express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6301 to 6350 of 10556)
Page:  « First « Previous   124  125  126  127  128  129  130  Next »   Last »

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

34 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: ALL OF 4 (FOUR) HOURS.

So lets just say u have to commute, can u catch up on sleep in the crew room, like do they have beds? Or is there cheap hotels we can utilize ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana

34 months ago

Ill be there for training on the 8th, too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

kmdupuis in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Ill be there for training on the 8th, too!

Pool party !! Lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Texas girl

34 months ago

I don't get in til 130..I hope I dont miss all the fun

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

34 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: So lets just say u have to commute, can u catch up on sleep in the crew room, like do they have beds? Or is there cheap hotels we can utilize ?

LOL - no there are not beds in the crewroom; however, there are recliner type chairs but I wouldn't say they're conducive for getting decent rest -- but, that's just my opinion. EWR has a lot of affordable crashpads that are close to the airport and easily accessed via various transportation modes; however, I'm not familiar with the set-ups in other bases. I do know at one time ORD had a really cheap hotel that was providing space for crewmembers. I've known some who've shared hotel rooms (since most are on the same schedule for the first month) until they could find a place that was more suitable for "crashing".

Were you assigned to DEN?

34 months ago

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada said: The fact remains. The 50 seat jets are being phased out. Look at Delta for example. A simple Google search will give you access to many factual articles about it. I seriously doubt there is some sort of TOP SECRET, inter discussion going on between Skywest and XJT on how Skywest will somehow save the day and integrate everyone at XJT to their bigger planes. Surely you know about the tension between both pilot groups. One List!
For the record, I work at a crappy regional with crap pay, terrible QOL and 6 year upgrades. Im miserable and always looking for better opportunities.

PilotDude -- I never said there was any top secret plan --- and the phasing out of 50 seaters has MORE to do with pilots and LESS to do with FAs -- and this is an FA forum after all. Since it seems you have all the inside scoop on UAL's feeling about XJet vs Skywest -- I'm finished with my comments on this topic. I hope things get better and work out for you!

SwissMissx3 in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

I saw someone posted saying we get insurance after 6 months of employment. That's wrong its three months.

Karen in Jonesboro, Georgia

34 months ago

So if training starts July 8 then cov starts sept 8

34 months ago

I mean oct 8

34 months ago

Your hiring day is the day you graduate. So three months after that.

34 months ago

SwissMissx3 in Chicago, Illinois said: Your hiring day is the day you graduate. So three months after that.

date*

34 months ago

Ok!! Thanks

34 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: So lets just say u have to commute, can u catch up on sleep in the crew room, like do they have beds? Or is there cheap hotels we can utilize ?

Well lets say you get in early for your report time you can. I see a lot of people sleeping in the crew room. Especially if you're seating arc. Those recliners come in handy. Pretty comfortable, fell as sleep a couple times on those. ORD based

34 months ago

Are we tested on the codes only or codes and definitions?

PitotDude in Henderson, Nevada

34 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: PilotDude -- I never said there was any top secret plan --- and the phasing out of 50 seaters has MORE to do with pilots and LESS to do with FAs -- and this is an FA forum after all. Since it seems you have all the inside scoop on UAL's feeling about XJet vs Skywest -- I'm finished with my comments on this topic. I hope things get better and work out for you!

Fair enough and yes, its probably more of a pilot fueled debate. I wasnt aware this forum was strictly for FAs. The title says "Express Jet"

34 months ago

Are there any overnights in Mexico or the bahames

34 months ago

Are the codes and def test multiple choice?

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Yes, several overnights in MX. Veracruz is a resort on the beach, most others are just OK, like San Luis Potosí, Guadalajara, Mexico Cty, chihuahua, Leon, Most other trips are turns. No overnights in Bahamas, we do some seasonal turns there.

34 months ago

Karen in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Are the codes and def test multiple choice?

Codes are not multiple choice. Study everything they tell you to on the training packet.

34 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Yes, several overnights in MX. Veracruz is a resort on the beach, most others are just OK, like San Luis Potosí, Guadalajara, Mexico Cty, chihuahua, Leon, Most other trips are turns. No overnights in Bahamas, we do some seasonal turns there.

