express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6051 to 6100 of 9934)
Page:  « First « Previous   119  120  121  122  123  124  125  Next »   Last »

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana

13 months ago

Thankfully, I do have several options in IAH should I get assigned there. I agree that I should probably relocate there while on 24hr reserve. While for me at least relocation is a perk of this job, IAH would be my perfect situation. Would it be safe to say I'll end up on reserve much longer in Houston, though? I was thinking of requesting MCI and DEN as my next choices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SwissMissx3 in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: We are still operating under two separate contracts ; and until they are integrated, ERJ and CRJ FAs will be separate.

No, during training your only taught about erj planes. Don't even bother asking questions about crj cause we were hired on the ERJ side. What's great about erj is we make more than crj side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: There will be 171 FAs reduced from ORD. Much less from the other bases. Many of them will be going by choice, as this will give them a possible chance to hold a line at the new bases. Some of the FAs at each of the new bases will have lines and some will be on reserve, just like all the existing bases, Most likely, anyone coming out of training right now will be on reserve unless there is no one senior to them to switch bases. All or most of the newbies will be on reserve just as I was (and still usually am). I do get a very occasional relief line but 9-10 months a year, I am on reserve. Of course, I do usually get the reserve line that I want with the days off that I prefer.

Projection of reduction is 171 in ORD, 14 in CLE, 8 in EWR and 44 in Houston. AT this point, all flight attendants with a seniority under 877 will not be affected and many of those above 877 will not all be affected depending on how many transfers are put in from current FAs. there are already lots of interest in the new bases (especially DEN).

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

13 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Projection of reduction is 171 in ORD, 14 in CLE, 8 in EWR and 44 in Houston. AT this point, all flight attendants with a seniority under 877 will not be affected and many of those above 877 will not all be affected depending on how many transfers are put in from current FAs. there are already lots of interest in the new bases (especially DEN).

So I take it even though they are hiring FAs on the website they are not if they are reducing???

13 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: So I take it even though they are hiring FAs on the website they are not if they are reducing???

No, they are adding 3 new domiciles with additional crews needed there as follows:

DEN: 80 crews (80 captains, 80 first officers, and 90 flight attendants)
IAD: 70 crews (70 captains, 70 first officers, and 65 flight attendants)
MCI: 80 crews (80 captains, 80 first officers, and 80 flight attendants)

Many of the newest hires could be displaced so keep this in mind when looking for a crash pad. Plus there is always a high turnover. some people think this is a glamorous job with tons of perks and don't realize how hard we work. But if it is the job for you, you will really enjoy it!!

13 months ago

Kelli123 said: They are taking bids for new bases already??? Oh my! That means when the July erj class graduates they might not get a line out of training

They are not taking bids for the new domiciles yet, but will be shortly. Expect lots of movement in the first few months as everyone gets settled in.

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

13 months ago

SwissMissx3 in Chicago, Illinois said: No, during training your only taught about erj planes. Don't even bother asking questions about crj cause we were hired on the ERJ side. What's great about erj is we make more than crj side.

??? I don't understand the dispute -- I stated that ERJ and CRJ operate under two separate certificates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Thankfully, I do have several options in IAH should I get assigned there. I agree that I should probably relocate there while on 24hr reserve. While for me at least relocation is a perk of this job, IAH would be my perfect situation. Would it be safe to say I'll end up on reserve much longer in Houston, though? I was thinking of requesting MCI and DEN as my next choices.

I think those are great choices.

13 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Thankfully, I do have several options in IAH should I get assigned there. I agree that I should probably relocate there while on 24hr reserve. While for me at least relocation is a perk of this job, IAH would be my perfect situation. Would it be safe to say I'll end up on reserve much longer in Houston, though? I was thinking of requesting MCI and DEN as my next choices.

Yes, RSV will be much longer in IAH.

13 months ago

I have a relief line in IAH during the busy months, but since we r losing lines here, I could be back on reserve full time. It depends on how many FAs above me take a base trade to the new domiciles. I hear #1 is going to DEN, so that is one spot I bumped up, Need only 43 more to go!!

