express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6201 to 6250 of 10679)
Page:  « First « Previous   122  123  124  125  126  127  128  Next »   Last »

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

39 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Ugh I did it again... Sorry

... Would they be ok with the popular ombré style of coloring (where the roots are darker and fade into natural highlights)? Finally, what about hosiery? Do I need to wear pantyhose or stockings every time I wear a skirt?

Thanks for humoring me!

Question #1 - yes
Question #2 - yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark

39 months ago

Does the training packet come in the mail

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana

39 months ago

Mark said: Does the training packet come in the mail

I received it via email after I confirmed that I would be attending training.

39 months ago

Mark said: Does the training packet come in the mail

It is sent via e-mail.

39 months ago

Looks like I need to do some shopping!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark

39 months ago

Ok!! Thanks! I confirmed on fri. How long will it take to come via emaul

Mark

39 months ago

If training starts July 8th when will we get our first check

PitotDude in Henderson, Nevada

39 months ago

Mark said: If training starts July 8th when will we get our first check

The 1st and 15th of the month. You likely wont see the first one until September.

39 months ago

Mark said: If training starts July 8th when will we get our first check

Our paydays are the 15th and last day of the month. If you start training on July 8th, you should be on the line by the first couple of days of August.. If that's the case, you should get a very small prorated check on 8/15 and a regular check short check on 8/31. After August, the 15th check will be the larger of your two checks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

39 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: Our paydays are the 15th and last day of the month. If you start training on July 8th, you should be on the line by the first couple of days of August.. If that's the case, you should get a very small prorated check on 8/15 and a regular check short check on 8/31. After August, the 15th check will be the larger of your two checks.

YEEEHAH....

Im not really sure of the uniform nor its color?? So...With regards to stockings, I have spare sets of black, tan, fawn, dark blue, grey....I got them all....

which color should I bring? (ide prefer to bring the darker tones...covers up the imperfections better I think)

Texasgirl in Louisa, Virginia

39 months ago

Jackie fly by night are you in July 8th training too?

uaxfa in Phoenix, Arizona

38 months ago

Let clear something up you will not receive anything while in training for the whole duration. I have a friend that is in traning now that started on the 6/2 and she gets nothing. Her first check will be the on the last day of this month. You have to finish your ioe to be on payroll she has explained to me that the uniform is a dark navy which is very close to delta. Baby blue shirts, a belt, and some neckties for guys and scarf for women. The shirts are give to you by united. I would stick with a natural hosery or navy blue to accent the uniform.

They are trying to get me in the july class as well if not then I guess it is aug. Hope that helps and that is inform,ation from my friend that is in training hope that helps all of you.

38 months ago

I have sighted their uniforms & they look like the ones worn by the staff during your interview/open day.... White shirt navy pants/blazer belt and theres a scarf....

Does anyone know if XJT have a graduation ceremony where family are invited to attend? I know other airlines do, and they allow them[spouse/parents/bio kids] to fly to these graduations non-rev....wondering if XJT have the same?

XJT and lovin it in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey

38 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: I have sighted their uniforms & they look like the ones worn by the staff during your interview/open day.... White shirt navy pants/blazer belt and theres a scarf....

Does anyone know if XJT have a graduation ceremony where family are invited to attend? I know other airlines do, and they allow them[spouse/parents/bio kids] to fly to these graduations non-rev....wondering if XJT have the same?

No one can be invited to the graduation. It is a very short ceremony and you will be heading to your base shortly afterwards. You can have your own private celebration when you have days off. Your family will not be non-revving til after you start work and add them to your pass rider list.

Texas girl in Saint Cloud, Florida

38 months ago

Good question I'd like to know too.

Mark

38 months ago

When do u start tea

Mark

38 months ago

Training

evajackson55@*****.*** in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

Good luck to everyone going to training...we are in our final week. STUDY HARD AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. Good luck to everyone...

38 months ago

evajackson55@gmail.com in Atlanta, Georgia said: Good luck to everyone going to training...we are in our final week. STUDY HARD AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. Good luck to everyone...

Thank You. Just wondering, when you say your final week, does this mean your doing flight training/IOE? Or is that next week?

