express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6101 to 6150 of 10542)
Page:  « First « Previous   120  121  122  123  124  125  126  Next »   Last »

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: When do u get ur first check after training??

It depends on when you get out of training. Payday are the 15th and last day of the month. You may receive a prorated check if you get out in between pay periods.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Hon, I completely understand! But the good news is you know they've started to contact people. From what I've read on this board, completely the background check is them basically saying, "We want you, we just need you're not a felon or crack addict first!"

They actually do a 10-year FBI background check. If you have anything derogatory in your 10-year history, i.e., DUIs, etc., they will find it.

Kelli123

32 months ago

No worries tgere

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

32 months ago

Ok it says resume received, I thought it did before but I guess not LOL.
Thanks for help. Some of these sites,sorta complicated hahah
I appreciate the aide
thanks

32 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Sorry - pressed send too quickly!

How did you guys plan for something that's still so up in the air (not knowing where you'll be domiciled, etc)? Would you recommend staying in the hotel even if you have the option to stay with family?

No, I believe the expectation is that you stay at the hotel to ensure you get to training on time. The shuttle is scheduled to get you to the training center ON TIME -- tardiness can be grounds for being sent home. FWIW, traffic in IAH is too unpredictable to risk trying to commute to the training center -- especially with that traffic coming off BW8, the North Freeway and 59N. Training time is rush hour traffic time -- and, it's mind boggling! Ask anyone who has a show at the airport for a trip during this time.

They want to see how well you REALLY get along with people and you will be spending a lot of time studying, it's not difficult but training is intense; however, we have some of the BEST trainers in the industry!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

32 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: I think that's a great idea! Will you be there, too?

I hope so....

;)

32 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Sorry - pressed send too quickly!

How did you guys plan for something that's still so up in the air (not knowing where you'll be domiciled, etc)? Would you recommend staying in the hotel even if you have the option to stay with family?

Just don't over pack or you'll be hauling bags around for days.

32 months ago

texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia said: hey stinkdog have you gone to training or when are you planning to go. I have tons of questions about training.

I believe she started training last week.

Kelli123

32 months ago

What is the attire like for trainibg

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: What is the attire like for trainibg

That's what I want to know. I was thinking office style of clothing? But maybe some casual gear too.

But then I remembered, I haven't even been hired yet.

Ill propbably be checking my email constantly today in anticipation.

Texas girl in Louisa, Virginia

32 months ago

Has anyone hears back from the June 5th interviews in nj?

32 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: I believe she started training last week.

Thank you.. Was just wondering how she is doing and what to expect if I get me training letter. Do you know if we have to know all airport codes or just certain ones?

32 months ago

SwissMissx3 in Chicago, Illinois said: Loved every minute of training!If Ryan is your instructor can you tell him " Swiss song bird says Hi!! Good luck and study hard! See ya on the line in no time.

Since you just got out of training.... Can you give us some insight what we should expect... What airport codes other stuff...please.

32 months ago

catyiah in Dallas, Texas said: I don't believe thy pay for anyone flights or anything. The hotel shuttle was nice enough to drop me off at the head quarters. Be prepared to cab it to drug testing. It's all very close. I stayed at the Drury Inn right across the street. Nice hotel with free dinner and breakfast.

Catfish sine you have been to raining what should we except

32 months ago

Sry about the message above... Keypad is sticking. .. Catyiah I was asking what to expect in training?

SwissMissx3 in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

Texas girl in Louisa, Virginia said: Since you just got out of training.... Can you give us some insight what we should expect... What airport codes other stuff...please.

Go over the ap codes but don't stress over it. I would study all of the information giving in the training packet. Such as aviation terms etc. As they'll come handy when learning about the ac and on exams. Just make sure you get a lot of sleep during training. A lot of the times you'll be in a classroom sitting on your behind for 8-9 hours a day. Just expect to wake up early everyday and be ready to learn. A lot of information will be given to you that you will have to retain. Make friends as they'll be your support system when times get tough in and out of training.
Honestly, the first day they'll give you all the information about the company and what they expect from you during training. Make the best of it, a month there will truly feel like two weeks! It's truly a wonderful job and company to work for!
Best of luck to you all!

32 months ago

Thank you so much.. All airport codes?

