express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 9919)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

question in West Palm Beach, Florida

53 months ago

can you explain 'hold a line' - what does that look like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miami_FlyGirl in Miami, Florida

53 months ago

shonda young in philly, Pennsylvania said: recruiting@expressjet.com

Thank you!

53 months ago

brooklyn in Lithonia, Georgia said: Mark.Dozier@expressjet.com

Thank you so much!!

Houston girls in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

How much do alterations cost and hems cost at express jet. i know they are free for FA but what about for the gate agents.

ray91 in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

how is the interview process? what kind of questions? 1 on 1?

Dee in South Windsor, Connecticut

53 months ago

Miami_FlyGirl in Miami, Florida said: Hi guys!! Im having a huge problem, Im going for interview on the 24th and I dont know what I did but I erased all of my incoming emails!!! Can someone be kind enough and email me the recruiters email because I really need to ask her something?
Please be kind!!
My email is: miami_hottie@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

sandra_raus@expressjet.com

53 months ago

thank you!!!
what kind of schedule would that be as an example? how many days on and how many days off IN A ROW?

SkyFlight in Ontario, California

53 months ago

What is the interview like? What do they look for? Any ExpressJet F/As willing to give their email address? Why are there so few domiciles? Anyone know anything about this company? Anything set them apart? Why is there so much fighting on this forum?

SkyFlight in Ontario, California

53 months ago

When you go to the interview will they tell you there if you got it or not?

dmp in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

if you post your email address, I will respond via my email account

Optimistic_Valerie in Lakewood, Ohio

53 months ago

How long was it before you held a line? If you dont mind me asking, and I am aware that it will probably not be the same time frame for any future employees,just curious.

Optimistic_Valerie in Lakewood, Ohio

53 months ago

The previous comment was directed towards Fly Them Skies in Newark, New Jersey

BABYGYRL in New York, New York

53 months ago

Pom P in Cleveland, Ohio said: Has anyone that will be starting training on March 1 received anything as far as flight information yet? I'm getting more excited by the day!!

Hello, im interviewing on the 24th, how was your interview? What can I expect?

SkyFlight in Corona, California

53 months ago

For any expressJet FAs who are willing to talk to me , my email address is :

Flightinthesky@yahoo.com

Thanks!

shonda young in philly, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

If any expressjet f/a's aren't to busy could you please email to answer a few questions. Thank you soo much

dmp in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

respond with your email address, i will respond via my email address

53 months ago

Opps forgot my email freeshonda25@yahoo.com

SMD in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

Roughly, what is the annual salary for the first year FA? Per diem included.

Below10 in Texas

53 months ago

There is nothing to worry about. From experience I can tell you the interview process is well developed. Training as well is top-notch. Be confident, that is all. Everything else will fall into place. Your resume preceded you and you were chosen to interview based on that. Be ready to answer questions about previous employment and why you have made certain choices of employment, and most importantly why you have chosen to work for ExpressJet. Each interviewer is different so I can't say what specific questions you'll be asked. First and foremost act appropriately throughout the day. This includes being personable to your fellow interview candidates. You've got personality, show it. Be yourself, be confident.
To plan ahead, think about and jot down some questions that come to mind that you would like to ask them.
If you feel nervous get a friend to try to grill you with some questions. Record yourself and listen to it. Many candidates will interrupt and answer before the question is fully asked. Don't go in scripted but have a solid idea of what you want them to see in you. If they ask a question for instance about how you feel if you have to relocate, how would you answer? Customer service questions may also be asked. Let them ask the question, then digest it, breath, and answer it honestly. There is no problem with you taking notes or referencing your own questions as you are interviewed. It shows you are prepared.
If you have experience as a Flight Attendant brainstorm challenging situations you have encountered. Bullet-point them on a sheet for reference/study so they are clear in your head when you interview.
Don't gloat. There are always a few in the bunch that find it necessary to boast about their extensive experience. They usually don't make it to the second interview. And when they make it as far as training, they can't get their commands right because they are referencing commands from their previous airlines manual.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

So at the interview there will be a second interview that day?

Tia in Seattle, Washington

53 months ago

Below10 in Texas said: There is nothing to worry about. From experience I can tell you the interview process is well developed. Training as well is top-notch. Be confident, that is all. Everything else will fall into place. Your resume preceded you and you were chosen to interview based on that.

Thank you, that was very helpful!

53 months ago

very informative, thank you.

driven to fly in Nelsonville, Ohio

53 months ago

Is the interview a group interview or is it f2f?

Below10 in Texas

53 months ago

driven to fly in Nelsonville, Ohio said: Is the interview a group interview or is it f2f?

My initial interview was a part group and then a face2face. It depends on the number of individuals they invited that day because I've heard different formats have been used. They pretty much can get a clear idea of your personality from the group introductions. Be honest, be yourself. Prepare.

