express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2551 to 2600 of 10537)
Page:  « First « Previous   49  50  51  52  53  54  55  Next »   Last »

FilipinoFAboy in West Covina, California

53 months ago

Want2Fly7 in Somewhere, Florida said: I am going on the 11th. Anyone else going that day too?

Hello Want2Fly7 - I am flying the day before my interview will be on the 11th as well. I am staying in a hotel..I rented a car as well...I guess you are flying the day before?I am leaving tomorrow afternoon to Georgia and leave in the afternoon to LAX...hit me up at filipinofaboy@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

waiting2bcloud9

53 months ago

anyone back from an atlanta interview that wants to share info?

flyby2011 in Villa Park, Illinois

53 months ago

Galleygoddess said: Although ExpressJet has been folded into ASA, and as I mentioned no longer exist as a company, ASA and ExpressJet are still operating as separate companies. There are contracts to be worked out, the f/a union is negotiating a new one at the moment, and so it will take a while for all of these components to be folded into a completely integrated company. I would guess 18 months or so. At the moment those hired by the XJT side will most likely go to ORD and fly for United Express. Somewhere down the road when the company is one, f/a's will be cross trained on the 70 seaters, at least that's my take. Adding to all of this is the United/CAL merger, Complicated I know. lol

Thank you for the info, I have my interview next week.

waiting2bcloud9

53 months ago

Melified in Chicago, Illinois said: If anyone needs a hotel room I am flying in from MSP in the early afternoon. Six one two, two four two, four two nine three. I don't mind sharing please call if you need a place to sleep!! My name is Mel. I will only be there Monday Feb 7th-8th. Interview on the 8th.

How did your interview go? Want to share any info on what the process is like?

waiting2bcloud9

53 months ago

flyby2011 in Villa Park, Illinois said: Thank you for the info, I have my interview next week.

are you going tuesday?

KitKat in Harwood Heights, Illinois

53 months ago

Could anyone please tell me about how much does the health insurance cost per month? Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

butter in Stockbridge, Georgia

53 months ago

Is ASA having an OpenHouse anytime soon ?

gottafly in Danielsville, Georgia

53 months ago

ASA has hired all their candidates from the recruiting done in January. I was told by someone who works at ASA that there would be no more hiring this year (as of now).

I applied online at EXJ on January 26th and I have not heard anything... Is that a bad sign??? Seems like people are being contacted via email and scheduled quickly...???

LovelyE in Albany, New York

53 months ago

I applied for Express Jet online Feb 7th and received an invitation for the open house today. They did mention that their current flight attendant need if for the ORD base.

waiting2bcloud9

53 months ago

what interview session are you attending?

JazzyFly in Greenwood, Indiana

53 months ago

I recieved an OH invite for February 22nd in ATL. They are flying me down but i'm curious if it is the day before the OH. If so, I am open to having a roommate for hotel accomodations. I also currently work for Marriott Intl. and if there is a hotel close and cheaper with my associate rate, I can share my room with someone also attending the OH on the 22nd.

KitKat in Harwood Heights, Illinois

53 months ago

JazzyFly in Greenwood, Indiana said: I recieved an OH invite for February 22nd in ATL. They are flying me down but i'm curious if it is the day before the OH. If so, I am open to having a roommate for hotel accomodations. I also currently work for Marriott Intl. and if there is a hotel close and cheaper with my associate rate, I can share my room with someone also attending the OH on the 22nd.

ASA will give you information about A Holiday Inn Express, $40.00 per night all trasportation included to and from the airport and the ASA office:) You should recieve an email soon........

sondee in Fayetteville, Georgia

53 months ago

what are the flight benefits and the salary pertaining to this job? I applied but haven't heard anything yet.

RdytoFly in Spring, Texas

53 months ago

sondee in Fayetteville, Georgia said: what are the flight benefits and the salary pertaining to this job? I applied but haven't heard anything yet.

Sondee- If you don't mind me asking,when did you apply, cuz I applied on Feb 4 and still have not heard anything either? I am getting ancy..

53 months ago

Just applied. I was just curious as to what benefits they offer.

seahawk in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

sondee in Fayetteville, Georgia said: Just applied. I was just curious as to what benefits they offer.

