express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3451 to 3500 of 9980)
Page:  « First « Previous   67  68  69  70  71  72  73  Next »   Last »

ally in Cleveland, Missouri

36 months ago

Stephanie said: Hey!!! Attended the open house in IAH yesterday. Its a very comfortable atmosphere, your asked to introduce yourself state a fun fact and given a scenario you have to resolved... Then its your face to face interview... I'm just a little confused some were asked to wait after there interview to be told you would hear from them within 2 weeks while a few were sent for prints and drug testing??? Can anyone give someone insight on how there process was like after the interview???

If you went to fingerprints you got the job. if you were told you will hear something in a few weeks - well that was your no thank you and you were not chosen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie

36 months ago

Thx, I was confused about the process because I have a friend whose a FA with the company and she was told to come back for her prints

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie

36 months ago

mikita in Atlanta, Georgia said: Congratulations to all who have received their training with Express Jet. I interviewed on August 3, and I have not heard anything back. Does this mean that I did not get the job? I was so excited, and I felt I did well with the interview. They said they would be in touch in 2 weeks, and it has been 2 1/2 weeks. I have called and left messages, and I have sent emails. No response. I would like to continue applying for flight attendant jobs, and I would really like to know what did I do wrong. Can anyone give me some insight. I am so disappointed that I have not heard anything. Thank you and have a good day.

Hey! Did you ever hear back from them????

Mindy in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Stephanie said: Thx, I was confused about the process because I have a friend whose a FA with the company and she was told to come back for her prints

Hey Stephanie, if you were there today. Pls email me mindy6111@gmail.com so we can brainstorm

flying high in la in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Let me give you guys hope the reason they give you two weeks is because its takes two weeks for background checks to come back in most cases someone will fail the bgcheck or the drug test or even decide they can't take the job or go to training I was told I would be contacted in two weeks and that was in November of last year I am now a
fa for express jet so stay positive mor than likely you will be called the company has 83 slots to fill by november and I no this because I work for the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie

36 months ago

flying high in la in Dallas, Texas said: Let me give you guys hope the reason they give you two weeks is because its takes two weeks for background checks to come back in most cases someone will fail the bgcheck or the drug test or even decide they can't take the job or go to training I was told I would be contacted in two weeks and that was in November of last year I am now a
fa for express jet so stay positive mor than likely you will be called the company has 83 slots to fill by november and I no this because I work for the company

Thanks for the info! On the day of your inital interview where you fingerprinted the same day or asked to come back for your fingerprints? Sorry to be a bother!

Sfgiantgirl in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

highhigh in San Diego, California said: Well, after a long wait, I've finally gotten invited to training on August 1. However, I'm also scheduled to go to a medical for American Eagle this week, so I'm putting off my decision for a bit. Aug 1 is the last scheduled class for now, so I hope I'm not making a mistake.

Does anyone have any insight on ExpressJet v. American Eagle? I posted this on the AE forum and someone gave me a lot of points to consider, but the more the merrier.

AE's pay is a little lower, but I like that they have destinations in California and LAX as a base.

Long wait? Were u fingerprinted same day or flown back?

Karolina in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Hi! To those of you who recently went through training: did you have to memorize all the airport codes that were in the training packet prior to arrival to training, and were you tested on them right away? Also, is there anything that you didn't bring to training that you wish had? I come back from a two-week trip the day before I have to leave for training, so I need to prepare myself ahead of time. Any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

flyhigh in Sunnyvale, California

36 months ago

Does anyone know the flight benefits for expressjet? Do you get to fly free as well as your dependents for United/Continental?
Thanks!

flyby2386 in Alexandria, Virginia

35 months ago

Ok,,,, so I interviewed on Sept 1, 2011 and I was fingerprinted that day. It's been a week now and im sooo anxious!!! Has anybody heard back from them? For those of you who have already gotten their training dates, how were you notified and how long did it take?

Stormcloud in Knoxville, Tennessee

35 months ago

flyby2386 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Ok,,,, so I interviewed on Sept 1, 2011 and I was fingerprinted that day. It's been a week now and im sooo anxious!!! Has anybody heard back from them? For those of you who have already gotten their training dates, how were you notified and how long did it take?