32 months ago

Someone had told me that if you miss more than three you fail your test. Is that true. Where would I find the aviation stuff

32 months ago

Texas girl in Louisa, Virginia said: Someone had told me that if you miss more than three you fail your test. Is that true. Where would I find the aviation stuff

If you get below a 90% you get a retake. But if you fail the retake you'll be sent home. But yes your allowed two failed exam. But you can't retake the final. I can't tell you which ap code to study for as quizzes vary, I studied all them. If you got hired they should send you a training packet a week or two before training. Study the whole thing.

Kelli123

32 months ago

Do u have a line yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Just be prepared, training is very intensive. The more prepared you are the better you'll feel. Just don't stress over it. It's easier then you think, but then again everyone feels different about the whole experience. Some had a harder times than others.

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: Do u have a line yet

No going to training soon

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: Do u have a line yet

No, I have been with the company for a month. Probably won't get one for a while. 1 1/2 to 2 years,maybe. It also depends where your based. Houston is very seniority base, some are still on reserve after 4 yrs. But with the new bases opening up, it could change.

32 months ago

Have u gone through ur training already

32 months ago

I work for the erj side. I don't know much about crj.

32 months ago

Texas girl in Louisa, Virginia said: Have u gone through ur training already

Who are you responding to?

Kelli123

32 months ago

Where are you based

Kelli123

32 months ago

No! Just the int process

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: Where are you based

Chicago. It's a junior base and so is Newark. But Cleveland and Houston are more seniority. But that doesn't mean that I'll hold a line anytime soon. As in this industry it's all about seniority. You got to pay your dues. Reserve is really not that bad. Today is my day off but yesterday I was on 24 hr reserve. They didn't even call me in. If I go out while on reserve I just make sure to bring my suitcase everywhere I go. This job is truly awesome! Had a layover in Ottawa Canada the other day and had a blast!

Kelli123

32 months ago

Cool!! With the brand new bases what will be the typical reserve time.

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: Cool!! With the brand new bases what will be the typical reserve time.

No one really knows as we just had to place our bids for the new bases. I've heard Denver be more seniority and Mci will be junior. We are expecting a lot of people who have been commuting to move to the new bases. You can't predict the time on reserve cause you never know how many senior mamas and daddies are moving to the new bases and also fas leaving by choice or getting fired.. Just hope your not the last class they train. Which I don't think you'll be cause there's always a demand for fas.

Kelli123

32 months ago

Ok!! Thanks!!

32 months ago

I'm sry I was replying to another post I apologize

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: Lol!! Tganks

Hey Kelli have you gone to training yet?

Kelli123

32 months ago

No! Waiting for my training letter. Just did Chicago open house

32 months ago

Kelli123 said: No! Waiting for my training letter. Just did Chicago open house

Well good luck girl. What date did you have your interview?

Kelli123

32 months ago

June 3

32 months ago

Well good luck what I heard they went to Chicago, Houston, Newark.

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana

32 months ago

For those of you have attended training already or are currently, when did you receive your information packet? Was it with you invite email? The email I received shows a little paperclip icon as if there should be something there but it's not giving me the option to open/download. I'm concerned that's supposed to be it. Does anyone know who I can contact about the training packet? Thanks!

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: I got a couple of more questions....I hope you dont mind....

Lets just say I make it to XJT training....Are they going to coach us on how to secure flights to and from your location should one need to commute occasionally? Or is this a trick that you have to be taught by the older Pilots or FA's in the crew room one day when they have nothing to do?

Commuting is like playing a game. I consider myself a pro at it now. I still commute as an FO. When I was an FA at XJT, I was fortunate to live in a city that had quite a few options as far as UA flights to ORD. Southwest Airlines was my back up plan if the UA flights were full. They have an open flight crew agreement. I was ORD based so if I took SWA I would have to take the train from MDW to ORD which was over an hour long but I still made it. When I was there we could only travel on UA. I believe now you have a decent jumpseat agreement with other carriers. As an FO now, my current employer has a CASS agreement with multiple carriers so its never a problem getting on a flight. I always leave one day early and stay the night at a hotel close to the airport with a 24/7 shuttle. I did the same when I was an FA. The hotel bar staff knows my name and what I drink =)

XJT does not encourage commuting while on reserve and they will tell you that on day one of training. However, people do it anyway and most dont have issues if they know what they are doing.

My advice to those who commute is to know your options and plan ahead. Never assume or you will lose the game. That goes for commuting on a duty day. Dont do it, ever. Even if the loads look good and your first trip isn't until 1600. Anything can and will happen. Weather being a primary problem, followed by maintenance issues

Sky Blue Rose

32 months ago

Several pages back someone said that Express Jet does not have buddy passes and I wanted to know if that is still the case. I have a daughter living at home that is 21 years old and also a married daughter that has a son. Since they don't qualify for family flight benefits, I was hoping to have some buddy passes or something similar for them. Also, if your parents are deceased, do in-laws qualify for family?