I like the idea of Veracruz MX overnights....could you get a few of them if your domicile is EWR? Or are they only offered to Houston Staff?

34 months ago

I know the codes are not multiple choice but what about the definitions?

34 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: I like the idea of Veracruz MX overnights....could you get a few of them if your domicile is EWR? Or are they only offered to Houston Staff?

Yes - you can get VER out of EWR. Generally, overnights aren't base specific.

34 months ago

Karen in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I know the codes are not multiple choice but what about the definitions?

Definitions, as I remember them were multiple choice.

34 months ago

Thanks live to fly for the response!!!

34 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: Yes - you can get VER out of EWR. Generally, overnights aren't base specific.

Dont you mean VER out of IAH? EWR to VER is a out of range for ERJ 145s.

34 months ago

PitotDude in Henderson, Nevada said: Dont you mean VER out of IAH? EWR to VER is a out of range for ERJ 145s.

No - I meant what I said the first time. I am based in EWR and while VER may fly through IAH as part of a segment in a pairing, I have had VER overnites several times on my pairings that originate and terminate out of EWR. With that being said, there is really no exclusivity in the hubs. I've done DEN, LAX, ABQ, and other non-eastern flying out of EWR. It just all depends on how the lines are built for the month.

34 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: No - I meant what I said the first time. I am based in EWR and while VER may fly through IAH as part of a segment in a pairing, I have had VER overnites several times on my pairings that originate and terminate out of EWR. With that being said, there is really no exclusivity in the hubs. I've done DEN, LAX, ABQ, and other non-eastern flying out of EWR. It just all depends on how the lines are built for the month.

You guys are so funny....

So are the schedules altered month to month. I somehow thought that once you got a line that's where you'll be and the routes and days wouldn't change much if any, at all?

34 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: You guys are so funny....

So are the schedules altered month to month. I somehow thought that once you got a line that's where you'll be and the routes and days wouldn't change much if any, at all?

Yes, the schedules change every month - this lifestyle would be boring for me if I had the same schedule each month - lol! Lineholders have an opportunity to bid on a particular schedule (though it's not guaranteed we'll get it) and the flexibility to change it during the month if there's cities we don't like or if we need specific days off that weren't awarded in our bid if RSV coverage is adequate.

ERJ FAs can make an unlimited number of trades per bid period -- CRJ FAs are limited to 5-6??? trades per bid period.

IAH-Houston in Texas

34 months ago

XJT and lovin it in Houston, Texas said: Yes, several overnights in MX. Veracruz is a resort on the beach, most others are just OK, like San Luis Potosí, Guadalajara, Mexico Cty, chihuahua, Leon, Most other trips are turns. No overnights in Bahamas, we do some seasonal turns there.

Sniff Sniff no more fligths to Bahamas from ERJ :( and airline in Florida took over those flights.

34 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: No - I meant what I said the first time. I am based in EWR and while VER may fly through IAH as part of a segment in a pairing, I have had VER overnites several times on my pairings that originate and terminate out of EWR. With that being said, there is really no exclusivity in the hubs. I've done DEN, LAX, ABQ, and other non-eastern flying out of EWR. It just all depends on how the lines are built for the month.

Ok, I thought you meant its a non stop from EWR to VER. I misunderstood.

Karen in Austin, Texas

34 months ago

Has anyone just got displaced to mci on here??? In training and I had a couple of questions.

ba-shiningstar88 in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

Hey there, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if any one has recently applied for a flight attendant position with Express Jet???

specialflyer in Garza GarcĂ­a, Mexico

34 months ago

Lovin the XJT lifestyle

ba-shiningstar88 in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

specialflyer in Garza García, Mexico said: Lovin the XJT lifestyle

how long have you been with XJT?

34 months ago

Anyone going to Dulles. Or at Dulles ?

evajackson55@*****.***

34 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: Anyone going to Dulles. Or at Dulles ?