I was also fingerprinted that day and haven't heard back yet but am hoping they call within the next week. They said it would take 2 weeks for them to call back! Good luck!!!

littleMSfa in Sunnyvale, California

35 months ago

I had my interview last Aug 31. Got fingerprinted and drug tested... no call yet. Wait until next week or 2 :)

Jordan Craig in Sacramento, California

35 months ago

littleMSfa in Sunnyvale, California said: I had my interview last Aug 31. Got fingerprinted and drug tested... no call yet. Wait until next week or 2 :)

It took 3 business days for me to hear back from them. But I've also heard from others that it took them longer than 3 weeks. If you guys accept the October 3rd Training Class, let me know. I'll be there. Send me your e-mails if you'd like. littleMSfa, I'm from Sacramento! Not to far from ya!

cali4nia in Torrance, California

35 months ago

I was interviewed, finger printed, and drug tested middle of august, and its been almost a month and i hav'nt heard from them yet. I know my backround check and drug test is good because for 1 i know my self. Secondly, my backround and drug test just cleared with 2 other airlines i interviewed with. Anyway, i spoke with 1 of the recruiters and she said to be patient and sometimes it takes more than 2 weeks. So my advise for everyone who is waiting, is to hang in there, they hav'nt forgotten about you. They will contact us as soon as everything has cleared.

littleMSfa in Sunnyvale, California

35 months ago

Jordan Craig in Sacramento, California said: It took 3 business days for me to hear back from them. But I've also heard from others that it took them longer than 3 weeks. If you guys accept the October 3rd Training Class, let me know. I'll be there. Send me your e-mails if you'd like. littleMSfa, I'm from Sacramento! Not to far from ya!

Hi Jordan. I got the call earlier today!! yayy!! I'll see on on the oct 3rd class! yipee!!! What's ur email? I met a couple of girls from my interview last week, they made it too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyby2386

35 months ago

Ok so, is it just me or is anybody completely nervous? I know I will pass the the drug and background check, I just can't stand this waiting! Congrats to you girls who have heard something! I also have an interview with AE Wednesday! Hopefully I'll catch somebody's eye! Hopefully I'll know something by the time my next interview is and I'll have options. I worked for AE before so maybe that'll help.

flybynyte in princeton junction, New Jersey

35 months ago

Interviewed last week --- background check and drug test cleared today --- training starts 10/3/2011. Be patient and good luck to all!

35 months ago

Hey all who! Here is my e-mail! Jordan.Ganitoen@gmail.com. Study hard! Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see everyone at the October 3rd Training!

RuReadyTofly in North Vancouver, British Columbia

35 months ago

flybynyte in princeton junction, New Jersey said: Interviewed last week --- background check and drug test cleared today --- training starts 10/3/2011. Be patient and good luck to all!

Did they call you or email you? I was finger printed and drug tested on 9/1, but I haven't heard anything.

35 months ago

one expunged dui back in 1996 and din't tell them anything. Will that affect my chances of getting hired?

flybynyte in princeton junction, New Jersey

35 months ago

RuReadyTofly in North Vancouver, British Columbia said: Did they call you or email you? I was finger printed and drug tested on 9/1, but I haven't heard anything.

They called. Are you in BC? If so, the logistics of gathering all required information may be delayed. Also, remember that this was a holiday week. Just be patient, they'll call when you least expect it! Good luck!

mikita in Atlanta, Georgia

35 months ago

Stephanie said: Hey! Did you ever hear back from them????

No, I have not heard anything! I'm kind of sad about it. I'm not giving up. I will apply at other airlines.

35 months ago

flybynyte in princeton junction, New Jersey said: They called. Are you in BC? If so, the logistics of gathering all required information may be delayed. Also, remember that this was a holiday week. Just be patient, they'll call when you least expect it! Good luck!

thank you...

VicTX in Tomball, Texas

35 months ago

Hello, im from Houston and been reading all of the posts. All good info. I also been applying for flight attendant position. I applied over a month ago and no response at all. Im not loosing hope, but it seems to long. Is their a number to call the recruiter or something. Does anyone know???

Pamela Rojs in Fresno, California

35 months ago

cvxcv

Flyby2386

35 months ago

Yay... Got the call... I start training on Oct 3rd!!!! Was offered a job at Eagle today as well but took Expressjet!!! Does anyone know what their flight benefits are like?

35 months ago

Flyby2386 said: Yay... Got the call... I start training on Oct 3rd!!!! Was offered a job at Eagle today as well but took Expressjet!!! Does anyone know what their flight benefits are like?

Congratulations! See you there.

Storm cloud in San Diego, California

35 months ago

I got called YAY! Training starts oct 3rd. Can't wait to see everyone there!

