express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3001 to 3050 of 9986)
Page:  « First « Previous   58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next »   Last »

Cordie in Chicago ORD, Illinois

41 months ago

Someone is very upset that it didn't work out for them! Lol but the company is great to work for! They don't and can't answer most questions because things are constantly changing due to two mergers! But by all means you should do your research on any company and never listen to neg feedback when everyone else speaks highly of the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jarehead1264 in Phoenix, Arizona

41 months ago

This is a learning experience for everyone and even if you got rejected you have to keep it positive for those of us that have not interviewed yet..try again in 6 mos..most people dont get it the first time around...rh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl Aviles in Hillside, New Jersey

41 months ago

JonathanD in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: I got my invitation a few days ago to the Open House interview at the Newark Airport Marriott. It's about 10 minutes from where I live. Anyone else going to attend the Open House in Newark, NJ?

Hey JonathanD, I live 8mins away from Newark Airport. That's where I currently work at. I will be attending the interview on May 26. Good to hear someone's from around town. Good Luck! :)

JettingtoMars in US, Virgin Islands

41 months ago

jarehead1264 in Phoenix, Arizona said: This is a learning experience for everyone and even if you got rejected you have to keep it positive for those of us that have not interviewed yet..try again in 6 mos..most people dont get it the first time around...rh

some of us havent even had a response either way if they not interested or interested!

Anxious in Oakland, California

41 months ago

Understanding that everyone's experience is different, approximately how many days in any week can one expect to be away from home working reserve on Chet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anxious in Oakland, California

41 months ago

That's days away average per week working Reserve (ORD)? Working for XJet. Thanks!

JonathanD in Elizabeth, New Jersey

41 months ago

Cheryl Aviles in Hillside, New Jersey said: Hey JonathanD, I live 8mins away from Newark Airport. That's where I currently work at. I will be attending the interview on May 26. Good to hear someone's from around town. Good Luck! :)

Hey Cheryl. Thats cool I guess I'll get to meet you there. I'm currently working at the airport also. Terminal B. :) Anyways wish you the best of luck on the 26th.

Cheryl Aviles in Hillside, New Jersey

41 months ago

JonathanD in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Hey Cheryl. Thats cool I guess I'll get to meet you there. I'm currently working at the airport also. Terminal B. :) Anyways wish you the best of luck on the 26th.

Same here. I work at terminal B as a passenger service agent.

RhapsodyinBlue in Knoxville, Tennessee

41 months ago

Anxious in Oakland, California said: That's days away average per week working Reserve (ORD)? Working for XJet. Thanks!

Approx 20 days per month, not including commuting.

AVONlady in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

When I applied, there was a posting for ORD, a different posting for CLE, another for EWR, and a combination posting for all 3, then a separate posting for IAH. I applied to all of them and got a call for an interview about 6 weeks later. I have heard that some people got a reply within a week. My background check was completed in one week. I have heard of some taking over 3 weeks.

Therefore, I would not stress over waiting a bit to hear. I did apply last year and did not ever hear from them other than the initial email stating that they received my resume.

I'm sure they are looking for something specific but the group I interview with was a wide variety of ages and experience.

Good luck to everyone.

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona

41 months ago

Cordie in Chicago ORD, Illinois said: Hey email me I'm already an XJT FA in the area Cordero_Kimbrell@msn.com

is it invitation only?

41 months ago

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona said: is it invitation only?

No not at all

skymistress in South Richmond Hill, New York

41 months ago

Cordie in Chicago ORD, Illinois said: No not at all

Are you sure about this? Is there an ad somewhere? Because everyone else seems to be getting invites.

Almost There in San Francisco, California

41 months ago

Does anyone know why family can't attend the graduation for XJet Flight Attendants even at their own cost?

sunny sunshine in New Jersey

41 months ago

Family cant attend graduation if there is no graduation.. Yes, there was a lot talk about one, even about having it at a big banquet hall due to the large class size.
However as it go closer to graduation, we were informed there would be none.. You'll get to your base and be handed your wings.. Maybe if your special, they will pin them on for you.

Almost There in San Francisco, California

41 months ago

sunny sunshine in New Jersey said: Family cant attend graduation if there is no graduation.. Yes, there was a lot talk about one, even about having it at a big banquet hall due to the large class size.
However as it go closer to graduation, we were informed there would be none.. You'll get to your base and be handed your wings.. Maybe if your special, they will pin them on for you.

Okay, thank you for the answer but this wasn't for me... it was for my boyfriend.

