express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7551 to 7600 of 9986)
Page:  « First « Previous   149  150  151  152  153  154  155  Next »   Last »

FAand? in Bedford, Texas

8 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: Today I served a drink to a dog and ate salad off my hotel room floor. 5 second rule! It's a lifestyle y'all! Lol

funny, true!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FAand? in Bedford, Texas

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thats gonna be an interesting vote to watch. Ill bet the fear mongering carrot dangling gets the better of them, unfortunately. There are too many AE lifers there who have all buy given up any kind of flow through arrangement so moving to mainline and taking a huge pay cut isnt gonna happen. Not to mention those on the cusp of that 7 year long wait for an ungrade. Add in the promise of shiny new bigger airplanes and there is gonna be a YES vote. That will be the final nail in the coffin of the regional industry. Pay attention FAs! Dont assume this has nothing to do with you. How the pilots vote determines your future and most importantly, your work rules and PAY. Oh, and dont buy into the recent rumor of an XJT and a Skywest merger. Its never gonna happen.
On a side note. I flew one of the AE painted birds at my company yesterday as we taxied behind a real AE airplane, it really made me feel like crap. I cannot wait to get out of the regional industry.

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cowgirlatheart in Miami Beach, Florida

8 months ago

OK how about how many people are at the open house??? About how many do they hire???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wings4life in Montclair, New Jersey

8 months ago

Is commuting duable for an XJT FA? Do the schedules allow it or it is virtually impossible. I could certainly get a crash pad but I need to go home more than once a month for 4 days...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

irish_giraffe in Oakvale, West Virginia

8 months ago

Every open house is diff. The only people that know how many will be there is HR and the Recruiter. How many do they hire it depends on company needs and how well people do in a interview. There is no set number at a event. That's why it's an open house. Well by invite only but no one knows how many out of a group they will take. If they like them all they will hire them all ( not gonna happen) but it all depends on the people that get interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

irish_giraffe in Oakvale, West Virginia

8 months ago

I went and they were only hiring for ERJ, but they are very very nice and since I was so tall they asked if I would go to the CRJ side. It seems like a great company and good luck to those who get a job with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HeaSomer in Denver, Colorado

8 months ago

Casey in Irving, Texas said: When you go to your interview they will finger print you and drug test you there. Then after checking out your background they will contact you usually within a week or two by email inviting you to the next class available. If they did not do this then you did not get the job. Plain and simple. I work the CRJ side of the operations and I am very happy working here. Although we do have our issues so do others and many have more issues then we do. It is a good way to start for a stepping stone. So if offered the job take it. Commuting is an option but remember that you get 3 golden days off a month that the company cannot touch you. But commuting can be very tough at times and all depends on where you are commuting to and from. Your new so you will be at the bottom of the list keep that in mind when you commute.

Hi, I am curious, with regard to the drug testing, would this be done in a hotel conference room or bathroom? I know they have several domiciles but not offices or HR departments so I am curious if this would be a legal testing facility? I understand fingerprints could be done anywhere, but a pee test? Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

irish_giraffe in Oakvale, West Virginia

8 months ago

ugh... REALLY.

No they will send you to a FACILITY near the open house and the testing facility will send the results to the HR Department. Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

Wings4life in Montclair, New Jersey said: Is commuting duable for an XJT FA? Do the schedules allow it or it is virtually impossible. I could certainly get a crash pad but I need to go home more than once a month for 4 days...