13 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: I have a relief line in IAH during the busy months, but since we r losing lines here, I could be back on reserve full time. It depends on how many FAs above me take a base trade to the new domiciles. I hear #1 is going to DEN, so that is one spot I bumped up, Need only 43 more to go!!

Could you explain what the difference is between being on reserve full time, holding a relief line, and holding a regular line?

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

13 months ago

What are the flight benefits for XJT FA, their spouse and family? Are they similar to other airlines i.e. USAIR, AA etc?

& regarding obtaining a line, If you were to get a schedule, are you likely to be able to accomplish 80 hours of flying per month? Or do you do more?

finally..

Are you forever scheduled/reserved to work weekends? Or does the union specifiy one weekend off a month?

13 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Could you explain what the difference is between being on reserve full time, holding a relief line, and holding a regular line?

24 hr RSV - on call 24 hours a day for the days scheduled. 2-hr window to show at airport when called for an assignment. Almost all newbies spend some time on 24-hr RSV.

Call-out RSV - on call 10 hrs a day for the days scheduled: 4:00-14:00, 6:00-16:00, 8:00-18:00, 10:00-20:00. You bid for one of these windows and are phone liable for those hours. 2-hr window to show at airport when called for an assignment.

Relief Line (RL) - Lines assigned to RSVs for FAs on vacation, on medical leave, etc. It's like having a regular hard line but the schedule is generally not set until the latter part of the month. Takes about 8-10 mos in ORD, 12-18 mos in EWR and 2+ years in IAH/CLE to "HOLD" an RL even though you may hold one intermittently at various intervals, particularly during summer, spring break and holiday months.

Hard Line (HL) - Lines assigned to FAs with some semblance of seniority. You'll bid on your schedule based on the days you want off or the places you want to fly to during the first week of the month and will know what your working schedule is for the next month usually by the 15th of the preceding month. Takes about 12-15 mos in ORD, 18-24 mos in EWR and 5-8 years in IAH/CLE to "HOLD" a HL even though you may hold one intermittently at various intervals, particularly during summer, spring break and holiday months.

13 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Projection of reduction is 171 in ORD, 14 in CLE, 8 in EWR and 44 in Houston. AT this point, all flight attendants with a seniority under 877 will not be affected and many of those above 877 will not all be affected depending on how many transfers are put in from current FAs. there are already lots of interest in the new bases (especially DEN).
So I take it even though they are hiring FAs on the website they are not if they are reducing???

I have applied and thinking of applying again I have heard nothing at all
Unless they are done hiring then they need take hiring FAs down

13 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: What are the flight benefits for XJT FA, their spouse and family? Are they similar to other airlines i.e. USAIR, AA etc?

& regarding obtaining a line, If you were to get a schedule, are you likely to be able to accomplish 80 hours of flying per month? Or do you do more?

finally..

Are you forever scheduled/reserved to work weekends? Or does the union specifiy one weekend off a month?

Unlimited flight bennies are active the day you leave training and report to base and apply to you, your immediate family(your spouse/companion & kids under 21) and your parents to anywhere IN THE WORLD United flies. You, as an FA will also have jumpseat privileges on many other carriers. I really don't know a lot about the privileges for those working the American or Delta side of the business.

13 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Projection of reduction is 171 in ORD, 14 in CLE, 8 in EWR and 44 in Houston. AT this point, all flight attendants with a seniority under 877 will not be affected and many of those above 877 will not all be affected depending on how many transfers are put in from current FAs. there are already lots of interest in the new bases (especially DEN).

We are still interviewing and hiring. When was your application submitted, as it could be your application did not fully process. If you DID NOT receive a confirmation e-mail after submitting your application, your app did not process fully and you'll need to go back in and make the respective modifications and RESUBMIT and verify that it was received.

Good luck!

13 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: & regarding obtaining a line, If you were to get a schedule, are you likely to be able to accomplish 80 hours of flying per month? Or do you do more?

finally..

Hard/relief lines are awarded with a minimum of 80 hours and you may work as many or as few hours as you want as long as it's within the mandated guidelines for days/hours off. RSVs have no control over how many hours they work per month though they are also guaranteed a minimum of 80 hours. The EWR RSVs have either broken or come close to breaking guarantee each month since the first of the year -- which I'm sure is a surprise to some who thought they'd just be able to collect guarantee without working lol!