Too bad though, seems like a great opportunity for the company to indoctrinate its employees and families into the system. Fly safe!

skymistress in South Richmond Hill, New York

41 months ago

Almost There in San Francisco, California said: Okay, thank you for the answer but this wasn't for me... it was for my boyfriend.

Too bad though, seems like a great opportunity for the company to indoctrinate its employees and families into the system. Fly safe!

When you get close to that point just ask HR.

41 months ago

AVONlady in Houston, Texas said: When I applied, there was a posting for ORD, a different posting for CLE, another for EWR, and a combination posting for all 3, then a separate posting for IAH. I applied to all of them and got a call for an interview about 6 weeks later. I have heard that some people got a reply within a week. My background check was completed in one week. I have heard of some taking over 3 weeks.

Therefore, I would not stress over waiting a bit to hear. I did apply last year and did not ever hear from them other than the initial email stating that they received my resume.

I'm sure they are looking for something specific but the group I interview with was a wide variety of ages and experience.

Good luck to everyone.

thanks that helps alot and the same thing happened to me I applied to all the postings on the ejet site one for all three, iah, ewr, and ord there were like 4 postings. About 2 weeks ago they posted a new one for asa-ejet and the posting said exjet. Yesturday they posted a new one for ewr and the web took you right to the asa so I applied again and as of yet have not heard from them..It seems like it is harder to get a interview with them since they went with asa..Hope I hear soon I would really like to work for them and have the experience on their jets..we will see and those of you that have the interview on the 26th good luck..rhy

41 months ago

Did they place an ad in the paper for open house in newark or was it invitation only....

Johnney in Orlando, Florida

41 months ago

Hey JH I'm Still waiting my self i apply the same time you Did.
Johnney

41 months ago

Okay at least I am not alone...hope we hear something soon..Let me know if you hear anything johnny..I use to work for xj a very long time ago when they were owned by continental..they now only have one a/c but two different models. When I went we had 4 different types of aircrafts to learn and some of them were props. They went to an all jet fleet when I was leaving in 2001. The emb145 is the easiest airplane to learn..hope that help you..jh

Highskies in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

I just attended an OH today with XJ and from what I understand from someone else who was there is that they're looking to hire at least 200 employees.. I don't know how true that is, but i know they're not finished hiring yet. So for those who haven't heard anything, be patient apparently they have to go through thousands of applications but,if you DO get chosen to attend an OH congrats!

For those who are looking for some tips on attending an OH here's a really GREAT ONE.
Follow the rules about the dress code, please dress conservatively , ( a full skirt suite) dress the part of the job you want to get! Women, not a lot of jewelry think classic, and simple.

Men, a nice suit and tie will do just fine.

Be yourself in the OH, tell them something that will make them remember you because within the first 20 minutes of them seeing you, they'll know if they want to hire you. First Impressions go a long way.

Good Luck to Everyone, and hopefully we'll see each other in the SKY!

41 months ago

My two cents on the dress code is this: I wore flat black shoes (nothing fancy but not too casual). Black slacks and a nice blouse. There were a few women with suits. One of the four was chosen. Be sure what you wear fits well, is not too "sexy" and stand tall. It seemed to me they were looking for traits that a great flight attendant would portray while working, clear speach, good posture, friendly smile. Just my two cents. See you all at training!!

Obsydian in San Antonio, Texas

41 months ago

I don't have a skirt suit, I'm a slacks wearer. With money tight, I was worried about buying one specifically for this. Maybe I'll be okay then if I don't?

SandFlysBy in Spring, Texas

41 months ago

Obsydian in San Antonio, Texas said: I don't have a skirt suit, I'm a slacks wearer. With money tight, I was worried about buying one specifically for this. Maybe I'll be okay then if I don't?

You will be JUST FINE! More f/a's wear slacks than skirts, although some do wear dresses.

41 months ago

SandFlysBy in Spring, Texas said: You will be JUST FINE! More f/a's wear slacks than skirts, although some do wear dresses.

I think skirt suits are lovely, however if you have a nice pair of slacks i'm sure they'll look just as great! Just as long as you look presentable. Suits can be expensive, I understand.

41 months ago

it's not JUST about what you wear anyway, being polished is the icing on the cake....but it def. works in your favor.