Most people commute. What is your city? What side of the operation did u interview for? I ask bc me for example, I commute to two cities that XJT services. 99% I'm on my own metal. Which means at the top of the list AND the jumpseat is mine mine mine! Makes it easier. While most people commute, doing it on reserve is tougher. When I had my meeting to get off probation....which is 9 months....my spvsr was very pleased that I had zero call outs. We have two discipline records: customer service and attendance. Folks, one thing they do not play games with is attendance and punctuality. Again, an in depth subject I won't go into depth with. But yes, you can commute on reserve. But it won't be easy. You'll need a crashpad or shared apt with folks from your class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

Another thing: if u don't already have a smart phone, I couldn't imagine doing this job without one! You will have constant schedule changes, the need to check in for and monitor flights, a good app for weather and the app for the airline you support, etc. You WILL want a phone w/ internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

Guys, we've got 2-3 rejected trolls that lurk here. They're sore losers who instead of learning from the experience and bettering themselves choose to bash ExpressJet, repeat and invent rumors. It's pathetic. They are concerned about no ones' best interest. They are simply washed up naysayers who can't get hired here so they prefer to hate on and hope for XJT to fold. What negative energy they are trying to project upon your hopes and excitement. Do not allow it. Misery loves company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thanks! Best of luck to all of you. You're all gonna need it. The end is very near for the ERJ side of things. Sorry but that is the truth. If this is your "dream" job, look elsewhere than a regional airline. Vote NO on my threads all you want. You all only want to hear what you want to hear. Hate to tell yah, its a crap job for crap pay and terrible quality of life, unless you happen to live at base and those of us who have been in this industry know they close bases or reduce them like changing dirty underwear.

Most of our stews have nothing. No home, no quality education and they are always broke. They pretty much drag their entire lives around in their overloaded rollaboards living in crashpads or hotels. They are literally one step away from complete financial disaster and homelessness. I cant tell you how many times we will pay for their lunches, dinners, breakfast etc. I was there at one time so I get it and understand so its not a problem for me.

Still lurking around on an FA website even tho you're now a pilot? You must be at Repub, the land of poor work rules where they're offering Starbucks gift cards and a chance to win an iPad just to get pilot applications. FYI, this is my dream job & my QOL is fine. I'd bet that I made more than you in 2013 and I'm fairly junior. I don't live in base & I commute with no problem. I have a house/car in a major city and a ccp in base I've been at maybe 6 times over the last year. I have a BS and am working on my MS. I eat at least one "nice" meal a day and will not hesitate to order room service (I don't pack anything) unlike many of the pilots I fly with who are packing 4-day meals of PB&J sandwiches, lunch meat and pita/flat breads or existing on $5 Subway sandwiches because they can't afford to eat out. I can pay for my own meals and have never asked or alluded to anyone doing it for me. So obviously things have changed since you left! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mironade in Rocky River, Ohio

8 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: Still lurking around on an FA website even tho you're now a pilot? You must be at Repub, the land of poor work rules where they're offering Starbucks gift cards and a chance to win an iPad just to get pilot applications. FYI, this is my dream job & my QOL is fine. I'd bet that I made more than you in 2013 and I'm fairly junior. I don't live in base & I commute with no problem. I have a house/car in a major city and a ccp in base I've been at maybe 6 times over the last year. I have a BS and am working on my MS. I eat at least one "nice" meal a day and will not hesitate to order room service (I don't pack anything) unlike many of the pilots I fly with who are packing 4-day meals of PB&J sandwiches, lunch meat and pita/flat breads or existing on $5 Subway sandwiches because they can't afford to eat out. I can pay for my own meals and have never asked or alluded to anyone doing it for me. So obviously things have changed since you left! Good Luck!

Wow, what the heck is going on?
I just applied with Commutair and I am very excited, got an interview today and waiting to hear from them! You guys are scaring me!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