Hi!
I just looked at Expressjet and ASA for the FA position but the link was not available to apply. Can you share the website to make sure I am doing it correctly to apply for the FA position or do you submit a resume and send to an email address? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

53 months ago

seahawk in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi!
I just looked at Expressjet and ASA for the FA position but the link was not available to apply. Can you share the website to make sure I am doing it correctly to apply for the FA position or do you submit a resume and send to an email address? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

email me: hisangryelf@gmail.com

53 months ago

seahawk in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi!

I went to the XJT website and clicked on Job Oppurtunities at the bottom of the page and it brings up another window and click on search, it will give you a list of jobs and FA is one them. Click on FA and then apply, but do have to create a profile for id and pw if you do not have one. hope this helps.

53 months ago

RdytoFly in Spring, Texas said: I went to the XJT website and clicked on Job Oppurtunities at the bottom of the page and it brings up another window and click on search, it will give you a list of jobs and FA is one them. Click on FA and then apply, but do have to create a profile for id and pw if you do not have one. hope this helps.

I will try again. The first time that did not work for me. It just gave out a " ding" noise, as if no more jobs available at that link or I am not allowed to enter.
Thanks.

53 months ago

sondee in Fayetteville, Georgia said: email me: hisangryelf@gmail.com

Okay!

53 months ago

RdytoFly in Spring, Texas said: I went to the XJT website and clicked on Job Oppurtunities at the bottom of the page and it brings up another window and click on search, it will give you a list of jobs and FA is one them. Click on FA and then apply, but do have to create a profile for id and pw if you do not have one. hope this helps.

Thank you. I got it!

Ed in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

I will be at the open house on fen 22nd. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back if you are hired?

53 months ago

I applied with XJT and was wondering if any on can any advise what email address that they received their confirmation upon completion of their application? I received mine from donotreply@invalidemail.com and was wondering if I should call confirm receipt of my application. Any input or advise would be great.

redheadedFA in Raymond, Ohio

53 months ago

Hi I applied 2/13/11 how long did it take to hear if you're invited to OH ? do they do phone interviews first?

Samantha226 in Douglasville, Georgia

53 months ago

Hi! I have an interview on the 18th. Does anyone know if they tell you that day if you have the job?

Codeshare in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

53 months ago

ORD is the only base new hires will be going. The flying is done out of the E and F gates. The crew room sucks. It has rats. DEN is scheduled to become a base in April. That will go fairly senior. Express Jet still exist. We are not ASA 100% yet. They havent even decided what to call the new airline. It could be ASA or it could be Express Jet. CLE is gonna close within the next year so dont count on that one. IAD is still a ways off from becoming a base. EWR and IAH are thinning out but will remain United bases. There are many people from those bases getting displaced to ORD. To be honest, ORD sucks on reserve. There was a time when people were to expect getting off reserve in ORD fairly quickly however with all the new displaced folks, that wont be happening soon. This job is extremely easy. After a few trips on your own, youre a pro. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Its common sense. The Express Jet union does suck. They really dont do anything so dont expect much. Rumor is the ASA FA union will be taking over. As an XJT employee Im okay with that. The IAM sucks.
The interview is easy. You will usually find out at the end of that day if you get the invite back. Training is NOT paid and 29 days. Food is covered as well as the hotel. The pay is 19.00 an hour. Witch is the best of all regionals. Dont expect glamor. Your gonna be laying over in places like Akron, OH and Fargo, ND. Some layovers will only be 8 hours and some as long as 30 hours. The hotels we stay in are fairly nice. Most have free breakfast available to crew members. There is no international flying out of ORD on Express Jet. They may pick up some Canada here in there. You will not be flying to Cabo or any of those beach resorts on the United side. The only water you're gonna see is the hotel pool. Anyway, good luck and we'll see you in ORD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Belmont in Palestine, Texas

53 months ago

Are they strict on the height requirements, 5'9 max?

-Belmont

53 months ago

Belmont in Palestine, Texas said: Are they strict on the height requirements, 5'9 max?

-Belmont

Yup, ever been in a EMB 145? To be honest 5'9 is pushing it.

