Comments (3001 to 3050 of 19651)
Page:  « First « Previous   58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next »   Last »

willa in Mineola, New York

68 months ago

will jetblue hire this fall?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

danielle

68 months ago

Nat i have not heard back for the provisioning crew out of jfk have you? I did however apply to FLL for airport operations crew and I have an interview tomorrow, its a group interview. Its only seasonal but it will get my foot in the door. Can anyone give me some advice for the interview and what to wear or expect?? Is anyone else going to this interview?

lisa in Garden City, New York

68 months ago

Is jet blue hirign this fall?

Mike in Marlboro, New Jersey

68 months ago

Can anyone tell me about PAY and workrules for JetBlue FA's??

I'm trying to find out their FA paysclae, minimum guarantees, typical trips, typical credit time per month, and any other info on their pay and working conditions. I know the PILOTS get paid 150% for each hour over 70/mo. Is there something similar for FA's?? Thanks.

beendoingthisforawhile in all over

68 months ago

I have a friend that is a FA at JB and he mentioned that he DOES get time and a half above 70 hours. Other than that I don't have many details - although he LOVES his job! He said it is pretty great!

Timbo in Marshfield, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Ryan in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hi Everyone,

Not really a F/A question. But I applied on August 28 this past Thursday for a Airport Operations Job, at BOS.

They called me on Saturday and asked me to do the phone interview, and said I should of gotten an email, but I haven't received one yet!!!

They called me again today but I keep on missing the call, it's from a 706 area code.

I called the Support desk and left a message, but I probably won't hear back from them until Tuesday b/c of the Holiday.

Does anyone know the process for jobs inside the Airport? Is it the same length of training etc? I think I heard it was 2 weeks from a friend who works there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Training for airport operations is paid two weeks at our training facility in Orlando. Starting pay for BOS is $11/hour. I used to work AO in BOS and now an inflight crewmember. BOS is the best station in the network. Most of the crew I started with almost three years ago is still there. Your schedule is based on a bid. You will bid against people with higher seniority for your schedule which typically will last three months.

For flight attendants, yes, we get paid "premium pay" (not overtime) and any hours over 70. We can work a max of 150 hours a month (which I have and will only do once)...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

With the prefferential bidding system can lineholders basically chose how many days they work and how many hours they fly in a month (down to a certain minimum)?

ccgesch in Irving, Texas

68 months ago

Is training always in orlando? What are the junior bases? What do you get out of training?

ccgesch in Irving, Texas

68 months ago

My last question was what base do you usually get out of traing? Sorry

Timbo in Marshfield, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Initial inflight training is always done in Orlando. We have full motion cabin simulator for A320 and television window simulator for E190... Our junior bases as of now are BOS and MCO (which will probably go senior soon, it is our newest base and some people are just nervous to transfer there)... Out of training it is a coin toss. You definitely will not be assigned LGB. My class was assigned JFK and FLL, but later classes were assigned BOS and JFK.. It all depends on operational needs and reserve numbers at each base...

Shanester in NYC, New York

68 months ago

I will add onto what timbo said. I graduated earlier this year and 75% of my class went to JFK and the senior people in my class all went to Boston. Some have moved to Orlando and FLL but don't count on Long Beach as I have been putting in for it 8 months now and yet to get it so if you live out west like I do be prepaired to do commutes across the country.

Danielle Boca Raton

67 months ago

I have to go wednesday morning for my Physical test and drug test and finger prints. Does anyone know what the physical agilities test involves??

BOStimbo in Marshfield, Massachusetts

67 months ago

The physical abilities test is your ability to lift baggage at certain weights. For airport ops (customer service) it starts as low as 25 lbs and I believe it goes as high as 75 lbs. You don't have to lift these over your head or anything, you simply simulate placing these weighted bags on a baggage belt. If you are doing the physical abilities test for ground ops you will simulate being in a cargo bin of an aircraft continuously stacking these bags for five mins. After that your pulse will be read. This was how it was done a few years ago when I first started on the ground, it may have changed somewhat since then.

67 months ago

Shanester, don't give up on LGB yet. Someone from 01-07 just got LGB in the Oct. bid...