Thank u livetofly and casey. Guys, these 2 will tell it to you straight & keep the jealous trolls in check. Reserve is hard. But everybody pays their dues. They'll tell you in training: the first year is the hardest. If u can make it through that, you may find you want to stay a long time. It's true you see pilots struggling financially sometimes more. Here's why...it costs $100k to get the hours required to attend training as a commercial pilot. This is like student loans. They are very underpaid the first year bc it costs so much to train them, the get a significant raise after the first year but most have families w/ small children and a wife who doesn't work. So yeah, our first officers have it rough sometimes. But usually their ultimate goal is the majors and they move on. I too struggled in the early years of my first career. Eventually it paid off. Now I'm in my mid 30's and decided I didn't want to work hard anymore! Money isn't everything! For me, flexibility and travel are! I'm about to have my 3rd anniversary. As we speak I'm waiting for my new(ish) car to be delivered, an 07 sports car limited edition w/ only 36k miles at $12k. I drive a piece of you know what the first couple years. Things do improve after you give it time. Also! Reserve is a blessing in disguise. While learning, which u r loooong after graduation, it allows you to let the company handle your schedule. Once you get a line (for me 6 months in), you have to learn all about bidding and trip trading! I'd have been lost had I had to control my schedule right off the bat! I have also been to Turkey, Italy, the Carribbean, UK, France, Morocco, Germany and Cancun for days off in the past 2.5 years. I did have to make lifestyle adjustments, taking roommates after years of living solo, then staying with my parents (dividing off days between their two seperate houses) the past 6 months. But I just got this car, I travel and by may I'll have a place again, buying this time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

flyrugby in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

8 months ago

HeaSomer in Denver, Colorado said: Hi, I am curious, with regard to the drug testing, would this be done in a hotel conference room or bathroom? I know they have several domiciles but not offices or HR departments so I am curious if this would be a legal testing facility? I understand fingerprints could be done anywhere, but a pee test? Thanks so much!

at the Newark OH they sent us to the Airport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cowgirlatheart in Miami Beach, Florida

8 months ago

About how many people are at each open house??? What did y'all wear to the interview?? About how long were you at OH IF YOU GET HIRED??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

We will be reducing CLE a lot, perhaps shutting it down. We also just opened THREE new bases!!! IAD, MCI and DEN. Bases come and go. Planes get retired and replaced with cutting edge fuel efficient new one. People switch around airlines. Lifers are likely to experience at least one furlough in their careers.....it's the nature of it and the rewards are ten-fold. By the way, XJT has never once furloughed FAs. Not even after 9/11. Froze hiring during that time and in the most recent downturn, but not furloughs. Good luck. Naysayers, nice try! Lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Clearly you're in Denial or just don't care about the other half of your company which makes up more than 75%. You all are not getting bigger planes. Hate to break it to yah. Your parent company took them. You have to be high if you think there is a bright future at Express Jet on the ERJ side of things. Its not gonna happen. Im very well educated on the subject. Probably more than most of you here. Not to toot my own horn but the info I share here is far more valuable to anyone looking at a career as an FA. I show them the reality of it.

Let me ask you then. What do you think is going to happen to the UA side of XJT? You seem to know more. You really think Skywest in gonna fly in on a unicorn and drop off a bunch of E175s for XJT to operate out of ORD and IAH? Stop telling these poor folks its a great place with a future knowing they'll never see more than 2 year FA pay.

Listen, this is a forum about the hiring process at XJT. You are a hater, a reject. You've stated your angry spew over and over. You're mad bc they don't want you. It's clear (and sad) that you've let this get the best of you....you're letting your anger get to you. Get over it. For your own sake! You're only making others more determined to pursue their dream. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

APilotsLife/BlondeBanker: stop creating new profiles with different names to make it seem like more people agree with you. How much time do you have on your hands anyway? A lot if you're unemployed I guess. Sorry for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

Casey in Irving, Texas said: Just so you know Mr. Wanna be Pilot......... it is no secret that our 50 seaters are leaving us. We are suppose to get rid of all of them by the end of 2014 in ATL and the rest will follow in 2015 at the other bases. We are going to be operating larger aircraft. SO stop living in the past and wishing everyone to have a bad life and not want to fulfill their dreams. Get some education on the subject before you open your big mouth with and empty hater brain and insert your feet.

