Freight Agent Broker Jobs Forum

Moderated by: Preethaaa
Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (452) - Start a Discussion

Mary-Anne Sullivan in Southbury, Connecticut

Experienced Freight Broker or Agent wanted

We have an opportunity available for a freight broker or agent with experience. This is a full-time commission only position where you will work...

LFS-USA in Wilmington, North Carolina

Freight Broker

Learning how to become a freight broker and how to operate a business that creates consistent freight is not easy to do. If a person has some...

Elana in Kansas City, Missouri

Updated 22 months ago

What are the best freight agent broker qualifications and training to get ahead? - 183 Replies

What is the best training for becoming a freight agent broker? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective...

Rebel in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Becoming a broker agent

I have 10 years experience in trucking as a company driver and owner operator. I was interested in becoming an agent. I have been doing research...

garry in Livingston, California

Updated 23 months ago

Broker Insurance - 1 Reply

I am in the process of adding a small brokerage to my warehouse to service my existing customers and also to expand with new ones. I am needing to...

Monica in Mesquite, Texas

freight Agent /Broker

I dont have experience but willing to learn customer service exp..I see a lot of online classes but I heard they were not good. Will to do on the job...

David in Vancouver, Washington

Updated 23 months ago

Freight Broker position wanted - 1 Reply

Hello, my name is Jim, I worked in the transportation industry for 10 years as an over the road driver until a back injury forced me to quit. I am...

David in Vancouver, Washington

Updated 23 months ago

I need frieght broker software - 1 Reply

Load - pilot what a joke I have begged and pleaded and begged and pleaded some more for them to show me how their system works to no avail. It says...

Tracy in Durham, North Carolina

Updated 23 months ago

Agent or Owner? - 5 Replies

Greetings Indeed Community! I've seen the question passed around quite a bit and it usually goes something like this: "Should I sign on with an...

naspencer in Patrick, South Carolina

a program to post and book loads

Load - pilot what a joke I have begged and pleaded and begged and pleaded some more for them to show me how their system works to no avail. It says...

Martin Ukonu in Tucson, Arizona

Starting a trucking business

I have a through knowledge of the trucking industry. I am a trained freight broker, freight dispatcher and a company driver. I will like to start a...

TiJuana in Redford, Michigan

New Agent Looking to Gain Experience

Hi I am looking to gain experience as a new agent. Any Broker Agent looking for agents?

Motor Freight Logistics in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 24 months ago

Recent Freight Agent Recruiting Conversations........ - 1 Reply

I have recently been talking with a few brokerages about recruiting and finding agents. As I have told them, the internet is your most powerful...

DontheBroker in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 25 months ago

How to become a Freight Agent - Home office - 1 Reply

Hi all. My name is Krys. For the last couple of years I have been interested in working as a Freight Agent. My dad was a truck driver, he had 2...

DontheBroker in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 25 months ago

Can I get business as a new broker? - 2 Replies

Hello all. I've been a truck driver for a few years now, dealing with many kinds of freight. In my time, I've done a lot of "working with" shippers,...

Bobby Loads in Chicago, Illinois

CHICAGO BASED BROKERAGE IS LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED BROKERS/SALES AGENTS TO WORK FROM OUR OFFICE

WE ARE AN ASSET BASED TRUCKING COMPANY WITH A BROKERAGE WITH BUILT UP CREDIT, WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR HARD WORKING MOTIVATED EXPERIENCED AGENTS...

Rigo in Mission, Texas

Khl

Has anyone tried the khl logistics agent program?

Beach Kowboy in Winter Haven, Florida

Looking for work as freight agent

Hello, I am interested in getting into freight brokering. I have ran some of the largest produce/vegetable packinghouses in the united states and...

ssnooks in Pooler, Georgia

Updated 26 months ago

Broker or Agent Needed For Savannah Georgia Area - 2 Replies

We're looking to open an office in the Savannah area and are looking for an Agent or Broker in or around the area. You can contact us by visiting...

Marianne Gilson in Butler, Pennsylvania

Sub agent would like to learn more

I am currently a sub agent and learning the ropes quickly. I am looking for another company to train and work with, would like a company who can give...

JeremyHess in Vancouver, Washington

Help with freight brokering

So I have a lot of questions and I hope you guys can help. I am currently 19 almost 20 and my first question was is there any good internships or...

Nancy in Savona in San Francisco, California

Updated 27 months ago

How to Become A Work-From-Home Freight Agent With NO Experience - 7 Replies

Hi! I am an aspired individual seeking a Work-From-Home position as a Freight Agent. Unfortunately, I do not have any experience in the field. I...

rv7driver in Fullerton, California

What's Next??

My registration as a broker is complete. I've got customers and I've got carriers. What is the next step in using the broker's license? Is it as...

GBlomgren in Fresno, California

Updated 29 months ago

Freight Broker Software - 19 Replies

I am fresh out of freight broker school and I found some freight broker software that looked pretty good and the price seemed right. I am just...

mebubba2 in Reno, Nevada

Updated 30 months ago

FED Ex--- 1099 Contract Laborers are now Emploees In the state of California - 2 Replies

Hub Group Inc. has decided to voluntarily make drayage drivers in California into employees, taking a different stance from other fleets that...

rigoberto in Texas

a quick question

I'm currently a teacher and work from 7:45 to 3:3o. My question is, is it posible to find loads after the 5 PM? I live in Texas, so I'm assuming the...

sam in Laredo, Texas

Updated 32 months ago

freight broker info/help - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, im looking for information on becoming a freight broker. I got home about 2 months ago from the Marine Corps and was medically...

