Freight Agent Broker Jobs Forum

Moderated by: Preethaaa
Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (390) - Start a Discussion

rt in Puyallup, Washington

Updated 36 months ago

Intermodal - 1 Reply

Hi I have started a freight broker company last year and a friend of mine owns a trucking company and halls intermodals and he would like me to be...

snrjones in Kent, Washington

becoming a freight broker/agent

I have been driving for 15 years and I am ready to move out of the truck.I have been looking into becoming a freight broker/agent but I'm not sure if...

Phil Aitcheson in Fredericksburg, Virginia

Updated 37 months ago

joining a broker as a new agent - 12 Replies

i am looking at a established broker co. that has a commision structure of 7% comm. on freight using there carriers and 50/50 using an approved by...

t0rk in Lynnwood, Washington

Cold Calling

How do you do it? What kind of script are you using? I haven't had any luck and it's a bit discouraging but I don't want to give up yet!

ande1425

Updated 38 months ago

Broker Buddy Jump in Help me out - 28 Replies

Why do you all want to be broker agents ? Why not start out in freight sales ? Why not learn by dispatching ? Why freight and not Real Estate...

Geary in Chester, Pennsylvania

Updated 39 months ago

Tips for a Wannabe Freight Broker - 4 Replies

Ok, here is my deal. I am a college educated individual who has worked in business and client relations. I want to start a freight brokerage. My...

Rick in Round Rock, Texas

Certified DOT inspectors looking to become brokers/agents

I have 18+ years as a certified FMCSR inspector that recently retired from a State Police Agency. Are there any companies/brokers looking to train,...

Rick in Round Rock, Texas

Certified DOT inspectors looking to be a freight broker/agent

I have 18+ years as a certified FMCSR inspector that recently retired from a State Police Agency. Are there any companies/brokers looking to train,...

Terri Ulrich in Mcdonough, Georgia

Broker Agent School

Hey other truck drivers wanted to let you know about a school I went to at www.shipperscarriers.com. My teacher Maria was awesome and highly...

mrbrons

Moving DOD Freight

I have been offered a job as a freight agent moving Department of Defense freight. What can I expect working with the DOD. I am currently...

darkon in Jackson, Michigan

Updated 39 months ago

Freight agent - 182 Replies

I'm interested in becoming a agent. I don't have any experience. I really can't afford to pay for school at this time. Is there is someone who is...

Ross in Atlanta, Georgia

Looking for training from a broker that works from home

I have been online searching for months for training for a new broker but all of it says it's a scam or to get REAL training it has to be on-the-job....

knowsteel in Charlotte, North Carolina

Updated 39 months ago

Advice on getting started in heavy hauling - 11 Replies

I have experience in brokering dry and refrigerated freight. I we want to move in to heavy hauling. What prior knowledge would I need to approach a...

Jung lee in Lynnwood, Washington

Updated 39 months ago

Work hard and Suceed with us - 6 Replies

I am looking for a few key individuals to work hard gaining the skills and contacts to be sucessful freight broker agents. Currently we are in nedd...

Al in New York, New York

Tech savvy freight broker

Just wondering how I might find an experienced freight broker who's not afraid of working with technology and likes challenges. A new company dealing...

des

I believe I have a unique insite and oppertunity to offer a freight broker as an onsite agent. any advice or direction??

Hi all. I am new to the freight world. My husband is not however. As a rigger we follow auction companies around and do our business. With the...

Cathryn in Warner Robins, Georgia

How to get an agent position without previous experience

I have been searching for an agent position. Unfortunately, I keep coming across only companies that want experience. I am a dedicated...

crazychik in Clarksville, Arkansas

Updated 42 months ago

Can I still do it??? - 3 Replies

Hi all, I started in the industry last Fall but had some setbacks. I took a freight training course for a week, and really had a good...

Bill Pfeiffer in Tennessee Colony, Texas

Experienced Freight Broker with large diverse customer base seeks a new home

Anybody have any ideas who the best asset-based brokerages are? I know who they are, just have not researched who are the best to work...

Eyad in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic

Updated 43 months ago

Has anyone used Trucking Planet's Shipper Database? - 6 Replies

I see there are lots of states and was wondering if anyone has had experience using these. Are there good leads? Most of the carriers I deal with...

FBova in Tel Aviv, Israel

Updated 43 months ago

internet fax - 4 Replies

I am just starting as an agent, working from home. I am looking into using a internet fax service. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on...

twatkins in Houston, Texas

Updated 44 months ago

freight broker - 2 Replies

hi im trying to start a broker business at home can you help me out on advise

Richa in Rutherford, New Jersey

Updated 44 months ago

social work jobs in NYC that offer H1B sponsorship - 1 Reply

Hi! I am a licensed social worker (LMSW)for New York State. I so want to obtain a work opportunity to work in the US, but I need a H1B sponsorship. I...

Tony in Kansas City, Missouri

Updated 44 months ago

government loads - 5 Replies

Does anyone know how to sign up to bid on government freight??

David 120 in Brandon, Mississippi

Updated 45 months ago

broker agent a good training service - 1 Reply

I am looking at A1 Freight Training for my agent training, and I was wondering if anyone else has used their service before. Also how does their...