Which will require 2 FAs..... Even more hiring to come! Yay!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada

8 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: We will be reducing CLE a lot, perhaps shutting it down. We also just opened THREE new bases!!! IAD, MCI and DEN. Bases come and go. Planes get retired and replaced with cutting edge fuel efficient new one. People switch around airlines. Lifers are likely to experience at least one furlough in their careers.....it's the nature of it and the rewards are ten-fold. By the way, XJT has never once furloughed FAs. Not even after 9/11. Froze hiring during that time and in the most recent downturn, but not furloughs. Good luck. Naysayers, nice try! Lol

Its getting shut down. 60% is pretty much the entire regional flying out of CLE. UA is taking back their flying and good for them. Its about time mainline severs its ties with the regional industry. I could be out of job as well if my company wasnt so understaffed.
Its all about consolidation at this point. Ill guarantee you, more reductions are coming and I hate to say it, furloughs as well. Skywest will be the only company flying for UA in 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Its getting shut down. 60% is pretty much the entire regional flying out of CLE. UA is taking back their flying and good for them. Its about time mainline severs its ties with the regional industry. I could be out of job as well if my company wasnt so understaffed.
Its all about consolidation at this point. Ill guarantee you, more reductions are coming and I hate to say it, furloughs as well. Skywest will be the only company flying for UA in 2 years.

As if a major would give all their flying to one regional, Skywest. You forget we ARE Skywest, silly! As if they would give them that much power. As if a 777 will start servicing Lafayette. As if a "pilot" would ever give a rats bum about an FA hiring forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: As I said before, no idea what your talking about nor do I give an F. I work for a far crappier company than yours so you can relax. All in all, Im right and you're wrong. You'll see. Adios folks and good luck. Im done here.

We will pray for you that you find harmony within, a job you enjoy and let go of the anger. Go in peace. May God bless your troubled soul.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

8 months ago

I am really questioning all of the back and forth bantering going on. Why not just LET IT GO and chill out???!!! Everyone has their opinion(s), some more than others. Honestly, this has gone on way longer than it should have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada

8 months ago

Let me clarify. Yes, Express Jet is owned by Skywest, however, they are two completely separate companies, so unless you have a Skywest seniority number, you most certainly are not Skywest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Knoxville

8 months ago

Give it up!!!!! Obviously no one is interested in hearing your opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FA for XJT in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

From XJT CEO.

Brad: United announces reduced CLE flying
February 1, 2014

I always prefer that our employees be the first to know about news that may directly impact them. Unfortunately, in this case, I just became aware after United notified us today that the press released confidential information from United about plans to substantially reduce flying in Cleveland. I want you to know that this is never the way I, or our partners at United, want our team members to find out about such news. It’s disappointing that the press released it before United could inform ExpressJet and we were able to tell our people directly.

With that said, United has made the difficult decision to start reducing Cleveland flying in stages beginning in April. The majority of these reductions are regional flights, many of which are operated by ExpressJet. These reductions will be made in roughly one-third increments in each of early April, May and June.

I want everyone to know that this decision is not reflective of the dedication and hard work of our Cleveland team. This is a business decision that United made, and it’s the result of several factors, including a decade of financial losses at the hub, and most recently, the industry-wide effect that new federal regulations have caused on the pool of available pilots.

I regret that we’ve been forced to make this announcement on such short notice and without having more to communicate to our team members directly impacted by this. Please know that we will work directly with our Cleveland team in the coming days, and will communicate updates to everyone as we have more information.

Please stay safe, and continue to support each other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Let me clarify. Yes, Express Jet is owned by Skywest, however, they are two completely separate companies, so unless you have a Skywest seniority number, you most certainly are not Skywest.

And Skywest intention is to grow it's largest carrier, us. I am considered Skywest, btw. I use their double letter code in front of my emp # every time I jumpseat on Eagle and others. I can see why you guys over at a Republic are a bit jelly of XJT. It would be nice to have a healthy company such as Skywest backing you rather than competing with them. Better luck next time getting hired here. You will need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I was an FA at your company you idiot. I was on this forum years ago when I first took the job as an FA there. Have you not kept up? Anyway, on a final note. You are not Skywest either. They are Inc, you're Express Jet. One union, one not. You cant mix oil and water and those Mormons wont have their shop go union on them, hence them awarding pay raises after getting word the pilots were talking union talk.