67 months ago

So overall, what's it really like flight attending for big blue? I've heard virtually nothing but good things and people recommend it to me. One big thing I'm looking for are some good layovers here and there where I can actually spend a few hours in the city (especially hoping for decent layovers in MSY, SFO, BOS, LGB, and the carribean cities). How how exaclty is the pay (specific rates)?

67 months ago

Mike in Marlboro, New Jersey said: So overall, what's it really like flight attending for big blue? I've heard virtually nothing but good things and people recommend it to me. One big thing I'm looking for are some good layovers here and there where I can actually spend a few hours in the city (especially hoping for decent layovers in MSY, SFO, BOS, LGB, and the carribean cities). How how exaclty is the pay (specific rates)?

I have been with JetBlue for three years and cannot think of another company to work for right now. (And no, I'm not on the so-called "Blue Juice"). When I was based in JFK we had great MSY layovers. JetBlue does not skimp out on hotels either. We will not stay in any dives such as La Quintas or Sleep Inns (we used to stay at one in BUF).. We stay in Doubletrees, Hyatt Regencys, Hiltons, etc... In BOS we used to have a 24 hour layover in downtown SFO, which is gone for now but it may come back. Chicago we stay at the Hyatt Regency right off of Michigan Ave.. In Vegas we stay at Loews Lake Resort which although not on the strip has plenty of perks. Pay starts at $20/hr, 75 hour guarantee for RSV. Premium pay starts at 70 hours. Per diem $2/hr. We get raises every year with decent ones in year 4 and 5. I do not want to get too specific on pay scales...

We have jumpseat agreements with all major airlines except Continental. (We're working on it).
Our pass bureau includes almost all domestic mainline and regional carriers and many international carriers including but not limited to Aer Lingus, BA, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa, Emirates, Air France.... (Over 70 carriers)... We rarely have layovers in the Caribbean. Those are mostly turns, however in BOS we have SJU and SDQ layovers this month. AUA has poppped up every once in a while to the lucky few.

I believe we plan on hiring again next February. This is not confirmed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

And yet another random question: when it comes to crediting flight time do you get paid "schedule or better"? That is, at the end of the month you get paid the greater of your scheduled block time or your actual block time. That's the standard practice for every airline. The only one I can think of that doesn't is that decrepid piece of crap called MESA.

And is there deadhead pay and any specific pay protections for cancellations??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

For all cancellations, trips are pay protected. You will be put on RSL (reserve lineholder) and they will try and assign you a new trip. If you are assigned a trip with less time than your original, you will be paid the greater of the two. Your pairings are given a certain credit. If your block time is less than the scheduled credit you are still paid the scheduled credit. If your block time exceeds scheduled credit, you are paid block time accordingly.

67 months ago

Thanks Timbo! Great info! Sounds like a good place. I hope I can come onboard sometime next year.

67 months ago

BOStimbo in Marshfield, Massachusetts said: Shanester, don't give up on LGB yet. Someone from 01-07 just got LGB in the Oct. bid...

I have not given up hope I put in for it every month cause you never know.

67 months ago

Timbo, while you're giving me great info I figure I'll pick at you some more. How many hours do you usually fly per month? How much success do you have with PBS in terms of getting the schedules you want?

67 months ago

I do not get the schedules I want, I am extremely junior in the company.... I actually sign up for something called Flica text Alerts. Once I get my schedule I program in the trips and specific dates that I want and I can swap accordingly. Example, my June schedule I was given 95 hours, 15 days off with some so-so layovers. I prefer working the 190 so with the flica alerts I was able to swap everything to the trips I wanted as they popped into our opentime. I worked ORD-AUS-ORD all June long plus some other turns. I did not work any trip that I was initially assigned for June. Worked 150 hours 8 days off (needed the dough!). You can really work as much or as little as you want, providing there are enough reserves. May I had 95 hours 16 days off, July 108 12 off, August 110 12 off.

Unfortunately with the MCO base opening a lot of our reserves transferred there and senior people transferred in so I lost my line in September and most likely will not get one until classes start again. On RSV from what I see people in BOS typically meet guarantee, maybe a little more.