I am currently a Flight Attendant in Dulles

Karen in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

In training now. How long will u been or reserve in dulles

Ready2FlyAgain in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

Hi I see that they are hiring again, has anyone else applied and any info on how soon you will hear something?

flygirl1166 in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

I applied over two weeks and have not heard anything yet.

love2fly2 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

33 months ago

BA-ShiningStar88 in Dallas, Texas said: Hey there, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if any one has recently applied for a flight attendant position with Express Jet???

I applied a week ago.

FLY HIGHFA in ATLANTA, Georgia

33 months ago

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada said: The fact remains. The 50 seat jets are being phased out. Look at Delta for example. A simple Google search will give you access to many factual articles about it. I seriously doubt there is some sort of TOP SECRET, inter discussion going on between Skywest and XJT on how Skywest will somehow save the day and integrate everyone at XJT to their bigger planes. Surely you know about the tension between both pilot groups. One List!
For the record, I work at a crappy regional with crap pay, terrible QOL and 6 year upgrades. Im miserable and always looking for better opportunities.

Yes, the 50 seaters are planned on being phased out. But look at it from this perspective. There are NOT enough 70-76 seaters in the world to replace the 500+ 50 seaters being operated by US regionals. Bombardier and Embraer can only make so make aircraft per month. So with that said, the 50 seaters will be phased out VERY SLOWLY just because they wont be able to manufacture more aircraft fast enough.... 50 seaters will still be around for Five, Six, Seven or more years.

33 months ago

FLY HIGHFA in ATLANTA, Georgia said: Yes, the 50 seaters are planned on being phased out. But look at it from this perspective. There are NOT enough 70-76 seaters in the world to replace the 500+ 50 seaters being operated by US regionals. Bombardier and Embraer can only make so make aircraft per month. So with that said, the 50 seaters will be phased out VERY SLOWLY just because they wont be able to manufacture more aircraft fast enough.... 50 seaters will still be around for Five, Six, Seven or more years.

But they are not the only makers of smaller planes. For example, Muitsubishi have a contract to sell around 150 or so regional sized 100 seater aircrafts to Skywest by 2017 I read. These may end up in the hands of XJT erj pilots ?

PitotDude in Las Vegas, Nevada

33 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: But they are not the only makers of smaller planes. For example, Muitsubishi have a contract to sell around 150 or so regional sized 100 seater aircrafts to Skywest by 2017 I read. These may end up in the hands of XJT erj pilots ?

100 seaters will not ever be flown by the regionals. Mainline has scope that nothing over 76 seats can operate under a regional partner. The realistic outlook for the 50 seaters at XJT is 5 years. These airplanes are becoming obsolete. Its going to get to a point where if you cant support the needs of your major partner, your going to be out of luck. The future of regional airlines will be a more consolidated approach. Less is better. I have many close friends flying airplanes at XJT and not one of them sees the company making it past 5 years.
As for the replacement of 500 ERJ 50 seaters? Mainline has slowly been taking back many of those routes they gave to the regionals not to mention it appears Skywest is on the move to eventually become the sole provider of RJ flying for UA. They will have the solution within 5 years.
I know its a tough pill to swallow for some but the time is coming folks. XJT is not a career airline. Hell, no regional is a career airline. I cant wait to get out.

Moni in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

Just applied does anyone know when the next training date is?

Ali in Fargo, North Dakota in West Des Moines, Iowa

33 months ago

I just appied too, I think the next training date is in December not sure though. Does anyone know how soon you will hear something?

Karen

33 months ago

Toshgee in Marietta, Georgia

33 months ago

Is anyone else's application still on review?

Sapphire21 in Ohio

33 months ago

Toshgee in Marietta, Georgia said: Is anyone else's application still on review?

I wonder how you can find out if your app is under review??
Id appreciate the reply on how to find out.
Thanks

love2fly2 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

33 months ago

Has anyone heard anything at all, standard email reply, or anything?

attravelgal in Gulf Coast, Mississippi

33 months ago

love2fly2 in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Has anyone heard anything at all, standard email reply, or anything?

I applied on 7/26 and received and automated email response saying that my application would be reviewed and that I would be contacted by email or phone if my back ground and skills seemed like a good match with the position.

Page:  « First « Previous   124  125  126  127  128  129  130  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.