Thanks!

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina

32 months ago

They have buddy passes but not sure bout in law thung

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

XJT and lovin it in San Luis Potosí, Mexico

32 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: They have buddy passes but not sure bout in law thung

here are NO buddy passes.

ExpressJet employees, spouse/domestic partner and/or eligible dependent children will be allotted unlimited travel on domestic and international flights.. Employees, spouse/domestic partner and dependent children are not charged yield fares for travel.
United classifies dependent children as unmarried children or stepchildren that are claimed as dependents by the employee, living with the employee, and who are under the age of 22. Dependent children who are enrolled as full-time students or actively serving in the military are eligible through age 26. Proper documentation is required. A same-sex or opposite-sex domestic partner may be selected in lieu of a spouse and travel at the
same priority as a spouse. Documentation of domestic partnership required.
PARENTS OF EMPLOYEES
A total of two parents are eligible for United pass travel. Parents are allotted unlimited domestic and international travel on flights operated by United and other United Express carriers. Parents are not charged yield fares for travel.
Parents include the employee’s biological father and mother, stepparents who are married to one of the employee’s biological parents, and adoptive parents who legally adopted the employee prior to the employee’s 18th birthday. In-laws are not eligible.
ENROLLED FRIEND PROGRAM
Each calendar year, employees may register to elect an Enrolled Friend(s). Unmarried employees may register up to two Enrolled Friends (in lieu of a spouse/domestic partner). Employees with a registered spouse/ domestic partner may register one Enrolled Friend in addition to their spouse/domestic partner. Employees who do not wish to include their spouse/domestic partner on their flight privileges may choose up to two Enrolled Friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky Blue Rose in Saint Paul, Minnesota

32 months ago

XJT and lovin it in San Luis Potosí, Mexico said: here are NO buddy passes.

ExpressJet employees, spouse/domestic partner and/or eligible dependent children will be allotted unlimited travel on domestic and international flights.. Employees, spouse/domestic partner and dependent children are not charged yield fares for travel.
United classifies dependent children as unmarried children or stepchildren that are claimed as dependents by the employee, living with the employee, and who are under the age of 22. Dependent children who are enrolled as full-time students or actively serving in the military are eligible through age 26. Proper documentation is required. A same-sex or opposite-sex domestic partner may be selected in lieu of a spouse and travel at the
same priority as a spouse. Documentation of domestic partnership required.
PARENTS OF EMPLOYEES
A total of two parents are eligible for United pass travel. Parents are allotted unlimited domestic and international travel on flights operated by United and other United Express carriers. Parents are not charged yield fares for travel.
Parents include the employee’s biological father and mother, stepparents who are married to one of the employee’s biological parents, and adoptive parents who legally adopted the employee prior to the employee’s 18th birthday. In-laws are not eligible.
ENROLLED FRIEND PROGRAM
Each calendar year, employees may register to elect an Enrolled Friend(s). Unmarried employees may register up to two Enrolled Friends (in lieu of a spouse/domestic partner). Employees with a registered spouse/ domestic partner may register one Enrolled Friend in addition to their spouse/domestic partner. Employees who do not wish to include their spouse/domestic partner on their flight privileges may choose up to two Enrolled Friends.

Super helpful, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

So are the friend benefits space avail or do u pay taxes like BP

XJT and lovin it in San Luis Potosí, Mexico

32 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: So are the friend benefits space avail or do u pay taxes like BP

Benefits are space available. You do pay taxes on international flights as those are included in the fare for revenue passengers but domestic is free. We get seats based on our boarding priority which is below UAL on all UAL flights but we are 1st priority on our own metal. I was based in ORD my first 2 months. I made it home 7 out of 8 weeks on my days off.
Sometimes when I visit my family in NJ, I don't always get on my first choice but usually make it onto my 2nd or 3 rd choice. There r tons of flights from IAH to EWR so I know I will get there unless there is severe weather.

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia

32 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: They have buddy passes but not sure bout in law thung

Have you heard anything

32 months ago

No still waiting!! U got your letter. Right?

32 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: No still waiting!! U got your letter. Right?

No..I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting to climb aboard.

32 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: No still waiting!! U got your letter. Right?

Where was your OH?

Page:  « First « Previous   120  121  122  123  124  125  126  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.