67 months ago

I thought I would add my two cents in since you will be working straight line reserve and will not have a line so the rules are different. You will work 18 reserve days a month. You bid for the days off and that is seniority based. I am at the bottom of the totem pole at JB but I have Sundays off next month so it is possible since a classmate who is one higher than me has every weekend off so don't think you can't get a weekend off. The best way to get hours while on reserve is stacking your schedule (6 on 1 off or 5 and 2)because it is alot easier to pick up trips at the end of the month as the line holders usually like dropping trips then. Stacking does help cause the month of May I only worked 49 hours but come June I hit 85 by stacking and I have been above 75 since then.

67 months ago

ORD-AUS? I didn't even know JB had that route.

67 months ago

Oh, and I keep forgetting: How often do you really have to do those transcon turns I hear so much about?

67 months ago

ORD-AUS is not a route. Sorry, I was referring to layovers. ORD-AUS-ORD is a 4 day trip with layovers in ORD, AUS, ORD... In BOS we have a ton of those. It's a great way to build hours if you can stand to work them. Most of them here are red eye turns. We used to have LGB day turns but those went away this month...

67 months ago

I have done plenty of transcon flights while on reserve if you end up based in JFK you will end up working one eventually. I prefer transcons they might be long but you rack in hours quick alot of senior people only work transcon turns but I like the layovers as the west coast hotels are nice.

67 months ago

Sounds like a great place. I think I might like doing more day trip oriented stuff with some domestic layovers, as opposed to spending every night in a hotel at most other carriers.

With my academic schedule I may have to do some field work next semester (classroom observation for an education class; I already have my degree).
So I would look to apply probably early 2nd quarter next year if they're hiring.

I just hope I have the credentials to get noticed and hired with all the competition. Three plus years of retail experience, degree in meteorology, and a pilots license with 200 hours.

67 months ago

Anyone know what the typical reserve time in JFK is?

67 months ago

As it stands now it is about 3.5/4 years LGB, 3 years FLL, 2.5 years in JFK, 1.5 years BOS, 1 year MCO... This is based on RSV lists for Sept.

67 months ago

Yikes. I thought JFK would be junior. How bad is JB reserve life??

67 months ago

RSV is not bad if you live within base. For commuters, it stinks. I got an apartment in Queens after living in a crashpad for two months but that was not even close to being home. I commuted from BOS (think it's easy? Can you say Ground Delay or Stop Program?) and so much time was wasted on a plane or at the airport waiting to go home.

67 months ago

Yes Tim is correct unless you live in JFK, BOS, MCO, FLL, or LGB expect to commute and it can be time consuming and people have quit over it. I lived in Europe and Asia so I have dealt with 12-15 hour flights so it doesn't bother me. Reserve can be fun you never know where you are going ahead of time unless you pick up trips but it can be stressful too cause when you are on call never know if you are going to be called or not but you are guaranteed 75 hours even if you don't work that much a month.

67 months ago

I can't really tell if I "live within base". I'm in central New Jersey. Map-wise it's close to JFK, but it's a nasty and expensive drive with the traffic, or about a 2 hour trip on 3 trains (which is also expensive).

Ryan in Boston, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Timbo in Marshfield, Massachusetts said: Training for airport operations is paid two weeks at our training facility in Orlando. Starting pay for BOS is $11/hour. I used to work AO in BOS and now an inflight crewmember. BOS is the best station in the network. Most of the crew I started with almost three years ago is still there. Your schedule is based on a bid. You will bid against people with higher seniority for your schedule which typically will last three months.

For flight attendants, yes, we get paid "premium pay" (not overtime) and any hours over 70. We can work a max of 150 hours a month (which I have and will only do once)...

I did the automated phone interview on 9.4.08 I haven't heard anything at all yet. But the website still says under consideration and I've yet to recieve a rejection email so do you think it still looks good?

ccgesch in Irving, Texas

67 months ago

Has there been any talk about a new FA base?

67 months ago

ccgesch in Irving, Texas said: Has there been any talk about a new FA base?