13 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: We are still interviewing and hiring. When was your application submitted, as it could be your application did not fully process. If you DID NOT receive a confirmation e-mail after submitting your application, your app did not process fully and you'll need to go back in and make the respective modifications and RESUBMIT and verify that it was received.

Good luck!

Thanks I uodated it was first submitted 5/ 20 something
Just updated and no confirm of updatedLOL

13 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Projection of reduction is 171 in ORD, 14 in CLE, 8 in EWR and 44 in Houston. AT this point, all flight attendants with a seniority under 877 will not be affected and many of those above 877 will not all be affected depending on how many transfers are put in from current FAs. there are already lots of interest in the new bases (especially DEN).

We are still hiring. they will take it down only when we are done hiring. Sometimes it is down for a month or two and then back up when we need to hold another class so keep an eye on it. Not all applicants get an interview or invite to an open house. Try modifying your résumé and re-apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: What are the flight benefits for XJT FA, their spouse and family? Are they similar to other airlines i.e. USAIR, AA etc?

finally..

I have been working over 80 hours per month in IAH for most of this year. You will get paid for 80 whether you fly that many or not. But going over 80 really helps my paycheck!! Most very new reserves will be working every weekend. You do bid for days off and could get a reserve line with weekends off, but I would think these go to the reserves with some seniority. I prefer to work weekends. As my husband sometimes has to travel for his job, and when he does it is during the week and needs me home to take care of our dogs. So I always choose a reserve line to work weekends. So not all senior FAs want weekends off. Plus for me, days off during the week means I do my food shopping, banking, etc during the week when things are easier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada

13 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: Unlimited flight bennies are active the day you leave training and report to base and apply to you, your immediate family(your spouse/companion & kids under 21) and your parents to anywhere IN THE WORLD United flies. You, as an FA will also have jumpseat privileges on many other carriers. I really don't know a lot about the privileges for those working the American or Delta side of the business.

JS privileges on other carriers? That must be new. When I was there, it was on company or UA mainline only. When I commuted from home, if UA was full, Id use SWA quite a bit and just take the train from MDW to ORD. They always accommodated any crew member. They really screwed the FAs on JS privileges. You weren't even allowed to use the aft JS on the ERJ. Did that union finally rectify that problem? The union was terrible when I was there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Yes, we can JS on many carriers and use our aft JS

13 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: ??? I don't understand the dispute -- I stated that ERJ and CRJ operate under two separate certificates.

Oops, no dispute just replied to the wrong comment. :D

13 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: We are still hiring. they will take it down only when we are done hiring. Sometimes it is down for a month or two and then back up when we need to hold another class so keep an eye on it. Not all applicants get an interview or invite to an open house. Try modifying your résumé and re-apply.

Thanks I did last night :)

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

13 months ago

Stinkidog in Toledo, Ohio said: I very much wish there was a way to delete previous posts but since there is not, I would like to retract my comment above regarding someones decision to leave training. I do not applaud it and personally think it might have been a bad decision, but it's not my life. For me, after being fingerprinted and drug tested, I'm hoping to hear soon if I am invited to training June 3rd. No, regionals might not be for everyone but as I said before, as an older candidate why would you want to go mainline when you know almost certainly you will be on reserve for 5-10 years. Just for the status? The opportunity to see 'desirable' locales in your layovers? I am certain you will not consider CLE, CVG and DTW, to name a few, desirable. Don't be fooled into thinking just because you are mainline you will go to all sorts of glamorous destinations. But to each his own. I made sure to do my research and if invited to training, I'll be there.

Sometimes all the research still isn't enough to decide if it is or isn't right for you. Living it is the only real way.

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina

13 months ago

How is training going??

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

13 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: How is training going??

It's pretty overwhelming with all the information being thrown at us.

13 months ago

I think checking my email for the invite to training has become almost neurotic at this point! Please tell me I'm not the only one lol

13 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: I think checking my email for the invite to training has become almost neurotic at this point! Please tell me I'm not the only one lol

LOL I would, and still am for just getting interview or OH lololol
It is natural when you want something so bad LOL We are just what is termed obseessed lol

13 months ago

I wish u luck?! Just remember it won't last forever!!!