If you were such an expert, surely you would know the great deal of money UA still owes Skywest for bailing them out back in 2007ish sometime. Skywest pretty much paid for UA to complete the CAL merger with the agreement they would be grandfathered in to be the premier regional for the new UA. UA owes Skywest A LOT. Why do you think UA is giving them those shiny new E175s? Face it, Express Jet is the red headed step child nobody wants. I work for Republic btw so I really have no shame.

CLE reducing, possibly eventually closing is not a surprise. CLE was a major CO hub. Ever since the UA/CO merger, there has been talk of shutting it down. It has nothing to do with XJTs health or performance and does not reflect upon us. If it did, UA would award the flying to another regional, not shut down a Hub! Lol. Anyway, enough with the name calling and Mormon bashing. You promised us you would be working in yourself, remember?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Thisandthat in California

8 months ago

Well from an outsider your both partially right..L-. Xjt is in trouble. Asa did that merger only to secure the united flying they were about to lose. Now they are going to lose it anyway! Mainline carriers want bigger regional airplanes and less frequency which a fleet of only 50 seaters is not going to help unless they throw some 700/900s currently in the delta operation however that's highly unlikely. The regional industry is changing again. Skywest is going to give 175's to Xjt. It's completely feasible to say that Xjt may become a one airline operation again.... Time will tell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thisandthat in California

8 months ago

Skywest isn't!***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey

8 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada

^^^^ This guy is an absolute dick head!!!

Why would he bother to continue to cause problems and issues....scarring others who were excited about the option to go to XJT?

He must be very sick and disturbed....its like he is a stalker.....yuk....

All i can say is that the guy is CREEPY....thank god he dont fly XJT aircrafts anymore and hopefully neva....

go away pilot guy....and go hang around someone elses forum you C*ck head

He wasn't a pilot for XJT, but an FA who left to be a pilot for Republic. He talks about how "crappy" his company is, but I'll wager that he's NOT going on to that forum to bash them and their horrible work rules --- they might find out who he is. He'd rather hide behind a pseudonym and bash XJT probably because they DIDN'T consider him for pilot training. As FlyGirl stated, misery loves company --- Buyer;s remorse? Take it from me, one who's lived a lot longer than most of you -- the grass is NOT always greener on the other side!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lovie in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

livetofly peterson in elizabeth, New Jersey said: ...unlike many of the pilots I fly with who are packing 4-day meals of PB&J sandwiches, lunch meat and pita/flat breads or existing on $5 Subway sandwiches because they can't afford to eat out. I can pay for my own meals and have never asked or alluded to anyone doing it for me. So obviously things have changed since you left! Good Luck!

LOL!!!!! That was funny as all get out.

I'm not sure why a pilot what concern him/herself so much about whether someone applies to be an FA or not, especially when there are so many pilot forums on the internet to keep him/her occupied. It's obvious that nobody's interested in what he/she is trying to offer, yet they continue to make posts in an attempt to discourage others. Then have the audacity to try to report "Abuse" because nobody wants to be negative along with them.

I believe that it's a bitter FA applicant that didn't get selected…. coming back here over and over and over again for the sheer purpose of disrupting helpful conversations between people who are trying to help each other. It's sad. And it's starting to border on pathetic.

It's obvious that not everybody seeks a career for money or a plush way of life. Many people who seek to be flight attendants already have the big paycheck and the fancy titles. Some people actually want a simpler way of life so they can do a job that they will actually enjoy; even if it means taking a little less materially or taking a few risks.