Consolidated_Logistics in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 32 months ago

Freight Broker Agents FAQs - 77 Replies

First off I am 3rd generation in the transportation industry. I have been a small fleet owner and also a freight broker. Let me try and give some...

Consolidated_Logistics in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 32 months ago

Freight Agent - 6 Replies

Hi, I am new in the freight agent business. I was a driver for 8 years. I am having problems getting customers. Can anyone give me advice on how to...

me in Saint Augustine, Florida

Updated 32 months ago

Freight Brokers - 1 Reply

Good Evening, I just wanted to say to you'll that I'm a freight broker for a large global company and you have me over here shaking my head. I owned...

NKGeer in Shelbyville, Tennessee

Updated 33 months ago

freight broker AGENT - 26 Replies

Looking for help getting into freight broker agent field I have truck driving experience otr and ltl and dispatch as well as sales I owned a...

Tim Nowicki in Buffalo, New York

Updated 33 months ago

I'm looking for a new opportunity - 12 Replies

I'm looking for a new opportunity in the business as an Agent.. I see different companies out there offering similar commission structures, but who...

RideoutInt in Brampton, Ontario

Updated 34 months ago

Minimum capital needed to start a Freight Brokerage business? - 1 Reply

Unlike the USA where in order to start a freight brokerage one would have to get a USDOT number, broker authority, a surety bond which is now $75,000...

carlos in Norwalk, California

become a transportation broker

the online course to become a broker really works? and what is the best can somebody help me with this?

The Highwaymen in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 36 months ago

Freight Brokering Network Group - 12 Replies

We have started a network for new brokers or those considering brokering. If you need info on how to find shippers, how to talk with customers, where...

Katie in Ottawa, Ontario

Updated 38 months ago

ADVICE ON HOW TO BECOME A FREIGHT BROKER - 1 Reply

Please can someone help or tell me where to start I would love to start my own business as a broker my husband is a Truck Driver and we are planning...

Bergin21 in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 38 months ago

Load Training in Phoenix - 2 Replies

Has anyone here attended the Load Training School in Phoenix (or elsewhere) with David Dwinell?? If so what have your experiences been post...

ErinsonD in Boynton Beach, Florida

Updated 39 months ago

starting a car hauling business - 1 Reply

I am considering starting a car hauling business. I would like any advice anyone can give on start up and cost. I am curious the going rates, ect....

Synderella13 in Dearborn, Michigan

Freight/Logistics Agent - Hanson Limited, New York

Has anyone heard of Hanson Limited in New York? I've recenty received information from them regarding a position as a freight/logistics agent and I...

carrera1 in Washington

how to become a freight broker?

I would love to be a broker. But first I have some questions. If yall would email me at edduin.carrera95@gmail.com or give Me yours. And ill email...

Mark Tapper in San Francisco, California

What factoring rates have you seen from Factoring companies for Freight Brokers?

Hey, Quick question, just was wondering what rates you all have seen from factoring companies that factor invoices for freight brokers. Do you...

Shannon in Morehead, Kentucky

Starting as an agent or broker.

My father is a long haul truck driver. He keeps telling me that being a freight/load broker is the way to make money. He wants to start a little one...

Mark T. in San Francisco, California

Vetting Carriers

So, I was wondering what the best way to view a carriers reliability was. I can see that SAFERSYS gives you information on a carriers violations...

jam in Las Vegas, Nevada

Freight Broker School Recommendations

I'm looking for a freight broker training course that is legit. Can anyone recommend someone? Also why you would recommend them? Thanks in advance.

Maxine G in San Francisco, California

Sincere question: why are you brokers around?

Okay, before you get angry, I want to make it known that I'm not a driver and I'm not a broker and I'm not a shipper. Just someone studying...

Celia Gutierrez in Miami, Florida

Freight Agent Broker

I opened my freight broker company. I have the bond lined up and the funds for all my licensing. I feel like nobody gives direct pointers. Before I...

Sturdycon in Newark, Ohio

Updated 44 months ago

Freight Broker and Small Carrier Training Material - 1 Reply

I have several JJKeller Compliance Manuals on many different topics Great reference material for small carriers who wish to impress the DOT. I also...

Sandeeppj in Kathmandu, Nepal

Updated 44 months ago

Breaking into the Freight Agent Profession From a Financial Profession - 4 Replies

Hello everyone! After working in the financial services career and climbing the ladder to the top into a upper management position over my span of 18...

Rex in Hollywood, Florida

Updated 47 months ago

Brooke Training School - 1 Reply

Hello Readers, I recently started following posts under the Freight Broker forum and it seems as though the postings are simulated by Brooke...

edandnorann@*****.*** in Freeport, New York

Updated 48 months ago

Becoming a freight broker - 5 Replies

I am interested in becoming a freight broker. Myself like others can not afford to pay alot of money to become a freight broker right now. I am...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.