what are the qualifications to become a flight attendant here in the philippines?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 333)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Grace in Asia/Pacific Region

91 months ago

Well you must have a good set of teeth,at least 5'4" in height, clear skin,your weight must be perfect for your height, good-looking is a plus...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (415) / No (103) Reply - Report abuse

yanyan in Montreal, Quebec

88 months ago

many factors play a part in you becoming a flight attendant. In addition to personality, ability, and customer service experience, knowledge is critical to your success.
airlines look for the following qualities in their Flight Attendant..customer Service Driven, pleasant panner, good communication Skills , team player attitude , conscientious and confident

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (142) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

yuki in Tokyo, Japan

86 months ago

i really want to be a flight attendant but i dont have the height. im only 5'1. i have good set of teeth and i think i have the looks.. is there no hope?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (601) / No (173) Reply - Report abuse

GODFREY NKABINDE in Pretoria, South Africa

86 months ago

Hi! I'm Godfrey. I'm 19 years of age, I'm currently working as a voluntary admin clerk, and yet at the same time I'm a lecturer. I am interested in becomeing a flight attendant. Now I have'nt got much information about the position, but I'd really love to work as a flight attendant one day. Please send me application forms and everything I need to know about the position. That will be very appriciated.

Sincerely
GODFREY NKABINDE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie Charlie in Hamilton, New Zealand

85 months ago

I just really want to know the qualifications because im really interested in flight attendant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Nonhlanla Ntuli in Sandton, South Africa

85 months ago

I have all the requirement needed to be a flight attended, I am a very passionate person and i am willing to work under any condition so long as long as i am doing my dream job. The thing that worries me is that it is not easy finding job as a battended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Kim =) in Sydney, Australia

85 months ago

hi everyone,
i am currently in australia but i want to become a flight attendant in the philippines..which is the best airline to join? and..are there any training courses to prepare you for the real job?sorry,one more question;how long does it take to actually become one there? please help me out.thank you.

-kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Maya in Sterling Heights, Michigan

84 months ago

I don't speak english that good , you think I'll have a chance ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (200) / No (67) Reply - Report abuse

kittykitty in Central District, Hong Kong

84 months ago

yuki in Tokyo, Japan said: i really want to be a flight attendant but i dont have the height. im only 5'1. i have good set of teeth and i think i have the looks.. is there no hope?

theres hope, some airlines in the region hire people as inflight interpreters...or u can work in the cabin services team

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Angeline Concubierta in Sydney, Australia

83 months ago

i also have first aid training,know how to swim,i still speak tagalog,it is just that i am now an australian citizen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

melissa in Brisbane, Australia

83 months ago

What Are The Qualities that a Person would look for when Interviewing people for a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

what if you live out of country? Meaning not in Philippines but I would like to try out the flight Attendant career base in Philippines. I speak fluent English, Tagalog, a bit of Spanish,and Mandarin. Have an excellent smile- perfect teeth and standing at 5'4 ft, slim fitted body and looks is perfect as well.

It's so hard to compete into this field, I've been into two interview already with Air Canada but they want someone who speaks fluent French- I think.

I would really love to try the career in Philippines, any tips you guys can share to me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

Grace in Asia/Pacific Region said: Well you must have a good set of teeth,at least 5'4" in height, clear skin,your weight must be perfect for your height, good-looking is a plus...

what if you live out of country. Meaning not in Philippines but I would like to try out the flight Attendant career base in Philippines. I speak fluent English, Tagalog, a bit of Spanish,and Mandarin. Have an excellent smile- perfect teeth and standing at 5'4 ft, slim fitted body and looks is perfect as well.

It's so hard to compete into this field, I've been into two interview already with Air Canada but they want someone who speaks fluent French- I think.

I would really love to try the career in Philippines, any tips you guys can share to me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

what if you live out of country. Meaning not in Philippines but I would like to try out the flight Attendant career base in Philippines. I speak fluent English, Tagalog, a bit of Spanish,and Mandarin. Have an excellent smile- perfect teeth and standing at 5'4 ft, slim fitted body and looks is perfect as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

Hello,
Awe, thanks for the advice, seems another try out for me. Yeah, I'm sure American Airlines prefer someone who speaks fluent English adn other languages.

But I actually just got a call from a Cathay Pacific Airways and would like to see me for an interview, any advice/tips you guys can share? I'm really looking forward to this one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

Ah very nice response; really appreciated it : )
hmm what's stopping me? I'm a Canadian residence eh; but I will send my resume still. Thanks though.