35 months ago

Flyby2386 said: Yay... Got the call... I start training on Oct 3rd!!!! Was offered a job at Eagle today as well but took Expressjet!!! Does anyone know what their flight benefits are like?

same as continental airlines

35 months ago

Storm cloud in San Diego, California said: I got called YAY! Training starts oct 3rd. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Does the call mean that the drug test and background are clean or are they simply just in a rush to fill up the class?

35 months ago

VicTX in Tomball, Texas said: Hello, im from Houston and been reading all of the posts. All good info. I also been applying for flight attendant position. I applied over a month ago and no response at all. Im not loosing hope, but it seems to long. Is their a number to call the recruiter or something. Does anyone know???

which airline did you apply with? did you go to an interview? they are extremely selective with the job applications. do you have extensive customer service skills and or an education beyond high school? because if you do, they will call ASAP, but if you don't, then you run the risk of not being given a chance for an interview.

Storm cloud in San Diego, California

35 months ago

RuReadyTofly in North Vancouver, British Columbia said: Does the call mean that the drug test and background are clean or are they simply just in a rush to fill up the class?

When they called they said that the background check and the drug test had come back and were good!

Flyby2386

35 months ago

RuReadyTofly in North Vancouver, British Columbia said: same as continental airlines

But I dunno what their benefits are....

flybynyte

35 months ago

Flyby2386 said: But I dunno what their benefits are....

What do you specifically want to know?

Flyby2386

35 months ago

Well, do you pay taxes or what when you fly? What are the restrictions when you fly? Do you get companion passes? How long until you get your benefits? Is there a certain number you can use per year?

flybynyte

35 months ago

Flyby2386 said: Well, do you pay taxes or what when you fly? What are the restrictions when you fly? Do you get companion passes? How long until you get your benefits? Is there a certain number you can use per year?

If you're based in ORD you are eligible for UA benefits - if your base is EWR/CLE/IAH, you are eligible for UA & CO benefits. I don't believe there are taxes on passrider benefits for your spouse or dependents; however, you will be taxed for a companion that is NOT your spouse.

You will list on flights as standby and boarding priority will be just above buddy passes, which is pretty low, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think there is a restriction on family/companion passes and the number of times you can fly; but with buddy passes it's different - as there's only a certain number allocated per year. Besides, buddy passes are very expensive. I'm not sure what XJet's procedure is for issuing either, but I think there's a longer wait for buddy passes.

Namaste in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

Earlier this year, you had an option to pay $50 per person per year for unlimited travel United side, or just pay the taxes on Continental side. You were allowed to have your parents, children 25 and under, as long as full time students, and one companion, added to your benefits. each is $50 as well. At the end of the year, you are taxed on these flights.
Not sure how they are doing it now since they merged. Health benefits went into effect 6 months after hire.
Probation was 9 months.

flybynyte

35 months ago

RuReadyTofly in North Vancouver, British Columbia said: same as continental airlines

Benefits are NOT the same as CAL, it changed this year, i.e., loss of vacation passes, downgrade in passrider boarding priority, etc., just to name a few.

FTFSkies in Methuen, Massachusetts

35 months ago

If you are based in EWR/CLE/IAH you have Continental and can opt into UA benefits for $50 for the year. You can have your parents, child and companion on CAL for no charge, for UA it is 50 pp. You pay taxes on international flight at the time of booking.

We did go from an SA3 on mainline to an SA4, which means all CAL employees, their pass riders and retirees go before you. On XJT flights you are an SA3, so you go before everyone, but it does go by seniority. We also have the option of jumpseating on our planes. Your spouse and companion are the SAME, you will NOT be taxed for your companion. On international flights you are taxed for ALL pass riders.

We do NOT have buddy passes anymore and you can ONLY have your parents, child and EITHER a companion OR spouse.

Your flight benefits start immediately after training. Health insurance begins 90 days after hire.

Hope that helps!!!

Flyby2386

35 months ago

FTFSkies in Methuen, Massachusetts said: If you are based in EWR/CLE/IAH you have Continental and can opt into UA benefits for $50 for the year. You can have your parents, child and companion on CAL for no charge, for UA it is 50 pp. You pay taxes on international flight at the time of booking.

