express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6151 to 6200 of 10246)
Page:  « First « Previous   121  122  123  124  125  126  127  Next »   Last »

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia

19 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: No still waiting!! U got your letter. Right?

Where was your OH?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

19 months ago

LOL I am waiting to get interview or open house I am waiting for my boarding process to even begin LOLS

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina

19 months ago

Which open were u at

19 months ago

Chi

19 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Which open were u at

Newark 6/5

19 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Chi

You bidding on a Chicago base

19 months ago

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio said: LOL I am waiting to get interview or open house I am waiting for my boarding process to even begin LOLS

Good luck girl. It was a very relaxed process. The crew is great, they make you feel so comfortable.

19 months ago

No!! Whatever base is most junior after training

19 months ago

Kelli123 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: No!! Whatever base is most junior after training

I hear newark

Sapphire21 in Lorain, Ohio

19 months ago

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia said: Good luck girl. It was a very relaxed process. The crew is great, they make you feel so comfortable.

Thanks,to bad one cannot see the status of ones app, I wonder where my app and resume is in process. I guess more patience LOL

All these talks on training on this site excites me LOL
I hope to meet many of who have been posting to. You all sound wonderful.

19 months ago

XJT and lovin it in San Luis Potosí, Mexico said: Benefits are space available. You do pay taxes on international flights as those are included in the fare for revenue passengers but domestic is free. We get seats based on our boarding priority which is below UAL on all UAL flights but we are 1st priority on our own metal. I was based in ORD my first 2 months. I made it home 7 out of 8 weeks on my days off.
Sometimes when I visit my family in NJ, I don't always get on my first choice but usually make it onto my 2nd or 3 rd choice. There r tons of flights from IAH to EWR so I know I will get there unless there is severe weather.

I have a weird question with being on the ERJ alone is the safety announcement done by DVD and the fa demonstrates. Or they do both.

19 months ago

Jtent32@gmail.com email me Louisa

19 months ago

Didn't go threw

19 months ago

38 not 32

Kelli123

19 months ago

When does health insurance start

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Kelli123 said: When does health insurance start

6 months after hire date

Kelli123

19 months ago

Six months before Insurance? Oh my!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

19 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: 6 months after hire date

Why do they make you wait for 6 mths? And is your hire date the first day of training or your graduation day?

Kelly

19 months ago

When is the next crj open house?

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

19 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: Why do they make you wait for 6 mths? And is your hire date the first day of training or your graduation day?

You are eligible for insurance benefits at 90 days from the date of hire, or the 1st day of the month after your 90th day -- whichever is later. Your first day of training is included in the calculation -- if you start training June 5, 2013, you would be eligible for insurance October 1, 2013 -- because the 3-month mark (September 5, 2013) would be in the middle of the month.

19 months ago

Kelli123 said: Six months before Insurance? Oh my!

You are eligible for insurance benefits at 90 days from the date of hire, or the 1st day of the month after your 90th day -- whichever is later. Your first day of training is included in the calculation -- if you start training June 5, 2013, you would be eligible for insurance October 1, 2013 -- because the 3-month mark (September 5, 2013) would be in the middle of the month.

19 months ago

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia said: Newark 6/5

At the present time, ORD is the most junior base -- that may change in the future.

19 months ago

Thanks that good to know. How long have you been with express jet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Ive been reading through the pages and picking up some wonderful information....am I right to assume that if you change your base after say a year or two that you end up back down on the bottom of the seniority list again when you start up at your new base?

19 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: Ive been reading through the pages and picking up some wonderful information....am I right to assume that if you change your base after say a year or two that you end up back down on the bottom of the seniority list again when you start up at your new base?

No, if you were hired before a newer FA at that base, you are above them on the seniority list for that base

19 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: You are eligible for insurance benefits at 90 days from the date of hire, or the 1st day of the month after your 90th day -- whichever is later. Your first day of training is included in the calculation -- if you start training June 5, 2013, you would be eligible for insurance October 1, 2013 -- because the 3-month mark (September 5, 2013) would be in the middle of the month.

Thanks livetofly, I thought I waited 6 months but it may have been 3!!

evajackson55@gmail.com in Bremen, Georgia

19 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Thanks livetofly, I thought I waited 6 months but it may have been 3!!

The ERJ must be different, on the CRJ side our benefits start after 30 days of employment. I started on June 3, my benefits start on July 3.

Kelly

19 months ago

Do u know when they will have another crj open house

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada

19 months ago

evajackson55@gmail.com in Bremen, Georgia said: The ERJ must be different, on the CRJ side our benefits start after 30 days of employment. I started on June 3, my benefits start on July 3.

Wait, what? I know the CRJ side at XJT was ASA but 30 days seems low for a regional. They have one union now too. I wonder how that went over? Was that from the start of training or your first day on the line? Most airline benefits usually kick in once your off your 90 day probationary period.