"Why don't you begin by running a Google (or search engine of your choice) on "Philippine Airlines," then select each airline in which you're interested, then find and click the "employment" link, and go from there?

I don't intend any disrespect, but after reading so many similar posts I simply must respond. You obviously have internet. You should be able to figure out how to find airline employment information through internet research.

As a flight attendant you are expected to be industrious and resourceful. Most posters here appear to be lazy and want others to do the research for them. If you cannot or will not apply yourselves you're not going to be hired as flight attendants"

I was browsing and looking through each of the comments and questions base on F/A and I got distracted with your comments, I EXTREMELY AGREED WITH YOU (Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado). All the questions are similar. I don't want to response rudely to all the people who's very eager into applying into this challenging field but I have to admit that if you are willing to get into F/A you have to do a lot of EFFORT; I did many times of F/A JOB HUNTING ONLINE and as far as I know getting a 3rd interview in one year row is not bad at all. I really learned so much from each of the Airlines and Recruiter interviews. Plus- I'm becoming more aware of things to expect. I think one of the accomplishments I had was when I pass the three sessions of interview. Although it was a struggles especially going for an interview for the entire day with four different recruiter- but I manage to develop my communication skills and confidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

I hope I can help people with these. To be honest, if you want to apply for this F/A job- send your resume and cover letter ( make sure your resume format wordings are base into Flight attendant). There are actually tons of websites where you can apply. Click on on 'career' links.But all of the Airlines have different specific QUALIFICATIONS. Choose the one that interest you.

Air Lines who are hiring:
www.flightattendantcareer.com/hiring_info.htm
www.avjobs.com/index.asp
www.tomsmidnightflight.com/

Job Interview- Questions and Answers; Requirements
job-interview-answers.com/?gclid=CJ3GnMvS8Y8CFQltZQod6wYdLQ
www.fajobcenter.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

rosered

83 months ago

Well, thank thank you Ms/Mr? Professionalism. Too bad your students did not perform well enough. Some tried and yet never give up.

Mabuhay :) to the rest and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jen in Orem, Utah

81 months ago

my friend wants to be a flight attendant, but she has a kid already and not married. would she still qualify? what is the age limit to become a flight attendant? she will be 26 this year, does she still have the chance? she is tall, pretty and has has very good english. please help. thanks ^^

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Latisha in Adelaide, Australia

80 months ago

GODFREY NKABINDE in Pretoria, South Africa said: Hi! I'm Godfrey. I'm 19 years of age, I'm currently working as a voluntary admin clerk, and yet at the same time I'm a lecturer. I am interested in becomeing a flight attendant. Now I have'nt got much information about the position, but I'd really love to work as a flight attendant one day. Please send me application forms and everything I need to know about the position. That will be very appriciated.

Sincerely
GODFREY NKABINDE

Well good luck buddy i want to be one to so if i get info i will let you know to help you out! But if you do please help me that would be wicked!!!! Luv tish and good luck:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gIII in Pampanga, Philippines

77 months ago

Kim =) in Sydney, Australia said: hi everyone,
i am currently in australia but i want to become a flight attendant in the philippines..which is the best airline to join? and..are there any training courses to prepare you for the real job?sorry,one more question;how long does it take to actually become one there? please help me out.thank you.

-kim

i have read some articles in the internet..
and it says there: SIX WEEKS to SIX MONTHS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flygal in Boise, Idaho

77 months ago

I have been a flight attendant for 18 years now and started flying for Philippine Airlines in 1990-1998. I got furloughed due to the pilot strike in 98.I never got my job back because it was the same time when the company was being privatized and bought out by Lucio Tan. A few of my friends are still with the company. Flying for PAL was quite an experience. We had really good layovers and good layover hotels. Our trips would go from 3-15 days. We had loooong layovers like 7 days Rome, 6 days London, 4 days Sydney!!! Oh my! It was so much fun. I miss those days. It sure is different flying with a US carrier.

When I got hired this was the process. I don't think it changed very much since PAL is vey traditional with their hiring. Really old school. I had 3 panel interviews, a one on one and then if you make it through all that you go through medical, dental (no false teeth, caps, jackets, braces) and vision (must be 20/20, no contacts, glasses). I don't know if lasiks are accepted now. The entire process is about 2 months. Then you go to training for 3 months- yes! 3 months! We had a Php500 stipend a month. That training was just for flying the turbo props (Fokker 50 and SD-360 during my time) and after you graduate they base their new FA's in Cebu! FUN! in the beach everyday! I don't believe they have anymore props now. All the upgrading classes are based on seniority. After 2 years of flying the props I went to another 3 months of training for jet upgrading. These are all domestic flying and then I went through another 3 months of stringent International upgrading in 93 then you earn the big bucks! They have cars that pick up flight attendants from their home to the airport. Not have to worry about late or no show. We were pretty spoiled.