Fly Them Skies in Newark <--- How was your interview setup? (Not to call you out, but your the only other one who has interviewed and is currently employed) How long have you been with ExpressJet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Ponce, Puerto Rico

53 months ago

Does anyone got a confirmation for Feb 24th interview??

SMD in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

Fly Them Skies in Newark, New Jersey said: $17,000-$18,000

That cant be accurate. If so it would be impossible to make a living being based out of EWR. Im not even sure CLE would be affordable. Didnt you all just agree on a new contract within the past year or so? That seems like the wages from 2005.

Paul in Lakewood, Ohio

53 months ago

I received my confirmation for my invite on 2/23 to Houston..really excited and nervous, good luck to everybody out there!

53 months ago

Paul in Lakewood, Ohio said: I received my confirmation for my invite on 2/23 to Houston..really excited and nervous, good luck to everybody out there!

You'll see me there...good luck

John in Ponce, Puerto Rico

53 months ago

I'm getting anxious because I chose the 24th for interview and as today hvn't heard anything else from them.

mbella

53 months ago

WOW, are people still getting invites todat for next week?

53 months ago

Does anyone know if you get told that day that you got the job or do you wait til days later?

Paul in Lakewood, Ohio

53 months ago

SkyFlight, I was wondering the same exact thing..Good luck to you too Shonda(fingers crossed)

53 months ago

How important are letters of rec does anyone know?

53 months ago

John in Ponce, Puerto Rico said: Does anyone got a confirmation for Feb 24th interview??

Hi!! can you write me to my email? miami_hottie@hotmail.com
I want to speak to you about that. And ask you something.

Amanda in Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania

53 months ago

I called and talked to someone in requiting and your not told any more the same day if your hired. she said they will call you a few days after the interview, if you got the job or not.

Below10 in Texas

53 months ago

Fly them Skies, you suddenly moved to Oslo Norway? Odd.

FYI. Please take advice from people here with a grain of salt, I don't believe that Fly them Skies currently works for Expressjet, they seem to be pulling old figures and making assumptions. Its not worth getting your information from an unverified source claiming to be in the know, that will only lead to trouble.

The best thing is to call your recruiter and ask anything you need clarified. I personally cannot comment or speak for ExpressJet on pay, policies and etc. I can only give you advice that will prepare you for the interview from what I experienced when I came to this company. All else is better left to calling your recruiter or human resource department, they will be happy to answer whatever question you have. I was at the same point you are at once, and I sympathize, it was a bit frustrating not knowing what to expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Anyone who works for XJ wanna contact me, I am flightinthesky@yahoo.com

SMD in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

Below10 in Texas said: Fly them Skies, you suddenly moved to Oslo Norway? Odd.

FYI. Please take advice from people here with a grain of salt, I don't believe that Fly them Skies currently works for Expressjet, they seem to be pulling old figures and making assumptions. Its not worth getting your information from an unverified source claiming to be in the know, that will only lead to trouble.

The best thing is to call your recruiter and ask anything you need clarified. I personally cannot comment or speak for ExpressJet on pay, policies and etc. I can only give you advice that will prepare you for the interview from what I experienced when I came to this company. All else is better left to calling your recruiter or human resource department, they will be happy to answer whatever question you have. I was at the same point you are at once, and I sympathize, it was a bit frustrating not knowing what to expect.

Good advice, thanks.
Unfortunately I will not be attending the interview on the 23rd. I looked a little further into the pay. It would be impossible for someone with a family to make a living on. Even with seniority. I would be stuck commuting. Its a good gig for a younger, single person. Good luck to all of you next week. Cheers.

Below10 in Texas

53 months ago

Fly Them Skies <--- Also comments on other boards as well saying they are interviewing for Colgan/Delta . . and so on. Use the search bar and put their screename in. I just don't understand some people's mentality. And they wonder why they haven't been hired, just read some of their comments. Maybe to much unemployed free time on their hands.

Good luck to all who are interviewing with ExpressJet. Wish you all well, you'll do great!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Below10 in Texas said: Fly them Skies, you suddenly moved to Oslo Norway? Odd.

You are totally right. It will be nice if the will answer any of my emails or phone calls that way I wouldnt have so many questions. =(

Below10 in Texas

53 months ago

I'm sorry that they have delayed in returning your calls and emails. There are a few of them (recruiters) so hopefully you will get a response shortly. Don't give up. Most of you sound like you have the initiative and desire, so don't let anything on here detract from that.

stephalump

53 months ago

First of all, when you apply, you have are informed that the average first year FA salary is just under $18,000 a year. Or at least that was the case when I applied in November.

