That is not bad at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: That's not hard work? Ensuring the aircraft is loaded properly and bags travel with their pax isn't responsible? You, too, deserve better pay.

Sorry, I typo'd. I'm currently at work and we had a plane come in while I was typing. I meant to say that it IS hard work. Everyday I come home sore and on top of that I make an hour commute to work a day.

My gas tank is unforgiving.

[quote]You sound happy and that's great. But I stand by my comments, above, that airline aspirants should consider the pros, cons AND pay before committing to an airline job.

Though that is a very true statement. I just find it disheatening that people would always speak of the negatives and never the positives. I see more negative comments than I do positive. Yes, there's osme things at JetBlue that bug the hell out of me but its everywhere at every airline. The industry is recovering from 9/11... its not the same anymore and quite frankly... it'll never be the same.

102 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Here again, as one gets older, works harder, learns more, **gains greater responsibility** and receives less in return, passion takes a subservient role to one's checkbook. In other words, you want to be paid what you're worth. IMHO, buddy passes, ID-90 fares, etc. - if you can ever use them or get on flights - are inadequate offsets for inadequate pay, inadequate health and inadequate (or no) retirement.

Your typos notwithstanding, you still deserve to be paid better.

Long before 911 there was Frank Lorenzo. Ask your inflight family members about Uncle Frank sometime if you don't know about him already.

That is very true about the flying benefits. If you can find time. There is no time during season, but during off season I can take advantage because the airport is so small so we recieve such light flights in.

Either way, the airlines is not what it used to be and it will never be with oil prices up, competition with low cost careers, and the impact of bankruptcy.

To me, you must have the passion. Without the passion then you can't deal with the day to day BS that the job offers.

To me, I love the sky and I love to be among the clouds so even if I do get BS pay, some terrible days at work, and moments that I can't use my benefits its my passion that keeps me going.

I'm sure, five, ten, twelve years from now I'll get tired of it but right nwo.... I don't see that.

Cleveland Area

102 months ago

Howdy DLP:

Just got in from my catering gig! Checked my e-mails and low and behold, there was one from DLP!!! Glad you got a laugh! I enjoy making people laugh, being funny is probably one of my biggest attributes. Have you checked out the forum where Training Bound in St. Louis posted, she's completed training??? That's great, I wish her well and hope that it's even better than she's ever dreamed it would be!!!

Cleveland Area

101 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Cleveland Area: "Entry level works for me, sure beats **EXIT level!**"

(emphasis added)

I love it!!!!!!! ROFLAO!!!!!

Hey There DLP

Just wanted to let you know that "BY GEORGE" I did it!!! I've taken the plunge, by this I mean that I've composed and e-mail a letter, resume and request all in one for a position as a Flight Attendant, with CommutAir. I realize that this is just a start and that chances, more than likely are that I'll be sending numerous other airlines one as well. On the other hand perhaps not! We'll see. Thanks again for all that you contribute to any of our successes. I'll let you know what happens next.

Cleveland Area

101 months ago

Hi!

I had called CommutAir back in Dec., that's when the "SEND A RESUME" sorta set me back.
CO? Is that Continental? There are numerous airlines out there looking for (and needing) excelent candidates (such as MYSELF ha ha!), therefore I'll scatter my eggs into several of their baskets. How ironic that I've even made hand woven baskets, and it just so happens that my egg baskets were awesome! It seems that on a daily basis ther is something on my AOL home page pertaining to the AIRLINES. One has the worst Airline to fly as US Air. What's your take on that and have you read the 10 worst list?

Cleveland Area

101 months ago

DLP

CORRECTION!!! I misinformed you, it's the "WORST 5" you can check them out at www.gadling.com. Sorry about the ooops!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.