We just got MCO in June.. That's our newest base, two years after we opened up BOS. I would not expect a new base anytime soon. For some reason AUS keeps getting rumored, however, I think people are just guessing stuff since we started new flights there.

67 months ago

So would you consider eastern central NJ as "living within base"?

67 months ago

Not too sure about the geography of Jersey, but I know a few RSVs that live in NJ, not sure whereabouts. Basically, you need two hours to get to your base from a callout.

67 months ago

As I am based in NYC I know several people who lived in different places in NJ and it can be a challenge in the afternoon hours for them with traffic. You never know when they are going to call I have been called right at 0300 at the start of my 12 hour window and I have been called at 2200 at the very end of my 12 hour window and been called anytime in between I know alot of people will take the train in from NJ and others drive in. Do you know anyone on LI that you could stay with as I know someone who drives in from PA and stays with a friend if she gets in from a trip late or has an early or late reserve window.

67 months ago

It's deceptive. MapQuest says 1 hour 17 minutes from my house to JFK, but my dad has made a few drives out to Republic Airport and it took 3 hours coming back at rush hour. In January I rode in a van from New Brunswick, NJ, to JFK at off-peak times (lat morning in, night out) and it took about an hour.

It's conflicting for me. Intellectually, I know Continental is a better choice because EWR is no more than a hour even with traffic, but I think I would have alot more fun at jetBlue (and, surprisingly, JB has slightly better starting pay). Once hiring resumes do you think RSV time in JFK will go down, or has it always been 2.5 years? CAL is 2 years EWR domestic base.

Danielle Boca Raton

67 months ago

I am so excited. I applied for the AO postion out of FLL and so far had an amazing experience with jetblue. They are so nice and an awesome company!...I just completed my physical abilities test and finger prints and pre-employment drug test. Next stop Orlando for training! I have heard that they will be hriing FA next year so my goal is to apply for FA position because its always been what I have wanted to do since i was little and especially with jetblue!

Tina in Somerset, New Jersey

67 months ago

Names of hotels and streets,nothing is wrong with that. Than something is wrong with you if you think that is ok on a public forum. It is not, and is strictly mentioned in training to keep that private.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Tina in Somerset, New Jersey said: WOW! DID TRAINING TEACH YOU ANYTHING! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LISTED THE HOTELS AND STREETS, AND IN TODAY'S INDUSTRY! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO FLIGHT ATTENDANT'S, I'M SORRY BUT YOU ARE. TO PUT YOURSELF AND ALL OTHERS AT RISK!!!!!!! SHAME, SHAME!

Wow, shame on you Tina you need to learn proper etiquette and not shout on here there are better ways to get your point across.

67 months ago

Tina also I noticed in the open skies and delta rooms you post your e-mail addy on there, I would think that is a greater risk on here than posting where we stay at as most airlines atay at the same places we do. I would never post my e-mail for the whole world to see.

Steve in Kew Gardens, New York

67 months ago

Shane, did you just get screamed at?
HAHA, I think I know who that person is, she not very well.
How have you been latley, have you flown?
I've been sitting since the 5th, its a nice break after August. BTW got MCO so will be sitting HRSV on my days off.

67 months ago

No that was not me she was talking too I just put my two cents in and I am doing well I am on R&R this month I didn't want to sit around NYC and not work I did that in May lol. I leave for Canada for a week tomorrow which I am looking forward too. I saw that you got Orlando, congrats alot of people in my class are going down there next month.

67 months ago

RSV time only a year
I am not too far away from getting a line
Rob from your class to buy out.
Have fun in Canada.

67 months ago

Yeah I heard that about Orlando but after growing up in the FL Keys I have no desire to work in MCO or FLL and you can have the santo domingo red eyes lol. Everytime I am in MCO I am either delayed or stuck there on an IROP. Yes I knew Rob did the buy out he makes the 10th person to leave from my class.

67 months ago

Did you hear they will be hiring again in Nov for a DEC class. I'll deal with DSQ as long as I am home to recover. I'd rather go to LGA than SDQ but hey at least I have to give something up to be home.

Page:  « First « Previous   58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.