Would love to know where you are heading to for that week...Good Luck to you...hope you breeze through and have fun

Mark

38 months ago

Can u buy travel pro luggage at training?

evajackson55@*****.*** in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: Thank You. Just wondering, when you say your final week, does this mean your doing flight training/IOE? Or is that next week?

Would love to know where you are heading to for that week...Good Luck to you...hope you breeze through and have fun

Final week of class..IOE are next week..

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada

38 months ago

Mark said: Can u buy travel pro luggage at training?

When I was at XJT (ERJ) we were issued Travel Pro luggage. It was deducted from our payroll.

Mark

38 months ago

Any new news about bases

Texas girl in Mulberry, Florida

38 months ago

Where base do you want to go to?

Mark

38 months ago

Which ever one I can get a line the quiclest

38 months ago

Mark said: Which ever one I can get a line the quiclest

I'm with you Mark!!!

Mark

38 months ago

Pilot dude can u tell me the payscale for the erj side. Also are there any pay raises in the near future?

38 months ago

Mark said: Pilot dude can u tell me the payscale for the erj side. Also are there any pay raises in the near future?

Contract is currently under negotiation; don't know if pay raises are forthcoming. I believe this information has been posted on previous pages; but here's YR1-YR10. Hourly wages are based on 80 hr guarantee and $1.80/hr/ per diem (TAFB):

YR1 19.00 YR2 21.37 YR3 23.10 YR4 24.43 YR5 25.69 YR6 27.32 YR7 28.69 YR8 30.65 YR9 31.57 YR10 33.05

38 months ago

What is the normal testing format, particularly for our initial tests on the information included in the training packet? Multiple choice, short answer, essay, etc?

Good luck to all of you guys prepping for your final exam!

FancyFlyer in New york, New York

38 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said:

I know that training isnt paid but I heard that you get $200 or $300 if you graduate the training class wi erj expressjet. Is this true?

38 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: What is the normal testing format, particularly for our initial tests on the information included in the training packet? Multiple choice, short answer, essay, etc?

Good luck to all of you guys prepping for your final exam!

ERJ training was multiple choice.

38 months ago

FancyFlyer in New york, New York said: I know that training isnt paid but I heard that you get $200 or $300 if you graduate the training class wi erj expressjet. Is this true?

I don't know whether it's true or not -- we got NADA after ERJ training, though that may have changed.

Mark

38 months ago

Live to fly have u heard any new buzz about the new bases

Flying and Stuff in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I'm in training right now. I don't believe we get any compensation after training. And the meal vouchers don't happen anymore, either. Most of us have been living off of apples and easy mac or ramen or PB&J.

But yeah the tests are all multiple choice but the quiz on airport codes was fill in the blank for us.

Mark

38 months ago

Any talk about the new bases in training,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flying and Stuff in Austin, Texas

38 months ago

All we really know is that a lot of people will be displaced. DEN is gonna go super senior really fast. MCI is turning out to be somewhat popular. IAD will probably be the most junior base. We can't bid for them until we graduate from training, though.

Mark

38 months ago

Of course u want to choose the most junior. How will u know where to choose right after training

Mark

38 months ago

Is Houston a pretty senior base

Mark in Norcross, Georgia

38 months ago

How can u ask to go to training for crj side after being hired for erj side? Having as a base choice would be good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Mark in Norcross, Georgia said: How can u ask to go to training for crj side after being hired for erj side? Having as a base choice would be good.

I think this question was asked a few posts back and I thought I read IAD will fly CRJ & ERJ. Obviously other bases will do but I can't remember the list....have a scroll back about a month ago.....

Mark

38 months ago

I wonder how would that work? Once your assigned to iAd they take you off line to be skilled on crj also?

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

Mark in Norcross, Georgia said: How can u ask to go to training for crj side after being hired for erj side? Having as a base choice would be good.

You will be trained on either the ERJ or CRJ depending on what you were offered. After our merger with ASA is complete, there are plans to cross-train everyone to work either aircraft, but that won't be for quite some time. As of now, both sides are run separately with different contracts. So even if you are based in IAD, you will only fly the aircraft you were trained on. Please read this entire thread from the beginning, It will help you with your decision on applying and has lots of insight on training and preparing. that way there is less repitition in the questions

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada

38 months ago

Flying and Stuff in Houston, Texas said: I'm in training right now. I don't believe we get any compensation after training. And the meal vouchers don't happen anymore, either. Most of us have been living off of apples and easy mac or ramen or PB&J.