Anywho, after I failed to receive a confirmation email after I chose my interview date last month, I gave up hope. But today I got another email and I replied for March tenth, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the second time is the charm!

smd in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

Its funny, I was on for the 2/23 interview and just got another email inviting to a 3/10 or 3/11 date interview =)

Foxyfa83 in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

I'm XJT employed I was th first graduating class of this year in Jan. They pay is 19$ an hr block time (door close to door open) and 1.70 per diem. Your gaaurenteed 80 hrs a month plus you per diem. You all are gonna be on reserve for a while. My first pay check was only 730 something, you don't dont this job for the money. That's why if you live in EWR you might get a Line faster because noone stays their because it's so expensive to live their, crash pads their start at around 300$ a month and their not very nice nor in good areas to live. My cp in CLE runs 150$ a month it's not great but it serves it's purpose. They say over and over you dont do this job for the pay and honestly it's all about the benifits for me. Their hireing supposedly 240 new hires this year and only about 80 are projected to be here over a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

smd in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Its funny, I was on for the 2/23 interview and just got another email inviting to a 3/10 or 3/11 date interview =)

I did too and I sent them an email back saying I was already confirmed for the 23rd out of SEA and I am willing to change if they need me to. :)

12 in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

Foxyfa83 in Dallas, Texas said: I'm XJT employed I was th first graduating class of this year in Jan. They pay is 19$ an hr block time (door close to door open) and 1.70 per diem. Your gaaurenteed 80 hrs a month plus you per diem. You all are gonna be on reserve for a while. My first pay check was only 730 something, you don't dont this job for the money. That's why if you live in EWR you might get a Line faster because noone stays their because it's so expensive to live their, crash pads their start at around 300$ a month and their not very nice nor in good areas to live. My cp in CLE runs 150$ a month it's not great but it serves it's purpose. They say over and over you dont do this job for the pay and honestly it's all about the benifits for me. Their hireing supposedly 240 new hires this year and only about 80 are projected to be here over a year.

Foxyfa, thanks so much for the info!! Really appreciate you sharing with us. 240 new hires seems like A TON for a private jet charter. Just wondering... does XJT give any kind of bonus upon graduation or assist with housing relocation? I know some major airlines do... or did back when the economy wasn't so terrible.

53 months ago

Foxyfa83 in Dallas, Texas said: I'm XJT employed I was th first graduating class of this year in Jan. They pay is 19$ an hr block time (door close to door open) and 1.70 per diem. Your gaaurenteed 80 hrs a month plus you per diem. You all are gonna be on reserve for a while. My first pay check was only 730 something, you don't dont this job for the money. That's why if you live in EWR you might get a Line faster because noone stays their because it's so expensive to live their, crash pads their start at around 300$ a month and their not very nice nor in good areas to live. ....

Yes thanks Foxyfa83, and to build on 12 in Houston's question, when are we given the time to find a crash pad in Newark and move from our current home? Do they expect us to get situated before training? I read in an earlier post that one FA graduated and that day she/he had their first flight out. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be driving from the West Coast and it takes about three days. (if I'm hired that is)

Also another FA said they were flying a lot with XJT - such as 6 days one & one day off (if I read it right) and repeated the schedule with time off rolled over. Do you think that when all the new FA's are hired we will we only flying our guaranteed 80 or will we likely be busy enough to pick up trips?

I know you may not have all the answers but maybe someone on the forum can help clarify or shed more light on things!

Thank you!

53 months ago

oops, I meant 6 days on & one day off!

Sky Angel in Maryville, Tennessee

53 months ago

Hi 12 in Houston. Im not sure if you know this but this is not the private jet charter FA position with Expressjet. ExpressJet Holdings operates a charter and a regional. It is normal for the regional carriers attrition rate to be extremely high as regional is a stepping stone for many FAs. Many come into it not realizing how much time they spend away from home and decide it is not what they thought it would be. You are doing right by doing lots of research to decide what is best for you and asking lots of questions. I left a regional carrier that I was with for 2 years in December to go back to ExpressJet. I worked for them as an Airport Service Agent before I went Inflight with another regional. I realized that ExpressJet was a much better airline and so I am lucky enough to go to the interview session on the 23rd. Whatever you decide, just follow your heart. It will lead you right :) Good luck! :)

12 in Houston, Texas said: Foxyfa, thanks so much for the info!! Really appreciate you sharing with us. 240 new hires seems like A TON for a private jet charter. Just wondering... does XJT give any kind of bonus upon graduation or assist with housing relocation? I know some major airlines do... or did back when the economy wasn't so terrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky Angel in Maryville, Tennessee

53 months ago

One more thing 12 in Houston. I also have taken online classes in college while flying and I am now in my 3rd year. Anything is possible. We just have to be strong and believe in ourselves and most importantly, especially in the airline industry, be there for one another. :)

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.