Perhaps we should just start completely ignoring the troll(s). Just don't respond to it. When they start fear-mongering, just continue with our conversations amongst ourselves. It might take a while, but the troll will eventual go to another forum that will entertain it. Just my two cents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Here with you in Pennsylvania

8 months ago

Lovie in Houston, Texas said: LOL!!!!! That was funny as all get out.

I'm not sure why a pilot what concern him/herself so much about whether someone applies to be an FA or not, especially when there are so many pilot forums on the internet to keep him/her occupied. It's obvious that nobody's interested in what he/she is trying to offer, yet they continue to make posts in an attempt to discourage others. Then have the audacity to try to report "Abuse" because nobody wants to be negative along with them.

I believe that it's a bitter FA applicant that didn't get selected…. coming back here over and over and over again for the sheer purpose of disrupting helpful conversations between people who are trying to help each other. It's sad. And it's starting to border on pathetic.

It's obvious that not everybody seeks a career for money or a plush way of life. Many people who seek to be flight attendants already have the big paycheck and the fancy titles. Some people actually want a simpler way of life so they can do a job that they will actually enjoy; even if it means taking a little less materially or taking a few risks.

Perhaps we should just start completely ignoring the troll(s). Just don't respond to it. When they start fear-mongering, just continue with our conversations amongst ourselves. It might take a while, but the troll will eventual go to another forum that will entertain it. Just my two cents.

This sounds just like a person who used to be on another FA form that I am on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lovie in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

Here with you in Pennsylvania said: This sounds just like a person who used to be on another FA form that I am on.

Anybody can do a search under "Lovie in Houston" or "Lovie in League City" and see my posts. I've commented on the SWA and AA forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pan Am wannabe in NoWhere, American Samoa

8 months ago

Anyone going to the interview in Houston on Wednesday?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Here with you in Pennsylvania

8 months ago

Pan Am wannabe in NoWhere, American Samoa said: Anyone going to the interview in Houston on Wednesday?

No, but good luck and have fun.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada

8 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: And Skywest intention is to grow it's largest carrier, us. I am considered Skywest, btw. I use their double letter code in front of my emp # every time I jumpseat on Eagle and others. I can see why you guys over at a Republic are a bit jelly of XJT. It would be nice to have a healthy company such as Skywest backing you rather than competing with them. Better luck next time getting hired here. You will need it.

Im CASS so I can jumpseat on pretty much anyone. How are you able to use a SKW code in front of your XJT number to jumpseat on other company metal as an FA? Did they clear that with you as being an ok thing to do? Skywest is not growing XJTs ERJ side, deal with it. If youre ATL, you have a chance since you have larger RJs. The reality is that Skywest is already prepping their training department for E175 training to start very soon.

Trust me, I hate a lot about RAH and their rules but I feel a lot more secure here and am grateful I was denied by XJT for an FO slot. We are in pretty good shape, aside from being very understaffed and continue getting new airplanes which we will need to staff. Theres no doubt its a cluster over here but nothing compared to XJT. Not to mention I got a $5000 signing bonus here when I was hired which helped put that nail in the coffin for me over here for awhile but oh well, to me its about doing my time and aiming for bigger things down the road.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cowgirlatheart in Miami Beach, Florida

8 months ago

Let's not argue and just ignore him and let's talk about flight attendant stuff!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Here with you in Pennsylvania

8 months ago

cowgirlatheart in Miami Beach, Florida said: Let's not argue and just ignore him and let's talk about flight attendant stuff!!!!

Good Ideal, I have higher standers set for myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland

8 months ago

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Im CASS so I can jumpseat on pretty much anyone. How are you able to use a SKW code in front of your XJT number to jumpseat on other company metal as an FA? Did they clear that with you as being an ok thing to do? Skywest is not growing XJTs ERJ side, deal with it. If youre ATL, you have a chance since you have larger RJs. The reality is that Skywest is already prepping their training department for E175 training to start very soon.