We did go from an SA3 on mainline to an SA4, which means all CAL employees, their pass riders and retirees go before you. On XJT flights you are an SA3, so you go before everyone, but it does go by seniority. We also have the option of jumpseating on our planes. Your spouse and companion are the SAME, you will NOT be taxed for your companion. On international flights you are taxed for ALL pass riders.

We do NOT have buddy passes anymore and you can ONLY have your parents, child and EITHER a companion OR spouse.

Your flight benefits start immediately after training. Health insurance begins 90 days after hire.

Hope that helps!!!

Thank you sooo much! That helps a ton!!! Now I know what to expect! :) one more question... I live in Waco, Tx. Continental Express flies there but it's not operated by xjt. Are we able to fly with them since they are continental express?

Lilyellow062000 in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

Hey can someone tell me how long after you submitted you app did they give u a call?

Lilyellow062000 in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

how long was the wait to get the call after you submitted your application?

Flyby2386

35 months ago

Lilyellow062000 in Dallas, Texas said: how long was the wait to get the call after you submitted your application?

It was about a month. Expressjet is a little slow. Once they invite you for an interview and you make it, it takes about 2 weeks to find out if your background check and drug screen cleared. If you want something fast.... I applied with American Eagle and got an invite to interview 2 days later. I interviewed yesterday and was offered the job on the spot. Just depends on what you want.

flybynyte

35 months ago

Lilyellow062000 in Dallas, Texas said: Hey can someone tell me how long after you submitted you app did they give u a call?

They don't call initially, they email. Each person's timeline varies depending on the individual circumstance; however, mine was as follows:

Application = 2nd week of August
Invitation = 6 days later
OH/Interview/BGC/DT = Very last week of August
Clear BGC/DT & Offer = 9 days later

FTFSkies in Methuen, Massachusetts

35 months ago

Flyby2386 said: Thank you sooo much! That helps a ton!!! Now I know what to expect! :) one more question... I live in Waco, Tx. Continental Express flies there but it's not operated by xjt. Are we able to fly with them since they are continental express?

You can fly with any continental carrier. So if it's operated by Colgan, you still have the same benefit you may just be a lower priority. So you could get bumped.

flybynyte

35 months ago

XJT FA in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

You are not invited to training until your background check and drug test are clear

Ashley Sheldon in Battle Creek, Michigan

35 months ago

Angie in Houston, Texas said: Yes. What would you like to know?
Bases: Houston, Cleveland, Newark for Continental Express
Los Angeles for Delta Connection
San Antonio, Ontario Ca. for Branded flights.
18.00/hr start pay 80hrs guarantee
1.70/hr perdiem
Great company to work for used to be owned by Continental Airlines.
All Erj-145 135 Jets (Seats 50 or 37 passengers)
One FA only.
1 year or so reserve time... Info subject to change.

I was woundering how old did you have to be to work for your company,because I haven't found a airline around me that would hire unless you were over 21 years of ask and I'm only night. And I believe i would make a great flight attendent, I'm a very bubble person,friendly, and love to travel and meet new people.

35 months ago

XJT FA in Chicago, Illinois said: You are not invited to training until your background check and drug test are clear

I'm a bit nervous about training. How is training anyway? What's your daily routine? How are tests? Do you go on observation flights? Any advice and pointers for the newbies? Also, what's the typical day for a reserve flight attendant? Would one be able to commute? What would you suggest? I've done a lot of research and get the main idea of everything, but hearing it from an actual employee would be great! Thanks. :-)

FTFSkies in Teaneck, New Jersey

35 months ago

Jordan Craig in Sacramento, California said: I'm a bit nervous about training. How is training anyway? What's your daily routine? How are tests? Do you go on observation flights? Any advice and pointers for the newbies? Also, what's the typical day for a reserve flight attendant? Would one be able to commute? What would you suggest? I've done a lot of research and get the main idea of everything, but hearing it from an actual employee would be great! Thanks. :-)

Training is a great experience! You are normally busy all day and then all night you do you homework, eat and study!!! The tests are not too bad IF you STUDY. If you don't study and don't read the question then it's difficult! You do go on observation flights, my class did one and then we did our IOE. For suggestions, get comfortable with everyone looking at you, with public speaking and making mistakes in the beginning. Be confident, study hard and do your best! A typical day for a reserve FA is sitting and waiting for scheduling to call you, traveling any where at anytime! I would say on your reserve days you can NOT commute, but if you have days off you can go home for a few days. I suggest getting a crashpad! Let me know if you need anymore info

Page:  « First « Previous   67  68  69  70  71  72  73  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.