Kelly

19 months ago

What's the name of the hotel in training,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PitotDude in Henderson, Nevada

19 months ago

Kelly said: What's the name of the hotel in training,

Thats slightly confidential. They don't like people naming overnight hotel locations and training hotels. Lets just say, if its in IAH, its not a bad hotel and there is a restaurant which you will be sick off sometime during the second week of training, but hey, its free and the food isn't bad. I recommend the Cajun Chicken pasta.It also has a pool and a bar in the restaurant. You get a roommate.

Kelly

19 months ago

Workout room?

evajackson55@gmail.com in Decatur, Georgia

19 months ago

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Wait, what? I know the CRJ side at XJT was ASA but 30 days seems low for a regional. They have one union now too. I wonder how that went over? Was that from the start of training or your first day on the line? Most airline benefits usually kick in once your off your 90 day probationary period.

No its 30 days, my benefits will start July 3rd...my probationery period ends in November

19 months ago

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia said: I have a weird question with being on the ERJ alone is the safety announcement done by DVD and the fa demonstrates. Or they do both.

The FA does the safety demo with the CD; however, if the recorder is not working or the CD is lost, the FA will have to do both.

19 months ago

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful!

Kelly

19 months ago

Isn't there some trick to fixing it?

19 months ago

Kelly said: Isn't there some trick to fixing it?

Oh Kelly...did you see that youtube video where the solo FA does her own safety feature...

Kelly

19 months ago

Lol!!! No I actually read it on here.

19 months ago

I read in one of the blogs a FA said if it doesn't work the first time then hit pause a couple of time and then hit play.

19 months ago

I actually like the idea of doing the presentation solo while talking and demonstrating the safety features......sounds like fun....more personable, your more in control of the situation too... and you can reach out and be more in your passengers face, make them take note.......I think it can help stop them from being rude towards you....it may have a positive effect

19 months ago

Have you had to do it without the CD yet?

Kelly

19 months ago

Are codes to study in the training packet?

19 months ago

PitotDude in Henderson, Nevada said: Thats slightly confidential. They don't like people naming overnight hotel locations and training hotels. Lets just say, if its in IAH, its not a bad hotel and there is a restaurant which you will be sick off sometime during the second week of training, but hey, its free and the food isn't bad. I recommend the Cajun Chicken pasta.It also has a pool and a bar in the restaurant. You get a roommate.

I'm not sure XJet provides the meal vouchers any longer at the hotel, but as stated, the food does get old after a week or so.

19 months ago

Kelly said: Isn't there some trick to fixing it?

Yes, hit the pause button twice, and it should play. If not, you'll have to read it...

19 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: I actually like the idea of doing the presentation solo while talking and demonstrating the safety features......sounds like fun....more personable, your more in control of the situation too... and you can reach out and be more in your passengers face, make them take note.......I think it can help stop them from being rude towards you....it may have a positive effect

No, this is NOT a good idea unless you learn the demo verbatim. I don't know of many FAs who prefer to read, lay cards down, demo, read, lay cards down, demo... Many times you will be taxiing down the runway while doing the demo and being in your jumpseat for your silent review at wheels up is more important than reaching out for them to take note -- lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia said: Have you had to do it without the CD yet?

Yes, and though I've heard the CD hundreds of times and can recite the verbiage along with the CD, it's a different ballgame when you're caught off-guard with a non-working CD and the passengers are looking down your throat, and you can't remember a darn thing! I carry two CDs AND I check to make sure the CD is working a couple of times during preflight -- just in case MX needs to be called.

19 months ago

Kelly said: Are codes to study in the training packet?

Yes

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana

19 months ago

Y'all have been such a huge help! I received my training packet and have begun studying and preparing. I have some rather trivial questions about the appearance policy. I realized that I don't have a single pair of shows that fits the requirements! Regarding the heel style - it says "block". Are they really strict about that, or do they just mean no stiletto style (skinny heels)? Regarding hair color - it states the no regrowth can be visible at any time. How about ombré style (that's the popular col

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana

19 months ago

Ugh I did it again... Sorry

... Would they be ok with the popular ombré style of coloring (where the roots are darker and fade into natural highlights)? Finally, what about hosiery? Do I need to wear pantyhose or stockings every time I wear a skirt?

Thanks for humoring me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Y'all have been such a huge help! I received my training packet and have begun studying and preparing. I have some rather trivial questions about the appearance policy. I realized that I don't have a single pair of shows that fits the requirements! Regarding the heel style - it says "block". Are they really strict about that, or do they just mean no stiletto style (skinny heels)? Regarding hair color - it states the no regrowth can be visible at any time. How about ombré style (that's the popular col

With regard to training, yes they are kinda strict about the shoes ... most of us wore flats for training --- once you get on the line, you WILL see all kinds of shoes -- lol! Don't worry about your hair, as long as it's not purple or green.

Page:  « First « Previous   121  122  123  124  125  126  127  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.