So to get hired, you have to be a college graduate, at least 5'2 for women 5'8 for men, age 18-27 (during my time), speak english, no tattoos. PAL is a lifestyle not a career. Once you're there it's hard to get out. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marjo in Belmont, New Hampshire

77 months ago

My husband is a pilot. Would it help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jubill in Manila, Philippines

76 months ago

Hi I just want to know if I am qualified to be a flight attendant since I only have 5'3 in height..I have a good set of teeth and I know how to dressed up.
I am a secod year student in nursing but I am very interested to be a flight attendant.
I hope to hear you soon..Thank you just let me know if I am qualified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

celeste acenas in Philippines

76 months ago

am celeste acenas...i think i have those qualifications.i'm a fresh college gaduate and i really wanted to be a part of your prestige company..i can send may resume if ever you want to..have a nice day and thank you for reading may message. God bless and more power!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

selwyn in Pretoria, South Africa

75 months ago

Hi im a 2nd year tourism student at UWC im interest into coming an flight attendant but im not sure what to expect please help and im 19 years old have or i think good looks curly straight black hair and tall and a slim body. plz reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Melbourne, Australia

74 months ago

hey
well my names Sandra and i really want to be a flight attended, i love flying and traveling. I have straight teeth because i had braces and I'm skinny and very tall, and I'm only 15 turning 16. At school i do French and i know how to speak Serbian and English. What would your entrescore need to be ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Alana in Perth, Australia

74 months ago

Hi, i'm really interested in becoming a flight attendant in Australia. I'm a Canadian resident and i'm apply for my second year visa in 7 months. I'm hoping to get on with skywest or virgin blue. One problem i have a small tattoo on my foot and the inside of my ankle....is this going to cause a problem landing a job????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pkay in Durban, South Africa

73 months ago

I think that we should all try and noy give up in our dream couse i also want to be a flight attendant but am short and my weight is not that good so guys lets not give up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Damian D in Douglasville, Georgia

73 months ago

hey my name is Damian, and i am 15 years old and i dream of becoming a pilot, but i am pass the average hieght by far and i wanted to know what is the limit in hieght an individual needs to be to become a pilot. At this current time i am 6'3", is that too tall or i will be able to fly in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Damian D in Douglasville, Georgia

73 months ago

hey thanks for you answer, this will really benefit me in the future, i don't think i will be going to the airport soon, but when i do i will definately ask questions about becoming a pilot, thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sibusiso Nxumalo in Durban, South Africa

72 months ago

I am interested in becoming an air hostess, plizz send me the application forms

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

I'm Australian, and am very interested in becoming a Flight Attendant. Displaced Legal Professional, your comments on this board have given me a great deal of respect for you, and I'm wondering, in your opinion, do you think I have a chance? The research I've done so far shows me a lot of costs involved that seem to be even if you don't get the job.. x.x My main concerns are that I have tattoos, a rather large one on the back of my neck, and one on the inside of each forearm. I also have a cap on one tooth. Is there any hope? =[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rosered in Markham, Ontario

71 months ago

Overall, asides from the requirements most of the airlines are looking for personalities: friendly, outgoing, talkative, adventurous, patience, etc. During the interview: Smile, Be yourself (be confidence, think positive), practice answering questions and answers esp. the customers service part. Having some supportive friends really helps too, I’ve gone to a lot of coffee nights just to get some advice, tips of answering questions, boosting my confidence. It took me for at least 2 years trying to get into this field. My last interview was with Skyservice Airlines and the minute I step out of the interview- I knew and felt very positive. A month long of waiting for the call was worth it. I start my training next week (1st week of Nov.). They said it’s very intense and stressful but I’m eager to challenge myself again.

Best of Luck!
Bella ; )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

RE: Displaced Legal Professional and F/A want to be'''

It's me again, Bella (or Rosered). Anyway, I just want to share my experience of trying to get into the field of F/A to everyone. I have been to a lot of interviews with different airlines, at least 6. Thanks goodness for all the great customer experience I have listed on my resume that most airlines I applied would contact me a week ahead after sending resumes online. However, those 7 interviews with different airlines was worth the learning of their expectations even though the waiting was a little emotional (But I've hold a lot of patience and motivations not to give up!).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Getting into interviews is very challenging. It's most likely the research and taking "INITIATIVE" of browsing online about certain airlines you would like to work with. Most of the airlines provide info's of their requirements. And if you received an invitation for the interview, the company would provide you info's of what to bring.