Want2BCharliesSkyAngel in Canton, Michigan

53 months ago

@Codeshare Hello thanks for all the honest and realistic expectation information. How long have you been a FA with XJT. Can you tell me if you have ever lived in a crash pad, what is life like...would you recommend an apartment...what are the chances of being able to travel home on a weekly bases on reserve?I plan to stay in ORD but live not to far in MI. Can you switch with other FA's when on reserve or bid at all after line holders have there preferred shifts? Do you like working as a solo FA? Is it easy to jump on other carriers when you need to in a pinch? Sorry so many questions. Thank you very much!

53 months ago

Been doing it for a year. I dont do the crash pad thing. I commute. The crash pads in ORD are dumps unless you get your own place there which is more than your salary can afford so roommates will be required. Most of the crash pads are entirely to far from the airport and train stations. Not mention packed with bitter,catty,drama infested FAs. Im also not about to walk 20 min to the train station in crappy weather or at the late hours of the night. There are a few reasonably priced hotels you can stay in and you have your own bed and shower. Expect to use the hotel about 4 times a week maximum. Commuting on reserve does suck sometimes but then again it would be the same as a line holder. Id have to get to ORD either way.
The way the schedules go on reserver? You will likely be on a 24 hour call out when you start. This means you need to be available at 6 am on the days your on reserve. You will usually get assigned a 4 day trip. After that 4 day trip you can be released to your days off and go home.
You cant switch with other FAs on reserve. You can bid for whats leftover (relief lines) and bid for your days off. They have reserve lines. Some start with 6 am call outs and some with 10 am call outs. Its all about seniority on what you get awarded. If you're a new reserve you wont be getting a relief line. I do like working solo. Heads up. Many of the XJT FAs are pretty dramatic and complain ALOT.
We can only use United to commute on and travel on. All in all its a job. Some say its a lifestyle but I would disagree with that. Its a regional airline not a mainline carrier. For someone looking to make a career out it this is a good starting point but not a career airline by any means. You can have a lot of fun doing it. Good luck

Want2BCharliesSkyAngel in Canton, Michigan

53 months ago

@CODESHARE THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to explain that to me and answer by long list of questions. Looks like it would be living in hotels for me. I really want to be a FA....I am a realistic and reasonable person so thank you very much for your candor. I'm tough I could do it, I just hope I get the chance. I appreciate the well-wishes and hope to get the opportunity to work with such a down-to-earth person as you =)Have a good Day!

Melified in Saint Paul, Minnesota

53 months ago

waiting2bcloud9 said: How did your interview go? Want to share any info on what the process is like?

I didnt get it, they asked us not to discuss the interview process with anyone... so even though I didnt get it I am going to honor that request. It was easy though, they are wonderfully nice people!

Curious in Gallatin, Tennessee

53 months ago

Codeshare:

Are u ORD based? How do u commute to work with jumpseating not allowed on UAX aircraft??? Just curious since I know a lot of ORD ppl commute. How do u guys get to work??? Just hope for a seat? Or do UAX CAs still let u jumpseat?
Thnx

53 months ago

Curious, yes I am ORD based. I use my United benefits to commute. We get unlimited, free travel domestically on United. I just list for the flight I need. A good rule of thumb is to leave the day before your duty starts. It really depends where your commuting from also. Some places are tough. Where I commute from is fairly easy. We can also ride on Southwest for free but have to fly into MDW and take the train to ORD which is about an hour and a half. Most of our CAs are sympathetic and will usually let us take the aft jump seat if the flight is full. Keep in mind, we can only do that on an Express Jet airplane. You just need to catch them before they head out to the plane. Most gate agents will not go ask them for you. Our union hasnt done a thing to get us allowance to use it otherwise, which is why I hope we get the ASA union.
All in all the company wont advise commuting if youre on reserve. However, they cant expect people to just pick up and move to a city for a job that pays mediocre and they may not enjoy. If you live near an airport that has a few non stop United flights to ORD and Southwest to Midway I wouldnt stress it. You'll get to work.

RookieFA in Griffin, Georgia

53 months ago

I'm 5'9 without shoes. So I hope I make the cut. Anybody going to OH on the 18th?

RookieFA in Griffin, Georgia

53 months ago

^^ In Atlanta, sorry!