But yeah the tests are all multiple choice but the quiz on airport codes was fill in the blank for us.

Huh?? No more meal tickets? Seriously, that's nuts. They expect you to be completely self-sufficient during a non paid, 4 week training program? Eh, it was a lot different when I was there 3 years ago or so which was just prior to the ASA merger. They actually announced the official merger in our class one day. I wouldnt have even entertained the gig if there didnt have some training incentive like food in the deal. Even my current airline which is infamous for terrible FA work rules has paid training and meal vouchers.

The thing everyone getting into the 50 seat jet market should know is that those airplanes will not be around too much longer. Mainline is slowly eliminating 50 seaters from their contracts with their regional partners. XJT operates more 50 seaters than anyone in the world and Skywest (XJT Parent company) is getting larger RJS in the 76 seat range which UAL is actually paying for. Thats not good for anyone who works on a 50 seater. Id look at this job as a quick alternative to getting on with a legacy carrier as soon as they hire again, which I hear is very soon. XJT should not be a long term career goal for anyone.

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Huh?? No more meal tickets? Seriously, that's nuts. They expect you to be completely self-sufficient during a non paid, 4 week training program? Eh, it was a lot different when I was there 3 years ago or so which was just prior to the ASA merger. They actually announced the official merger in our class one day. I wouldnt have even entertained the gig if there didnt have some training incentive like food in the deal. Even my current airline which is infamous for terrible FA work rules has paid training and meal vouchers.

The thing everyone getting into the 50 seat jet market should know is that those airplanes will not be around too much longer. Mainline is slowly eliminating 50 seaters from their contracts with their regional partners. XJT operates more 50 seaters than anyone in the world and Skywest (XJT Parent company) is getting larger RJS in the 76 seat range which UAL is actually paying for. Thats not good for anyone who works on a 50 seater. Id look at this job as a quick alternative to getting on with a legacy carrier as soon as they hire again, which I hear is very soon. XJT should not be a long term career goal for anyone.

Lunches are still provided, and I think cereal in the morning. Just the dinner vouchers are gone and there are some pretty cheap meals you can buy at Walmart.
Fifty seaters will be around for quite some time. the new order of planes from Skywest don't start being delivered til after 2020.

38 months ago

Mark said: Of course u want to choose the most junior. How will u know where to choose right after training

You will know where you are seated in each base.

38 months ago

Mark said: Is Houston a pretty senior base

Yes

38 months ago

CRJ Bases - ATL, DTW, ATL
ERJ Bases - IAH, CLE, EWR, ORD + DEN, IAD and MCI (TBD)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey25 in Holland, Michigan

38 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Lunches are still provided, and I think cereal in the morning. Just the dinner vouchers are gone and there are some pretty cheap meals you can buy at Walmart.
Fifty seaters will be around for quite some time. the new order of planes from Skywest don't start being delivered til after 2020.

Lunch isn't provided. There is someone in the lunchroom offering food, but you pay for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Norcross, Georgia

38 months ago

Thanks live to gly

38 months ago

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Huh?? No more meal tickets? Seriously, that's nuts. They expect you to be completely self-sufficient during a non paid, 4 week training program? Eh, it was a lot different when I was there 3 years ago or so which was just prior to the ASA merger. They actually announced the official merger in our class one day. I wouldnt have even entertained the gig if there didnt have some training incentive like food in the deal. Even my current airline which is infamous for terrible FA work rules has paid training and meal vouchers.

The meal vouchers were provided for the weekends only -- I don't remember having vouchers during the week. With regard to 50 seaters becoming extinct all of a sudden, don't believe the hype. At some point and time XJet will upgrade to larger aircraft when the leases expire and these larger aircraft will require two flight attendants -- 1 per 50 pax; so even if there was a 2-1 exchange; 2-50 seaters for 1-76 seater the requirement would still be for 2 FAs. From a my perspective, the pilot group would be affected more by this transition than the FA group.

Page:  « First « Previous   122  123  124  125  126  127  128  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.