Trust me, I hate a lot about RAH and their rules but I feel a lot more secure here and am grateful I was denied by XJT for an FO slot. We are in pretty good shape, aside from being very understaffed and continue getting new airplanes which we will need to staff. Theres no doubt its a cluster over here but nothing compared to XJT. Not to mention I got a $5000 signing bonus here when I was hired which helped put that nail in the coffin for me over here for awhile but oh well, to me its about doing my time and aiming for bigger things down the road.

I think We need to try and track this looser down. He is in breach of many things but falsely slandering a company like this is a huge slap on his republic but. I'm sure his identity can be exposed eventually.

I have a friend of a friend who knows computer tracking stuff very well. I'm considering calling republic and showing them the posts too

If anyone knows his name. Go to management and report his craziness -

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

APilotsLife4Me in Las Vegas, Nevada

7 months ago

JACKIE FLY BY NITE in ANNAPOLIS, Maryland said: I think We need to try and track this looser down. He is in breach of many things but falsely slandering a company like this is a huge slap on his republic but. I'm sure his identity can be exposed eventually.

I have a friend of a friend who knows computer tracking stuff very well. I'm considering calling republic and showing them the posts too

If anyone knows his name. Go to management and report his craziness -

OMG! A friend of a friend? Oh yes, please do. Report me to my CP and my company. Ill slander them any way I want as Ill do to XJT. Thats my freedom. We have our own pilot message board as does XJT (the crack pipe) where thats all they do is slander the company and the management. Trust me, the company knows its there and they read it. Im protected by my union to do so as long as Im not putting any lives in jeopardy. Id never get canned in a million years for saying my company sucks on a public forum. They do, their management is a joke and they treat their employees like crap and pay crap wages. Just like XJT and every other regional out there.

Yes, lets talk about FA things like how many cats does everyone have? What are you running away from in your life? Why is your hair so dry? Why are you compelled to drag around that much junk in your rollaboard?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mironader in Rocky River, Ohio

7 months ago

Hello does anyone know if express jet it's hiring? Where do I apply? Do they pay for your ticket to go to the interview and do they pay you for training? What is their pay? Travel benefits? Etc... Any comments will be appreciated?
Do they have CLE base and is it tough to get that base? Thank you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mironader in Rocky River, Ohio

7 months ago

FlyGirl_xo in Florida said: We will be reducing CLE a lot, perhaps shutting it down. We also just opened THREE new bases!!! IAD, MCI and DEN. Bases come and go. Planes get retired and replaced with cutting edge fuel efficient new one. People switch around airlines . Lifers are likely to experience at least one furlough in their careers.....it's the nature of it and the rewards are ten-fold. By the way, XJT has never once furloughed FAs. Not even after 9/11. Froze hiring during that time and in the most recent downturn, but not furloughs. Good luck. Naysayers, nice try! Lol

Is CLE base is going to shut down too?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mironader in Rocky River, Ohio

7 months ago

I am interested in applying? Where do I apply? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cowgirlatheart in Miami, Florida

7 months ago

Just left interview didn't get fingerprints: (

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pan Am wannabe in NoWhere, American Samoa

7 months ago

cowgirlatheart in Miami, Florida said: Just left interview didn't get fingerprints: (

Im sorry you didn't get a CJO, there a ton of airlines accepting applications out there. Apply to as many as you can..Can you give any insight to how the interview was? How many people where there, how many people are getting CJO's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cowgirlatheart in Miami, Florida

7 months ago

Like 25... Just got told from hr... That they still call Ppl back even if they don't fingerprint... Is that true or false???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pan Am wannabe in NoWhere, American Samoa

7 months ago

cowgirlatheart in Miami, Florida said: Like 25... Just got told from hr... That they still call Ppl back even if they don't fingerprint... Is that true or false???

where was your interview today? Im heading to Houston for tomorrow...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl_xo in Florida

7 months ago

Mironader in Rocky River, Ohio said: Is CLE base is going to shut down too?

Yes, eventually

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   149  150  151  152  153  154  155  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.