13 months ago

Just think u only have three more weeks to go!!!

cnt274 in Warner Robins, Georgia

13 months ago

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan said: It's pretty overwhelming with all the information being thrown at us.

Hang in there! Training flies by so fast graduation day will come before you know it! :) Good Luck

13 months ago

I got a couple of more questions....I hope you dont mind....

Lets just say I make it to XJT training....Are they going to coach us on how to secure flights to and from your location should one need to commute occasionally? Or is this a trick that you have to be taught by the older Pilots or FA's in the crew room one day when they have nothing to do?

oh and, how about bidding....is this taught in FA school?

&....lets assume im located in Dulles....Am I able to bid for trips out of Denver?

thanking you guys in advance....:)

13 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: I got a couple of more questions....I hope you dont mind....

Lets just say I make it to XJT training....Are they going to coach us on how to secure flights to and from your location should one need to commute occasionally? Or is this a trick that you have to be taught by the older Pilots or FA's in the crew room one day when they have nothing to do?

oh and, how about bidding....is this taught in FA school?

&....lets assume im located in Dulles....Am I able to bid for trips out of Denver?

thanking you guys in advance....:)

No @ coaching on securing flights for commute -- trust me, this will be the first thing you'll figure out. FAs will be more than willing to assist you with any questions you may have, you just have to ask.

@ bidding, there will be a section on this in training.

texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia

13 months ago

hey stinkdog have you gone to training or when are you planning to go. I have tons of questions about training.

13 months ago

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan said: It's pretty overwhelming with all the information being thrown at us.

Loved every minute of training!If Ryan is your instructor can you tell him " Swiss song bird says Hi!! Good luck and study hard! See ya on the line in no time.

13 months ago

I just received my invite to training!!! I am absolutely beside myself with excitement! I'll be heading out to IAH to start the on July 8th. So all you flight attendants out there - spill! Any particulars I should no before I get out there? How do y

13 months ago

Sorry - pressed send too quickly!

How did you guys plan for something that's still so up in the air (not knowing where you'll be domiciled, etc)? Would you recommend staying in the hotel even if you have the option to stay with family?

13 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Sorry - pressed send too quickly!

How did you guys plan for something that's still so up in the air (not knowing where you'll be domiciled, etc)? Would you recommend staying in the hotel even if you have the option to stay with family?

Lets organise a group for the July 8 training?

13 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: Lets organise a group for the July 8 training?

I think that's a great idea! Will you be there, too?

Kelli123

13 months ago

Which open house did you go to? I was in Chicago for the O H

13 months ago

Kelli123 said: Which open house did you go to? I was in Chicago for the O H

I was in Houston on June 4th.

Kelli123

13 months ago

Which open house did you go to? I went to the last open house in Chicago, and they stated if we make it we would be going to the July open house. Which open house did you go to and how long after the background did they email u

13 months ago

Kelli123 said: Which open house did you go to? I went to the last open house in Chicago, and they stated if we make it we would be going to the July open house. Which open house did you go to and how long after the background did they email u

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I went to to open house at the Training Center in Houston on June 4th. I completed my drug screening, fingerprinting, and the information package immediately after my one-on-one interview. I received the invite today - so less than a week passed before I heard. They told us it would take 7-10 business days but sometimes all the info comes back sooner.

Kelli123

13 months ago

Ok!! I went to the OH in Chicago the day before u!!! Just getting anxious.

13 months ago

Hon, I completely understand! But the good news is you know they've started to contact people. From what I've read on this board, completely the background check is them basically saying, "We want you, we just need you're not a felon or crack addict first!"

Kelli123

13 months ago

Lol!! Tganks

13 months ago

I have gone to my profile I have recored right password says no such thing and when I try do a new profile it says there is a duplicate LOL

I think I am screwed.
My email is right as just to make sure I sent a I forget pass word, same pass word

Kelli123

13 months ago

When do u get ur first check after training??

13 months ago

Careers

Your profile has been updated. To be considered for a specific position, please return to the job board and apply for a position.
Does this mean when I appilied for FA I was just not selected? Is this why it says to be considered please return to job board and apply??

Page:  « First « Previous   119  120  121  122  123  124  125  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.