Few more tips:

Writing resume: Make sure your objective is base on F/A. If sending resumes, always add cover letter attachment as well.

Always dress to impress! Business Attire.
*For women, I recommend it's better to dress into knee skirt with matching blazer, long or short white sleeve underneath and pantyhose (matching your skin ton. I've read a lot of things online that "you should dress like one of the F/A in the airline that you want to work with...blah, blah." You don't really have to especially that all airlines have different colour uniform (base on my experienced, I've wore the same outfit over and over! knee skirt with matching blazer
*For men, business attire as well. Black- suit outfit. Simple tie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Continue...

Make Up: Women, try simple as it is (don't go beyond by putting extra extra things). And men, clean shaved face. Funny because I don't wear make up. But whenever I got invited I have no choice but to wear and learn how to put make up on.

Interview Process: Most of the airlines have different process of their recruitments.
If you received invitation for the interview and have few concerns about their expectations let me know. I’ll try to answer your worries but these are the only Airlines I’ve gone through: Air Canada, Cathay Pacific Airways, Emirates, Porter Airlines, and Skyservice Airlines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Continue...

Overall, asides from the requirements most of the airlines are looking for personalities: friendly, outgoing, talkative, adventurous, patience, etc. During the interview: Smile, Be yourself (be confidence, think positive), practice answering questions and answers esp. the customers service part. Having some supportive friends really helps too, I’ve gone to a lot of coffee nights just to get some advice, tips of answering questions, boosting my confidence. It took me for at least 2 years trying to get into this field. My last interview was with Skyservice Airlines and the minute I step out of the interview- I knew and felt very positive. A month long of waiting for the call was worth it. I start my training next week (1st week of Nov.). They said it’s very intense and stressful but I’m eager to challenge myself again.

Best of Luck!
Bella ; )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Bonjour Display Legal Professional!

Thanks. However, I have quite concerns about F/A training. I've already been given a package of introductions to study. And the F/A recruitment manager told me that F/A training is very challenging and intense. Even mention that they give more hours to F/A who has higher marks from all the training exams. If I'm given the uniforms and other requirements, would I be consider as their "employee" already? I'm aware that we have to pass at least 85% for all the written exams. Are all the Airlines companies provide the same training and studying? Any tips and advice about the F/A training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Thanks, I thought I miss something too when you mention "Good luck with my job search" My job search is accomplished! I can't wait for the training, new people, new works, etc. Skyservice Ailrines don't need French language. I wasn't tested during my interview,
thank goodness!

Keep in touch. I'll response back about my training process ; )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Auckland, New Zealand

71 months ago

I received a sample copy of the Flight Attendant Home Preparation training Guide & DVD from Airline Job Training .com.

I am impressed, It seems the 50 minute DVD has been filmed inside the actaul Airline training Centre & covers the Emergency Procedures training.
Cabin Crew evacuations, Crew Positions, Equipment & operation. The 60 odd page manual is full with Pic's & diagrams to help understand & the training looks easy!!! in the DVD.

Does anyone have this ?
Can you tell me how helpful it has been.
It says that the Airlines may require 80 % - 100 % pass in this training process.

They also say that they provide support & advise on the application Interview process. Will this help me! I have my Emirates Interview this month...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Fredericktown, Missouri

71 months ago

David in Auckland, New Zealand said: I received a sample copy of the Flight Attendant Home Preparation training Guide & DVD from Airline Job Training .com.

I am impressed, It seems the 50 minute DVD has been filmed inside the actaul Airline training Centre & covers the Emergency Procedures training.
Cabin Crew evacuations, Crew Positions, Equipment & operation. The 60 odd page manual is full with Pic's & diagrams to help understand & the training looks easy!!! in the DVD.

Does anyone have this ?
Can you tell me how helpful it has been.
It says that the Airlines may require 80 % - 100 % pass in this training process.

They also say that they provide support & advise on the application Interview process. Will this help me! I have my Emirates Interview this month...