Jessica

Updated 45 months ago

Can I start and build my shipper database with ONLY cold calling?? - 4 Replies

Hi! My name is Jessica and I am very interested in frieght brokering. The more I am reading and learning, the more it sounds like advertising- formal...

Paul in Lake Elsinore, California

Updated 46 months ago

Cold Calls - 5 Replies

I have been reading through the forum and have a question for the veteran brokers. If cold calling is a thing of the past...how do you generate new...

Updated 46 months ago

Broker Authority/MC # - 1 Reply

Anyone know where or how to buy a used MC #??? Thanks for your help! = D

Updated 46 months ago

Can Anyone Guide Me In the Right Direction?? - 2 Replies

I am a freight agent and have been for about 7 years now! The company that I was working for went out of business when the owner had passed away!...

marc in Flushing, New York

Updated 47 months ago

auto brokerage and freight brokerage - 1 Reply

can i operate a freight brokerage business under someone else's auto transport licence and surety bond? Does the bond and licenese for the auto...

JEAN-MARIE in Brampton, Ontario

Updated 47 months ago

Represent great company that can ship loads cross country fast--tips? - 2 Replies

Hey guys, I'm a sales representative for a company with locations throughout the US, including LA and well I'm looking to expand our customer...

ti jean in Montreal, Quebec

Updated 47 months ago

Canadian Opportunities - 8 Replies

Hi, I live in Southwestern Ontario, just west of Toronto. I've got a bit of experience in transportation in different aspects and am trying to get...

JIBBS8 in MACON, Georgia

Updated 48 months ago

To many loads - please help! - 1 Reply

Ha! got you to look didn't I. I asked the question below a couple days ago. But, it seem you guys are only interested in broker/agent gab. Try...

JIBBS8 in MACON, Georgia

Updated 48 months ago

broker /agents - 2 Replies

looking for broker agents that want to go to the top must have falowing

Houstonsgal

Updated 49 months ago

Social Networking for Brokering Freight - 1 Reply

Just wanted to see how many people here using social networking sites for business? What are your favorites and has it been successful in your...

Pete in Rushville, New York

Updated 49 months ago

Finding company to work for - 1 Reply

I was working under a family member last year as a broker, but I was using the family members information. Well, I stopped because I was making lots...

niacin in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 49 months ago

how much does pc miler cost? worth it? - 1 Reply

Just wondering how much PC Miler costs? Also, do you feel it's worth it?

drivewithbhw in Gainesville, Florida

Updated 49 months ago

Finding Quality Carriers...and driver Broker Agents - 2 Replies

We are a small Florida-based motor carrier with broker authority. We have been fairly successful in finding freight - primarily produce and plants,...

Dennis Brown in Lancaster, New York

Updated 50 months ago

LOOKING TO SWITCH JOBS - 4yrs agent experience - who pays the best??? - 4 Replies

Hi, I've been an agent for 4yrs and make 5.5% of the linehaul dollar. Does anyone know who will put on agents at a better rate of pay?? Thanks.

Sharon in Sarasota, Florida

Updated 50 months ago

in need of a mentor or guidance to become a broker/agent? - 10 Replies

is is possible to be a freight broker/agent after hours and on the weekends? i am looking for someone to connect with to start working and learn the...

Bob in Reno, Nevada

Updated 50 months ago

What We Look For When Training Freight Agents & Brokers - 2 Replies

We often would like to see if a person considering our Freight Agent/Broker Training can be professional & prompt. It would surprise many of you,...

ctegland in Walla Walla, Washington

Updated 53 months ago

Auto- Carriers - 3 Replies

I'm looking for a carrier that can move a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier from Alexandria, Va to Shreveport, LA. If you can help me out, please e-mail me ...

B McLoon in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 53 months ago

What are your thoughts about this? - 3 Replies

After coming across Indeed.com, I am seriously thinking about quitting my job as dispatcher for a local trucking company after a year and a half,...

ksaddler in Federal Way, Washington

Training Freight Brokers

I am in search of comanies that are willing to hire individuals who want to become a freight broker. Does anyone know of companies out there that...

Jason Yuan in Los Angeles, California

Updated 54 months ago

freight out of Texas - 2 Replies

I read in a broker training book to avoid loads out of Texas. Texas imports more then it exports. Texas should be for back load only. Is this...

Tommy in Concord, North Carolina

Updated 54 months ago

Got a brokerage an a trucking company - 1 Reply

I was wandering how should I rate my freight as a broker an I got acouple of customers right now wandering if anyone has any suggestions on new...

ana in New Brunswick, New Jersey

freight broker training problem

Hi I am going to pay 500 for finiancing to an anline course the thing is they say it's 200 extra if I finance I told them what that was for and if...

ana in New Brunswick, New Jersey

Freight Broker Training (Wendy’s take on courses & manuals)

Not all Freight broker Training offered is equal. Being a Freight Broker or Agent requires more than most training can offer. You may need several...

jack in Winchester, Massachusetts

Updated 57 months ago

New Agent Commission - 5 Replies

What is reasonable for a new agent with no experience to expect as a commission? I've heard 6-7% of the gross rate is fair. Thanks, Lou

Jon in Virginia in Virginia

What's the best way to find brokers without posting on job sites - experienced or just out of training?

Business demands that we bring on another broker or two, but don't want to post on the internet job sites and sift through the endless resumes from...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.