41 months ago

I would not worry about not having a suit, neither do I. Wear simple jewelry, No crazy piercings, or tattoos visible. good luck

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

I attended the OH today in Chicago. Everyone was really friendly and I was one of the last four people to be interviewed. I took a finger test and drug test. Ahhh I'm excited :) hopefully I'm one of the lucky chosen :)

41 months ago

Whens the next oh and are they invite only?

41 months ago

daydreamer in Parkersburg, West Virginia said: Can anyone give me an email address of the current ExpressJet recruiter? I was invited to an OH last year, and had to decline, at that time. I was told to let them know if I wanted to pursue the position in the future. I spoke with a Sandra Raus, but the email I have for her, keeps getting returned. I am assuming she is no longer in that position. Thanks!

about a year and a half ago thats the email the lady i was in contact with as well. Do you have any updated contact info for the person that took her place because from my understanding she is no longer with the company

41 months ago

Cordie in Chicago ORD, Illinois said: No not at all

so do i just show up?
where do i find the address and details for the 5/26?

41 months ago

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona said: so do i just show up?
where do i find the address and details for the 5/26?

This no not at all, was in regards to my email address! The OH Is by invitation only and u must have a copy of your invite

41 months ago

Cordie in Chicago ORD, Illinois said: This no not at all, was in regards to my email address! The OH Is by invitation only and u must have a copy of your invite

so how do i apply to get an invite?? i don't see anything on their site for a newark position

JettingtoMars in US, Virgin Islands

41 months ago

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona said: so how do i apply to get an invite?? i don't see anything on their site for a newark position

its up to them to email you an invite. I applied a while ago and never got anything from them..

friendlyfriend in New York, New York

41 months ago

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona said: so how do i apply to get an invite?? i don't see anything on their site for a newark position

Go to the website flyasa.com if you don't see the ad on the expressjet website.

mug in Chicago Ridge, Illinois

41 months ago

Well friends...
it took a long month of waiting very patiently; but I got my invite for training; Ill be at the June 1st training, if anyone else is going please lemme know!

yay.

patience is key; cannot stress that enough. From the time I applied to today it has been 7 weeks of waiting.

good luck to all.

mug

41 months ago

Good luck mug! :) and congrats

Obsydian

41 months ago

Hurrah! Got my flight information and selected flight into ATL :)

Chicago Wings in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

I hear June 27th is the next class date.

JonathanD in Elizabeth, New Jersey

41 months ago

jarehead1264 in Phoenix, Arizona said: Did they place an ad in the paper for open house in newark or was it invitation only....

It's by invitation only.

41 months ago

Anyone that was in the OH in chicago keep posted to see if they received anything in regards to the training our if you got the thanks but no thanks e mail I did the finger print and test. I'm just to anxious. :) I will certainly keep you guys posted. :)

Ashley in Columbia, Missouri

41 months ago

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: Anyone that was in the OH in chicago keep posted to see if they received anything in regards to the training our if you got the thanks but no thanks e mail I did the finger print and test. I'm just to anxious. :) I will certainly keep you guys posted. :)

Were you at the the 8am or the noon session yesterday? I was at the later one... definitely keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear something soon!!

DottieB in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: Anyone that was in the OH in chicago keep posted to see if they received anything in regards to the training our if you got the thanks but no thanks e mail I did the finger print and test. I'm just to anxious. :) I will certainly keep you guys posted. :)

I'll keep you guys posted also, I hope they get back to us soon, but i heard that if they drug test you and fingerprint you then you're basically in.. I mean, I could be wrong, but hope not!

41 months ago

I was in the 8 am one. :) and omg I'm freaking out lol I really want this

DottieB in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

Hopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: I was in the 8 am one. :) and omg I'm freaking out lol I really want this

how many people got fingerprinted and tested in your group?

41 months ago

the computer was down for a bit and there were about 7 people in the room waiting. But idk how many in total

41 months ago

The computer was down for a bit and there were about 7 people waiting to get finger prints. Idk how many in total.how about in your group

happy to fly in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

mug in Chicago Ridge, Illinois

16 hours ago

Well friends...
it took a long month of waiting very patiently; but I got my invite for training; Ill be at the June 1st training, if anyone else is going please lemme know!

yay.

patience is key; cannot stress that enough. From the time I applied to today it has been 7 weeks of waiting.

good luck to all.

mug

Congrats Mug! I am attending the June 1st training also. Would love to email with you before hand. If you would like to let me know.

Chicago Wings in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

I was in the morning session, I got drug tested and fingerprinted. Knowing that there is nothing to worry about there, I think our chances are very good!

Page:  « First « Previous   58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.