How can I get the same sample copy that you've got? Sounds interesting....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Junggle in Flushing, New York

71 months ago

hey Everyone. I think I have a good set at least .and Speak Chinese and Englsh .
Just I m a international student in United states . Is it availible to be a F A ?
help me Guys . thx very much .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Auckland, New Zealand

71 months ago

Hi Junggle,
Your language skills are a major advantage for many International Air Carriers, I received a Job application list from airline job training .com, "Emirates" require chinese speaking cabin crew this year 2008, They will be conducting pre selection in New York 16th of Novemeber. You need to get your C.V. / Resume in ASAP as it is invite only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Del in Toronto, Ontario

71 months ago

rosered in Markham, Ontario said: Overall, asides from the requirements most of the airlines are looking for personalities: friendly, outgoing, talkative, adventurous, patience, etc. During the interview: Smile, Be yourself (be confidence, think positive), practice answering questions and answers esp. the customers service part. Having some supportive friends really helps too, I’ve gone to a lot of coffee nights just to get some advice, tips of answering questions, boosting my confidence. It took me for at least 2 years trying to get into this field. My last interview was with Skyservice Airlines and the minute I step out of the interview- I knew and felt very positive. A month long of waiting for the call was worth it. I start my training next week (1st week of Nov.). They said it’s very intense and stressful but I’m eager to challenge myself again.

Best of Luck!
Bella ; )

CONGRATS! .... Did you go to a open recruitment or did you apply online? I have try all kinds of airlines. and got no call backs . What is your secert?
Del

70 months ago

Del in Toronto, Ontario said: CONGRATS! .... Did you go to a open recruitment or did you apply online? I have try all kinds of airlines. and got no call backs . What is your secert?
Del

Hey Del,
Thanks a lot. Yes I applied online first, I always Google or Yahoo search for any F/A employment and saw the advertisement for Skyservice Airlines. I waited for at least 3 weeks, and I received an invitation for an interview. Most airlines have diff. process of open interview. With Skyservice, it was an open interview but only selected candidates who had applied online. I was told, they had 800 applicants and only hired 63 people.
With all the amounts and I can possibly count how many airlines I've gone for interview, I wish I have a lucky secrets but I think recruiter always look at your resume and cover letter. So, if you need any help on writing resume, I'm willing to help out (and to anyone). ; )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mushu in Montreal, Quebec

70 months ago

was a flight attendant for philippine airlines got out because the politics is sickening and i now work for a canadian company, sadly in asia to be a flight attendant your looks comes first, your degree, your knowledge of cultures etc, does not matter at all, how you look gets you past the interview door, and this means no blemish, you can have imperfections after you get your permanent position and not before or during probation, in the united states i was offered the position because i offered more than a language but i did not have the papers to work in the US and at that time they(US airline companies) stopped sponsoring non US citizens or immigrants to preserve local hiring, in Canada i was successful and fortunate because of the languages i spoke.

i have a bachelors/university degree but in the end the airlines industry hires people that they can benefit from, international airlines equates the world, if you want to work for a particular airline company do your research know where they go, what routes they do and learn a language or language of a country they go to. it really makes sense (how do you offer drinks to someone who does not speak english or american or in an emergency yelling at an arabic speaking passenger who does not speak a word of english/amarican). you don't butter up your resume by mentioning how one would love to work for a company or how one likes to travel) you should have in your C.v. what you can offer(languages, most airline companies actually pay extra for attendants who are language qualified, and yes you will get tested so lying would be a waste or their time, be true and learn another tongue ,this puts your application above someone who speaks just one(and yes even with asian companies)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

we have FA's who have tatooes, ur only worry should be what u should wear to make them not visible,FA uniforms have long or short sleeves, try not to show them off during training or probation

70 months ago

rosered in Markham, Ontario said: Hey Del,
Thanks a lot. Yes I applied online first, I always Google or Yahoo search for any F/A employment and saw the advertisement for Skyservice Airlines. I waited for at least 3 weeks, and I received an invitation for an interview. Most airlines have diff. process of open interview. With Skyservice, it was an open interview but only selected candidates who had applied online. I was told, they had 800 applicants and only hired 63 people.
With all the amounts and I can possibly count how many airlines I've gone for interview, I wish I have a lucky secrets but I think recruiter always look at your resume and cover letter. So, if you need any help on writing resume, I'm willing to help out (and to anyone). ; )

wish you al the luck but i hope Skyservice informs you that they train for the winter but most probably you will not fly for the season until the summer when their competitor concentrates on european routes. i have collegues who used to work for skyservice and they ended up being laid off fr the most prt of their stay with skyservice, but again wish u all the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

lets get some facts straight, Skyservice specializes on in air ambulance, this means private service for insurance companies, they hire registered nurses and not flight attendants for this service,
do not get me wrong they also do charter flights mostly out of their permanent hub in toronto, they do massive hirings but the catch is you will be waiting or be laid off for the most part of the year, if you favor flight attendancy as a sasonal job then Skyservice would be a viable option. i get sad when i hear news about people getting laid off for something the are passionate in what they do but cannot keep doing it because they made wrong decision, please be smart and kdo more research, afterall its your career

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.