Curious in Gallatin, Tennessee

53 months ago

Thnx for the insight, Codeshare. :)

flyme11 in Villa Park, Illinois

53 months ago

CantWaitToFly in In the Air said: Express Jet will tell you in the group interview that no job offers would be extended that day. After your one on one interview if you are selected you will be sent for drug testing and fingerprints. If you are not offered this then you more than likely did not get the job. Although they do not "offer" you a job, they would not spend the money on you for fingerprints and drug testing if you were not being offered the position. In the mean time the people that were not selected see the others with their drug test forms and it really breaks you down. It is a very unprofessional way for them to do business. At least have the courtesy to send the people that were selected out of the office before the others arrive. I feel they lied and I personally would not want to work for a company that does business like this. Good Luck to all those that want it and do get it.

Nobody got any info they said they will e mail us if we got hired. Nobody received any drug testing forms the same day of the interview...

53 months ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone that was at the 15th interview did you receive a drug test form or did they tell you they would E-mail you if you were accepted for training first?

53 months ago

CantWaitToFly in In the Air said: People in my group were fingerprinted and sent out for drug testing.

When was your interview? Everyone in your interview group got fingerprinted and drug tested the same day?, so everyone was hired? on the spot?

53 months ago

Want2Fly7 in Somewhere, Florida said: When is your interview? Mine is Friday, the 11th.

Hi was wondering if they told you the same day you were accepted for training, and did they do they the drug testing and fingerprinting the same day for your interview session? They told our group would take about 2 weeks, or less to hear back.

53 months ago

CantWaitToFly in In the Air said: I agree they were all nice, with the exception of one.

When was your interview? I saw noone with forms on my interview I went on the 15th, were you at that one?

53 months ago

CantWaitToFly in In the Air said: Express Jet will tell you in the group interview that no job offers would be extended that day. After your one on one interview if you are selected you will be sent for drug testing and fingerprints. If you are not offered this then you more than likely did not get the job. Although they do not "offer" you a job, they would not spend the money on you for fingerprints and drug testing if you were not being offered the position. In the mean time the people that were not selected see the others with their drug test forms and it really breaks you down. It is a very unprofessional way for them to do business. At least have the courtesy to send the people that were selected out of the office before the others arrive. I feel they lied and I personally would not want to work for a company that does business like this. Good Luck to all those that want it and do get it.

When was your interview? mine was the 15th and noone received any forms, were you at that interview yesterday?

53 months ago

Want2Fly7 in Somewhere, Florida said: We were told we would hear something in about 2 weeks. I don't know if anyone was drug tested or finger printed though. How many was in your group?

It seems like people that did get picked according to the last persons comment they chose those for testing got the offer or maybe each interview session is different, who knows time will tell. Good Luck to everyone.

flyme11 in Elmhurst, Illinois

53 months ago

Want2Fly7 in Somewhere, Florida said: Yeah, maybe that is the case. I don't know. Good Luck to all. Hope we get the email with a YES!!

There were only 8 in my interview, but now I am little concerned if we did not get picked for the drug test and finger print, makes me wonder. I thought my interview went well but who knows.

53 months ago

Melified in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I didnt get it, they asked us not to discuss the interview process with anyone... so even though I didnt get it I am going to honor that request. It was easy though, they are wonderfully nice people!

Did they let you know right away? just wondered or did you get the E-mail reply? Did anyone in your interview get the drug test right away?

RookieFA

53 months ago

Those who only had 8 in ur interview was urs in Atlanta? Does anyone have a interview this Friday in ATL?

dare2fly in College Station, Texas

53 months ago

I got the Job! ExpressJet is a great company to work for. Training starts in a few weeks!!!

53 months ago

dare2fly in College Station, Texas said: I got the Job! ExpressJet is a great company to work for. Training starts in a few weeks!!!

Congrats, did you get an E-Mail or did you find out right away?

53 months ago

dare2fly in College Station, Texas said: My interview in on February 8th. I am being flown in on the 7th of Feb from IAH. I am gonna need a hotel, plz let me know if someone else is considering a hotel for the night of February 7th.

Anyone have any friendly advice for me before the interview. I am extremely nervous and don't know what to expect. Should I study the STAR process?

Alot of us interviewed yesterday, I can not take the waiting, did they send you an EMail and did they drug test you right away? Or did they tell you 2 weeks or less that you would find out? We are all on pins and needles Im sure.

Page:  « First « Previous   49  50  51  52  53  54  55  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.